Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rexroom posted:

One thing's for certain: Don't expect any AAA games on the Switch.

Depending on your view on triple-A games, that might be a good or bad thing.
That's true, the Switch has its own internal battery, no need for AAAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope the switch has a mayonnaise dispenser

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
I feel like if Nintendo releases the switch with a large library of NES/SNES games available on the VC it will sell like mad from that alone.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

St. Blaize posted:

I feel like if Nintendo releases the switch with a large library of NES/SNES games available on the VC it will sell like mad from that alone.

But they won't

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

well why not posted:

At the absolute worse case scenario, Switch is a mario / zelda box that doens't take up too much room. Everything over that is a bonus.

the last great Zelda game was 14 years ago, though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

has it already been 14 years since link between worlds... :eyepop:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

wanna feel old?? link between worlds was 14 years ago

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, somebody post the comparison of the third party companies that were signed up before the Wii U launched vs the companies that are signed up for the Switch
Here are the new ones

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Here are the new ones

someone has edited this to remove most of the companies, just so you know

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CrashCat posted:

Here are the new ones

That is inaccurate.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

So is the switch bad or good now?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Geokinesis posted:

So is the switch bad or good now?

It will be good for resellers if Nintendo keeps up their BS act of not enough units produced BS poo poo BS.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TaurusOxford posted:

Why is it so blasphemous now to want a Nintendo console that has all the triple-A third party titles on top of Nintendo titles?

Cause they cant compete there 3 years late. Just own 2 consoles or a pc if you care about them. A handheld can not do everything you want for a few more whiles yet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CrashCat posted:

Here are the new ones

missing some, considering this is Wii U -> Switch, many people on that original image did not support Wii U

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mostly If this eventually replaces the 3ds like Nintendo wants it to I'm not super worried about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

St. Blaize posted:

Nah they make more money trickling them out so that their whales can buy all of them. All at once and people just pick the best few and forget about the rest.

My dream is a subscription to play their whole catalog of vc games but that wont happen ever

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Real hurthling! posted:

Cause they cant compete there 3 years late. Just own 2 consoles or a pc if you care about them. A handheld can not do everything you want for a few more whiles yet.

Everyone has a PC. There are zero PC only titles that don't run on a calculator nowadays.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is inaccurate.
It was my best guess based on what I was able to google, you're free to do the searching yourself and make a better one

Quest For Glory II posted:

missing some, considering this is Wii U -> Switch, many people on that original image did not support Wii U
That's fair, I think I removed companies that did 3DS games as well since they could have done poo poo for Wii U, or at least were aware of it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Everyone has a PC. There are zero PC only titles that don't run on a calculator nowadays.

I play Civ6 on my TI84+

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waltzing Along posted:

quick, somebody make a monstrous raspberry pi box that renders AAA games as a strip of single frames on accounting calculator ticker tape. I wanna hit winkey-alt-g and have a replay of the sick stunt I did by accident in Just Cause 3 print out onto 40 feet of receipt paper.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what key is winkey

e: oh like windows key and not winky

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
is the nintendo switch less powerful than the wii u?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

HyperPuma posted:

Quite possibly, it doesn't have a second screen like the Wii U and 3DS.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HyperPuma posted:

Yes. It's about equal, power wise, to an iphone 5s.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."
--Lord Varys

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i was all set to preorder a switch for zelda but im not so sure that will even be the best version. i remember videos of gameplay on the switch showing a stuttering framerate and everyone dismissed it but now...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

HyperPuma posted:

i was all set to preorder a switch for zelda but im not so sure that will even be the best version. i remember videos of gameplay on the switch showing a stuttering framerate and everyone dismissed it but now...

That game is also a half a year away so :shrug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HyperPuma posted:

Only Jimmy Fallon has played the Switch version, and that's the one clip with zero stutters.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Only Jimmy Fallon has played the Switch version, and that's the one clip with zero stutters.

actually Jimmy was a stuttery mess.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Are you sure? Did you watch the video frame by frame to see if there were any drops in framerate??

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Are you sure? Did you watch the video frame by frame to see if there were any drops in framerate??

most of the time it was plugged in to the base, then when he gave it to jimmy to use in portable mode it seemed like jimmy intentionally didnt move around much and stared at the ground so there wouldnt be any noticeable frame drops

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

most of the time it was plugged in to the base, then when he gave it to jimmy to use in portable mode it seemed like jimmy intentionally didnt move around much and stared at the ground so there wouldnt be any noticeable frame drops

It's a conspiracy!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Zelda is coming out on the PS4 Pro, as well. That will be the full 4K version with bonus MP maps.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Louisgod posted:

actually Jimmy was a stuttery mess.

:aslol:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

jimmy fallon is a really popular show and this was nintendos first chance to make an impression on the general population, non-technical mothers, casual gamers etc. lol if you dont think every movement and excited comment by jimmy was highly scripted

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CrashCat posted:

It was my best guess based on what I was able to google, you're free to do the searching yourself and make a better one

You don't have to google or search or guess anything, I provided both pictures

Guy Goodbody posted:

Switch 3rd party support

Wii U 3rd party support

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Guy Goodbody posted:

You don't have to google or search or guess anything, I provided both pictures

Are all the ones on the wii u but not the switch out of business?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how is nintendo going to survive with the support of Takara Tomy

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

HyperPuma posted:

jimmy fallon is a really popular show and this was nintendos first chance to make an impression on the general population, non-technical mothers, casual gamers etc. lol if you dont think every movement and excited comment by jimmy was highly scripted

Please, go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

ok. i like to play games in bed, the bathroom, while cooking dinner, out on my patio etc. if the nintendo switch downclocks everything when its in portable mode such that it has noticeable drops in performance or fidelity then how is it an upgrade over my wii u?

• Locked thread