Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I wouldn't mind being compared to The Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

Giannis is not actually playing point guard. The two most common lineups the Bucks use feature Dellevadova and Snell, two guards. Sure, he is filling the traditional point guard role on offense, but positions do not matter on offense. What matters is who you can guard. Giannis is guarding wings and occasionally bigs.

Hah,

so when Giannis is playing point guard on offense he is not a point guard because the opponent who is guarding him is usually a small forward, because when that other play is on offense they are being guarded by Giannis, who is a small forward, except they are being guarded by Giannis, who is the point guard so they are point guards which means Giannis is a point guard

positionless basketball is crazy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intruder posted:

I wouldn't mind being compared to The Rock

The Rock, yes. Rocky Maivia, no.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just say point forward.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'll have you know that the black turtleneck/fanny pack combo is one of the lesser ridiculous outfits he's worn

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

EvanTH posted:

Hah,

so when Giannis is playing point guard on offense he is not a point guard because the opponent who is guarding him is usually a small forward, because when that other play is on offense they are being guarded by Giannis, who is a small forward, except they are being guarded by Giannis, who is the point guard so they are point guards which means Giannis is a point guard

positionless basketball is crazy

I know right?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/iamvega1982/status/811045794207952896

https://twitter.com/itsgabrielleu/status/811132489825742849

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Bruno Caboclo still doesnt look like a basketball player

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Isn't he still one year away?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

it's unbelievable. I've never seen a guy who when standing still looks more like a basketball player, who looks like he wants to be anything but a basketball player when playing basketball.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
he was two years away from being two years away two years ago

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

dokmo posted:

it's unbelievable. I've never seen a guy who when standing still looks more like a basketball player, who looks like he wants to be anything but a basketball player when playing basketball.

I just saw him take the ball up the court and brick an open layup by heaving the ball over the backboard. It was breathtakingliny bad - my dad asked if it was the guy's first basketball game.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

If you get a chance to watch him in the d league it's wild. he is the most athletically dominating player out there but he's loving around jacking up Buddy Hield shots, and blocking layups while falling backwards out of bounds. He looks like he doesn't know what a basketball is and doesn't want to know but he's still long enough and athletic enough to be the best player without giving a poo poo.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah he's also had some really nice defensive plays against Grand Rapids. Man, just as a nice bench 3 and D guy, if he can bring it together......

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Okafor needs to get traded while he has any semblence of prospect sheen still on him. I know he's only a second year player, but I just don't see it. He's a blackhole on both ends of the court and he's soft as baby poo poo. The only reason he has any trade value and is seeing any playing time is his former top prospect pedigree.

Libertine posted:

Do the Sixers have the kind of guards...

They do not

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dokmo posted:

If you get a chance to watch him in the d league it's wild. he is the most athletically dominating player out there but he's loving around jacking up Buddy Hield shots, and blocking layups while falling backwards out of bounds. He looks like he doesn't know what a basketball is and doesn't want to know but he's still long enough and athletic enough to be the best player without giving a poo poo.

So he's Brazilian JaVale?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Javale is dumb, Bruno just doesn't give a poo poo.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
One of the little things about this D-league I'm noticing is that the quality of passing is much lower than what you see in the NBA. Nothing is crisp, it always hits a player away from their body, and it seems like the timing is just off.

Jordan Crawford is single handidly wrecking the 905

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

There wasn't a logjam until embiid played and appeared he could stay healthy and by that time Noel was hurt.

Hold on. We've been talking about this for more than a year.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

Of course I forgot Nene, my favorite player and a man who like me only plays when he feels like it

Ah, the Brazilian joie de vivre

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gerald Henderson is an NBA guard . Rob Covington sort of .

That's about it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

Hold on. We've been talking about this for more than a year.

Embiids health wasn't clear until November and at that time Noel was hurt.

We were assuming embiids health before that which I can understand colangelo didn't do.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Just say point forward.

When did the names for basketball positions come about? Forward and center make sense to me but guard? Did Naismith Intend that they would be primarily for defense or what?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can Noel defend the 3 and if so can we trade Shabazz for him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Can Noel defend the 3 and if so can we trade Shabazz for him

He won't, no.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/811248068398026752

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The unexamined life well lived.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Oh my god his daughter rules too

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Rest in peace :drat:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Time posted:

Oh my god his daughter rules too

She's a very good follow on Twitter. Very funny.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Looking forward to the follow up tweet by Rovell about how this will affect the Sager brand.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

JOKIC WENT DUMB STUPID TONIGHT LMAO

http://deadspin.com/celebrate-nikola-jokic-the-big-boy-who-can-pass-1790322674

They are noticing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He was Willie the Wildcat at Northwestern and married a Luvabull. Ran on the field when Hank Aaron hit 715.

This article was also great about another reporters encounter with Sager. The man got the most out of his time on this planet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...des-in-beijing/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/244305/Under-The-Radar-2017-NBA-Free-Agents
THREE Spurs? Stop this. Stop this. This is a bad dream. Manu's going to have to retire to have a chance at re-signing some of these dudes and he's my all-time favorite Spur that I want to just be the crafty old bench guy for another ten years. Timmy gone is something that I'd been gradually trained to handle year by year so it wasn't much of an impact, but I can't say goodbye to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCJrS67NsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYxwaPcWNcM

Please dissuade your teams from poaching Spurs. The Warriors are a very good team I hear, why not strip them of everyone they know and love.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

No one should poach from the Spurs because no one is ever as good as they are with the Spurs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I really liked Justin Holiday for the couple months he was in Chicago. Nice 3&D guy off the bench.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Space Camp fuckup posted:

No one should poach from the Spurs because no one is ever as good as they are with the Spurs

After looking like dogshit in Sacramento, Marco Belinelli is back at Spurs level Marco Belinelli

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

No, but we could potentially pull in Fultz/Monk in the draft.

https://twitter.com/NBASlander/status/810652315594043393

Holy loving lol.

Also I hope the Blake surgery ultimately helps the Clippers. I feel like it might.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The bottom will never fall out baby

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/811303209595760640

Otto Porter on a max deal is gonna be a super value contract in three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hopefully you get more than that, but at this point you're praying on an injury desperation move (Rockets with Capela) right? They want to get rid of him ASAP and he's clearly not going to get much playing time to boost up his value. It's such a weird situation.

Morey is definitely not the guy who's going to trade to replace a 6-week injury in the hopes of scratching out a couple regular season wins.

The Rockets did want Bogut so they might go that route if Dallas is ready to cut bait on him anyway.

In the end, Morey will probably acquire some second round picks or a tweener that can kinda shoot 3s and the Rockets will just keep doing their thing

Intruder posted:

Nene can't go for enough minutes for the rotation to be him and Montrezl

I think Montrezl at center would be kind of a disaster anyway. He's very good at fun athletic plays but as far as pick and roll offense and defense I don't think he can do a fifth of what Capela or Nene can, and D'Antoni will probably prefer to go with Anderson and just bomb away.

e: Actually it looks like the Rockets are "probing" for a center

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/811225558096945152

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 20, 2016

• Locked thread