Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i cant believe persona 5 is a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Her Confidant involves her lovely fiance, so she's basically a mix of Mitsuru and Yukiko, so lol. Also, I wasn't really making GBS threads on the voice itself so much as Haru is like... just kinda a whatever character and no voice they got was gonna really make that any better.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i like her snowflake tights and grenade launcher

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Captain Baal posted:

Oracle's the most uninspired thing they could change it too so idk why you felt the need to try and justify it. Like I don't really care one way or the other about what they change what to, but that's one of the more nothing name changes.

Look the point is, Futaba is really into Legend of Zelda.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
P:DAN isnt a very good rhythm game. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i prefer everything about the gameplay to miku and im@s and amplitude and rez and just about everything short of rock band 2

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Super No Vacancy posted:

i prefer everything about the gameplay to miku and im@s and amplitude and rez and just about everything short of rock band 2

um, but rock band 2 doesn't have a keyboard?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh yeah maybe 3 was the best one w/e

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Elite Beat Agents is good

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

TurnipFritter posted:

Elite Beat Agents is good

A Good Opinion

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
but what about donkey konga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjVDECTuKU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Donkey Konga is the only rhythm game that has the Pokemon theme song, All The Small Things, and You Can't Hurry Love in the same game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

Donkey Konga is the only rhythm game that has the Pokemon theme song, All The Small Things, and You Can't Hurry Love in the same game.

donkey konga 3 is full of anime ops, j-pop and j-rock

you can even play the japanese opening for dragon ball z

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Persona 5 won the User's Choice and Gold Prize at the Playstation Choice Awards, so they're having a sale on DLC. For five days, everything will be 55% off! Costumes/BGM packs are down to 360 yen (The P1 DLC is still absent)! PS4 themes are 90 yen! Pay to win special cameo personas are 135 yen each!

Also here are some exclusive goods you can purchase at comiket 91

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Want that poster, shirt and mug

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

Want that poster, shirt and mug

same but everything. all of it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Almost same but I don't know what the things in the bottom left are and I don't need a persona theme grocery bag

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
every day long life junes !

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I've been pretty much ignoring this thread to avoid accidentally spoiling myself on Persona 5 since like halfway through August.

What's this I hear now about the US release being pushed back to April?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There really wasn't any spoilers unless you count the dub previews.

But yeah they delayed the game to refine and rework the dub. Also added subs as DLC.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

W.T. Fits posted:

What's this I hear now about the US release being pushed back to April?

It got pushed back to April 4th

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More vids of the Confidants, they got Marie to voice Hifumi and Yukari to voice Sadayo. Idk who's voicing Toransuke, they're all pretty good though, why do all of the Confidants sound like they were better casted than the main cast?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/19/atlus-lets-get-close-3-persona-5-confidants/

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Captain Baal posted:

More vids of the Confidants, they got Marie to voice Hifumi and Yukari to voice Sadayo. Idk who's voicing Toransuke, they're all pretty good though, why do all of the Confidants sound like they were better casted than the main cast?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/19/atlus-lets-get-close-3-persona-5-confidants/

I'd hazard to guess that they casted more notable (and therefore more expensive) actors for the ancillary characters because they don't have nearly as much dialogue to record and therefore fewer sessions to pay for

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I was gonna suggest that too (that and most of the old guard having gone union), but I think they wanted to avoid casting VAs that did previous main characters for this game's main characters. Matt Mercer is doing a different voice than Kanji's (which he wasn't originally cast for) and ends up being the exception.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a pretty stupid exception considering Mercer's been all over video games even since he started voicing Kanji, so it's not like people aren't familiar with what he sounds like in general. This is not to mention that there is no way in hell they are doing this to cut production costs because getting more notable ones would cost more, Kaiji Tang is right there in the cast as Munehisa and they decided he didn't fit the mold of any of the protagonists, despite the fact he's probably getting paid about the same rate they are, he's just not gonna make as much because his character doesn't have nearly as much dialogue. If they're cutting costs in any way, it's because most of the main cast are VAs who very recently worked on another Atlus project (Hello SMTIVA) and it wouldn't be the first time that PCB handled one project after another with virtually the same main cast (Persona 4 Arena to Virtue's Last Reward having almost the exact same cast).

That being said, I doubt we're ever gonna get an answer as to what their process was unless one of the VAs spills the beans about how they were hired for the game at a con, because a lot of casting directors know who they went well before they go to any auditions.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
if i had to guess, i'd say the reason they don't wanna repeat voice actors in the main cast is to avoid yuri lowenthal talking to his friends yuri lowenthal and yuri lowenthal in later crossovers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So they're gonna do not that since the main cast of P4 and P5 both share a va?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
except for mercer because he has actual range.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Atlus has a new fantasy RPG coming out. Soejima and Hashino are involved. Scans should hit later tonight and if not there's gonna be a stream in a few days so you can watch that.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

TurnipFritter posted:

Atlus has a new fantasy RPG coming out. Soejima and Hashino are involved. Scans should hit later tonight and if not there's gonna be a stream in a few days so you can watch that.

Didn't Soejima work on Stella Deus as the artist? Was Hashino a part of that as well?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Was there some other artist that did Persona 4,5 or is it still soejima

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Soejima is still designing the characters in P5 and yeah he was also the lead artist on Stella deus.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Here's some more info on the new RPG. The codename is Project Re Fantasy, and it doesn't have a platform yet because it is really early in development. Which means we won't be seeing this for years, but oh well! They announced it early because they want to hire staff for the new studio making it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hire me.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I'm a bit disappointed that it's only in the conceptual stages, but it's nice that they're expanding. Hopefully it won't end up as a smartphone game.

Neeksy posted:

Didn't Soejima work on Stella Deus as the artist? Was Hashino a part of that as well?

I don't think Hashino was involved, and if he was it was in a non-central role.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Didn't Atlus say around the time SMT4A got announced that they were done revealing projects too early in development cycles?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Didn't Atlus say around the time SMT4A got announced that they were done revealing projects too early in development cycles?

I don't think so, I think that was us fans projecting a reason SMT4A had a specific release date when it was officially announced.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A Fool's Journey Begins

I guess they couldn't keep away from SMT after all.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what it is, but I want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's not Etrian Odyssey so I can't be too excited.