Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Way I did it was by circling the lab as a security guy very stealthily, entering the biohazard containment area and filling every scientist full of bulleets and then cooking the virus and taking the plane out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

killing the virus is the worst part of that mission bbut otherwise its loving beautiful, especially some of the kills you can get on silvio

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Way I did it was by circling the lab as a security guy very stealthily, entering the biohazard containment area and filling every scientist full of bulleets and then cooking the virus and taking the plane out

fun fact: the boxes in the virus cleanroom area are filled with acid, and putting knocked out people in those boxes kills them and dissolves their body. unlike normal boxes, you can put an infinite number of bodies in them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also you cant hde in them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

fun fact: the boxes in the virus cleanroom area are filled with acid, and putting knocked out people in those boxes kills them and dissolves their body. unlike normal boxes, you can put an infinite number of bodies in them

lol gross

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you knock out a target, you cannot hide their body before killing them, as 47 refuses to attack a box. boxes are his good friends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

killing the virus is the worst part of that mission bbut otherwise its loving beautiful, especially some of the kills you can get on silvio

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have level 20 on that map and havent even done the therapist thing yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a giant pain in the rear end to the get the outfit, unless I missed something to get the therapist to move somewhere else, but once you have it the kill is super satisfying

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

man silvio is so great, theres so many wacky ways to kill him that dont feel wacky in context

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Theres a few easy ways to take care of the virus you will find them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i still havent done that and it owns. theres so many great ways to kill silvio, gently caress

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

It's a giant pain in the rear end to the get the outfit, unless I missed something to get the therapist to move somewhere else, but once you have it the kill is super satisfying

I haven't done the therapist thing but in the back of the Gelato shop there's some rat poison on the counter, which you can use to spike the therapist's coffee to get him to go to the bathroom.

Getting Mastery Level 20 was so much fun on every mission, especially Hokkaido. Now for my Sarajevo Six run. Can't wait for season 2.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

I found this out by accident. I take not killing anyone but the target very seriously and ended up shouting "OH MY GOD NO" at my tv like a fool when I saw what was about to happen but couldn't stop it lol. RIP to the random scientist guy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I found this out by accident. I take not killing anyone but the target very seriously and ended up shouting "OH MY GOD NO" at my tv like a fool when I saw what was about to happen but couldn't stop it lol. RIP to the random scientist guy.

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was only able to play my second attempt for like 10 minutes but this level is overwhelmingly large. I'm going to spend two hours trying to find an explosive golf ball

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

last night i was playing bangkok without a plan and somehow ended up stabbing the rock star in the head with a samurai sword in his recording booth

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Not as good as the PC deal but all the episodes are $5 each on PSN right now. I've only had the intro pack for forever, guess I'll grab the rest ..

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I was only able to play my second attempt for like 10 minutes but this level is overwhelmingly large. I'm going to spend two hours trying to find an explosive golf ball

vague hint abt golf ball: 47 has an apartment

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

last night i was playing bangkok without a plan and somehow ended up stabbing the rock star in the head with a samurai sword in his recording booth

that guy is by far the easiest target to kill silently. i just murdered him in his booth and even tho it took me like an hour to kill the other dude sneakily i still got Silent Assassin. No one ever bothered to go see why Jordan stopped talking mid sentence and then was silent in the booth for an hour

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

if you shoot him in the booth you get a challenge win and 5000 points

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if you shoot him in the booth you get a challenge win and 5000 points

So how do you actually get him to go into the recording booth? I've played that mission a few times now, but he's always just wandered around the penthouse area for me (aside from when I pretended to be a drummer, I guess)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

So how do you actually get him to go into the recording booth? I've played that mission a few times now, but he's always just wandered around the penthouse area for me (aside from when I pretended to be a drummer, I guess)

he just goes there eventually, sings a little, argues with his producer, then leaves. its part of his routine

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

the music needs to sound good and inspire him to sing his little heart out

elf help book posted:

he just goes there eventually, sings a little, argues with his producer, then leaves. its part of his routine
you sure? I thought you had to do a thing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you may need to go to the top floor and let his phone conversation play out first

i dont think i did anything special last night beyond that

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i never did anything special, he just went in there while i was tailing him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

fair enough, I thought you had to disguise as the sound guy and fix the console so that somebody shouts on him to come down and sing because the music mixing sounds great. Wonder what the point is in doing that then lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

fair enough, I thought you had to disguise as the sound guy and fix the console so that somebody shouts on him to come down and sing because the music mixing sounds great. Wonder what the point is in doing that then lol

probably just forces it to start

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It definitely forces him into the recording booth and you can sabotage his recording while he's singing :v:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The true assassination, making his music lovely.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like that half of his crew is telling stories about how amazing he is, and the other half is telling stories about how hard they need to roll their eyes every day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i like that half of his crew is telling stories about how amazing he is, and the other half is telling stories about how hard they need to roll their eyes every day

The incidental dialogue in this game is godlike

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I shot the psychiatrist in the head while he was drinking coffee the mob freaked out and a guy ran by me muttering "don't freak out, you're just in a video game, things always settle down again"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"why is there a body here?!?!?! and why is it naked..."

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

In Training posted:

agreed though i wish that one dude in marrakesh would shut up about capitalism

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the ikea chair in marrakesh ftw

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Some day this download will finish and I can play this game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

keep someone in a chokehold for a while and listen to them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Ohhhh ho ok pal did Greg put you up to this? Listen, I haven't been scared of vampires for like years now. Not funny" is my favorite response I've heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just bought the season on sale for PS4, I'm excited.

• Locked thread