Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Game is good, turns poopy in the middle then gets good again at the end. I really enjoyed it but then I loaded up Witcher 3 which is pretty much a better game in every aspect. It's crazy that they both had the same amount of dev time.

Retromancer posted:

Like any random side quest in Witcher 3 is better written than anything in FFXV Don't pretend like the games are in the same league.

FFXV's side quests are all MMORPG poo poo and the only decent writing happens when the bros are just shooting the poo poo.

Unnecessary poo poo talking ✓
Pretending they know anything about game development ✓
Disparaging The Writing ✓

Im afraid its terminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Why aren't you posting in The Witcher thread if you like it so much? Like what does your brain think it will accomplish by posting stuff like this. I've never understood it, going way back to my gfaqs days when I was 10 and watching 25 year olds posting this style poo poo. You are everything wrong with gaming culture.

every gbs poster thinks tehyre some kind of unheeded bodhisattva of good taste. it really is terminal

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bolverkur posted:

having insane poo poo happen and doing cool quests just to hear Fisherman's Horizon (it's usually on repeat) when I get in the Regalia makes for potent gaming feels

Is there a way to get the music to shuffle between playlists while driving or do I have to manually switch it each time?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Is there a way to get the music to shuffle between playlists while driving or do I have to manually switch it each time?

Down on the dpad will switch to repeat and then shuffle. Pretty sure that goes across playlists

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Down on the dpad will switch to repeat and then shuffle. Pretty sure that goes across playlists

Perfect. Thanks. Also, is there a way to zoom the camera out in the car?

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Perfect. Thanks. Also, is there a way to zoom the camera out in the car?

L1 and R1

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh my god the Chocobo riding feels are incredible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Now i'm just kind of sad that chocobos aren't real 😰

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

Now i'm just kind of sad that chocobos aren't real 😰

They were real but you were born too late.

Waffle Ryebread
Sep 21, 2016

Sharkopath posted:

badabing badaboom ✓
youse guys ✓
fuggedaboutit ✓

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCDk4rjbEvg

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Bolverkur posted:

having insane poo poo happen and doing cool quests just to hear Fisherman's Horizon (it's usually on repeat) when I get in the Regalia makes for potent gaming feels

fisherman's horizon is a more powerful track than i had ever realized before

i wish i could put the whole ff8 soundtrack on loop/shuffle instead of all tracks tho

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Soundtracks for the Regalia are such a nice touch sometimes I'll take longer drives than I need to. The main soundtrack is really good, too like the fight music while you're reeling in a fish. It's excellent.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Quit moping, keep hoping.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Chapter 13 is going to have to be some unique and unprecedented level of awful or else every brain addled games poster was lying because the run up to it in 10-12 is fun as hell and cool.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Chapter 13 is going to have to be some unique and unprecedented level of awful or else every brain addled games poster was lying because the run up to it in 10-12 is fun as hell and cool.

I finished Chapter 13 today and have some thoughts on it. I'll try to be as vague as possible w/minimal spoiler text.

Overall, I found I enjoyed it. The thing the game wanted you to feel came across very strongly, so they succeeded in that regard. On the other hand, if someone was just mainlining the story quests, I could see how it could become quite annoying. That said, there are more than enough nice touches thrown in there to keep me satisfied, like the radio broadcasts and the silent hill looking monster that stalks you.

Honestly, the only truly bad thing I can say about Chapter 13 is the first half overstayed its welcome by 5-10 minutes. Which in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal at all.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I finished Chapter 13 today and have some thoughts on it. I'll try to be as vague as possible w/minimal spoiler text.

Overall, I found I enjoyed it. The thing the game wanted you to feel came across very strongly, so they succeeded in that regard. On the other hand, if someone was just mainlining the story quests, I could see how it could become quite annoying. That said, there are more than enough nice touches thrown in there to keep me satisfied, like the radio broadcasts and the silent hill looking monster that stalks you.

Honestly, the only truly bad thing I can say about Chapter 13 is the first half overstayed its welcome by 5-10 minutes. Which in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal at all.

The middle part kind of dragged but yeah, the overreactions led me to expect it would be outright bad instead of just mildly mundane.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I also just want to say that I really appreciate how real poo poo gets after Chapter 10. It's pretty much non-stop after that and character interactions actually change to reflect the story beats. Legitimately impressed that Squeenix made me feel again.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
103/103 recipes. Kind of sad that I'm not going to hear Ignis exclaim "That's IT! I've come up with a new recipeh." again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I also just want to say that I really appreciate how real poo poo gets after Chapter 10. It's pretty much non-stop after that and character interactions actually change to reflect the story beats. Legitimately impressed that Squeenix made me feel again.

looking forward to playing this now

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

103/103 recipes. Kind of sad that I'm not going to hear Ignis exclaim "That's IT! I've come up with a new recipeh." again

His exclamations are becoming few and far between for me now too. Feels.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm still in chapter 8. I basically took another pause here like I did in chapter 3. Spending time working on my fishing skill.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just beat it. This is my GOTY 2016.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just beat it. This is my GOTY 2016.

I'm sipping it. I haven't got bored of horsing round yet.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm sipping it. I haven't got bored of horsing round yet.

That's the way to do it. Move on when you feel like it. I think I went back after chapter 9 and did some more of Hurly from Lost's quests because I needed money

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I agree with all this, having seen it through. It's a bit long to spend in one environment but the payoff especially is worth it, but even in the middle there's some real cool encounters to be had.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm pissed at the numbnuts upthread saying the writing is bad too because the ride at the beginning of 14 is such an amazing scene.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My cool money making tip for the midgame: (spoilers for people who like to figure this stuff out for themselves) get the double fishing items ascension ability and fish up vesper gars all drat day...their filets sell for 1800 Gill...wowza!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Done. GOTY.

Definitely wanna go back and platinum it though since I probably only did half the side content.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Done. GOTY.

Definitely wanna go back and platinum it though since I probably only did half the side content.

If u havent beat all the dungeons yet definitely do that

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Thank you! Road trip feels

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm only like 10 hours in but this game feels very special .Little things like being able to press different face buttons to do different poses in that quest where you take a picture with a Catoblepas add up and just make for a really joyful experience

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sorry about your lovely max HP Prompto but I am replacing the accessory that boosts it with this new one I found that lets you take more pictures in a single day

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I beat a big boss at level 72. It took 2 hours and wasn't worth it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

sorry about your lovely max HP Prompto but I am replacing the accessory that boosts it with this new one I found that lets you take more pictures in a single day

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Foxhound posted:

I beat a big boss at level 72. It took 2 hours and wasn't worth it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

goferchan posted:

Lol...but where is that accessory

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol...but where is that accessory

That's the camera strap, you buy it from the weapon shop in the first big town I think, I forget what it's called but it's the one where you meet Iris.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lestallum.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The food in this game gets me hungry for some lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nah I'm not there yet, I think I just got it at a weapon shop in some rando outpost so it's definitely available sooner than that