Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Kinda like how Homer still has his job the SNPP.

I haven't watched the Simpsons in a long time. Does the family ask Homer why he isn't at work while he's off doing something stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

limp_cheese posted:

I haven't watched the Simpsons in a long time. Does the family ask Homer why he isn't at work while he's off doing something stupid?

Nah. It's rarely brought up anymore.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Finally caught up on the last two, fuckin' hilarious.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
It's time for the greatest of American Dad traditions: the Christmas episode!

Ninety North, Zero West
Steve is abducted and taken to the North Pole, where Santa is using children to mine for mysterious minerals.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
yessssss

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Nice! For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls is my favorite episode, so I'm pretty excited.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
In case anyone wants to watch all the Christmas episodes before the new one comes out, this gives a quick breakdown.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3325565/7-horrific-american-dad-christmas-episodes/

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
This is the first one in a while right? I know they showed Krampus last season but that was a good over from a previous season because of Sandy Hook.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This is the first one in a while right? I know they showed Krampus last season but that was a good over from a previous season because of Sandy Hook.

I thought last year's was the one where Stan didn't buy a Secret Santa gift and went to great lengths to cover it up and not look like an rear end

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Season 11 ran from Jan to June so there really wasn't an opportunity for a Christmas episode.

Season 10 had "Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas" where Stan wishes for Lewis's life.

Season 9 was Krampus

"Gifted me Liberty" ran in June and it was the secret Santa one, but Christmas wasn't the primary focus. It doesn't really fit with the semi-canonical Christmas episodes.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 19, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
For those of you who still collect optical media, Season 11 is available as an MOD set. No extras or commentaries.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The best bit of White Porsche Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_kUAG7XNRM

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The_Doctor posted:

The best bit of White Porsche Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_kUAG7XNRM

Buttwish is totally a thing, sure.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Well, Puddin' is all kinds of wrong.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Christmas magic is in the pointy part of the ear, read your bible people.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Noooooooooooooooooo!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
No more boners: I'm a man now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait, you can fly?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nothing can stop me except....A COPPER POT??

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Jim Rash as Puddin' was great.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
That was one of the best Christmas episodes in a while.

One tiny joke I appreciated was Klaus' Christmas present being addressed to himself

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
goons

I am trying to get someone to watch American Dad but they only watched the first season and have been reluctant to listen to how great it has gotten since.

If you had to pick one single episode to show someone from seasons 3 until now to get them to watch the show which would you pick?

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Fat Shat Sings posted:

goons

I am trying to get someone to watch American Dad but they only watched the first season and have been reluctant to listen to how great it has gotten since.

If you had to pick one single episode to show someone from seasons 3 until now to get them to watch the show which would you pick?

In Country Club

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ricky Spanish would also be a good choice.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Ricky Spanish would also be a good choice.

Rickyyy Spaanishh

Joint Custody is usually my go to for an early great episode. Nothing beats the 7-11 scene.

StalkofWheat fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 20, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Stelio Kontos episode (I forget the name) is one of my favorites

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Camp Refoogee

Roger: "Tell them how you killed our baby, Amanda."

Shallow Vows

Roger/Jeannie Gold: Stan, these are my sons, Alex and Ron. They're in Columbia Film School.
Stan: How is that possible?
Roger/Jeannie Gold: I know. I look too young to have kids in college.
Stan: No, that you have children when your persona is completely fabricated...
Roger/Jeannie Gold: We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.
Stan: That is an unsatisfying answer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would also nominate the early episode where Patrick Stewart is dating and sleeping with Hayley

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I recommend any episode where Steve sings. This does include In Country, Club.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would also nominate the early episode where Patrick Stewart is dating and sleeping with Hayley

"Do you know what I was thinking about while gazing at the back of your daughter's head?"

--

"Yeah, it should. But we don't live in Shouldland. Ah, Shouldland! Where clean-cut kids cruise Shouldland Boulevard and the Shouldland High football team get their optimistic asses kicked by their crosstown rival, Reality Check Tech."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls

It's a good episode, but I never understood recommending 'special' episodes to people to get them into a show. They're a treat for fans, but don't do a lot to show how the show usually is.

I love Tearjerker too, but I wouldn't introduce someone to the show with it.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 20, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah the same thing applies to the Christmas episodes

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

It's a good episode, but I never understood recommending 'special' episodes to people to get them into a show. They're a treat for fans, but don't do a lot to show how the show usually is.

I love Tearjerker too, but I wouldn't introduce someone to the show with it.

Counterpoint: Hot Water is great.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
a jones for smith or cops and roger

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think a good episode to start someone off with is definitely the one where Stan cannonballs and shits in a pool. that one is pretty good. if you wanted to show them something from the TBS era I'd go with the Trapped in the Closet parody

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Party Plane Jones posted:

Counterpoint: Hot Water is great.

Of course it is. I still maintain though that the peak weird of an intro episode should be either CIA super science or Roger doing something inexplicable.

I would say "Don't Look a Smith Horse in the Mouth" is a good one except the payoff of "good, I'm only his assistant" doesn't work as well if you aren't familiar with Roger being everyone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jose posted:

a jones for smith or cops and roger

Cops and Rogers has too much Reginald in it to be great.

My go to episode for getting people into the series is "The one That got Away"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Jones for Smith is the correct answer. In fact, I'm going to watch that episode right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I loved the translation arguments between Francine and Santa, because from what I've heard from English Masters student friends of mine, that poo poo can get intense. Beowulf was the work they were examing and there was serious arguments about minutia of the differences between the versions that people were working on.