Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

Nah I'm not there yet, I think I just got it at a weapon shop in some rando outpost so it's definitely available sooner than that

yeah shops are tiered and the level of shop determines whats in it. I don't think there are any exclusives that can only be found in one place excepting the rest stop stores that sell the discs and some other key items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gonna plat this.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gonna plat this.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Goodness gracious I got deleted by an imperial gank squad

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

oh first small dlc thing got talked about, its various small baubles and some new song items that do stuff in battle

also this

comes out thursday

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also all players get free tickets to a CHOCO MOOGLE CARNIVAL?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

oh first small dlc thing got talked about, its various small baubles and some new song items that do stuff in battle

also this

comes out thursday

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

also this

comes out thursday

hahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gonna plat this.

Deciding whether to get the last trophy today when I get home, or later after I get better gear.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

also this

comes out thursday

Noctis and Raiden, brothers in arms

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gonna plat this.

I just need to max oiut Survival, Fishing and Cooking for plat. One of the easier plats tbh, just a bit time-consuming.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

also this

comes out thursday

ths owns so much

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

strongly considering getting the DLC Season Pass tomorrow along with The Walking Dead 3.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

strongly considering getting the DLC Season Pass tomorrow along with The Walking Dead 3.

its a cheaper season pass but also im really drat curious if they'll deliver on the idea of a coop multiplayer component for the last dlc and what even that would be

they've talked about wanting to add customizable player avatars and stuff too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I bought the season pass after getting to Chap. 3 I think.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I just bought it too.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
also a season pass buyer here. used my sony $10 coupon for it :)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

How did Prompto manage to take this picture... 🤔

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i just caught that big fucker too but if anyone has any pointers on leige of the lake or whatever im all ears

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

i just caught that big fucker too but if anyone has any pointers on leige of the lake or whatever im all ears

You need the best rod+reel+lvl 10 skill

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There's several types of fish which are really difficult to catch even with everything maxed out, especially in north Vesperpool spots, which is pretty neat.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

🤔🤔🤔

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

A protip that I wish someone had told me before I started trying to catch it: He doesn't show up on the minimap. If you spot something big pretty deep when throwing out the lure that might be it, try throwing it a few more times in that area.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Prompto just said "ore is a bore" while we were hunting stones for Dino lol goty

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Illuminatus! by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson theorises that the Illuminati are headed by a giant ancient fish

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love riding chocobos with my chocobros. I named my Boko and kept him gold for classic purposes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sharkopath posted:

comes out thursday

omg

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
FFVIII world music just came on while driving...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm terrible at fishing, this is gonna be the hardest trophy for me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Thinking about buying a PS4 for this game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm terrible at fishing, this is gonna be the hardest trophy for me

go to vesperpool near the tackle shop (or across the lake from there also) the fish there are super super easy to get and you can clear out the pool in like 5 minutes tops. just exit fishing and reenter and they'll be back. do that a bunch of times and then go rest at the campground behind you. you'll have to watch the liege of the lake cutscene if you havent done that quest but its not long and you can just say no

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Prompto keeps taking the most amazing pics

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

How did Prompto manage to take this picture... 🤔

(...)
/
Prompto

Hey Noctis, I've been doing a lot of reading, you know? Like, online about, like, just evolution and natural selection and how like there's this thing, right? It's called the apex predator, right? And basically what this is, is the strongest animal in the ecosystem, right? And as human beings, we're considered the apex predator but only because smaller animals can't feed on us because of weapons and stuff, right? A lion does not feel guilty when it kills a gazelle, right? You do not feel guilty when you squash a fly... and I think that means something. I just think that really means something.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Control Volume posted:

(...)
/
Prompto

He's holding the camera.

This game could really do with some QOL improvements, small stuff like "make your comrades dodge sometimes" or "pick up more than one hunt at a time so you don't have to spend 20 minutes running/on a load screen if you want to do more than two hunts." Some design decisions are baffling me. It also has some of the worst town music in the history of forever. When I think of industrial back-alley city I don't think beach music and everytime I get out of the car I have to hear that stupid loving harmonica before I put on my own music.

But otherwise it's a good game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's sounds like that because it's friggin Havana, lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i haven't gotten to the big city yet but the hammerhead theme and chocobo song are both extremely good tracks

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The battle tracks are great too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

most of the incidental soundtrack is chill/subdued and only uses a few instruments but when bad business is going on it gets real bombastic and good.

I like it a bunch.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Yeah the battle music is very good, especially when fighting some giant beast and it gets all bombastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Foxhound posted:

Yeah the battle music is very good, especially when fighting some giant beast and it gets all bombastic.

I was fighting some giant enemy crabs by a waterfall and an absolutely phenomenal tune started playing