Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

VietCampo posted:

Turns out you might've made the right call.

Yeah ejected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp. Turns out the wrong call was sitting Newton. One more point to Hopkins and game over.

Amazing week though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My overreliance on Washington has hosed me. If I squeak by with this 3 point lead, I will not feel good about my odds in the finals.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In one league I'm curbstomping everyone's score in the semis which of course means I'm going to score literally zero points in the finals

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Woop gonna go ahead and assume Olsen+Crowder won't score 30 pts in the next 10 minutes. Got guaranteed $350 between making the finals in both my leagues!

:getin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Inspector_666 posted:

My overreliance on Washington has hosed me. If I squeak by with this 3 point lead, I will not feel good about my odds in the finals.

They play the Bears next week so you probably shouldn't sweat it

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

They play the Bears next week so you probably shouldn't sweat it

Oh no no no, I am going to wildly overreact and bench them all. Although it's not like my other options are really indefensible anyway.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Holy poo poo I am in the championship game next week and guaranteed at least $400.

Considering how I entered the playoffs at the 5th seed with a record of 7-6, this is loving crazy. Especially when I was 1-5 for the first six weeks of the season.

My week 16 lineup

6 out of 9 are week 1 starters.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 20, 2016

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

I'm down by 5 in a two week game. I'm hoping to win, since it would make the final between myself (#8 seed) and the #7 seed (he's up by 70 or so). Neither of us had a winning record in the regular season. :mmmhmm:

Playing my first game in another league after a first round bye.

Was eliminated last week in my 3rd league.

That 5 points I was down? Still down 5 after we tied the second week. :smithicide:

Gonna win the championship in my second league, but dang, that 5 points stings. Tinkering at quarterback hosed me.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh boy that was way too loving close

Well at least I didn't leave like 50 points on the bench or anythin-

:shrek:

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
11 of his DJax points against my Reed's loving GOOSE EGG, and I'm still going to the championships.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
For those of you in the money/in your Super Bowl, congrats.

Everyone else: one of us, one of us

E: and if you have a week 17 Super Bowl join an non scrub tier league

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 20, 2016

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My team, which has murdered all comers all year, was all set to lose tonight. My studs took a poo poo or were hurt. I had a trivial lead with my JStew vs his Gano, Crowder, and Olsen. Welp.

I won by 0.2 due to fumbles and missed FGs. Literally took the lead on the last meaningful play of the game. I take it all back, thread. Fantasy football is an ok hobby.

Until next week anyway

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I lost by 2 points. Had I started NE instead of Texas I would have won.

gently caress you Brock Osweiler.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: No no I will not jinx myself with the trash talk

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 20, 2016

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I guess espn default playoff tiebreaker is season total points for? What a lovely way to lose. gently caress you crowder

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Started the season 1-3, finished 10-4 and am in the finals. But of course, everything is going to go wrong in the Super Bowl :smith:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Won my consolation bracket, so I get first pick next year. Is it too early to start talking about keepers? No? Great, because I've already put together a spreadsheet...

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ended up not even needing Cooks to win, coulda got zero from him.

Now I get to play the guy that didn't draft a RB until the 7th round but somehow managed to end up with Devonta. :iiam: :catdrugs:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

the_american_dream posted:

I guess espn default playoff tiebreaker is season total points for? What a lovely way to lose. gently caress you crowder

Default is the higher seeded team advances, so that frequently could end up being PF since that's the default way to determine seeding IIRC.

All the ways to determine tiebreakers kind of suck but I think highest seed is still one of the worst ones.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I got murdered by Freeman and David Johnson in my work league playoffs :smith:

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Felt good up 5 with my tight end against his kicker.
Lost by 7.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
On to the semis.

I have a lot of questions this week but I'll start with a TE question.

It's smart, yes, to start Brate over Ertz at TE when a.) my opponent is playing Winston and b.) Ertz plays on a Thursday night game?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

e: No no I will not jinx myself with the trash talk

Let it be known that Intruder is going to be the boot in the face of my humanity, forever.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Goddamn just watched the Reed play where he was ejected. What a loser. Everyone is doing the "throw flag" hand motion and he's bouncing around in a punching defensive stance like he's a loving street brawl. I hope he has to sit for the rest of the season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress Devonta Freeman gently caress Trent Baalke gently caress Jed York gently caress Patrick Willis gently caress Navorro Bowman's body gently caress the NFL schedule makers gently caress This Gay Earth

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Eeked out a .7 point victory in one league, praying for no stat corrections. To make up for it, I lost by 20 in my big money league because I sat loving Ty Montgomery and his 31 points.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

gently caress Devonta Freeman gently caress Trent Baalke gently caress Jed York gently caress Patrick Willis gently caress Navorro Bowman's body gently caress the NFL schedule makers gently caress This Gay Earth

No Yes Yes No No Yes No

Also I just realized both teams I named Haram Bay Packers ended up in the finals.

Don't let your memes be dreams

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
just gently caress Bowman's body, mainly just the lower half. I think we should get him cyborg legs imo

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So, who else is rolling into the finals this week? I've got this lineup, probably going to drop the Falcons D or JJ Nelson to grab Chris Hogan off the wire (not to start, just to have):

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I narrowly (.6) scraped out a win this week with Cooper and Williams at WR. I have Matthews on the bench, but that's about it. Thomas, Britt and Jeffrey are all on the wire (somehow). What's the best bet here?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Well, looks like the dick bag who's won the league the last two years is going for a 3 peat. I'm not bitter. I just wish his dick falls off and he's in the hospital and unable to set his lineup.

I went 10-3 and then lost my first two playoff games. Lol

decypher fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 20, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I dunno what the hell to do about TE for the finals. I have Reed but oh boy the wire is bare. Henry? Ebron?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Had my best season ever going 11-2 with 10% more points than the next guy. My bye week was my lowest scoring week and my first playoff game was my next lowest. Opponent had the highest scoring week of the league's entire season.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Question:

Roll with the Broncos vs KC or pick up the Giants off the wire against the Eagles?

I have Ware and Kelce against Denver...

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Question:

Roll with the Broncos vs KC or pick up the Giants off the wire against the Eagles?

I have Ware and Kelce against Denver...

Good question, I'm in a similar boat but KC instead of your Denver. Thursdays are generally shitshows, play-wise, but have they been good for fantasy defenses?

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Defense question

Go with
NYG @ PHI
Green Bay vs MIN
San Diego @ CLE

Also is Forte droppable, if so which two should I grab to block my opponent?

All seem like pretty solid options but can't figure out which one is my best bet

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
In the money in 3/4 of my leagues and the only league I didn't make the playoffs in was the one where no money was on the line. :feelsgood:

That being said, I'm not feeling too good about either of my championship match-ups. I have a sneaking suspicion that Julio is going to be the deciding factor in each. I hope he plays and throws down 30 but it seems equally if not more likely that he plays as a decoy.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Sounds like Dallas clinches home field/first round bye with a Giants loss on Thursday? If that happens, is Zeke likely to get rested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article121870803.html

This doesn't say too much, but my guess is that Jerry is too up his own rear end to rest Zeke, especially considering that Dickerson's record is in reach.

• Locked thread