Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Skoll posted:

:rip: Marauder survivability before the resize.

:negative:

It still hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Banano posted:

How did it take me this long to build the 6 ac2 idiot crabbe

Good lord I almost feel sorry for the pubs :black101:

Pay attention to how you die. I found that my dakka Crabs almost always died to CT loss, so I installed a XL340 engine and was able to upgrade to 2 UAC5s 4 AC2s, and it's now easily the scariest Mech in my stable.

(This only goes for dakka -000 builds; all my other Crabs run standard engines and are often asymmetric as well)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Nine hundred ppcs

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
I still wring joy from defeat when we all die, spectate that last pubbie alive on our team, only to find that they are at 99% health/play with a joystick/chainfire mixed weapons/are angry at buildings/ all of the above.

Also, a Warham BW with 2 LB10's 2MG's and 4 SPL's is stupid-good at killing robots.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

armchairyoda posted:

I still wring joy from defeat when we all die, spectate that last pubbie alive on our team, only to find that they are at 99% health/play with a joystick/chainfire mixed weapons/are angry at buildings/ all of the above.

Also, a Warham BW with 2 LB10's 2MG's and 4 SPL's is stupid-good at killing robots.

Gotta build? The 4ac5 job hasn't been doing it for me.

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]
Just wanted to reiterate my gratitude to y'all. Following everyone's advice I'm almost done with my 4xMPLAS/2xLB10 K2. In an hour and a half I already recouped my XL300 costs.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

NihilCredo posted:

Pay attention to how you die. I found that my dakka Crabs almost always died to CT loss, so I installed a XL340 engine and was able to upgrade to 2 UAC5s 4 AC2s, and it's now easily the scariest Mech in my stable.

(This only goes for dakka -000 builds; all my other Crabs run standard engines and are often asymmetric as well)

I can build that version without spending any money so I'll give it a go, but there have been numerous matches where I've finished off the last couple of guys whilst beat to poo poo and missing a side.

edit:

switched to XL but opted for quad uac5 instead. pubbies have been getting loving melted

Banano fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 19, 2016

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

tarbrush posted:

Gotta build? The 4ac5 job hasn't been doing it for me.

The worst widow.

Feel free to yank the bap out, but I end up fighting a lot of ecm lights in this turd. You also only need two firing groups, ballistics and wubs. It'll help keep you honest so you don't burn through all your ammo right away.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
For folks asking how they resized lights:

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/230619-is-light-re-scales/

Big losers: Firestarter, Jenner, Panther, Wolfhound

Small losers but it's not a big deal: Spider, Urbanmech

Essentially no change: Raven

Big winner: Locust

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
yoda builds are for yoda only :colbert:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Banano posted:

yoda builds are for yoda only :colbert:

You and ken are my heroes. :swoon:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
All I did with my Black Widow was replace the PPCs with LPLs, ditch the SRM6 and rejigger the armor and it's surprisingly usable. Don't know that I'd go so far as to call it good though...

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Hairbrained Battletech melee

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I got my please stop killing the bronys email from PGI :downsa:.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What did you dooooooo

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Thoatse posted:

IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPLEMENT WITH THOSE MODELS. GG CLOSE MODPUDv2.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Clear proof that the all MG/flamer atlas is a good mech.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Grognan posted:

What did you dooooooo

Skoll found a brony and started trolling it. Then it told us to get over the brony hate so I killed it and told them I was over it. It's friends spent the rest of the match trying to kill me but, I ended up kamikazeing into a KDK-3 before they could get me.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Banano posted:

Whatever you do, don't activate your premium time in game :pgi:

I activated it in game and it used a month and then stopped.

I activated my next month on the Website and it burned up all 4-5 months I had stockpiled from preordering and giving PGI money when I should know better and lost all my premium time.

I don't particularly give a poo poo, but the moral of the story is everything PGI programs turns to poo poo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

I got my please stop killing the bronys email from PGI :downsa:.

Much quicker than usual. Having a WoL or GIRL tag promises expedited service, I guess.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Skoll posted:

Much quicker than usual. Having a WoL or GIRL tag promises expedited service, I guess.

Maybe :pgi: are bronys :iiam:.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Skoll posted:

I got one a couple weeks ago for the help request shenanigans.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I think we had a cultural victory again as they added in the ability to mute in-game command voice.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Thoatse posted:

Don't stop I'm almost there :flashfap:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I started playing this dumb game again, it's clicking with me more though this time. Running around in a Raven thats slow as gently caress with a large laser and blasting dudes though. Having fun here on tier 5!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I started playing this dumb game again, it's clicking with me more though this time. Running around in a Raven thats slow as gently caress with a large laser and blasting dudes though. Having fun here on tier 5!

RVN-2X
this one owns pretty hard

RVN-4X
Same here

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I have a 2x and a 4x. I'm working towards those or similar builds. but I'm strapped for Cbills after loving around too much earlier on. I am grinding money to get a decent engine for one of them while trying to also grind out xp for them :/ I average like 2-3 hundreds points a game with like a billion assists and spotting bonuses for all the LRM nerds.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You want to try locusts.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'll probably branch out after I get some more money. Right now my 2x that is nicknamed ThatSloRvn will have to do!

edit: Or I could spend money but I don't think I'm quite there yet.

I played around with some of the trial mechs and for whatever reason I like Dragon with 2ll and a gauss but IDK if I want to get into heavier classes as of yet

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 20, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Put an AC20 on it so that it has to run even slower by virtue of its sole weapon.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I loving built an AC20 raven haha, but I had no idea what I was even doing then so it was wasted. I should try it out again.

I also wasted cbills on the AC20 Urbie because I'm an idiot, but I sold that poo poo right away because holy poo poo 30kph is just painful

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah, the urbanmechs play really unusually even with an upgraded engine and depend almost completely on good use of jumpjets if you aren't using them as a ER large laser poker. The only time they're good at super slow speed is if they're matching speed with other super slow mechs.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah I haven't figured out good use of jump jets yet. It seems like most people just awkwardly jet off into the air and get shot down or jump on buildings or whatever and silhouette themselves so bad. The trial Myst Lynx I ran around in was decent with them and I could escape hairy situations but I just don't know if that is something I want to go all in on yet.

I just wish my first few hours into the game I had realized how dependent I was on those cbill bonuses while experimenting around with poo poo. I get tired of this f2p poo poo, and this game seems worse than usual, which now I understand a lot of complaints I've read in this thread regarding some of PGI's choices!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The key to urban mech success is to never pick on someone your own size. Always punch up and don't try to be a light. You're a lightly armored medium. Keep poking and when things get closer run away while using that 360 rotation to keep firing.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Because I'm still not sure, and I know this has been covered a lot in this thread but humor me, if I'm trying to get the higher level experience perks do I only need to grind three basics or do I need to do the elite ones or whatever too across the chassis?

sorry that may have been unclear, but I have the all the basics on my 4x and I'm fine with dumping it and keeping the 2x or vice versa.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 20, 2016

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Three basic skilled variants of the same chassis -> being able to elite any already basic skilled variant of that chassis. Mastery requires three elite skilled mechs of ANY chassis of the same weight class.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what?? OK I'm kinda some half a box of wine into it tonight so please forgive me.

If I want to unlock the elite class of perks on my raven I need to unlock the basics on three ravens.

If I want the master I need to unlock all the elite perks on three lights

which would mean buying three of whatever model that was if not the raven and so on

edit: so basically I need to finish a basic skill on my 2x and should sell the 4x and 2x and look for good 3L builds or just not give a gently caress and buy whatever

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 20, 2016

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
HCT I'm running an Urbanmech with a PT belt you need to get in on this poo poo.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dude if you want to talk army poo poo invite me or whatever! I love team poo poo and this "hoping I get with a coordinated team and hope I'm not the last one alive" stuff is getting rough. I need to figure out if I can use my ps4 headset as thing in this game or if I need to buy something but I haven't bothered because I'm just playing random games anyhow

I can't talk but just the littlest amount of teamwork in this game goes a long way. Hence the old thread title that teamwork is OP. I try to comply to anyone that sounds like they know what they're doing instead of this wanting to be a hero poo poo I see all the time. One guy was in a kodiak and basically said up front that he was going lone wolf and to draw fire for him as the team strategy. What the gently caress?

edit 5 or whatever: lol at the amount of players that are *WHATEVER* Davion

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

dude if you want to talk army poo poo invite me or whatever! I love team poo poo and this "hoping I get with a coordinated team and hope I'm not the last one alive" stuff is getting rough. I need to figure out if I can use my ps4 headset as thing in this game or if I need to buy something but I haven't bothered because I'm just playing random games anyhow

I can't talk but just the littlest amount of teamwork in this game goes a long way. Hence the old thread title that teamwork is OP. I try to comply to anyone that sounds like they know what they're doing instead of this wanting to be a hero poo poo I see all the time. One guy was in a kodiak and basically said up front that he was going lone wolf and to draw fire for him as the team strategy. What the gently caress?

edit 5 or whatever: lol at the amount of players that are *WHATEVER* Davion

mumble.goonrathi.com

port:64738

pw:mellon

That's the mumble people generally hang out at and play. Come and join =)

Edit: what's your name in game? We can shoot you invites.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 20, 2016

• Locked thread