Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah people (some in this thread) were super pissed about EE and it ended up being that Calandra is still excellent, it was a fine time to not play Trolls

Then Ragnor came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ragnor is a weird battle box caster

Like his feat requires a decent amount of forethought and understanding the flow of the game and then he encourages defensive play which isn't ideal for new players and he's just kinda

Weird

Not bad but not what I would have expected them to put in a box

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
At least he has a usable feat for battlebox games. Madrak1's feat was (almost) useless.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
He also has a spell that allows the lights in good BB to hit at least decently hard.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah Ragnor is fukkin sweet and cool.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah Ragnor is fukkin sweet and cool.

no doubt just y'know Weird as a first caster

theres a reason im "starting over" with a different caster

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My menoth is now up on ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/112241716303 if anyone is interested. Starting price is significantly lower than the flat price I was looking for before.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why is Jarl Skuld so handsome and strong?? Important troll questions ITT.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jimmy Hats posted:

Why is Jarl Skuld so handsome and strong?? Important troll questions ITT.

He's Robin Troll, with guns, except without all of that stupid giving back to people crap

he's awesome

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Podcast spoilers;

Eratta coming in two parts. First is all the other factions, which should be out by the end of the month.

Second will be Skornapalooza. The original plan of releasing in waves was deemed bad and so by the end of January, the pain bros should have a faction again. The reason it's taking so long is due to the sheer volume of changes needed.

All factions that don't currently have a theme force, except Convergence, will also be getting one released in one massive dump in between the first wave of errata and Skorne fixes. Convergence will get their first theme list in the Jan NQ 71.

Cryx fixes were revealed;

Gaspy2 was worked on. Caustic mists is now spammable again. Other stuff done but not revealed.

Brute thralls got Shield Guard.

Mechanithralls and Bilethralls get AD via the Skarloc Commander (called this one in my meta)

Revenant Crew got cheaper.

Bane Warriors got better.

That is all for now. Pucker your butts!

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 19, 2016

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Thralls getting AD is loving rad.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Between Brutes getting SG and Thralls getting AD with Commander, I wonder if this raises the profile of the Sepulcher any. Might have to dojo lists with Goreshade2/3.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Told the Cryx player and still he loving cries. I don't loving get people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I know a Cryx player who thinks Bane Warriors are trash for not having Stealth

Cryx mains are stupid

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Those are good changes! For their next trick, they should drop the cost of paladin's by 1pt (or give them AD lol).

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Interesting changes, but the irony of giving Shield Guard to the biggest bullet catchers in Cryx is real. Now Sac Pawn, Sac Pawn would be something on Brutes.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Pyrolocutus posted:

Between Brutes getting SG and Thralls getting AD with Commander, I wonder if this raises the profile of the Sepulcher any. Might have to dojo lists with Goreshade2/3.

All the dudespam.

Lich Lord Terminus - WJ: +26
- Sepulcher - PC: 36 (Battlegroup Points Used: 26)

Machine Wraith - PC: 2
Machine Wraith - PC: 2

Mechanithralls - Leader & 9 Grunts: 10
- Skarlock Commander - PC: 2
- Brute Thrall - PC: 2
Mechanithralls - Leader & 9 Grunts: 10
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls - Necrosurgeon & 3 Grunts: 4
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls - Necrosurgeon & 3 Grunts: 4
Bile Thralls - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

susan posted:

Interesting changes, but the irony of giving Shield Guard to the biggest bullet catchers in Cryx is real. Now Sac Pawn, Sac Pawn would be something on Brutes.

It's definitely funny, buy they're still 2 pt shield guards!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Grissel prolly has the manliest physique in all of warmans. Don't even talk to me about Amon, he's prolly like 1.3% body fat. Pathetic. #Trolls

Cryx spoilers are neat I guess. I like cryx because their warjacks die to shooting.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Jesus wept, Skorne dudes being all salty that they're getting their errata "weeks late", i.e., at the time they initially expected it rather than a month early. Sometimes the community makes it really hard to love this game.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

head58 posted:

Jesus wept, Skorne dudes being all salty that they're getting their errata "weeks late", i.e., at the time they initially expected it rather than a month early. Sometimes the community makes it really hard to love this game.

I have always felt that there were a core of toxic shitheads that ruined forums/etc. for this game, and they have reigned unchecked for so long that its just become armageddon.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sometimes I think about not playing trolls but then I remember that they are the best, and the toughest, and the most fun

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

head58 posted:

I'd also rather wait a month than get a half measure of what Skorne is going to get as things currently are. The whole complaint about Skorne taking 2-3 errata cycles to get fully fixed is now gone. Skorne are going to be as good as they possibly could be by late January, for better or worse. I'm hoping a lot of their not great stuff gets pushed up to playable, maybe with a slight nerf to a few things like was discussed before-- basically +1pt to a Titan Gladiators.

I guess I don't count since I haven't mained Skorne since MKIII started, but an extra month of waiting so things get proper fixed is a good deal to me.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I still don't get how the MK 3 faction balance got to where it is in the first place. Half the factions feel well thought out, and the other half range from meh to Skorne.

That said, things seem much better on the Warmachine side, but I don't really have any data on that. How many big tournaments have taken place since MK 3 came out?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

I still don't get how the MK 3 faction balance got to where it is in the first place. Half the factions feel well thought out, and the other half range from meh to Skorne.

That said, things seem much better on the Warmachine side, but I don't really have any data on that. How many big tournaments have taken place since MK 3 came out?

Looking at the tournament results on DGI, tournament results seem relatively balanced, perhaps very slightly favoring warmachine, but a good spread of legion, circle, and trolls in the top 3s as well.

It feels like mk3 certain factions had individual designers at PP that liked them and gave them a lot of love, whole others were just kind of ignored.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

I think it's easy to explain. They did skorne first and overbalanced them, and never went back.

Then did a great detailed job on half the factions.

And ran out of time so they rushed on the other ones.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Considering the Guildball thread is a ghost town despite the insane popularity of the game, at least locally. I still thought I would post [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxSrmKqpiZA[/url] this here. I hadn't seen it despite its age but what caught my attention is that DC now works for Steamforged (I had no idea). In addition to the fact, that Steamforged is making a game that is sized somewhere between Infinity and Warmachine in terms of model count. If it's as good as Guildball, then I know in my area I may find myself part of a shrinking player base, especially if the errata is not done well. There is simply too many other great games that are competing for the same people.

Apologies if this is old news, but it seemed relevant given errata discussion.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I think it's easy to explain. They did skorne first and overbalanced them, and never went back.

Then did a great detailed job on half the factions.

And ran out of time so they rushed on the other ones.

Yeah. I think they had an idea to match models with fluff and then did so, and then ran out of time and just started throwing everyone else cool stuff.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Or they hadn't gotten to Skorne yet but moved their timeline up a year and just threw something together.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012
Something something Skorne something something "Design Space" something.

I'm hoping that the errata change shifts my meta around so that there's more than just Legion, Ret, Circle, and Cygnar. I'd like there to be at least one player for each faction instead of half the meta being balls deep into legion and/or retribution.

Hell, I was happy that we got a Khador player from the last journeyman to stick around.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sometimes I think about not playing trolls but then I remember that they are the best, and the toughest, and the most fun

Farrow > Trolls

Sorry you had to find out this way.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

rydiafan posted:

Farrow > Trolls

This is true and good.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

rydiafan posted:

Farrow > Trolls

Incorrect

Excelsiortothemax posted:

This is true and good.

Except the opposite of that

Pigs are so bad they have to share their faction with Gators (who are cooler) and also a bunch of other chumps (totem hunters?! lol!!!). And they'll both work for trolls because uh they are bitch made and know who is boss. They also let themselves get whipped around by skorne because they are all bottoms. Pigs can suck it, forever.

Trolls rule forever.

Actually trolls rule 5ever, it's like forever +1.

Get wrecked this holiday season but your local troll player, who is probably bigger and stronger than you and likes girls/guys depending on their boning preference and sports and skateboarding and other cool, rad stuff.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Y'all need to cut out the malarkey or i'mma get steamed!!!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's ok, buddy. You still have the second coolest and goodest race in the iron kingdoms, so you don't have to be too sad.

Just saying Carver wouldn't have let his blood brother screw over his people like that. Also, Rorsh is my spirit animal. Also also, we have a two-headed pigtuar, an opera pig, and a steamroller machinegun tank powered by flaming hogs.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We have 3 gargantuans and also when you chop one of our trolls another smaller troll pops off and gives u a beer so uh???

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I wish I could get behind the troll Look, I want to do some hordes and trolls seem cool mechanically but none of their designs interest me.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I love the troll look in a vacuum, but their light warbeasts looking a lot like their infantry always turns me off. The heavy ones that start getting unique features are great, but I look at their 2 player starter box and always end up going "okay, greats, its trolls and more trolls."

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

We have 3 gargantuans and also when you chop one of our trolls another smaller troll pops off and gives u a beer so uh???

Man I hosed up on the thread title

Also I bought Krielstone + UA, Kithkar, and Moses Troll yesterday and I have a bomber on order. Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does anyone have the meme that few edgelord trolls on Skorne Memes is melting down over? I assume it's standard lol racist style rightwing garbage considering the 1st 'Mendment Brah crew is out out in force.