Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
More cards with "Deal X damage to all enemy followers". That's the theme with the new expansion. Bats, Fairies, and bodyguards are weeping in a corner right now.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Castle in the Sky is a meme card that people will probably experiment with, but honestly just looks bad right now. Maybe when future expansions come out with 4pp "summon 4 1/1s" cards, etc.

I mean, I appreciate the existence of this card to perhaps make way for alternate Swordcraft decks in the future, but honestly I just don't see the point of it right now. Swordcraft decks are strong enough without it, and will not be stronger with it, imo.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 20, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

At the cost of 3 mana and one card it adds a potential 10-12 burst turn for some kind of control sword list but I could very easily see a deck trying to play around the countdown for a big swing when they could just play out good dudes and win instead

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lord Ephraim posted:

More cards with "Deal X damage to all enemy followers". That's the theme with the new expansion. Bats, Fairies, and bodyguards are weeping in a corner right now.

at least forest has liza i guess?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Probably because even though she is a useless card right now she is a popular character in rage of bahamut

The alt art is real good too since she's more commonly shown nowdays with a flower in her hair and waving around that huge flag
https://shadowverse.jp/column/detail.php?id=post-2569

Shes also in Granblue waving that big rear end banner around, Cygames recycle alot of characters from rage of bahamut.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is Manifestation of faith an attempt to buff Skullfane?

Hungering Horde is lol and is reasonably competitive. How many anti-hime cards have they printed this expansion???

The others look more or less forgettable but I can't really tell.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 20, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

The others look more or less forgettable but I can't really tell.

I'm going to try out the Dwarf Alchemist in Earth Sigil Rune, but the deck is pretty bad and obviously that's not enough on its own. Might help smooth out some turns though, and maybe Professor of Taboos is good enough.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I think I just got owned by the only person playing Skullfane

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"Otohime-sama, this is complete bullshit!".

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I decided to throw together a set review, starting with some of the Sword/Forest cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbiuMmijgxg

Check it out, or don't. Whatever suits your fancy, really. If you do though I'll be pretty happy.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

If anyone is playing this on iOS apparently the account link feature will stop working on Dec 28th? The announcement is kind of confusing and I'm not sure what exactly it means, if you just won't be able to link accounts after that date or something else. It does say you can still link by using facebook or the iOS Game Center so maybe it's just not able to be done from within the game itself.

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0046

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Shadow precon deck announced. Comes with lord of the flies, cerberus, ceridwen, death's breath, phantom howl, and mordecai, which is pretty amazing and 100% of the good shadowcraft cards. Best one so far IMO

alt art is for cerberus

Going to guess that the worse-performing classes will be getting better cards and that cutting elana's from the haven list wasnt just a question of needing synergies and was more a question of withholding hated cards

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 20, 2016

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

No Wave posted:

Shadow precon deck announced. Comes with lord of the flies, cerberus, ceridwen, death's breath, phantom howl, and mordecai, which is pretty amazing and 100% of the good shadowcraft cards. Best one so far IMO

alt art is for cerberus

Oh wow. I think I might have to pick that up. I've been wanting to play some Shadow, but never seem to pull any.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Swordcraft list available on reddit too.... legendaries are otohime and aurelia (!!!) and the golds are alwida's, frontguard general, white paladin, latham, and dragonewt charlotte

legendaries are obviously nuts and three of the golds are very good as well

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

alt art meme or saber?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Awesome! posted:

alt art meme or saber?

Not feeling this one, I prefer the regular card art.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like the original because she's smiling in the plain and frowning in the evo. Some people find her feet creepy in the current art tho which is valid.

Alt art might give alt bodyguards though? That's some value there.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Don't mind me, just staring at my completely average hand.

(And then on turn 10 I drew my Rise of the Dead, getting my Olivia back. Take Two can get hilarious.)

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 20, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

Swordcraft list available on reddit too.... legendaries are otohime and aurelia (!!!) and the golds are alwida's, frontguard general, white paladin, latham, and dragonewt charlotte

legendaries are obviously nuts and three of the golds are very good as well

So how does this fit into your theory about withholding hated cards? Because I certainly hate Aurelia.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

So how does this fit into your theory about withholding hated cards? Because I certainly hate Aurelia.
Poorly

(I wrote the post when I thought rhinoroach wasnt in the forest list, but it is)

I'm more OK with Aurelia than Otohime... Aurelia is obviously completely insane, contender for strongest card in the game (competing with forte?), but there's some moderate counterplay and she's really cool in art and attack effect... I wouldnt mind her being the broken swordcraft legendary but Otohime exists as well unfortunately

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 21, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I play a lot of aggro decks, so whenever I see Otohime I've already either won or lost and they just wasted their most important turn. Aurelia on the other hand tends to stop my momentum cold unless I got perfect draws and was playing around it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I hate Aurelia for when she appears in decks that don't make any goddamn sense. When I can read a deck as mid or control and play around likely things, sure, I should get owned for playing into Aurelia. But it sucks to lose to like a Banner sword with an inexplicable Aurelia that this one game out of 20 or so is loving huge and the guy is playing it because it looks like his waifu from some other anime, especially since you don't actually get to see the umpteen other games where she sits dead in his hand while he loses. It's only happened to me like twice but man I get salty about it.

I swear to god this is like a third of sword mains.

It's like getting blown the gently caress out when some guy playing white weenie in Magic has an inexplicable Wrath of God.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 21, 2016

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I hate Aurelia for when she appears in decks that don't make any goddamn sense. When I can read a deck as mid or control and play around likely things, sure, I should get owned for playing into Aurelia. But it sucks to lose to like a Banner sword with an inexplicable Aurelia that this one game out of 20 or so is loving huge and the guy is playing it because it looks like his waifu from some other anime, especially since you don't actually get to see the umpteen other games where she sits dead in his hand while he loses. It's only happened to me like twice but man I get salty about it.

I swear to god this is like a third of sword mains.

It's like getting blown the gently caress out when some guy playing white weenie in Magic has an inexplicable Wrath of God.
I feel your pain. Losing to weird card choices like that can feel awful - it makes you feel like you got punished for knowing what you should play around/what the common deck builds are. For me it's a mix of "I can appreciate that you aren't just blindly copying decklists" and "why the gently caress are you playing that card it makes no sense in your deck".

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah the first time I ran into a banner sword running Goblin I was like "what the gently caress," but quickly realized he was teching around Barrage and it was working. And then you just run into poo poo that's like "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU HAVE THAT?"

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
1 Aurelia in a Banner list isn't that strange honestly. It's teched in to help against mirrors and other swarm decks. It makes it so Maid Leader won't 100% tutor your Banner, but it tends to buy you time even when that happens.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Aurelia, like Forte, is good enough to go in decks where she doesn't really belong

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Sophism posted:

1 Aurelia in a Banner list isn't that strange honestly. It's teched in to help against mirrors and other swarm decks. It makes it so Maid Leader won't 100% tutor your Banner, but it tends to buy you time even when that happens.

Yeah I run 1x Aurelia 1x Tsubaki for this purpose. You still have a 75% chance of drawing Banner w/maid not counting your mulligan & other draws. I don't necessarily play her every game but she doesn't sit useless very often.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Aurelia's just a very strong card. A lot of the top meta decks tend to swarm the board so it's not that strange to tech one in against aggro.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

A turn 5 Aurelia with 1-2 enemy followers on the board is still a decent play. Waiting for 3+ followers makes it an absurd play, but I don't think it's likely to get stuck in your hand.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 21, 2016

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Aurelia really shines when you have your own followers on board. Doesn't matter if you match the board follower for follower, the spell immune effect will always come into play as long as the opponent has three. Otherwise I would rather have goblinmount demon.

Urd is a pretty popular card is a lot of decks, bannersword has storm bane, and forest can run pixie mischief. A strong card, but still not in the top 5 for best legendary cards.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Uh... unless I'm missing something, isn't Aurelia immune to Urd? It's a targeted effect. I mean, unless you're talking about reducing her from a 4/6 to a 2/6, but that's not really what most decks who hate her would care about.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lord Ephraim posted:

Aurelia really shines when you have your own followers on board. Doesn't matter if you match the board follower for follower, the spell immune effect will always come into play as long as the opponent has three. Otherwise I would rather have goblinmount demon.

Urd is a pretty popular card is a lot of decks, bannersword has storm bane, and forest can run pixie mischief. A strong card, but still not in the top 5 for best legendary cards.
Pretty specious man... Nobody would ever run Goblinmount over Aurelia

As for being top 5, it's not really fruitful to split hairs as to exactly where she stacks up against Forte, Otohime, Cerberus, Ancient Elf, Tia, Merlin, and Bloody Mary. But I'll point out that she's run more often than all but three or four of those cards.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Dec 21, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not gonna lie late game tia bounce into rage dc gets me a little hard. bonus points for making him trade his entire otomeme squad into my cynthiad fairies the turn before lol.

got an erasmus and forte in back to back packs tonight. was my 2nd forte so i decided to go whole hog and make a face dragon deck. dusted erasmus and some other stuff for 3rd forte and the other odds and ends i was missing. its up there with banner for most brainless deck ive played so far but its kind of fun being on the other side of the disgusting cant be attacked cards. probably wont play it that much.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Face Dragon has poor matchups with the top 3 most popular meta-decks so that's probably a good idea.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Precon dragon deck announced legendaries are forte and fafnir, golds are genesis dragon, shapeshifting mage, wyvern cavalier, neptune, and orb dragon

The forte alternate art is really good, easily the best so far

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Just had a TT game where my opponent played T9 Polyphonic into T10 4/3 +11/11 Angel Crusher.

Turns out that while usually pretty good, it backfires when your opponent has two Odins in their hand.

Yeah my deck is a little bit disgusting...

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Archer is an amazing card for trolling Sword/Dragon. I just has a game with that golden moment where my opponent played two Fortes and I dropped an Archer and a May. At least they didn't rage-D/C, but it was an immediate concede.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

No Wave posted:

The forte alternate art is really good, easily the best so far
new one is more dragon and less fortbae so i will stick with the old one here

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Stupid UI bitch: They need to change the "Quit" label in Take Two to read something else instead (abandon? finish? "end take two"?). I mistook it for "Quit the Game" in a rush and accidentally dropped out of my Take Two after one match.

Like yeah from it's positioning you can assume it applies to Take Two but when you're looking to quit the game your eyes are looking for a big red button labeled "Quit".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

doesnt it give you a message about abandoning your t2 run and taking the current rewards or am i imagining that?

• Locked thread