Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Captain Invictus posted:

this literally just happened in the top 8 Street Fighter V at NEC: https://clips.twitch.tv/bifuteki/LightNightingaleKreygasm

christ. what a hilarious shitshow of a production

Took me a second and I"m like oh there goes a tv and then table. Welp.

edit: I believe that is figtan speak but they are trying a little too hard.

Not everyone can be like Yipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Captain Invictus posted:

this literally just happened in the top 8 Street Fighter V at NEC: https://clips.twitch.tv/bifuteki/LightNightingaleKreygasm

What language are these people speaking?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The non-yipes guy is pretty awful, yes. Not sure what his accent is exactly.

Yipes is the best though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don't doxx me

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If you think of Tidus as having high-functioning autism, his narration makes a lot more sense. It's always him realizing something going on emotionally that the player easily understood an hour or more earlier. Also it completely fails to make use of the basic function of narrative where it can foreshadow things that will happen later.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Bombaclat!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Facing down a whole week of work at the end of Sunday like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xi-CxR-a2o

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

WoW's version of Christmas is propped up by a goblin food company and I don't know what to make of that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

WoW's version of Christmas is propped up by a goblin food company and I don't know what to make of that.

Meanwhile in FFXIV

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Shindragon posted:

Its why I gave him a pass for KH because of Lulu's design.

KH2 though, ok now he went too far.

KH1 is really good though. Everything past 1 is a hot mess but 1 is good imo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lizard Wizard posted:

It is great and good.

E: There's dialogue in the game that strongly implies the now-commercialized WoW Santa is based on this actual gigantic titan guy.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 19, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

It is great and good.

Huzzah.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i want the steam sale to start already :(

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ostentatious posted:

i want the steam sale to start already :(
Only 3 days left. But also other distribution services started already with the same or better deals (but still better to wait and compare with Steam prices to be sure).

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thanks to my birthday I have £30 in steam credit waiting for the winter sale. I got it with my steam controller and steam link which as a combo are utterly fantastic!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

thank you birthday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The birth of video games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope you had a happy bday Video Games! Have a pic of some cute cats

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Remember Me, it was 70% a decent game and 30% some of the worst combat I've played. Fortunately someone realised that and made it easy (outside of a couple of segments) and reduced encounters to the bare minimum.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished Remember Me, it was 70% a decent game and 30% some of the worst combat I've played. Fortunately someone realised that and made it easy (outside of a couple of segments) and reduced encounters to the bare minimum.

That game had a neat setting, a cool combat idea, and a fantastic soundtrack, but it really couldn't bring the gameplay together. I like the build-a-combo thing, but the actual combat was pretty bland.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it was a neat idea ruined by its implementation. It's incredibly stiff and the 8 hit combo might as well not exist because you just get swarmed and spend most of your time dodging to get one hit in. Also enemies that hurt you on hit and no way to stop it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Am I allowed to wonder if CitB has played a Musou game or a MOBA?

i have

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Remember Me has some amazing enviornment design though, I like when devs aren't afraid of using striking colors (and pulling it off).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i played hyrule warriors (it was bad)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

Don't sign your posts

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I try to be a nice person because I want everybody to be nice to one another but this is just wrong

Why do you think it was bad?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I try to be a nice person because I want everybody to be nice to one another but this is just wrong

Why do you think it was bad?

repetitive and easy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

repetitive and easy

Well it's a musuo game so I can't fault you on "repetitive" (tho that's the appeal to me) but I'd argue against "easy" since it can be pretty difficult on higher difficulty levels and if you're going for things like heart pieces and skulltulas and a-ranks

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

repetitive and easy

You clearly never touched any of the challenge maps in Adventure Mode or bumped the difficulty up to hard. Once you start getting challenged to clear whole maps without taking any damage, the game starts to show its teeth. The main campaign doesn't even feature all the varieties of battlefield conditions or unit types, there's a much, much meatier section of the game beyond the story mode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HW is harder than the average Musou game too since enemies are very aggressive at taking over bases and if you're not good at juggling two or three objectives at a time you'll get overrun easily.
That just story mode too, adventure mode gets insane eventually, especially if you're going for gold ranks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Some of the hardest content is DLC tho so if you weren't enjoying the base game I wouldn't expect you to pay money for the dlc, tho the stuff in the vanilla game is still pretty challenging imo but :shrug: different strokes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Doubleposting because it's not letting me edit the previous post.

Admittedly I prefer playing HW co-op with my fiancee and that kinda ups the difficulty since damage taken is cumulative between both players (life bars are separate, but the rank screen pulls from a sum of both players' damage taken) and that makes getting a ranks harder cause we're both not *great* at the game :P

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they tricked me into getting monster hunter and i won't let them do the same with dynasty warriors zelda

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

they tricked me into getting monster hunter and i won't let them do the same with dynasty warriors zelda

Who tricked you?

Also, if you get a chance, I'd say try it out. My understanding is that p much every warriors/musuo game is the same with some changes here and there so if you get to try one of them and you enjoy it then you'll probably dig hyrule warriors

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Monster Hunter and Hyrule Warriors are extremely good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Who tricked you?

Help Im Alive posted:

Monster Hunter and Hyrule Warriors are extremely good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Palpek posted:

Remember Me has some amazing enviornment design though, I like when devs aren't afraid of using striking colors (and pulling it off).

Yeah, it's gorgeous. I loved the idea of a dystopian cyberpunk Paris (and it took this American a very long time to realize the joke behind "Meripherique").

This has been the wallpaper on my ipad since shortly after the game came out:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I played a bunch of Dungeonmans this weekend and it's very good. I played a little bit of Caves of Qud and die a bunch but I think it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not a big fan of monster hunter either, but that is based on playing demos on the 3DS and apparently that's like the worst way to experience monster hunter or something?? idk, the camera felt way too zoomed in and I couldn't get a good feel for combat.

• Locked thread