Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Do you reject that there were, in fact, legitimate criticisms of Hillary?

Absolutely not, and I don't think I've indicated that in anything I've posted so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Concerned Citizen posted:

i don't think she hired people based on loyalty. except for mook, basically all of the senior staff they hired were from obamaworld. benenson, michelle kleppe, marlon marshall, elan kriegel, jennifer palmieri, etc were all obama alumni. virtually all of their state-level staff worked for obama in 2012, as well. unfortunately obamaworld is full of the most annoying people on the loving planet because of their slavish devotion to the Obama Way of doing things, so basically many of the people there decided to just do the exact thing they did for obama except forgetting about the fact that their candidate is not named barack obama. in a sense, my complaint with the campaign was not that hillary refused to do things obama did to win, but rather they refused to do anything but what he did except for small tweaks and subtractions.

oddly enough this sounds like exactly what I described when I said I thought there was danger in Obama continuing to be important to the party so its nice to get support for that from the inside I guess. Do you think these people are suddenly having relevations and thinking they need to change, or are they sort who will try to cling to power by blaming everyone but themselves and sticking to their approach to the bitter end?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Black women can't afford stable housing because their kids fathers get locked up, in modern society a stable standard of living for the non-professional class involves both parents working.

When the powers that be saw women entering the workforce the thought must have been "great, now we can pay workers less and get twice the labor for the same price" because that's exactly what happened.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

oddly enough this sounds like exactly what I described when I said I thought there was danger in Obama continuing to be important to the party so its nice to get support for that from the inside I guess. Do you think these people are suddenly having relevations and thinking they need to change, or are they sort who will try to cling to power by blaming everyone but themselves and sticking to their approach to the bitter end?

Depends on the person. I think people like Robby Mook, who will need another job, will do so, but if you don't think anyone from Obamaworld had reservations about Hillary...

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Alter Ego posted:

Depends on the person. I think people like Robby Mook, who will need another job, will do so, but if you don't think anyone from Obamaworld had reservations about Hillary...

Yeah the problem is I think them blaming it all on Hillary is also bad. Hillary was bad, but it sounds like she wasn't the only thing wrong with the campaign.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Nazis had a few initiatives which encouraged and subsidized parenthood (motherhood in particular) with an eye to boosting the birth rate, SS Lebensborn and the Mutterehrenkreuz being two that come to mind.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GlyphGryph posted:

i wish i could say. many obama people took the reigns on races in 2010 and 2014 and lost disastrously. people were able to brush that off as wave elections and midterm bullshit, so they continued to believe that the Obama Way was the proper way to win elections. hard to ignore what happened in 2016, though. a lot of the stories we're seeing in the press are transparent - for years there have been a lot of people on the outside of obamaworld who have quietly hurled criticisms at them for the way they do things. now that they've gotten thrashed, it's open season and politico will publish every juicy anonymous slam they can find. there's a concerted effort to discredit them, and i'm curious to see what impact it has. i suspect we'll see at least some changing of the guard, but i think the people who are really bought into the Obama Way will leave politics before they change their ways.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Dec 20, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The Nazis had a few initiatives which encouraged and subsidized parenthood (motherhood in particular) with an eye to boosting the birth rate, SS Lebensborn and the Mutterehrenkreuz being two that come to mind.

the Nazis were also the first ones to publicize anti-smoking material and studies

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

celebrate motherhood by joining the [awful teutonic gargling noises]

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
german lessons

"I pat the soft kitten" --> gechlercht schlauben horcht mit belrungterguchtagnarchtfost

Serf
May 5, 2011

logikv9 posted:

michelle and barack had martial issues stemming from his first run and loss, it took a miracle for her to sign up for three more and she's definitely not going to engage herself

I was catching up on the posts I missed while typing up my bullshit, and I know this was a few pages back and totally stupid but I laughed really, really hard when reading this because I pictured barack and michelle having a kung-fu battle

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

german lessons

"I pat the soft kitten" --> gechlercht schlauben horcht mit belrungterguchtagnarchtfost

It is a magical language like that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
germans dont need watering cans, they just talk at their plants and gently fleck them with spittle

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

german lessons

German's such a beautiful language.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Serf posted:

I was catching up on the posts I missed while typing up my bullshit, and I know this was a few pages back and totally stupid but I laughed really, really hard when reading this because I pictured barack and michelle having a kung-fu battle

phone posting is not a good thing :smith:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ah. Well, I don't think we should push to encourage it or try to boost birth rates, and I'm not entirely sure if this really counts as a "subsidy", but I guess I can see the connection.

I still think it's a good idea, for a lot of different reasons.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Garland's Supreme Court nomination expired :sad:

Serf
May 5, 2011

logikv9 posted:

phone posting is not a good thing :smith:

the best autocorrects are the ones that make just enough sense to be hilarious

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I agree that "virtue signaling" is a dumb term but I don't know what else to call this dumb poo poo.

Lena Dunham posted:

One day, when I was visiting a Planned Parenthood in Texas a few years ago, a young girl walked up to me and asked me if I’d like to be a part of her project in which women share their stories of abortions,” Ms. Dunham told her listeners on Dec. 15, The Blaze reported Tuesday. “I sort of jumped. ‘I haven’t had an abortion,’ I told her. I wanted to make it really clear to her that as much as I was going out and fighting for other women’s options, I myself had never had an abortion.”

“And I realized then that even I was carrying within myself stigma around this issue,” the “Girls” star continued. “Even I, the woman who cares as much as anybody about a woman’s right to choose, felt it was important that people know I was unblemished in this department. […] I feel so proud of them for their bravery, for their self-knowledge, and it was a really important moment for me then to realize I had internalized some of what society was throwing at us and I had to put it in the garbage. Now I can say that I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had.

Normal people do not think or act like this, these people have something wrong with them.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Also it would really piss of the people who complain about having to "support the breeders" (as if they were never themselves supported by a hated 'breeder') and I really hate those people, so in addition to sounding like a good idea for moral, equality, fairness, and labour reasons, it also excites all my spite glands.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Holy poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think the term for that is "some stupid dunham thing"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nonsense posted:

Garland's Supreme Court nomination expired :sad:

remember when "supreme court justice peter thiel" was a joke

i dont

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MaxxBot posted:

I agree that "virtue signaling" is a dumb term but I don't know what else to call this dumb poo poo.

Normal people do not think or act like this, these people have something wrong with them.

Up until that last sentence she was actually doing pretty good there. But then, oof, that last sentence.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

GlyphGryph posted:

Ah. Well, I don't think we should push to encourage it or try to boost birth rates, and I'm not entirely sure if this really counts as a "subsidy", but I guess I can see the connection.

I still think it's a good idea, for a lot of different reasons.

Oh I wasn't claiming it was a 1:1 match or anything, just that there were some, mostly superficial, similarities, which is what Phi230 was likely referring to.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Al! posted:

remember when "supreme court justice peter thiel" was a joke

i dont

I don't believe Trump has held the hand of any other man more often and as dearly as Theil's.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Does Dunham exist so that when conservatives build some horrible strawman and we say something like "real people don't actually think or do stuff like that" they can point to her.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Oh I wasn't claiming it was a 1:1 match or anything, just that there were some, mostly superficial, similarities, which is what Phi230 was likely referring to.

Yeah no, it's cool, I didn't know they had programs like that but it makes sense considering how many men were away from home and how many young people they were throwing into the meatgrinder.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i can't believe lena dunham singlehandedly caused hillary's downfall

Serf
May 5, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

the part that ruins it is the last line imo. it's important to understand our own prejudices and poo poo, even when we think we don't have them. the last line is just so unbelievably stupid that it destroys the whole thing tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

Lena Dunham is a living breathing strawman

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Al! posted:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i studiously refuse to have an opinion on Lena Dunham, but im forced to admit that she seems like some kind of Breitbart false flag operation

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

"Fry, remember when I told you about always ending your stories a sentence earlier?"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I really wish I didn't know who she was; basically a left wing milo. dumb attention whores.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Serf posted:

the part that ruins it is the last line imo. it's important to understand our own prejudices and poo poo, even when we think we don't have them. the last line is just so unbelievably stupid that it destroys the whole thing tho

Some of the rest of it is pretty bad too, but the egotism and weird hangups would have been forgiveable if the conclusion hadn't been so terrible.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lena dunham is bougouise and thus is the problem

Trump and Dunham have more in common than they think

Serf
May 5, 2011

I know vaguely who Lena Dunham is but I have still never seen her act or speak or anything

sometimes I think she's made up

well, at least as made up as fake things can be to me, a hologram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah no, it's cool, I didn't know they had programs like that but it makes sense considering how many men were away from home and how many young people they were throwing into the meatgrinder.

I should mentioned that both were of course intended to only foster births of proper Aryan children raised by the right sort, though somewhat surprisingly Lebensborn accepted and even encouraged pregnancies outside of marriage (which gave some of its facilities undeserved unsavory reputations of being SS bordellos).

GlyphGryph posted:

egotism and weird hangups would have been forgiveable if the conclusion hadn't been so terrible.

Lena Dunham defined in a single sentence.

• Locked thread