Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

he posted her address when he tweeted his proof. of course, lena denies it and says she voted (warning: close-up picture of lena below):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEYtKH5C1AJ/?hl=en

that's not a very cool nor good thing to do

ED BALLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i also don't care for lena dunham because who cares about *looks it up* an american actress

e: rip

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

Btw I tried actually googling "Lena Dunham nails on chalkboard" and the results were all alt-right blogosphere websites

I just wanna see the text of the email

You can probably find it by going through Wikileaks Twitter. It also mentions Gloria Steinem.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Btw I tried actually googling "Lena Dunham nails on chalkboard" and the results were all alt-right blogosphere websites

I just wanna see the text of the email

Here you go!

Wikileaks posted:

Dear Michael,

As you will know from Arnold I am a committed Republican (or would be if I had the vote this year). But I worry no end about Donald Trump becoming our President... much rather have your girl Hillary.

Anyway, the politician in me thinks Lena Dunham and Gloria Steinem are nails on a chalkboard to the average American woman AND I think Hillary is not capitalizing on the yearning that we have to see a woman as President properly.

Her competence and intelligence are beyond doubt, her problem is warmth.

If I may, here is an ad I would love to see run;

OUR TIME

A succession of mostly young women, a few old women, one with a baby daughter, multiracial and multi-occupation, to include a nurse and a woman in uniform of some kind where permitted...

one after the other, smiling and looking to camera and saying 'It's our time.'

and the last woman says, 'It's our time. I'm with her.'

fade to banner credit 'Hillary 2016'

----

That would be inspirational, aspirational, and the kind of riff you really need on 'Yes we can'.

Best, Louise

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Less Lena Dunham (no Lena Dunham), More Danny Glover.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
'It's our time. I'm with her.'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

i also don't care for lena dunham because who cares about *looks it up* an american actor

i heard she was a canadian actor but converted so she wouldn't get any of the canadian diseases like

dirty twonie shingles
the hurty-gurty poutine squirties
Gripe Quebecois
goose cock

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

I've gotten in trouble for going on anti-Dunham rants in the past, but it bothers me that we live in a world where Lena Dunham exists, is rich and famous, has fans and a healthy career, is dating a rock star, and still considers herself oppressed

I don't care about her being rich, successful, or whatever. It is really easy to just not watch her stuff. What I do care about, and what I think is relevant to this being a dem autopsy thread, is someone like her being pushed as a democratic tastemaker and campaign surrogate. Because her experiences and views are so foreign to the average American that she might as well be from another species. So pushing somebody like her to the forefront reinforces the idea that is already held by a lot of people that the Dems are a party for coastal elites and not the whole country.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lena dunham makes me believe in crisis actors

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What I want for the press jockeys to do, if they're so concerned with stopping TRUMP, is to stop reporting on idiocy, and gossip and start doing serious work, and pushing the administration closer to a wall. Only reason I feel so shitposty-NOTHING MATTERS since the eighth is my perception these losers are not up to the task. They're crying on twitter about Hamilton electors, and Bill Clinton being tragically disappointed, or reporting on a celebrity-election thing.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Thoguh posted:

I don't care about her being rich, successful, or whatever. It is really easy to just not watch her stuff. What I do care about, and what I think is relevant to this being a dem autopsy thread, is someone like her being pushed as a democratic tastemaker and campaign surrogate. Because her experiences and views are so foreign to the average American that she might as well be from another species. So pushing somebody like her to the forefront reinforces the idea that is already held by a lot of people that the Dems are a party for coastal elites and not the whole country.

From the campaign that thought aligning as closely as possible with banks would make them popular.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Nonsense posted:

What I want for the press jockeys to do, if they're so concerned with stopping TRUMP, is to stop reporting on idiocy, and gossip and start doing serious work, and pushing the administration closer to a wall. Only reason I feel so shitposty-NOTHING MATTERS since the eighth is my perception these losers are not up to the task. They're crying on twitter about Hamilton electors, and Bill Clinton being tragically disappointed, or reporting on a celebrity-election thing.

They're not going to, they're going to keep doing the bad things instead.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ace of Baes posted:

Less Lena Dunham (no Lena Dunham), More Danny Glover.

Donald ... (wait for it) ... Glover. :madmax:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Thoguh posted:

Yeah this election has made me realize more than ever that the unofficial and official surrogates for the Democratic party are utter poo poo, it's a bunch of hopelessly out of touch celebrities that know almost nothing about the lives of everyday Americans. They reinforce all of the bad qualities of the DNC basically by definition because they're rich and will never really care about economic issues which the overwhelming majority of people regardless of race or identity view as their top concern.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tainted milkbags
the Manitoba stripe
being a subject people under the queen of england
moosejaw moose jaw

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks! :tipshat:

Anyway "It's our time, I'm with her" is eerily similar to "It's Her Turn" but this would still be a better ad than any Clinton ad I actually saw on TV, unsurprisingly the entire email was ignored completely

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, the fact that people take her seriously for some reason is probably a more important problem, I just personally have issues that she has had pretty much everything handed to her despite a complete lack of talent and still obviously thinks of herself as a victim

although I guess that's only really a problem BECAUSE people take her seriously and are enabled by her

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

logikv9 posted:

i'm not surprised that a vice reporter got fired for doxxing somebody

Isn't doxxing someone revealing their identity? Or at least publishing something that is ostensibly private?

I think it's watering down the term quite a bit if you can doxx public figures using their real names who already have several new articles out about their expensive house.

Edit: Like, talking about the homes of celebrities is like normal news media stuff. I don't know the tweet in question but was it like coupled with an encouragement to do something stupid with the info, or as a piece of supporting evidence for the argument actually made?

Double Edit: actually nevermind I don't care lol

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Dec 20, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Concerned Citizen posted:

the allegation was that she didn't vote in the primary, because tracey looked her up and saw she was registered independent. thus, he concluded that she must not have voted because new york has a closed primary.

he was apparently fired because he posted her address when he tweeted his proof. of course, lena denies it and says she voted (warning: close-up picture of lena below):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEYtKH5C1AJ/?hl=en

so the hate boner over a stupid but pretty pointless person is based on one guy's side of a story where he was actually in the wrong. So weird!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
sensual pantsuit anthem

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

uhc malaise
the alberta chafes (denim)
the alberta chafes (plaid flannel)
the alberta chafes (regular flannel) (rare)
canadian pukesgiving

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
In the end Dunham encapsulates liberal lipoprotein,

She is rich and successful and is all about virtue signaling rather than action.

Like Sam Bee, where rails on racism then practices it herself (segregated schools), Dunman rails on oppression while practicing it herself.

Trust fund baby with no job, truly in touch with the oppressed and underprivileged of the United States

In the end, she is the Capital of the Hunger Games. Imperialist swine.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Im gonna doxx Donald Trump.

His middle initial is J, and hes about to move to 1600 Penn. Ave.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tatum Girlparts posted:

so the hate boner over a stupid but pretty pointless person is based on one guy's side of a story where he was actually in the wrong. So weird!

Shocker that a Hillbot just believes the lies of the elite with zero critical thought.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh someone said lena dunham, time to spend the next 5 pages talking about how much we hate her

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ace of Baes posted:

Im gonna doxx Donald Trump.

His middle initial is J, and hes about to move to 1600 Penn. Ave.

Rude.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

Isn't doxxing someone revealing their identity? Or at least publishing something that is ostensibly private?

I think it's watering down the term quite a bit if you can doxx public figures using their real names who already have several new articles out about their expensive house.

decent enough point. doxxing would generally be used to describe revealing the identity behind an otherwise completely anonymous persona, so it wouldn't be standard doxxing in itself. the information was still publically available (he looked at voter records) but so is normal doxxing.

however, what he did do was reveal her address to a wider range of people (who are generally not very pro-dunham to begin with!), something which nobody should interpret as a "good idea"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

oh someone said lena dunham, time to spend the next 5 pages talking about how much we hate her

this is basically a thread for talking about people we hate

also subforum, also parent subforum

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He wasn't wrong about her not voting in the democratic primary, because she didn't.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Yinlock posted:

Is this just the right amount of substantive, do you think?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
like, hypothetically any schmook with an internet connection could probably find the home address of the owners of comet ping pong*. what makes it harmful is when somebody does it and makes it more widely available, i.e. actively distributes it, to a hostile community

*they already got doxxed

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

decent enough point. doxxing would generally be used to describe revealing the identity behind an otherwise completely anonymous persona, so it wouldn't be standard doxxing in itself. the information was still publically available (he looked at voter records) but so is normal doxxing.

however, what he did do was reveal her address to a wider range of people (who are generally not very pro-dunham to begin with!), something which nobody should interpret as a "good idea"

Imagine being a journalist fired for revealing easily obtained public information.

Oh by the way, here are the home addresses for the electors so you can deluge them with death threats.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Yinlock posted:

She raped her sister. :tipshat:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yinlock posted:

ive spent the last 15 minutes thinking up canadian diseases like

the littlest embolism
thicke tongue (rip)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Yinlock posted:

I never would have brought it up if she didn't say something inconceivably stupid and if she was never a surrogate for Hillary, neither of those should have been the case.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

new phone who dis posted:

Imagine being a journalist fired for revealing easily obtained public information.

Oh by the way, here are the home addresses for the electors so you can deluge them with death threats.

:smugjones:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

He wasn't wrong about her not voting in the democratic primary, because she didn't.

he was wrong about being fired for telling the truth or whatever victim bullshit he said, he was fired for publishing her address, which is a dick move for a journalist to do.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wait what was he wrong about?

logikv9 posted:

like, hypothetically any schmook with an internet connection could probably find the home address of the owners of comet ping pong*. what makes it harmful is when somebody does it and makes it more widely available, i.e. actively distributes it, to a hostile community

poo poo I'm a doxxer I've been distributing and even helping build that DNC elector list.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Yinlock posted:

it's not sexism to obsessively research the lives of feminists for any trace of hypocrisy or excess. it's just common sense

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

I never would have brought it up if she didn't say something inconceivably stupid and if she was never a surrogate for Hillary, neither of those should have been the case.

If "saying something inconceivably stupid" was a disqualifying characteristic for Hillary surrogate-hood, Bill Clinton would have eliminated himself early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I choose death

• Locked thread