Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I used one litter box for two cats for many years with no issues. Only when I got a third were there any litter box problems, so we got a second.

I'm gonna talk to my partner then because OMG I want her so bad. She is just so beautifully stripey and I can't handle that eyeshadow game. (Such a precious face too agh.)

Our current cat is almost eleven years old and she's been an only cat for over six years. The only time I've seen her interact with other cats was when I cat sat my mom's cat for two weeks years ago.

She was very poofy and hissy but not physically aggressive. Lots of growls.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know if I can browbeat my partner into letting me have that sassy kitten.

To stay on topic,
My cat is technically a rescue since I found her on the street in 2007. She had a visibly broken leg and was very ratty and beaten up (she had been hit by a car.) I saved her life and she kept me sane as my only living company for several years. She's very happy now.

(I wish I had some before and after pictures but I didn't have a camera phone or digital camera in 07.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Jenner posted:

I'm gonna talk to my partner then because OMG I want her so bad. She is just so beautifully stripey and I can't handle that eyeshadow game. (Such a precious face too agh.)

Our current cat is almost eleven years old and she's been an only cat for over six years. The only time I've seen her interact with other cats was when I cat sat my mom's cat for two weeks years ago.

She was very poofy and hissy but not physically aggressive. Lots of growls.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know if I can browbeat my partner into letting me have that sassy kitten.

To stay on topic,
My cat is technically a rescue since I found her on the street in 2007. She had a visibly broken leg and was very ratty and beaten up (she had been hit by a car.) I saved her life and she kept me sane as my only living company for several years. She's very happy now.

(I wish I had some before and after pictures but I didn't have a camera phone or digital camera in 07.)

Serious talk. We are planning on taking her back to the spca on Wednesday as she'll likely be done with her Foster journey by then. If, however, I have someone who is serious about adopting her, we can hold onto her for a bit and may be able to adopt her straight out from our house. So let me know as soon as possible.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

We're starting to suspect we're gonna be on to Fostering: Round 2. We didn't get Momma Cat and the kittens indoors until the kittens were about two weeks old. Now that they're been sent to their forever homes...Momma Cat is looking awfully fat and we suspect she may have gotten pregnant before we got her in the house...It's been about long enough for her to be near birth if so. I'll try to get pictures. She also has a habit of trying to go outside whenever she hears the front door or somebody getting ready to leave.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Caption Contest - Christmas Edition

And a bonus, making of the photo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyhsUt0ks9o

Chili fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 19, 2016

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Chili posted:

Caption Contest - Christmas Addition

"I swear I didn't eat that fat guy who tried to come in our house! Tim Allen? Who's that?"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Chili posted:

There's something off about this new collar, but I can't quite put my paw on it. There must be something festive on the top, but what:ohdear:?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Chili posted:

"I was told there would be no math."

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Bobby Digital posted:

"I was told there would be no math."

ucccchhhhh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

"All I want for Christ-mas is to re-move this-hat."

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Chili posted:

"On the first day of Christmas,
Chili gave to me
A hat I wear most butterfully!"

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Chili posted:

B-A-bay, B-E-bee, B-I-bicky-bi argh no it's still in my head

No presents for Christmas says Santa Butterclaws!

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

Chili posted:

"I think we need to revisit just how many treats I'm getting in compensation for this."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

"Could be worse - it could have been a fedora."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Chili posted:

Elf! Where's my turkey!?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I love how he curls his paw :glomp:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Chili posted:

And a bonus, making of the photo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyhsUt0ks9o

"i swear if you jiggle my belly like a bowlful of jelly ONE MORE TIME"

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Is this my crown? Am I King Butterscotch the First??

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Chili posted:

I try to take my responsibility to deliver toys to all the good little cats in the world on Christmas seriously, but this is a really comfy lap...

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Chili posted:

Serious talk. We are planning on taking her back to the spca on Wednesday as she'll likely be done with her Foster journey by then. If, however, I have someone who is serious about adopting her, we can hold onto her for a bit and may be able to adopt her straight out from our house. So let me know as soon as possible.

:smith: I wasn't able to convince my partner. I tried. I showed them the gifs and videos! They agree that she is cute but they just don't want two cats. I'm gonna keep working at them but even if they do eventually come around it won't be in time to get my hands on that precious stripey queen of yours.

I'm sorry.

I'm quite sad.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
2 cats might be a bit overwhelming for some i suppose

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Jenner posted:

:smith: I wasn't able to convince my partner. I tried. I showed them the gifs and videos! They agree that she is cute but they just don't want two cats. I'm gonna keep working at them but even if they do eventually come around it won't be in time to get my hands on that precious stripey queen of yours.

I'm sorry.

I'm quite sad.

It's OK. Though I will say, beyond just this instance, the general advice of "cats are assholes, get 2" is pretty solid. There's a lot of research out there to indicate as much and the cat thread shouts it out as well. Just something to consider.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you should just get a surprise rescue st bernard puppy.. what could possibly go wrong?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Jenner posted:

I'm sorry.

I'm quite sad.

I had to work a little bit to convince my wife to get a second cat, but I think now we'd both argue that our lives (and theirs) are ultimately better with two cats around.

It really helped that I got my wife to come to the shelter to see the cat, because it is hard to say no to a cat when they are being super-cute (which thankfully, our second cat turned on just in time for our meeting)!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Well Cherokee is well over adopt-ready weight and seems to have kicked the URI, so she's probably leaving our care tomorrow. This is a tough one to say goodbye to, but we're ready for our next adventure!

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Noooooooo but then there aren't any more pictures of her

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, I lost track of this thread for a while and suddenly the thought of Butterscotch in a festive hat popped into my head. Clicked the thread, there it was. :kimchi:

also good luck jerky, hope you find a nice family for christmas/new year :3:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Gorgar posted:

Noooooooo but then there aren't any more pictures of her

But then there will be pictures of new little monsters!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

She looks so healthy now! :3:

I couldn't think of a hat quote but I gotta say his 1000-yard butterstare makes me laugh every time.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Awww Jerky :kimchi: I wish I lived closer to Bmore, but she'll definitely find a good home. Nice work, Chili!

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Cherokee is so ridiculously adorable I actually was tempted for a minute, we're about 2 1/2 hours from you Chili. But I think my husband is right and three is enough for now, I'll just settle for fostering (or as I call it rent-a-kitten).

Speaking of kittens, I have a special Christmas treat for you all . . . which is finally working now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxD-Ca-eLS0

Things have been unseasonably warm this year, which means that the local SPCA had three litters of kittens to foster over the holidays when in normal years they wouldn't have seen a kitten for over a month. We're expecting to have these guys until early February, when they'll be big enough for their neuter and adoption.

e: new, working link

Marchegiana fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 23, 2016

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Chili posted:

Well Cherokee is well over adopt-ready weight and seems to have kicked the URI, so she's probably leaving our care tomorrow. This is a tough one to say goodbye to, but we're ready for our next adventure!

that is a good looking cat.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Would adopt the poo poo outta that catte, but I'm way too far away and already have a catte that is extremely agressive to every living thing. Including us half the time.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Well our kitteny Christmas has been cancelled. :( This morning we woke up and poor Frog was lethargic and refused to eat. Considering that just last night he was playing like crazy and wolfing down wet food until he waddled from overeating this isn't a good sign. We had to bring the whole litter back to the SPCA so they could be monitored over the holidays. Hopefully he'll pull through and we'll have all three of them back again in a few days, but with younguns of this age it's hard to say if he'll make it or not.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Marchegiana posted:

Well our kitteny Christmas has been cancelled. :( This morning we woke up and poor Frog was lethargic and refused to eat. Considering that just last night he was playing like crazy and wolfing down wet food until he waddled from overeating this isn't a good sign. We had to bring the whole litter back to the SPCA so they could be monitored over the holidays. Hopefully he'll pull through and we'll have all three of them back again in a few days, but with younguns of this age it's hard to say if he'll make it or not.

How'd this turn out? Any news?

Also, since this past Sunday was Christmas and this upcoming Sunday will be new years, let's have a random caption contest:

Winner gets an avatar certificate because happy holidays!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

"how many more christmas cards do I have to write?"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh, also also, we are getting a mom and itty bitty kitties tomorrow... be ready.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
"Is this the whip or the nae nae?"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

"This is you how you press F5 to make sure you're up to date on my pictures."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Chili posted:

How'd this turn out? Any news?

Also, since this past Sunday was Christmas and this upcoming Sunday will be new years, let's have a random caption contest:

Winner gets an avatar certificate because happy holidays!

"Yeah but I shoot with this hand :ohdear:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Bobby Digital posted:

"Yeah but I shoot with this hand :ohdear:"

Alright, it's over. Bobby Digital went and quoted Blazing Saddles in perfect fashion. Good luck everyone. I defy you all to top this.