Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

I was fighting some giant enemy crabs by a waterfall and an absolutely phenomenal tune started playing

That specific fight is a reference to an actual battle that took place in ancient Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Foxhound posted:

That specific fight is a reference to an actual battle that took place in ancient Japan.

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Foxhound posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Foxhound posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Foxhound posted:

lol 👍

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

this is cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Foxhound posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

How did Prompto manage to take this picture... 🤔

He used his rear end.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Foxhound posted:

Lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Props to all the Overwatch avatars coming in here this forum and making it a funnier and more positive place.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He used his rear end.

His rear end is underwater you drat clown

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You can't even see his rear end because it's behind the camera, photographing.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
You know what, I don't have time for this dumb troll poo poo. gently caress off

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just beat the fishing minigame. The prize you get seems pretty good.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

most of the incidental soundtrack is chill/subdued and only uses a few instruments but when bad business is going on it gets real bombastic and good.

I like it a bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKvYDnwTLOE

this music is killer but it takes a while to get going plus you have to be running around on foot so the chances of actually getting to hear the whole thing without imperials dropping on top of you and cutting it off is pretty slim. it's a shame.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i wish there was someplace to talk about the ending that wasnt full of braindead dumdums that didn't understand anything that happened in the story because its been stuck in my head lately.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Sharkopath posted:

i wish there was someplace to talk about the ending that wasnt full of braindead dumdums that didn't understand anything that happened in the story because its been stuck in my head lately.

just cover your posts in spoiler tags and you can talk all you want about a gay man's rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this is 35 on amazon right now jjust fyi

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Thank you!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

just cover your posts in spoiler tags and you can talk all you want about a gay man's rear end

maybe when more people finish, its still early days right now, would be rude

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Costlemark Tower is incredibly glitchy, lol. I clipped through the cube puzzle during a fight and the game teleported me outside. Like, a short loading screen with characters acknowledging what just happened. Super weird.

Also I got the season pass today.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Fungah! posted:

ty

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm confused about the Chancellor's motivations

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm confused about the Chancellor's motivations

He's a cool character. Chapter 13 end specific spoiler:

everything he does he does for his own 'perfect' idea of revenge. He feels betrayed by the gods so he wants to help you get as powerful as you can be and then destroy you himself to defy them completely.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

thanks for the tip, I know what I'm doing thurs/possibly tomorrow!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im glad i helped so many lurkers get a good gme

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sharkopath I don't want to spoil anything for myself so I won't read that spoiler, but I appreciate the post.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

They just patched in various bug fixes, "additional content", and New Game+

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They just patched in various bug fixes, "additional content", and New Game+

is this one of the NG+es where they scale the enemies and gear up to your level, or the kind where you clown everything in sight? both are cool but i'm curious

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

klapman posted:

is this one of the NG+es where they scale the enemies and gear up to your level, or the kind where you clown everything in sight? both are cool but i'm curious

It's a stat rollover but one of the new items is a ring that stop you from getting exp so you can do challenge runs.

It also keeps all your items including the flasks and then lets you pick up new copies as you progress. I think a person doing a 2nd run would end up with like 20 slots for magic spells.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 21, 2016

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

It's a stat rollover but one of the new items is a ring that stop you from getting exp so you can do challenge runs.

It also keeps all your items including the flasks and then lets you pick up new copies as you progress. I think a person doing a 2nd run would end up with like 20 slots for magic spells.

I haven't cast a magic spell since chapter 2.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wonder if I get the season pass it will work with the Japanese version of the game...Or do I need to make a Japanese psn account...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't cast a magic spell since chapter 2.
tier 2 spells are supremely powerful and will defeat most regular enemies with one cast, and then on top of that you can add reagents that can make the spell cast itself four times in a row with one use.

If your mates get stuck in the radius they'll get stunned a bit but they really don't do much friendly fire damage.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they arent as fun as regular weapons when you have most of the air dash and dodge mechanic upgrades on ascension though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh cool i just figured out how techniques getting crits works (you get a special, longer animation sometimes and they have additional effects) -- neat that it's not just extra damage. According to reddit too if you eat someone's favorite food at camp their crit odds get drastically increased

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wonder if I get the season pass it will work with the Japanese version of the game...Or do I need to make a Japanese psn account...

DLC almost never works across regions not even like european english version and US english version

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

tier 2 spells are supremely powerful and will defeat most regular enemies with one cast, and then on top of that you can add reagents that can make the spell cast itself four times in a row with one use.

If your mates get stuck in the radius they'll get stunned a bit but they really don't do much friendly fire damage.

My friend beat the game and was like magic is poo poo don't use it and he never figured out how to use th items to craft so he was doing like, plain fire and complaining it's bad

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I watched the Brotherhood anime on YouTube last night and it brought up all the feels again. The 4 main characters are great and get fleshed out nicely with little bits of backstory if you haven't seen it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
There is one endgame dungeon that is particularly painful if you don't have magic of a specific element available. It's still doable if you're in the postgame but takes forever.

No story spoiler, just encounter spoiler:

There are flans that have pitiful HP but are immune to all physical attacks (even those done with weapons that do element damage, as well as armiger and royal weapons) but are weak to one or maybe two elements (while absorbing a third). You either bring enough spells that you can kill them before running out or you cheese it. The way to cheese it if you're in postgame is use the ring and dodge everything and Ignis' magic attack. Oh and there are at least two variations of this monster with different weaknesses.