Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sabreseven posted:

Eve online servers are in England, not Iceland.

:shrug:

Also want to add that it's a great time to be alive, being able to witness firsthand the terrible promises made by Crobblers catching up with him bit by bit as the slow dawning of technical limitations finally begins to creep across his fetid smug thumblike face.

I think he knows he's playing for time now, and he knows it's about to fail, he just doesn't understand yet how big of a failure this is all going to be. I can't wait to post *smugface* on their forum the day it all happens.

They actually recently moved the servers to Iceland. Or at least a component of the servers.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/tranquility-tech-iii-is-ready-for-you/

Edit - Sorry they moved the data center to a new spot in London. They do have servers/support stuff set up in the UK, Iceland, and in the USA.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Richie Stardust posted:

Even a man that calls his penis "uncle Pete" doesn't invest in video gaem spaceships.

I look down at the magnificence and call it the Warlord.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baxta posted:

I backed this a few months ago and have thrown a couple hundred bucks at it.

After I tried to load up Star Citizen the other day to play with my JPEGs, it was apparent they had hosed something between the 2.5 servers and the purchases db.

I googled around. Hundreds of people having the same issue. No response from CIG.

I waited a day because I had done a similar thing at *LARGE SOFTWARE COMPANY* when migrating an old instance to different servers. Probably forgot to update server names/IPs somewhere.

Started to get worried a day later when there was still no response and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they would move the 2.5 instance when testing 2.6. I mean 2.5 being the current live version, there would be zero reason to move it to test a branch.

Then I got paranoid because the only reason you'd do that is if you didn't have resources to concurrently run the two instances. It would be rear end backwards and loving retarded to break live, say oh well and tell everyone 2.6 is the new live and it will be available "soon".

But that is what looks like has happened.

That or they moved the servers hosting the purchases. Once again... Why?!

Long story short, I googled around and found this thread.

Feelin pretty stupid right now.

Get a refund while you can, man!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Baxta posted:

After I tried to load up Star Citizen the other day to play with my JPEGs, it was apparent they had hosed something between the 2.5 servers and the purchases db.

I googled around. Hundreds of people having the same issue. No response from CIG.

I waited a day because I had done a similar thing at *LARGE SOFTWARE COMPANY* when migrating an old instance to different servers. Probably forgot to update server names/IPs somewhere.

Started to get worried a day later when there was still no response and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they would move the 2.5 instance when testing 2.6. I mean 2.5 being the current live version, there would be zero reason to move it to test a branch.

Then I got paranoid because the only reason you'd do that is if you didn't have resources to concurrently run the two instances. It would be rear end backwards and loving retarded to break live, say oh well and tell everyone 2.6 is the new live and it will be available "soon".

Welcome to the Thread.

Get a refund. Be firm and if you get pushback they fold like tissue paper the second you mention your local consumer agency.

Even if you dont think its a scam right now as of this second you can't do anything with anything you bought. Get a refund and buy back in for whatever you want when something polished and playable comes out.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ripptide posted:

ROFL Guess they're really getting desperate, just received my PTU invite for 2.6k. Wonder if I should email them back reminding them I'm a dirty leaver and no longer have an account )

email them and ask them if you get access to the PTU TODAY if you rereg, post the answer in the thread

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yes, get a refund, if the game ever does out and is the greatest game to ever game you can buy back in for 50 or so bucks but until then stop funding sandi and chris's vacations.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Looks like they skipped the Community Managers log again. 3rd week in a row its missing or late.

CIGs way of saying its axed.

Theres a thread in gen chat about it and fully half the backers are going "UGH stop beating a dead horse this is borderline trolling"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Baxta posted:

:mmmsmug:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

Looks like they skipped the Community Managers log again. 3rd week in a row its missing or late.

CIGs way of saying its axed.

Theres a thread in gen chat about it and fully half the backers are going "UGH stop beating a dead horse this is borderline trolling"

I thought the official line was they're refactoring the CS/CM positions to ascertain increased synergy or whatever

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Baxta posted:

Welp, absolutely ask them for a refund. There are a lot of people in this thread and over at https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/ that can help you with what you can say if they refuse. Unfortunately it seems like you probably paid your money after they changed the TOS to say you can't get a refund, but there's no way that poo poo will stand up to any consumer protection laws.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uyw0vbi9os&t=205s

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A lot of cultist are struggling with the idea that Chris and co have been loving them over with releases for years now but the real point of umbrage is that they take till the stream day to actually announce it. They are ok with being gently caress over, just please say it beforehand to ready themselves.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Baxta posted:

Just for reference, https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/ might be one to keep in mind for future info, should you decide to go that route. But no reason for you to feel stupid, there were a lot of us that bought into the "dream"

e: dang it, archered Chalks!

ripptide fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 20, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Baxta posted:

don't beat yourself up

do get a refund before it's too late

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
crobbers: WHY DO THOSE GLOVES LOOK NON-FIDELITOUS?

artist #32: basic assets.. I'm working on the more relevant 3.0 stuff that's coming u-

crobbers: NO, STOP THAT, THE TEXTURE OF THE FABRIC ON THOSE GLOVES ERR NEED TO BE AHHHH MORE, JUST ERRR DOO IT

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

email them and ask them if you get access to the PTU TODAY if you rereg, post the answer in the thread

nah, just hit the unsubscribe button, and for the reason put "I'm already out of this mess, thanks"

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

He can say that poo poo all he wants but the bottom line is they raised money specifically to have servers in Australia/Europe for ALPHA.

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 20, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

He can say that poo poo all he wants but the bottom line is they raised money specifically to have servers in Australia/Europe for ALPHA.

Don't pick on him, he's clearly not well in the head.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
No economy but they're perfecting the glove textures.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Thanks to the power of time travel, I have learned what some guy from the Soviet Union thinks about Star Citizen, and he has promised to explain it all to us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm6EVtGmDck

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I feel this game might not come out as designed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Baxta posted:

Bad News: You signed a TOS denying you the right to a refund.

Good News: The TOS may be bullshit and you have every right to request a refund and, especially if they fail to respond in a timely manner, contact the various consumer protection agencies. In your case you may also be able to request a chargeback from your credit card company. After all you did pay for a product, they have inexplicably removed access to what little portion of the product is available with no explanation or warning while encouraging you to pay more for another part of the product that is functional, and that's the kind of thing credit card companies issue chargebacks for.

So here's what I would do:

1. Contact CIG and demand a refund on the grounds that they have denied you access to a product you've paid for while encouraging people to give them more money in order to gain access to a similar product. Give them a reasonable timeline to reply; three business days is more than enough for any competent company.

2. When they say no, explain that you will pursue a chargeback with your credit card company and also contact the various consumer protection agencies.

3. Find out how your credit card company handles chargebacks.

4. Contact the following agencies in addition to the attorney general for your state:

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers

https://iddweb.isd.lacounty.gov/dca_ecomplaint/

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Enjoy nothing happening until the new year.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I believe that alien ship was originally inspired by a Dragon Dildo owned by someone from Foundry 42.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I feel this game might not come out as designed.

Since from all observation we have it was never properly designed you could say the "stiched-together-napkin-doodle-game" we are seeing is exactly as intended.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

The good news is that Hamill will be in SQlude. The bad news is that he will be represented in game by a bald man disco dancing on the runway as ships take off.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Baxta posted:

oh god, I thought you were quoting someone.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
beer didja get your cash back yet

I'm guessing no, because things are hosed

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Erenthal posted:

Did Pgabz lie????

It's not that PGAbz lies, it's that he goes so blind with rage he ends up stating things that may not be correct.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

beer didja get your cash back yet

I'm guessing no, because things are hosed

Nope. No response since Thursday. I told them today they had until Friday to provide a response before I initiate the complaints.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

scrubs season six posted:

It's not that PGAbz lies, it's that he goes so blind with rage he ends up stating things that may not be correct.

Very angry kitty

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

AP posted:

I believe that alien ship was originally inspired by a Dragon Dildo owned by someone from Foundry 42.

It is rather splorchy isn't it

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope. No response since Thursday. I told them today they had until Friday to provide a response before I initiate the complaints.
good luck bud

also you gotta add me as a steam friend or gimme yo steam email address to get the ultimate holiday gift fyi

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

intardnation posted:

I did maped the major ones but kept getting caught out, so I will wait. And I like playing with my stick thank you.
I do have hopefully the SC refund on the way and can use that to spend on it. Have you tried DCS in the vive?

Nope, been meaning to, but i've got such an insane backlog to deal with at work, that both Rift and Vive are (sadly) collecting dust : (

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

quote:

Everyone says get a refund

It's not about the money. I just want to play the stupid spaceship game but I can't see it happening because the more I look into it, the more amazingly stupid this company seems to be.

That FPS thing. Star Marine? Where the gently caress was that in the kickstarter? Why on earth would you suddenly make an FPS when there a million other things that need to be done? Who even asked for Star Marine? Where the gently caress did they gauge demand!?

I'm not mad, i'm just disappointed. :saddowns:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

Maybe Crobbers is redirecting his colossal salary back into the project and is actually working for $1 a year?

Hahaha, nope.

He kinda is.
He lent CIG a credit.
Money he earned from CIG.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Libluini posted:

Thanks to the power of time travel, I have learned what some guy from the Soviet Union thinks about Star Citizen, and he has promised to explain it all to us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm6EVtGmDck

I love this guy's videos, his controls vid is even more relevant now than it was a year ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97AbFENsjx4

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

God drat beer, send the letters man. They loving dont deserve the benefit of the doubt or patience and your complaints are still valid even if they refund. You can update them if you get the refund, but either way you still got hosed. Cig isnt a bank they misled you and held your money hostage for years. The only thing that got them to even consider refunding you is they are poo poo scared the lawsuits they would trigger if didnt. Hell they wouldnt win arbitration under the favorable circumstances of having chosen and paid for the mediation. The ceo's wife all but told you to go gently caress yourself. gently caress them beer. Send all the letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

beer, release the kraken

and by kraken i mean the government