Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

s02e02 Where Jerry goes to Daycare is fantastic. I just rewatched it for the first time since it aired with a more critical eye. Rick blaming Morty for killing beings to save Fart, Morty killing Fart anyway to save more beings and some of Fart's last words being "carbon based life is dangerous and needs to die"

thats so many layers of consideration of ethics. And the show doesn't even ram it in the audience's face. It just sits there in the background. I don't even know where to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"I'm leaving!
"OK then that was always allowed"

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Goodbye, moonman. :sadwave:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Ballz posted:

Goodbye, moonman. :sadwave:

Shut the gently caress up about moonmen! This isn't a musical number; it's a... whole... Internet thread....

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Hepatitis C eating Hepatitis A and giving everyone a thumb's up was great.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Post ITT when you're about to start Total Rickall

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

biracial bear for uncut posted:

"What is my purpose?"

"You pass butter."

"Oh my god..."

"Yeah, welcome to the club, pal."

Definitely my favourite exchange.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Just finished Season 1, so it'll probably be some time tomorrow.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I just beat accounting. Whoever said it was peak Justin Roiland is right, lots of crazy hilarious poo poo in there and not just from Roiland, but the whole team, especially love the two British dudes at the start.

I do feel pretty sick afterwards, and not just because of the grossness, but because I was using a hacked together thing using my phone, google cardboard, a psmove controller, £5 worth of Playstation cameras (4 cameras), blutac, velcro, trigonometry, and tape. I was actually using the leap motion to simulate the vive controllers which work sorta well but when the gently caress up it's real annoying.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Hepatitis C eating Hepatitis A and giving everyone a thumb's up was great.

What was the deal with that? Are they incompatible diseases?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Plucky Brit posted:

Definitely my favourite exchange.

this has almost certainly been posted before, but whatever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZbxWvc9O6M

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

WarpedNaba posted:

What was the deal with that? Are they incompatible diseases?

I think it's one of those situations like Cowpox and Smallpox, where getting one gives you antibodies that affect the other.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I kinda thought that, but from what little I recall from Robot Chicken and the Muppets - isn't Hepatitis C the fatal one?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Megaspel posted:

I just beat accounting. Whoever said it was peak Justin Roiland is right, lots of crazy hilarious poo poo in there and not just from Roiland, but the whole team, especially love the two British dudes at the start.

I do feel pretty sick afterwards, and not just because of the grossness, but because I was using a hacked together thing using my phone, google cardboard, a psmove controller, £5 worth of Playstation cameras (4 cameras), blutac, velcro, trigonometry, and tape. I was actually using the leap motion to simulate the vive controllers which work sorta well but when the gently caress up it's real annoying.

That whole setup is terrifying/impressive, but I feel like it suits Accounting perfectly.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neito posted:

I think it's one of those situations like Cowpox and Smallpox, where getting one gives you antibodies that affect the other.

Naw, Hep A usually clears up on its own but Hep C is chronic and once you get it you're stuck with it, although symptoms may not appear for a decade or more. It's possible to be co-infected with different Hepatitis strains (which is not recommended) but Hep B + Hep C co-infections seems to be the most prevalent.

I'm pretty sure the gag was just "Hep A is lovely but Hep C is a lot nastier"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Starting in a few minutes.

EDIT: Haha, poopy-whatever wasn't a parasite.

EDIT 2: "Keep Summer Safe" *turns guy into flesh cubes*

EDIT 3: "They're codependent! Run!"

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 13, 2016

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Megaspel posted:

As a big fan of the HTC Vive, I just have to know how you managed to get all of this working.

Or, at the very least, a screenshot.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The Hep A and Hep C thing was a callback to the scene in Jurassic Park (hence why it's in the "Anatomy Park" episode) where a gigantic tyrannosaurus sneaks into the visitor center unnoticed and somehow kills the velociraptors about to eat the heroes, despite previously menacing them, then just kinda leaves/doesn't do anything. Also this dialogue:

quote:

Um... wait did we have some sort of relationship with him?

I think they're just like that? I think they're just good guys.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Aw. I'm all caught up now.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Baron von der Loon posted:

As a big fan of the HTC Vive, I just have to know how you managed to get all of this working.

Or, at the very least, a screenshot.

I use a combination of software, RiftCat/VRidge, which cost like £10 I think, a custom FreePIE script that lets me scale space so I can move more with the limited amount I have, since I'm tethered through USB cables, it also lets me use the face buttons on the move wand to teleport in any direction; I even refreshed myself on trigonometry to correct the translation axis, but it seems to gently caress up when I change the correction angle from '30' for some reason? I use joy2Key for setting the psmove button to reorientate, I have to aim my head in a specific way to reorientate or it fucks up translation, beta Leap Motion Orion drivers. For the actual tracking of the psmove I use psmoveservice, which took a bit to get working, had to disable the unified remote service I had running and some other stuff, then I use psmoveFreePieBridge to pipe the psmoveservice data to freepie, which outputs it to freetrack which VRidge accepts for input, but it fucks up which means I have to do all that correction stuff I mentioned earlier.

I use blutac and tape to keep the cameras in place, and I had to use it to keep the lense of my headset in place because it broke on the trip from China.

PSMove cameras are super cheap, like £1.50 each from CEX, it's crazy. PSMove controllers have shot up in price though, probably because of PSVR, so I'm probably going to stick to the lovely vive emulation that the leap motion does until I can afford an actual vive.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Megaspel posted:

I use a combination of software, RiftCat/VRidge, which cost like £10 I think, a custom FreePIE script that lets me scale space so I can move more with the limited amount I have, since I'm tethered through USB cables, it also lets me use the face buttons on the move wand to teleport in any direction; I even refreshed myself on trigonometry to correct the translation axis, but it seems to gently caress up when I change the correction angle from '30' for some reason? I use joy2Key for setting the psmove button to reorientate, I have to aim my head in a specific way to reorientate or it fucks up translation, beta Leap Motion Orion drivers. For the actual tracking of the psmove I use psmoveservice, which took a bit to get working, had to disable the unified remote service I had running and some other stuff, then I use psmoveFreePieBridge to pipe the psmoveservice data to freepie, which outputs it to freetrack which VRidge accepts for input, but it fucks up which means I have to do all that correction stuff I mentioned earlier.

I use blutac and tape to keep the cameras in place, and I had to use it to keep the lense of my headset in place because it broke on the trip from China.

PSMove cameras are super cheap, like £1.50 each from CEX, it's crazy. PSMove controllers have shot up in price though, probably because of PSVR, so I'm probably going to stick to the lovely vive emulation that the leap motion does until I can afford an actual vive.

This all looks awesome and hacky but--what are you doing this for? I guess I didn't realize that Accounting needed some hardware hacking to run. Isn't it an off-the-shelf released game? Or am I giving it too much credit?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Blasphemeral posted:

This all looks awesome and hacky but--what are you doing this for? I guess I didn't realize that Accounting needed some hardware hacking to run. Isn't it an off-the-shelf released game? Or am I giving it too much credit?
You can play it with the $800 HTC Vive.
Megaspel wanted to save some money, I assume, although the effort involved looks gargantuan.
My hat's off to Megaspel.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Megaspel posted:

why

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

$800

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Yeah, it took a couple days but I saved £900 ($1,139.89) that it's being sold for. I can't afford a vive just yet but I can sorta play VR games and it's pretty cool. I tell you what's not cool though, and that's my phone after an hour of playing VR, it's like touching an active volcano.

I won't get the full experience for a while, but maybe I'll be able to do some VR game prototypes and stuff. I was going to make a "suck suck suck my balls" simulator from the original channel 101 thing, where you have to lick exploding pustules on that old Rick's balls, but that might be too gross even with the super childish cartoony style it had.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 13, 2016

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

^ Ah SA, occasionally you still remind me why we got married.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Megaspel posted:

I have no idea what you were playing on that setup but I hope you took Roy off the grid

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Don't patronize him, he went back to work at the hastily slapped together VR store. BOOO

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

If y'all think my VR setup is whack, I'm surprised none of you noticed how my Cintiq VESA holder is an upside-down £10 easel with a bunch of poo poo screwed in. I didn't even have a drill, just had to screwdriver em in really hard.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lampsacus posted:

s02e02 Where Jerry goes to Daycare is fantastic. I just rewatched it for the first time since it aired with a more critical eye. Rick blaming Morty for killing beings to save Fart, Morty killing Fart anyway to save more beings and some of Fart's last words being "carbon based life is dangerous and needs to die"

thats so many layers of consideration of ethics. And the show doesn't even ram it in the audience's face. It just sits there in the background. I don't even know where to start.

the weapon that morty killed him with shot antimatter, fart was invincible to regular matter, practically immortal

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megaspel posted:

If y'all think my VR setup is whack, I'm surprised none of you noticed how my Cintiq VESA holder is an upside-down £10 easel with a bunch of poo poo screwed in. I didn't even have a drill, just had to screwdriver em in really hard.

Nah you did good, that's some MacGyver level poo poo.

But your curtains are hideous. Hideous!!

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

New S3 clip.
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/development-meeting
Fastforward to 53:51

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
poo poo that's great

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I dunno man the characterization seemed a little off... its risky I guess, still the 'gently caress off' part was great.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Yeah, that was a weird reaction for Rick, but maybe he is going through an arc this season.

(Or maybe it's just part of that one joke)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Make it like ten times more intense in the mid bit there and I could see it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

I dunno man the characterization seemed a little off... its risky I guess

Oh, word?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

h3h3productions has started doing a podcast and the first episode's guest is Justin Roiland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7m57W2DQH4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Man, the Jerry in the comics is every bit as dumb as in the show, that's pretty great.

• Locked thread