Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
The local postal service gave me a tracking number, but isn't actually tracking the package. Santee, please let me know if you get the package!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
I sent my package out last week. Should be there by Wednesday. Ill send a shipping info email tomorrow.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I just realized I signed up under this name. To the poor fucker who has to explain this to the flustered UPS/USPS/Fedex worker, I'm kinda sorry. But also sitting here laughing, because the mental image is cheering me up after a lovely couple days. <3

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I need to take pictures of the AISS package I got... 10 days ago. Holidays are hectic ya'll.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
Santee, there's one package shipping today from Amazon (though prime was unavailable sadly) and I'll be shipping a mixed goodies box out today as well. It may arrive a little bit after Christmas as you're on the other side of the country. So I made it extra nice.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Mine goes out this afternoon, sorry for the delay

shipped - should arrive by Thursday. Then I got home and noticed the note was still in my passenger seat :doh:

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 20, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Mine goes out tomorrow, because the amazon seller who insisted it would be here by Friday was wrong and it's on the USPS truck for today :sigh:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've got a box of a couple knick-knacks from Amazon coming to my Santee. I'm going to try to put together a box of random AI poo poo tonight to be sent out tomorrow. I have a couple of things laying around I could send.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Dildos novelty sex toys Lovingly selected gift package sent! ETA of Thursday. May or may not contain my nut(s).

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Have a shipment coming from Amazon and also a Letter on its way via post.
Should be there 23rd Dec Santee.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

What was that, trusted three-legged cow friend? There's something at the door? PREPARE THE DEFENSE.

BOMB CONFIRMED.

Contains tools to help defuse?

And some kind of time control-rewind device if I screw up? Score!

HAIL MYSTERIOUS SANTA (who I suspect is Bulk Vanderhuge because it came from Winnipeg) for all the cool gifts, seriously man those are a lot of relays, holy poo poo, those'll come in handy when I have to wire the coronet up!

(what's in the little packet? glass wipes?)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hey, buddy, I need to borrow a relay. For...reasons...

What's the 20 count of Japanese stuff? Lube? Lube wipes? Lube...doriftu? I don't have a lot of experience with Japanese culture.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Slung Blade posted:

Nerd trap sprung, but a quick googling says it's Tokuhon patches, which looks like Japanese Ben Gay.

https://www.drugs.com/otc/126508/tokuhon-a-external-pain-relieving-medicated.html

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Put it on your penis.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Previa_fun did you get your second package? What was originally supposed to arrive two days after the initial package took a whole week for USPS to deliver and I fear that the cold weather might have an errant effect on the contents :stare:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
A MYSTERIOUS PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED, which means I can prepare and send my gift tomorrow!

Also a much less mysterious one, due to customs being rather humorless. I shall pretend I don't know how to read Olde English when I open it and take some pictures tomorrow.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Previa_fun did you get your second package? What was originally supposed to arrive two days after the initial package took a whole week for USPS to deliver and I fear that the cold weather might have an errant effect on the contents :stare:

I just got it today, actually. Thanks a ton dude, can't wait to try the root beer and the NGK can holder is cool as hell.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Cool - glad it arrived without freezing and exploding everywhere. The root beer is LEGIT and makes a killer root beer float. USPS Priority usually arrives in two days, so it taking a full 7 days was stressing me out.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I am such a dork that the NGK spark plug mug makes me extremely envious.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I am such a dork that the NGK spark plug mug makes me extremely envious.

Better than a mug! It is actually a can-cozy thing that fits a can and through some sort of wizardry can keep a can chilled for a very long time! It also floats. We stock and sell NGK plugs through my work and it was sent as some NGK swag a few weeks back. I grabbed it not knowing what to do with it and then AISS popped up and knew it was destined for greatness.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I received a package:

A strange letter was held within

Interesting, let's check out these items:

Wow! E-Waste. Well, not E-Waste, most of it is very useful!

My son loves you forever. He stole both of these from me and promptly built them.

Many thanks to IOC, I have to get my package sent out to my santee, been working late the past few weeks, but don't worry santee, I've never failed in my past two years of AISS.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Slung Blade posted:

HAIL MYSTERIOUS SANTA (who I suspect is Bulk Vanderhuge because it came from Winnipeg) for all the cool gifts, seriously man those are a lot of relays, holy poo poo, those'll come in handy when I have to wire the coronet up!

Oh wow, that arrived quickly! Glad it got to the right place, I was worried about the shipping. They're 4 pole relays, I should have a bunch if 5 pole ones if you need them. The remote starter kits I used to install had them but 80% of the time they're not used so I just amassed a huge box full of them. I think I mentioned this last time but I can send people some if they want, I literally have boxes of relays.

And yes, they're Japanese icy hot pads.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Put it on your penis.

Also this

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 20, 2016

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Excuse me, I don't believe those collectors edition audi memorabilia were meant for your child :colbert:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Astonishing Wang posted:

Excuse me, I don't believe those collectors edition audi memorabilia were meant for your child :colbert:

I don't know why there's not some Lego kit for a proper vintage Audi, it seems like a perfect fit. Of the two Audi kits they had at the store, my daughter said that one is better, so that's the one you got :)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't know why there's not some Lego kit for a proper vintage Audi, it seems like a perfect fit. Of the two Audi kits they had at the store, my daughter said that one is better, so that's the one you got :)

My son agrees. :)

I've been trying to hunt down one of the old Audi B2 or Group B model kits. Hard to find.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Dear special international Santee - I ended up with some bulk restrictions on my package, so I had to leave out the really heavy stuff, but I hope you like what I sent!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I have a card for a package to collect, which I suspect will be my AISS. Might be a day or two before I can collect it though.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I have received another emailed shipping confirmation from an unknown email address and they didn't respond to my reply to ask who they are. I promise I won't publicly shame you, just email me again from the proper address. Thanks.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Notice left at recipient, package can be picked up from the 21st until the 4th :siren:

I sure hope my santee is feeling HORNy.

petcock

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Holy crap! InitialDave really went above and beyond the call of duty on this one. Thanks! I had no idea so much stuff fit in a box...

the Tetris theme is stuck in my head now

Hmmm. The customs declaration definitely reduced the surprise factor a bit, but I still wasn't expecting this :aaa:

A DVSA Highway Code booklet!
16th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations!
A Britpart Land Rover calendar!
Screamer 4x4! (never played this one...)
The official DSA theory test for HMVs/what we colonials would consider CDL-A vehicles!
Hammer Down, a 4wd video!
Choking hazards! (I'm amazed you got this one past Customs... :v:)
Candies of all sorts that I can't get here!
Caterham R500 and '43 Willys matchboxes!
An air freshener from the breakers, which I will hang in whichever vehicle is misbehaving the most as a reminder of what happens to bad cars.

A land rover keychain beer opener! I've actually needed a beer opener for quite some time.

This amazing little magnetic light, designed to clip onto any tool so you can see where you're pointing it!

A "remove before flight" tag! I think this might go on my pocket utility knife so I can find the drat thing. :v:

A really cool chisel-knife from a swedish brand I've never heard of. Is very, very sharp.

An unmarked, heavy, smaller box...

A practical classics mirror image bumper sticker! Really not sure I own any of those, but I shall put it on the most deserving vehicle I have, which I believe is the J10.
A K&N air filter for my Justy! I hope you didn't steal this off the Cappu for my sake :ohdear:

:v:

Some incredibly exotic bolts... which just so happen to also be custom made :aaaaa: the heads have stuff engraved on them!

These are insanely well made. I can't decide whether they should be desk decorations or get built into something.
A loss-resistant 10mm socket of the best kind (1/2 drive, 6 point.) I think I may still be capable of losing this, given the fact that I also lose my cellphone regularly :haw:

An envelope containing still more things!

Never fear, I know a good welder.

The unmarked box contains... a former gear!

Its surface finish indicates to me that it was produced for the finest of Mid-century British automobiles.

Some slight wear can be observed on the teeth.

Hmm. That must have made quite a noise when reversing.

Thanks InitialDave!

e: looking at this 10mm socket I am legitimately confused how the hell you crimped the safety cable inside the socket... some sort of trick where it gets pushed in like a chinese finger trap? Cable also looks to have been heated at some point.

kastein fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 21, 2016

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
Shipped my second package today. Sadly it'll probably arrive after Christmas. The good news is the first package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! Those custom bolts are awesome Kastien, I'm jealous.

As a note, I participated in a Lemons SS this year and I got 10 Kuwaiti Dinars and glitter.... Plus the guy I sent a gift to never even posted about it. I haven't even gotten a gift yet and AISS is still so clearly superior.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

kastein posted:

Some slight wear can be observed on the teeth.

Hmm. That must have made quite a noise when reversing.

I'd say the teeth look awfully representative of typical British teeth.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

Holy crap! InitialDave really went above and beyond the call of duty on this one. Thanks! I had no idea so much stuff fit in a box...
Hah, i just kind of kept chucking stuff in there until it was full. I was a little worried about your post regarding customs, because the Kinder Surprise genuinely are :cop: on that front, but as you were just referring to the declaration they force you to make, I deliberately kept it vague so as to both ruin the surprise and not invite attention.

Some notes:
The "wrapping paper" is actually almost an entire issue of a classic car newspaper, if you can be bothered to piece it together to read it.

There is a cribsheet in with Screamer 4x4 with both some cheat codes, and a quick reference to the fact that one of the later Windows security updates dicks you on older optical-drive games, so you may need to temporarily disable it to play the game.

The theory test thing is massively out of date now, but should give you a hint of the poo poo I have to do if I want to drive anything over 3.5 tonnes. Also, the Yorkie bar is technically related, they're traditionally associated with truckers.

I figured you'd find the electrical regs interesting, though again, they're a couple of issues old now. Might help make more sense of how our ring main poo poo and the like works.

Your wife doesn't need to know about the chocolate if she's currently happy to eat Hershey's.

The knife is a fun one, I found out about them from an American, they were sold out in the UK, so that is a legit Swedish sourced item courtesy of forum user Ionn.

No, the filter's not off my Suzuki, it's just a kind of joke opportunity. It is a 100% functional breather vent filter, though, so can be put to use if desired for that.

The bolts, aren't actually as good as they would be if "real" parts. They're normally controlled to a maximum weight tolerance from blueprint of +/- 0.01oz...

kastein posted:

e: looking at this 10mm socket I am legitimately confused how the hell you crimped the safety cable inside the socket... some sort of trick where it gets pushed in like a chinese finger trap? Cable also looks to have been heated at some point.
Right, it's not actually a crimp, it's threaded, female on the "body" inside the cross-drilled socket, and male on the end of the cable. I held it with needle-nose pliers and did it up half a turn ar a time. You're quite right about it being heated, but that's a red herring - I discovered it wouldn't quite fit through the keyring hole on the transponder, so I warmed it up to let it melt its way through a little.

While intended to be primarily for humour, it really does do what it says.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'd say the teeth look awfully representative of typical British teeth.
Those teeth are older than those of anyone on this forum, to be fair...

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 21, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I wish I had realized that about the wrapping paper... since I was packaging up my package for my santee and unwrapping yours at the same time, he'll have to piece it back together as I was short on wrapping and padding paper. :ninja:

I think the double decker was my favorite so far. She lived in England for a few years in highschool and said she'd already had most of them, but I did save some to share!

Nifty about the cable, I was wondering why it was knurled in there.

Thanks again!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You're welcome!

Note for fellow :britain: goons doing cross-border AISS in future: I handed that box to UPS on Friday just after lunch, so they didn't hang about. Booked through parcel2go, literally a third of the price Postman Pat wanted, too.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Package on it's way!

(Was tempted to deliver it in person)

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

InitialDave posted:

Hah, i just kind of kept chucking stuff in there until it was full. I was a little worried about your post regarding customs, because the Kinder Surprise genuinely are :cop: on that front, but as you were just referring to the declaration they force you to make, I deliberately kept it vague so as to both ruin the surprise and not invite attention.

Aww poo poo, my second box to the States has a couple kinder surprises in it, I completely forgot they're not kosher south of the border.

Hopefully no shits will be given by customs.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

YF19pilot posted:

The local postal service gave me a tracking number, but isn't actually tracking the package. Santee, please let me know if you get the package!

Yep, received it today. I've unboxed and taken photos and will post full report tomorrow when I can get on an actual computer. Thanks YF19 Pilot you've outdone yourself.

P.S. The Tea is ace :dance:

Santee, it appears shipment has been split up. Notes will probably make more sense once you have all three.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Is it normal to be sitting and F5ing UPS tracking info to see if my santee has gotten the package yet? I haven't done one of these before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I mean, I did. But I'm a bit broken inside.

• Locked thread