Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'm finding toplane often sets the tone for the match, especially at pick phase. If I personally don't ban out Yasuo it's nine times outta ten dealing with my Yasuo being very ineffective against an extremely heavy armor stacking Poppy or Kled or something that becomes obnoxiously tanky. Given I've been on an ADC kick for a while it's insanely hard to chip away at a 150 - 250 armor toplaner without a Dominiks and even then it's still risky because of how much health you have to get through. Basically, gently caress Yasuo players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

I'm finding toplane often sets the tone for the match, especially at pick phase. If I personally don't ban out Yasuo it's nine times outta ten dealing with my Yasuo being very ineffective against an extremely heavy armor stacking Poppy or Kled or something that becomes obnoxiously tanky. Given I've been on an ADC kick for a while it's insanely hard to chip away at a 150 - 250 armor toplaner without a Dominiks and even then it's still risky because of how much health you have to get through. Basically, gently caress Yasuo players

Last night in a ranked game the other team first picks Taric, so my team responds by picking Kled, yasuo mid and graves jungle then wonder why I do no damage as an ADC against Poppy/taric lol

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

henkman posted:

Last night in a ranked game the other team first picks Taric, so my team responds by picking Kled, yasuo mid and graves jungle then wonder why I do no damage as an ADC against Poppy/taric lol

Gotta play Corki or Kog or not-an-ADC there to have any chance after 20m

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Corki is for whatever reason one of the most difficult characters for me to play well and God help you if you play Kog'maw in a loving ranked game.

henkman posted:

Oh man I had a Yasuo furiously pinging me to not take farm because he "can scale and win the game." I was playing Jhin, the character who does not do well with money or does high damage

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Servaetes posted:

Yasou players are the new Riven players.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Yasuo is in pretty much every game where he's not banned now, and he even beats a bunch of the bruisers that used to poo poo on him in top lane, which I find unacceptable.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

I was second pick and could only watch in horror as the rest of champ select unfolded

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you can't dodge a lovely loving godawful draft in ranked because you're in promos or whatever and you have the 3 AD rear end in a top hat comp on your side just lock in Ziggs bot and obliterate the enemy turrets as quickly as possible.

Champion works surprisingly well from the bot lane.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
The thing that really gets me about Yasuo as someone who hates himself and continues to play mostly ADC is loving windwall. It's not enough that he can scoot through an entire wave and 3 shot me, he also needs to be able to block all of my damage?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
make a mode with only no jump champs allowed, if you have a way to more towards or away from someone more effective than sion ult theyre BANNED,

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Don't worry, at some point they'll nerf Yasuo again. But they've now created Camille, who is basically Yasuo but with the ability to jump six miles over a wall to safety.

Speaking of Camille, I guarantee that when they get around to nerfing her, she proves to be the next "glass cannon" that is not only viable but utterly broken with a tank build.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Won first placement np
Lost 2nd cause jgl didn't take smite
took a dodge bc my masteries didn't disappear when I was done to pick

about to lose the next 8-9 bc I'm tilted af

will report back

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
you're allowed to stop playing when you tilt :cheers:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dont play ranked, play poro king with ivern/morgana and practice your qshots.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yasuo wind wall is on a 900 second cooldown and if you can't position to still auto people around it during the 14 total seconds of game its up the problem is not yasuo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

If you can't dodge a lovely loving godawful draft in ranked because you're in promos or whatever and you have the 3 AD rear end in a top hat comp on your side just lock in Ziggs bot and obliterate the enemy turrets as quickly as possible.

Champion works surprisingly well from the bot lane.

Ziggs is a bot lane champ I stand by this.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

yasuo wind wall is on a 900 second cooldown and if you can't position to still auto people around it during the 14 total seconds of game its up the problem is not yasuo

Tell that to Twisted Fate players

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The issue isn't any aspect of Yasuo or his kit. He's got plenty of weak points. It's the person behind the keyboard that locks him in every single time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
gently caress up how he can block sona's catchy tunes

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Servaetes posted:

The issue isn't any aspect of Yasuo or his kit. He's got plenty of weak points. It's the person behind the keyboard that locks him in every single time.

His kit is pretty obnoxious too.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

His kit is pretty obnoxious too.

I dunno, he's been around for two years and I think the depth of what he can do should be really well understood at this point. I think complaining about his kit is moot as there's a few windows of him being strong in a fight and others where he's clearly pretty weak.

I think the bulk of my complaints will be resolved eventually. Either Armor itemization gets a good look at or they figure out how to make AP picks more appealing to discourage a 3AD comp

HateCrimeDoxNet
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
CRAZY GARBAGE

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 19, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oh well I mean as as long as everyone understands what windwall does, it's not a problem. It's only a problem if monkeys approach it cautiously but reverently as the 2001 theme plays

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Also im that mentally ill guy who just posted

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Same

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 19, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Man, they sure must have changed LoL with the last patch because I understood none of that!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Uhhhhh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you think that druglord goon can give me some money? goons gonna support each other, right?

oh wait nevermind, I don't want to get murdered by an assassin

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
e: nvm just wtf is that post. log off

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 19, 2016

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUe8vJ4dnmE

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

K8.0 posted:

Speaking of Camille, I guarantee that when they get around to nerfing her, she proves to be the next "glass cannon" that is not only viable but utterly broken with a tank build.

Camille isn't supposed to be a glass cannon though, so presumably they tuned her with trinity force + tank items in mind?? That's her recommended build even I think.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
drat I had a meeting, I wish I had seen that.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Tired Moritz posted:

IT'S A VERY LOUD WALL!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
What was the crazy garbage.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

it's an insulated wall

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Che Delilas posted:

Don't forget it makes her untargetable during the cast because

gently caress that so much, I had a Camille dodge three Darius ults in one game with that crap. There's literally no reason for it, anything comparable like j4 or illaoi ults don't do it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

gently caress that so much, I had a Camille dodge three Darius ults in one game with that crap. There's literally no reason for it, anything comparable like j4 or illaoi ults don't do it.

It feels like her designer wanted to either show off or vindicate toolbox kits; "I'l make a hero that can do almost everything and still be balanced!"

except uhhhh

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Illaoi ult does it.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In which I become a Teemo main. This guy is fun. Why did no one tell me? Does the goon who has the summoner name Eat Pray Teemo still post here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Tales of Woe posted:

Illaoi ult does it.

I have absolutely killed illaois while they were ulting and been killed as illaoi while ulting.

• Locked thread