Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

pit bulls are illegal here and it isn't about black people op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the only dogs that have ever attacked vanya have been other jrts lol

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he has also been attacked by several cats and a few chickens

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he doesn't understand cats so when he runs up to them all friendly and tries to sniff their bums and they swipe at him, he acts really offended

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

pit bulls are illegal here and it isn't about black people op

odd, why pit bull specifically then?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Avshalom posted:

he doesn't understand cats so when he runs up to them all friendly and tries to sniff their bums and they swipe at him, he acts really offended

buddy got hissed by a kitty once while it was being held by its owner so now he usually makes me cross the street when we find one on the walk so he can bark at it from a safe distance.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

odd, why pit bull specifically then?

not even just pitbulls, also "pit bull type" which means "looks like a pit bull"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Alos Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Brasileiro. They where all banned in the same piece of legislation after a spate of dog attacks prompted public outcry and has been used as a tool to clamp down on dog fighting by banning the sale of fighting breeds.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
plane arrived 5 minutes before my connecting flight so its dark'n' stormy time

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't wait to repaeat all this next week let me tell ya

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
pit bulls can gently caress some poo poo up when they want to. i saw one rip off another dogs leg. it didn't even do anything wrong. the other dog thought they were friends. he just did it to send a message to all the other dogs.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

Alos Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Brasileiro. They where all banned in the same piece of legislation after a spate of dog attacks prompted public outcry and has been used as a tool to clamp down on dog fighting by banning the sale of fighting breeds.

I wonder what it was with the late 80s and dog attacks.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

the 80s were full of awful and tragic and stupid things, second only to the entire 21st century to date

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
The 80's was full of all sorts of good scares. Aggressive dogs, satanic cults, drugs, kidnappers, heavy metal, teen suicide take your pick

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

regan

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i still want to know if anyone disagrees

Rodatose posted:

does anyone here want to dispute the idea that black people have consistently been the most hated by white america?

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
The commies were getting less scary and nobody got nuked yet, so something had to fill the void

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rodatose posted:

Well considering the only reason there are so many here is that they were enslaved and forced here...

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
my viewpoint isn't that hispanics are gonna Have A Good Time, it's that republicans may eventually make an attempt at offering the the franchise to some, unlike african americans

trump based a campaign around "law and order" first and foremost, for all the americans who get boners from crushing perceived lawlessness. the racism comes from ascribing entire groups of people as lawless or 'above the law'/corrupt. the mexican rapists and drug dealers? trump qualifies it with the "illegal" ones, requiring mass deportation of undocumented immigrants (which would of course, in practice, be carried out in a racist way, making it racist speech/policy and it's bad)

there's no restraint though for inner cities, being described as entirely lawless, requiring stop and frisk against all blacks and defending the shooting of unarmed blacks for "being a threat". and every individual muslim is responsible for stopping the terrorist "trojan horse." there's no effort to draw a line between innocent and guilty for those groups.

i'd say there's a distinction between the reasoning given for why, say, war was declared against iraq vs war declared against the philipphines. the excuses are that one is being waged against an illegal faction within a group vs an entire unworthy group needing subjugation. the former signals that the oppressors are going to at least make an attempt at drawing some of their subjects into the franchise. the latter is signaling an explicit policy of continued disenfranchisement.

american history has been consistent in whites trying to remove african americans from the franchise to a degree no other group's gotten long term. probably because of guilt and the fear of reparations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gotta be honest flying and drinking p ftw, kinda wish i had a travel jo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rodatose posted:

idk, probably? that's a really broad brush covering a lot of world history

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

it was the early nineties and the tabloids whipped up a frenzy about "devil dogs" after a six year old girl was mauled by a pit bull in a public park, you got stuff like this

quote:

This was the moment when Britain's first pit-bull terrirer was wiped from the face of the earth. A lethal injection from a vet's syringe was used to put down Rizia, the seven-stone hell-hound. And at the end, the potential killing machine went out with just a whimper.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Ah the 90's

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
is "seven-stone" related to age or weight or what

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
That's some grade A dog demonizing

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Volkerball posted:

is "seven-stone" related to age or weight or what

weight. 98lbs

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

quote:

This was the moment when Britain's first pit-bull terrirer was wiped from the face of the earth. A lethal injection from a vet's syringe was used to put down Rizia, the seven-stone hell-hound. And at the end, the potential killing machine went out with just a whimper.
gross

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

There was also the revival of the Video Nasty panic in the early 90's after the murder of Jamie Bulger and tabloids blamed it on a vhs of Child's Play 3

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rodatose posted:

my viewpoint isn't that hispanics are gonna Have A Good Time, it's that republicans may eventually make an attempt at offering the the franchise to some, unlike african americans

trump based a campaign around "law and order" first and foremost, for all the americans who get boners from crushing perceived lawlessness. the racism comes from ascribing entire groups of people as lawless or 'above the law'/corrupt. the mexican rapists and drug dealers? trump qualifies it with the "illegal" ones, requiring mass deportation of undocumented immigrants (which would of course, in practice, be carried out in a racist way, making it racist speech/policy and it's bad)

there's no restraint though for inner cities, being described as entirely lawless, requiring stop and frisk against all blacks and defending the shooting of unarmed blacks for "being a threat". and every individual muslim is responsible for stopping the terrorist "trojan horse." there's no effort to draw a line between innocent and guilty for those groups.

i'd say there's a distinction between the reasoning given for why, say, war was declared against iraq vs war declared against the philipphines. the excuses are that one is being waged against an illegal faction within a group vs an entire unworthy group needing subjugation. the former signals that the oppressors are going to at least make an attempt at drawing some of their subjects into the franchise. the latter is signaling an explicit policy of continued disenfranchisement.

american history has been consistent in whites trying to remove african americans from the franchise to a degree no other group's gotten long term. probably because of guilt and the fear of reparations.

Trump didn't make distinctions between legal or illegal immigrants when he alleged that a US federal judge would be biased against him because of his Mexican heritage

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
that's awful :( pitties are still dogs and deserve respect and love.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Avshalom posted:

that's awful :( pitties are still dogs and deserve respect and love.

too many people get them. pit bulls require a hell of a lot more work than other dogs. i don't think you should own one unless you live out in the country and you've got room for them to run around unchained and kill poo poo and be a pit bull. keeping them locked up in a house is just putting a bunch of strain on you and the dog for no reason.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pets are a bourgeois affectation

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Depends on the pet op

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
all pets

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have spent more on medical bills for vanya than most people spend on medical bills for themselves because he is a terrierist and loves to have death-defying adventures

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Aeryk posted:

Don't call your offspring pets, Aeryk.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Randler posted:

Don't call your offspring pets, Aeryk.

I would never. Gotta have that child tax credit.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aeryk posted:

I would never. Gotta have that child tax credit.

Best off them now before Trump ruins child tax credits.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
if only someone had put down the several billion stone british nation before it mauled the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Aeryk posted:

Less of one than "animal companions," I'd think.

• Locked thread