Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
ooook. Have a chance to go 2 out of 3 in playoffs if Crowder outscores Desean with a 15 point cushion. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If Dustin Hopkins gets more than 7 points and fat Rob fewer than 8 I make it to the finals in all 3 of the leagues I made the playoffs:toot:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I basically need the redskins offense to poo poo the bed, my opponent has cousins, Kelly, djax, Hopkins to go and I'm only up 40 :v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Inspector_666 posted:

I sat Cooks this week. It shouldn't cost me in the end but boy do I feel dumb. Made all the wrong WR/flex calls this week.

It could be worse - not only did my opponent's team lose to my team, so far he's losing to his own bench (he played tyrod/Mitchell/sanu instead of brees/cooks/Jeffery).

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Oh also thanks to perhaps the biggest factor in both of my victories, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense. All those rushing TDs brought a smile to my face. And to a lesser extent, the Colts offense for not giving Frank Gore those two Turbin TDs. I'm sure my opponent really appreciated being vultured twice.

Cant wait to start Stafford in the finals

Edit also and I cant believe this is even a consideration but holy poo poo I'm thinking about starting Todd loving Gurley against the 49ers next week in a week 16 & 17 league. Have the stars aligned to play my first round draft choice in the finals?

Santheb fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 19, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

It could be worse

Confirmed. I'm going to lose in one league to a team that started Riddick and Julio (and McCoy, Freeman, and Howard).

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
up 92-78 vs his garcon.

please please please :ohdear:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

This lineup makes me feel... unclean. I started 9 undrafted players this week (Zeke the lone exception) and I'll make it to finals if DJax can out score Garcon by 1.43.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
Strategy question: I'm up 2.6 points in my 0.5 PPR league with one player remaining on MNF (Greg Olsen @ WAS). All of my opponent's players have now played. According to Yahoo, with Olsen in the lineup, I have a 92% chance to win. If I bench him, it rises to 100%. However, I'm wondering about the possibility of a stat correction affecting the outcome. It's our playoff semi-final, so I don't think total points matter any more. What's the best move here?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It doesn't matter.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't believe I got Shady for Kelvin Benjamin

Thanks for being unbelievably hot the first two weeks of the season, Kelvin

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Intruder posted:

I can't believe I got Shady for Kelvin Benjamin

Thanks for being unbelievably hot the first two weeks of the season, Kelvin

I dont know how this happened in my league but in like week 3 or 4 there was a Shady for Charles swap. This was when Charles was supposedly practicing and coming back and all.

Shady's owner is my opponent this upcoming week.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

gloom posted:

Strategy question: I'm up 2.6 points in my 0.5 PPR league with one player remaining on MNF (Greg Olsen @ WAS). All of my opponent's players have now played. According to Yahoo, with Olsen in the lineup, I have a 92% chance to win. If I bench him, it rises to 100%. However, I'm wondering about the possibility of a stat correction affecting the outcome. It's our playoff semi-final, so I don't think total points matter any more. What's the best move here?

It's hard to get a stat correction that overcomes that many points in normal settings unless your QB had a TD pass that was ruled a lateral, or your opponent's QB's team had a lateral that should've been a TD pass. It's even harder for Olsen to get below - 2.6 in 0.5 ppr, he'd have to catch two screensfor like 0-1 yards and fumble them both away and then get hurt or not catch a pass the rest of the game. The stat correction is more likely.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Assuming Greg Olsen, Kelvin Benjamin, and Trent Murphy can manage to outscore Ted Ginn Jr by 5, I'll make the finals in my money league for the first time in 5 years.

I assume this means Ginn will get 4 tds tomorrow.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

I sat Cooks this week. It shouldn't cost me in the end but boy do I feel dumb. Made all the wrong WR/flex calls this week.

I sat Cooks as well, he is hard to start when you have other more 'reliable' WRs. The guy hadn't scored a touchdown for 4 weeks and had a goose egg in a 49-21 win 3 weeks ago. I've pretty much sat/started him at all the wrong times this year but it thankfully hasn't lost me any important games.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
If Kirk cousins can score 10 points tonight I'll beat the 1 seed and points leader.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Santheb posted:

Oh also thanks to perhaps the biggest factor in both of my victories, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense. All those rushing TDs brought a smile to my face. And to a lesser extent, the Colts offense for not giving Frank Gore those two Turbin TDs. I'm sure my opponent really appreciated being vultured twice.

Cant wait to start Stafford in the finals

Edit also and I cant believe this is even a consideration but holy poo poo I'm thinking about starting Todd loving Gurley against the 49ers next week in a week 16 & 17 league. Have the stars aligned to play my first round draft choice in the finals?

Do not start Todd loving Gurley

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

gloom posted:

Start him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I of course lost to the guy who didn't pay attention to his team for the last 3 weeks of the season, squeaked in with a 6-7 record, forgot to look at his team the first week, and then beat me by 30 this week because of Devonta Freeman.

Also I was traveling all day without internet so I found this out the second my plane landed.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I think I'm winning both my semifinals.

In one I'm up 65.5 with his DeSean Jackson and Greg Olsen to go.

In the other I'm up 14 with my Cam Newton and Jordan Reed against his Kelvin Benjamin and Greg Olsen.

Even if Jordan Reed is out I think my chances are pretty good. (famous last words)

Meanwhile in my home league where I was out last week, the finals are going to be seeds 5 and 6. All the dominant teams are out.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Doltos posted:

I of course lost to the guy who didn't pay attention to his team for the last 3 weeks of the season, squeaked in with a 6-7 record, forgot to look at his team the first week, and then beat me by 30 this week because of Devonta Freeman.

Also I was traveling all day without internet so I found this out the second my plane landed.

Holy gently caress is that team Liam Neeson cuz in my league theres a dude with that exact scenario

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

Holy gently caress is that team Liam Neeson cuz in my league theres a dude with that exact scenario

I'm glad there's someone else with this problem out there in the ether because the team I'm facing is called Finkle and Einhorn, has a picture of Finkle's bulge as his profile pic, and is managed by two inner city barber shop guys with tattoos all over their bodies.

This is also the same league that features Bill Daly, Co-Comissioner of the NHL, who put up a gentleman's 77 in the semi-finals against DaSuplexCityBitches ran by my friend Brian who has poo poo himself twice in the last six months.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The finals in my work league are going to be between a guy who drafted really well and has been on top of the waiver wire all season and...a woman who autodrafted and has literally not changed her roster a single time all season except to make a trade with me. The player she got has been on her bench the entire time.

:dawkins101:

Lucifa
Feb 9, 2005

Well I have somehow managed to find myself in the Final next week in my friends league, beating my opponent by 4 points who had beaten me last week by 70.

It's my second season of NFL (not just fantasy - the whole thing), I basically have no idea what I'm doing, who to start, who to pick up, what the favourable matchups are etc.
In the standings, my team is last or 2nd last in those True/Breakdown standings yet I limped into 4th to make the playoffs.

And now I really want to win but worried about actually doing some research as it seems to have worked so far not doing any.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Leading in to the draft, I sort of expected to go with 0RB strategy. That quickly fell apart, so I zigged when others zagged and now with the season behind us I can't be any more thankful to have ended up with DJ and Shady.

Part 1 of a two-week championships is in the books and I've currently got a 50+ point lead. No players are left on either team so I get to sit back and enjoy the game tonight then wrap everything up next week. :clint:

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Doltos posted:

I'm glad there's someone else with this problem out there in the ether because the team I'm facing is called Finkle and Einhorn, has a picture of Finkle's bulge as his profile pic, and is managed by two inner city barber shop guys with tattoos all over their bodies.

This is also the same league that features Bill Daly, Co-Comissioner of the NHL, who put up a gentleman's 77 in the semi-finals against DaSuplexCityBitches ran by my friend Brian who has poo poo himself twice in the last six months.

Freeman owner in my league didn't do his lineup and started two inactives one of them being Eddie Royal. He's only down by 5 points against the returning champ's team and has Tedd Ginn left. Other team has no players left.

He would have forsure won if he actually did his lineups, and if the returning champ 3peats I'm going to loving rage

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Standard scoring, I'm up by 15 with my Jordan Reed (or Vernon Davis) against his Desean Jackson. I'm nervous about Reed still not being fully healthy, especially after his dud last week. Is there reason to think he'll be at least ok? This game is for the finals.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Doppelganger posted:

Standard scoring, I'm up by 15 with my Jordan Reed (or Vernon Davis) against his Desean Jackson. I'm nervous about Reed still not being fully healthy, especially after his dud last week. Is there reason to think he'll be at least ok? This game is for the finals.

I have Crowder playing and am praying for a miracle. Mason Foster and Thomas Davis, if one of those two can have a crazy game I'm in the semi-finals!

Edit: My point is, I think Reed and Desean will both have productive days if both are healthy.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Any chance of Garcon being a healthy scratch tonight?

...I'm up 14 and my opponent has him. I'm stressing out. :ohdear:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Any chance of Garcon being a healthy scratch tonight?

...I'm up 14 and my opponent has him. I'm stressing out. :ohdear:

Consolation bracket loser chat: There's a chance I end up in in the bout for Consolation King with The That Team Doesn't Give a gently caress. He's currently in the lead by 5 with no players left but his opponent has Garcon, so I'm hoping Garcon does jack poo poo. That lead would probably be an insurmountable one if he started someone at TE or had one more RB not on injured reserve. Of course knowing my luck some jerk will remind him to set his lineup again and I won't even have that. :mad:

I swear I am this league's Jeff Fisher. :negative:

2013: 7-6, 5th of 8
2014: 7-6 3rd of 8
2015: 8-6, 7th of 10
2016: 6-8, 8th of 10

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

gloom posted:

Talk about burying the lede... How the hell do you only have a 92% chance to win if you start Olsen?

eta: In a league I've been dominating all year to a 12-2 record, and a game in which I was predicted to score 155 points, my opponent has... Brees and Cooks.

I'm down by 40 going into tonight's game, he's done and I have Fat Rob, Hot Brain, and some-loving-kicker to go.

Yep, I somehow managed to have my entire fantasy season come down to the Washington offense.

gently caress. :suicide:

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 19, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doppelganger posted:

FWIW reports are that Reed feels "more normal" and I'm constantly kicking myself for starting Eifert over him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Need 38 points from Cam and DeSean to avoid getting upset by the 4 seed. Sounds totally doable, I bet.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Need 45 points from Desean and Jstew :shepface:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
One of our league managers died in Week 14.

So at least you're not that guy

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
hahaha Jesus :smith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

So by how many points is the dead guy running away with this week

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

So by how many points is the dead guy running away with this week

He beat my wife last week but I beat him this week to make it to the next round.

Legit conflicted how I should feel about that. Just to make sure he's not waiting for me when I die, if I win the Super Bowl I'm sending his kids a Toys R Us gift card.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Suave Fedora posted:

One of our league managers died in Week 14.

So at least you're not that guy

he couldn't wait until the season was over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

FWIW reports are that Reed feels "more normal" and I'm constantly kicking myself for starting Eifert over him.

Turns out you might've made the right call.

• Locked thread