Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo

Prayer Site

"What the..." Flagelo crouches and stares right at the dog, her expression looking quite annoyed. "You're coming with me, are ya gonna give me a sidequest or should I just beat you up until you comply?"

Velvet Room

"Rode him? Too mu-..." She stops on her tracks, and shakes her head. "Er, sorry. Still...How did the police find him? Was there someone else who called for help?"

Ruin Run

"Oh *Clang!* no." Thrown back by the Hand's sudden smash, lifts her sword with a massive swing that strikes right at it, slashing through steel and armor with sheer brutal strength. "This thing is too big to take on in that cramped a space. We need to find a more advantageous location!"

Minor: Change Stance to Battle Wrath
Standard: Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+13 23 1d10+16 26 Activating Power Strike Power Strike: 1d10+16 17 Total 43 damage.
Move: To AI-5.

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 53/53(0)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 9/11 (V: 13)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	14	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [ ] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[ ] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [x] [ ] Power Strike           [x] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Sohei Parry                [ ] Mask of the Cackling Imp

Fate
Warding Flourish

Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant
+2 Damage +2 Bull Rush when Charging

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)
Maragi (vs Reflex. Range 5, 3x3 Square. Deals 3 Fire Damage to all targets)
Passive: Auto-Sukukaja (Grants +2 Attack to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)
Passive: Resist Fire 3
Weakness: Cold

IRL Stats
Rank 1 Academics ** - [+1 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 0 Charm * [+0 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 1 Courage *** [+1 +Str/Con Skills]

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Ambrose
Ambrose steadily meets Charlotte's gaze and returns her reassuring shoulder pat with a sincere nod. "I appreciate the chance to prove myself. I will be the first and last line of defense, Red Crown won't get past me to harm my charges. I will not let you down." A bit stilted perhaps, but the gravitas of the situation made it seem like the right thing to say. He takes up his designated position on the field and holds out his left arm casually, summoning his longsword in a swirl of blue light. He balances the point on the floor as he waits for the order to attack.

Akio Yamamura
Akio can feel his heart pounding as the pull timer counts down as if in slow motion. Messing up and appearing as a failure in the eyes of some of the best players in the world, and Red Charlotte in particular, would be a disaster. He focuses. Keep Red Crown's attention, gather up the adds, save defensive cooldowns for the enrages and trust in the group to execute the plan flawlessly. Seems simple enough? 5... 4... 3... He swallows hard. 2... 1... Here we go, here we go...

Ambrose leaps into action, snatching up the sword in his grip and dashing forward towards the bleeding giant in one fluid motion. Mid-stride the weapon starts thrumming with arcane power, the promise of a powerful blow to start off the battle. He reaches his target and uses the momentum to swing his blade in a wide arc!... He whiffs by a mile. He lets out an annoyed grunt, but the attack wasn't entirely wasted. The magic force enveloping the blade washes over Red Crown, the mark was in place.

Move: Walk to C13
Standard: Booming Blade vs AC: 1d20+13 15, miss!
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Red Crown is Marked and suffers -2 to attacks not directed at me.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 60/60		AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven

Farbond Spellblade Longsword: +13, 1d8+6 (MBA)

Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Vanishing Blade
Booming Blade		[ ] Argent Rain			[ ] Shielding Fire
Sword Burst		[ ] Fey Step			
			[ ] Sword of Sigils		
Summoned Armor		[ ] Dimensional Vortex		
Acrobat Boots		[ ] Shield
			[ ] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives
Eladrin Will: +5 bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Rose King's Shield: Once per turn gain THP when hitting an enemy with Booming Blade.
White Lotus Riposte: If an enemy I have hit with an arcane at-will attacks me they take 4 damage.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 penalty to hit allies with arcane attacks.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 8, 2016

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Friday Night:
"Woah, woah. We're here to help. We want to help," Takashi's calm tone and smile are apparently through voice, even if his avatar is a giant, molten dog, "take your time and tell us whatever you can."

After a bit, he probes with another question, "Why wouldn't the police let you see your boyfriend? What about his family?"

Ancient Ruins Run:
As he waits for his group to organize for the orb-light puzzle, Takashi starts his stream without much fanfare, a few posts with the usual image macros. As tame as the ruins have been so far, he's not expecting a ton of viewers.

.attak

Orb of light safely affixed to .attak's harness, he pads forward with the group, acting as the anchor. As the system message rings out, he begins to growl softly, head swiveling every direction looking for the threat. The growl rises to a full-throated rumble when the smoking monster rises into view, and despite the futility, he barks at the monstrosity.

As the hand slams down, the battle-dog springs into action.

Barking like a lunatic, .attak makes a running leap over the hand to land in Flagelo's wake. Spinning as he lands, he lets forth another threatening bark at the Guardian's face, lightning crackling along the rows of teeth in his maw.

[GROUP:] central plat looks safer, moving the light that way.

*Move via Running Leap Athletics: 1d20+5 16 to AH9.
*Minor: Battlemind's Demand - Guardian and Hand(?) are marked until otherwise noted.
*Standard: Conductive Defense vs Reflex: 1d20+12 23 1d10+8 16 damage
*Conductive Defense (Aug 0) - USOMNT the Guardian takes 5 lightning damage every time it hits an ally.
*.attak has Regen 2
*Hostile creatures that begin or end (either, not both) their turn within 3 squares of .attak are pulled 2 and knocked prone.

pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 59/59 (THP: 0)       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 12/14 (V: 14)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 20    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [3/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Mark of the Vigilante       [x] Diabolic Transformation
Mind Spike              [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
Conductive Defense                                      [x] Nightmare Vortex
Concussive Spike                                        [x] Inspiring Fortitude
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Forceful:  Enemies moved by pushes or slides can instead be knocked prone for -1 distance.
Molten: DR7 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

IRL:
Academics: +1  - ***
Charm: +1      - **
Courage: +1    - **

Mortify fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 10, 2016

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

quote:

Mirthless wrote on Dec 9, 2016 15:11:
Noriko (Friday Afternoon)

Noriko tries to make use of what time she has left in the afternoon to ask around about the Nishiyama family. She has no plans to follow up on this tonight past the cross-referencing, though.

diplomacy: 1d20+12 24

(Friday Night)

Noriko is quiet for a few long minutes, before starting with a slight tremble in her voice. "umm..." her avatar looks a bit sullen, Mori glancing sideways. "...something happened to me the other night, in the game. when we were raiding. i didn't say anything at the time. i thought..." she hesitates. "i thought i was imagining it. Sometimes I... have trouble with reality. I have to take medication, I see a professional..." she clenches her fists. "it was like... it was like i really died. i lost my heartbeat. i was someplace else in the game, with someone who knew way too much about me... I've been having the dreams, too."

She pauses, taking a deep breath. the coldness returning to her voice and expression. "...I think this game might be dangerous."

(Ancient Ruins Run)

Clenching her fist, she thrusts towards the guardian, delivering a blast of psychic force to the limb. (Slowed UEONT, the next ally who hits and damages the target before the end of my next turn gains a +3 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of THEIR next turn)

Templar's Fist vs Will (visible hand): 1d20+9 18 1d10+5 8

(Hell)

"...so I'm really dead, then." she pauses for a moment, as if taking a moment to mull over the words she just spoke. She considers Satan's offer carefully. "...is that really all you want from me?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 27, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Tatsumi

Evening

Tatsumi felt a giant lump in his throat as Takashi asked the question. He listened to Noriko and not-Takamura before chiming in. "I didn't want to say anything either, but I've also been having weird dreams. Like being in the game but it's you, y'know?" and nods at Noriko. "Yeah, and like someone seems to know way more about me, stuff I haven't even told anyone. I thought it was just me, or I had been stressing, but this can't be a coincidence... " his voice starting to tremble a bit with obvious worry. He did his best to take a deep breath and try to slow his heart rate, but things were getting a bit too weird. "I read something where another guy was having weird dreams, but it was an old post from awhile ago. I emailed them, but I haven't heard anything back..." before he turned his attention back to Takamura's girlfriend. "Umm, we're not trying to pry or anything, but do you know what high school he went to?"

Capo Kappo

Ancient Ruins

"Oh geez, big thing!" he says as the beast and the mechanical hand popped up. "Should we run? It's probably gonna chase us and smash everything on the way." though at watching Flagelo and .attak spring into action he had his answer. He decided to try one of the new tricks he'd picked up since leveling and held his knife over his skillet. After a short while the blade began to heat up. "I really need to think of a cool name for this to call out like I'm in a shounen or something..." he said to no one in particular as he steps forward and levels a broad slash at the guardian. But maybe using a heat-based attack wasn't the best move against a robot, as it seemed to do little more than cause a decent-sized nick and a slight blackening where he had cut.

Move: Shift to AH9
Standard: Rune of Ember of Wrath vs AC against Guardian (23) and Hand (15). Missing both but doing half damage (6)

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 44/44 (THP: 15)	AC:	21	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 4/8 (V: 11)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +9		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

Word of Diminishment	[ ][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[ ] Shield of Sacrifice
			[ ] Heroic Effort		[X] Rune of the Ember of Wrath
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Strangling Shadow
			[ ] Executioner's Call		
			[ ] Words of Bravery		

Item Powers:
Sunblade Longsword: 			(Free/At Will) Change weapon damage type to radiant
Sunblade Longsword: [ ]			(Standard/Daily) Close burst 1; vs enemies; Str vs Ref for 1d8 radiant damage.
Shield of Protection: [ ]		(Standard/Daily) Myself and an adjacent ally gain resist 10 all damage UEOMNT.
Mask of the Dancing Sprite: [ ]		(Free/Daily) Creates 1/1 + 1/1 Minion Wisp within Range 3. Wisp has Fly 5 and will use one of my At Will Powers once per turn as physical damage. 
					Wisp Powers always deal half damage. Wisp have defenses equal to 10+ 1/2 my level.

Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.
Resilient Focus: +2 to saving throws.
Arcana Focus: +1 Attack per Tier to Fortune Actions made with Persona

Ongoing:
Killing Blow: (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!
Bird's Eye View: (Drusilla Overseer) (+4 Initiative, +2 Perception)
Hot-Blooded:(Lyth Overseer) +1 Damage to all Attacks
Rune of Protection: Adjacent allies gain +2 resist all.

Persona:
Fortune Points: 1
Pixie (Lovers)
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Fire

IRL Stats
Charm: +0 *
Courage: +0 *
Academics: +1 **

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 29, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Friday Afternoon

Noriko: You've got all the info you need to go to the right house later!

Tsukiyo: Doggo lifts his leg and urinates right on your feet! He finishes tidying up the site and slowly drops to his knees before it, bowing his head and lowering his ears. Paws on his legs, he remains quiet and still...

Friday Night

: Not-Takamura sits quietly for a minute, then just croaks out weakly: "You're crazy." He shakes his head and gives .attak a weak smile. "Uhm... thanks.. look.. Taka was really d... uh, blunt. That's how I cracked his password, hee hee. But he was a real headstrong guy. He could get anything done if he really t-tried... he dropped out of school, but, uhm, never really talked about it... he just kept working. Sorry..." He clears his throat. "I got home and the p-police already blocked the building off. A neighbor said.. said... she said the door was.. left open.. she was worried.. so she looked.. and.." He covers his mouth, eyes bulging a bit. "They won't let anyone see it because it's... that.. bad..."

Not-Takamura waits a bit, nervously clutching his hands together. Then he sends you a text with a name and a cell number(phone, text access.) "My name is Yuki. I didn't meet Taka's family yet.. uhm.. if.. if you know anything.. p-please.. help. OK?"

---

Ancient Ruins Run

Tatsumi: You've got +3 Attack this turn thanks to Noriko's earlier Power.

The Guardian commits to a massive sideways Shift and withdraws its hand before glaring directly at .attak, blasting him with deadly eye beams! The lava magics briefly warm the lava-hound and little more!Ataraxia fails her Athletics Check to gross the gap, barely... she catches the ledge and Tatsumi is able to pull her up!

: "THX! DON'T BURST HIM! SAVE UR BIG SHOTS! WE GOTTA SAC SUM1 AT THE ALTAR!" Ataraxia looks from side to side quickly, then seems a bit ashamed and looks away. "U-UHM, I GUESS ME?" She looks up at the Guardian as it withdraws its hand... she considers her shield... and sighs, taking a Total Defense.

Suddenly!

A loud voice calls clear across the massive hall and the cheesy boss music comes to a halt!

: "OI! I'D SAY YEW'D DO AS A SACCIE, LIL MISSIE! YOU GOT THE MOST EXPERIENCE AT IT!"

: "oh no"

Somehow the presence of the Guardian feels like something to ignore as a fresh artifact light ignites on the other side of the map and three shadowy figures reveal themselves, dropping down from sets of climbing spikes embedded in the solid rock ceiling! The largest of their number, a massive pig-man rears his head back and lets out a brutal yell of WEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! (Music: Lifeseeker - Gone Guru)

<Darling> Pohl, the Halfling-sized little feral gunman! He's got a dangerous glint!

Geitar <the Gamer>, a large lizard-man brandishing a pair of serrated hatchets.

and... Mura. The massive pig-man carrying a large spiked net and a massive spiked chain loosely wrapped around his massive shoulders and belly, shrouded in filthy furs and leathers.

All three bearing the same call sign that instantly makes your blood heat up... [UMAD]

: "Long time, no see, Attie! Not missing any lockouts this week, are ya?"

: "gently caress U!!!!!!!! THESE GUYS ARE TEN TIMES BETTER THAN U NOOBLETS!" Ataraxia hops onto the space between .attack and Tatsumi's heads, standing on either shoulder to scream across the room while flailing with all of her arms.

: "Trash is trash. Nothing special here. But you, Attie..." He tips his hat with index finger and thumb pinching the brim.

: "HYUHYUHYUHYUHYU DABADIBBA-DIE BOUT-NOW DANGOLD YEWDUNBAD HRBHRHBRHDBLBLBLLDONEFER"

: "HAHAHAHA! YEAH! THANKS FER BRINGING SOME FRESH MEAT TA US! AND COMING BY YERSELF! YA FANCY THE ATTENTION? AT THE END OF THE DAY YER STILL NOTHIN' MORE THAN A BITTER..."

: "!!!!!"

: "OLD... C..." His big lips curl with a vicious sneer!

: "STOP"

: "Cuh-hrist-mas CAKE!!!" The malice in his eyes is immaculate.

Silence reigns. Then the three explode into laughter. Ataraxia wilts and hops down from her perch, turning away from her tormentors.

: Her high-pitched filter drops and a tired woman speaks a solemn oath. "I'll really kill you this time." She cancels the Total Defense and Runs past Tsukiyo!

The Real Fight Begins!(Music!)

Everybody is Up! Guardian and Enemies move Sunday Night!

Hands count as Difficult Terrain
Hands can be Jumped across

Geitar: Damage Taken: 0, AC/F/R/W 18/18/18/17
Mura: Damage Taken: 0, AC/F/R/W 20/19/13/14
Pohl: Damage Taken: 0, AC/F/R/W 19/16/21/16

Ataraxia: HP: 49/49 AC/F/R/W: 22/20/16/15, Running

Guardian
Unstoppable: Ignores Slows, Roots and Forced Movement
Damage Taken: 22
AC/F/R/W: No/25/15/15
Marked(.attak)
+8 Non-Melee

Left Hand: Damage Taken: 57 | Right Hand: ???/???
AC/F/R/W: 22/25/15/15
+10 Melee

---

Hell(Noriko)

: Satan is amused! "Is it really that easy to break a heart? Oh, dear Noriko. I don't trade in cheap goods. You'll know when you've satisfied the bargain, it'll be unmistakable... but you'd better believe I won't take anything but the real deal." He looks over the contract and gives you a fierce eye-to-eye glare. "I think you're a bit naive if you can't see the value of this transaction. How many Humans have destroyed themselves over one obsession? How much of history has shifted on the yearning of one heart for another..." He waxes poetic a bit, his gaze softening, then back to business. A look of burning steel and manic interest. "You don't strike me as the type to have a spare suitor on hand and I'm hardly seeking a clumsy virgin shooing away a green hopeful."

: "Shatter a relationship. Poison the well between two lovers. Destroy the bond held by soulmates. Annihilate even the essence of a hopeful new beginning. Do you understand it better, now? I want a broken heart. I want a mortal to feel.. well.." He chuckles darkly, an effect that echoes throughout the chamber, that makes everything ripple and shift and darken and you can see the red of hand-minted gems reflected in rings on his fingers, rings smudged with prints and grease from constant admiration and fondling and... "to feel like you."

: "An empty heart to save yours. You have until the 2nd of May." He inclines his head politely towards your warm heart, quivering in your hand. "Please sign... unless you'd rather be judged."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 14, 2021

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Etemenanki(Akio)

(Akio, I'm going to give you a choice in the OOC thread of Support Personas. We shall pretend you always had one equipped lest [ORDER] think you are hopelessly new to the game ;) )

You seize Red Crown's attention! Your comrades spread out for tactical positioning, two of them rushing in to begin a good flank. Everybody is delivering nice damage to the great Fey... the headless girl produces great hexes that bedevil the superstitious monster, the little weedie guy and the tough girl are bashing into him with your Mark and Flank support... your Leader comes up beside you and whiffs, but his attack provides an aura that grants DR 2 while any friendlies are in it.

Red Crown flexes and pulls his mask down for a split second. He exhales out his nose, bathing all before him in petrifying mist! This reduces Defenses by 3(Save Ends)! He follows this up with an advancing slam, cratering the three before him and Pushing them back 1 Square! The brutal slam deals 21 Damage to Akio and the others!

Cackling, several Red Caps leap down and begin menacing your allies. One looks at the scrum eagerly, but turns away when Red Crown gestures to the side towards the other group, where Charlotte and the others are trading magical barrages with a wicked melding of arachnid and man.

Red Crown
HP: ???/???
AC/F/R/W: 24/27/26/29
+12 Non-Melee
+15 Melee, 2d8+8

Red Caps
HP: 20/20 20/20 20/20
AC/F/R/W: 20/21/17/16

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 27, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Velvet Room

"I... I did had a nightmare of sorts before as well..." Tsukiyo bites her finger, somewhat unnerved by this. "Thought it was because I played it just before sleep, but if the same happened to you all, the VR device probably has some sort of subliminal program sent to the players. "Memento is right, this game is dangerous, and we should probably stop while we can. Miss Yuki, whatever you do, avoid contacting the company who made those. Try to find someone to examine Takamura's headset, a hacker or something. I have a bad feeling about this." She picks up a pen and paper and tries to remember the notes sent by Yuki while quickly writing them.

Support Hunt

"What the hell is he worshipping? Well, it COULD be strong enough to warrant making it a Persona of my own." Tsukiyo leans closer to the shrine, examining it.

Flagelo

"Don't rush in front of me, idiot! We can deal with these C[REMOVED BY FAMILY WORDFILTER] easily enough." Flagelo walks past Ataraxia, her sword shifting into ranged mode as she fires a darting arrow at the reptilian brawler, piercing his chest hide. "Activate Familiar." She says as a small shadow starts to coalesce a few steps south of her location, creating a small demonic NPC.

Free: Quick Swap to Distance Longbow
Move: To AK-1
Standard: Ranged attack at Geitar Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 21 1d10+7 17
Minor: Summoning Cackling Imp to AM -1.

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 38/53(0)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14

[ ] [ ] Power Strike           [x] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Sohei Parry                [ ] Mask of the Cackling Imp

Fate
Warding Flourish

Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)
Passive: Auto-Sukukaja (Grants +2 Attack to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)

IRL Stats

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose

Ambrose's eyes flit back and forth across the battlefield even as he reels from the powerful slam. Tricky as the situation may seem it was clear what had to be done. Good thing he came prepared for the occasion.

He lifts his blade high and starts to bring it down upon the fey lord in an obvious overhead slash, but just as the sword reaches its apex it disappears in a flash, and Ambrose along with it! He reappears on the other side of Red Crown, following through with his attack and carving into the defenseless backside of his red foe. He throws a quick glance at the nearby red cap and beckons it with his free hand, his fingers leaving trails of luminescent magic in the air. "Uh uh. You're coming with me." When Red Crown turns around to retaliate, Ambrose is already gone.

[GROUP]: "I'll bring Red over to the east. Try to spread out a bit, no reason for several of us to eat his slam attack."

With a whirling attack he re-enters the battlefield between the two remaining unmarked red caps, his form blurry and transparent from the teleportation magic. The blade slices into the side of the red cap harassing the headless girl, causing a red seal to appear over his head, but the other one ducks in time to avoid the attack entirely.

Three out of four marks in place. Hopefully that was good enough, but then again...

"Valkyrie, sukukaja!" The warrior maiden appears and valiantly dashes to the horned girl who had been left a bit too exposed, providing her cover from the unmarked add or anything else that might come for her.

Move: Armathor's Step: Teleport to A12, I gain a +2 attack bonus to my next attack. I'm also flanking Red Crown and gain combat advantage.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Red Cap (B11) is Marked, overwriting my mark on Red Crown (for a brief moment).
Standard: Vanishing Blade vs Red Crown AC: 1d20+13+2+2 30 vs AC, hit! 2d8+6 15 damage and Red Crown is Marked UEOMNT.
Vanishing Blade: As part of the effect I teleport to B17 and become invisible UEOMNT. Until the end of the encounter, whenever I hit with a melee attack, I can teleport 3 squares as a free action.
Action Point!
Standard: Sword of Sigils vs Red Caps (A16, C18) AC: 2#1d20+13+2 18, miss. 27, hit! Redcap C18 takes 1d8+6 13 damage and is Marked UEOMNT. Until the mark fades the target takes 4 force damage if it makes an attack that doesn't include me.
Fortune: Sukukaja: Tough Girl at A15 gains Melee Evasion against the next attack.
Save vs Petrifying Mist: 1d20 14, saved!

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 41/60		AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 6		Will:	19	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 1

Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind			[X] Vanishing Blade
Sword Burst		[ ] Fey Step			
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives
Rose King's Shield: Once per turn gain THP when hitting an enemy with Booming Blade.
White Lotus Riposte: If an enemy I have hit with an arcane at-will attacks me they take 4 damage.

Ongoing
Vanishing Blade: Until the end of the encounter, whenever I hit with a melee attack I can teleport 3 squares as a free action.
Invisible UEOMNT

Support Persona: Valkyrie (Strength)
Cleave (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d8+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Sukukaja (Range 5, Ally or Self. Ally gains Melee Evasion against Next Attack. Against next Melee, Enemy rolls twice and uses weaker roll.)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
// Noriko / Memento-Mori (Velvet Room)

Noriko reaches for her phone (a pretty out of date model but it's a rare special edition at least) and quickly texts Yuki.
pre:
[Noriko Mori]: hey i know you think im crazy but
[Noriko Mori]: i know what you are feeling, to lose someone suddenly like this
[Noriko Mori]: i am going to do what i can to help you find out what happened
[Noriko Mori]: meanwhile pls consider talking to someone to help with grief 
[Noriko Mori]: i know someone who is very professional and discrete
[Noriko Mori]: (*she texts Yasuo's name and number to her*)

Memento-Mori Ancient Ruins Run

(imm reaction) As the guardian shifts up, Mori activates her moonstride power, turning insubstantial and blinking to AI 6. (Mori is insubstantial (take half damage) UEONT)

pre:
broadcast: 
don't have time 4 this pvp bullshit

(;•͈́༚•͈̀) (;•͈́༚•͈̀) いいえ、お父さん、いや! (ノꐦ ⊙曲ఠ)ノ彡┻━┻
She swiftly moves to AJ2 and with a whisper and a gesture of her wrist, the panels holding the attacking team up seem to fall away from them!

Phantom Chasm vs
Phantom Chasm vs Will (Geitar, Mura): 1d20+9 19 2d6+5 6 8 9 (forgot the overseer buff) Mura: 1d20+9 10 (area burst 1 @ AI-8)

(Geitar is Immobilized UEONT and prone, Mura is knocked prone and takes half damage (so, 4))

Though Mura doesn't seem to be fooled, Mori pops her subspec cooldown and repeats the attack on their back line, another chasm of tiles collapsing out from under Pohl:
Orb of Deception / Phantom Chasm on Pohl/Darling: 1d20+13 19 2d6+6 6 15 (area burst 1 @ AI-11 technically this overlaps mura but i don't know how the rules work /w this since you can't target somebody you miss with the same power over again)
(Pohl is Immobilized UEONT and prone)

Zones (area burst 1) centered at AI-8 and AI-11: creates zone that lasts until end of encounter: any enemy that enters the zone falls prone

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 27/39 (THP: 0)       AC:   19    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 0/6 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: [0]
Speed: 6                 Will: 20    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [2]
One with Shadow     [ ] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors             [X] Visions of Avarice      
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      N/M Tasha's Frcbl Conscrp   [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Prestidigitation    [X] Moonstride                  [ ] Thought Eater     
Winged Horde        [X] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
                    [ ] Orb of Nimble Thought
                    [ ] Second Wind
Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Arcane illusion power hits give Mori combat advantage vs Target UEONT (or until save on save powers)
+1 dam overseer bonus

Charm 1
Courage 0
Academics 1

Memento-Mori (Hell)

"heh. i didn't mean to understate it. it's fine." she signs the document without much more hesitation. "not like I have much choice, in any case."

Noriko tries to think for a moment if she'd ever read about an incarnation of satan like this in one of her tomes, but she probably comes up short, besides the obvious parallels to all demons, anyway:
Arcana: 1d20+13 17

"it was interesting to meet you. i'm sure that this is all in my head, but to be honest, i needed some goals. maybe being cruel will be liberating." she pauses. "i don't think i plan to make a habit of it, though. no offense. it's hard to be that invested in somebody else's misery. i don't know how yasuo does it."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 12, 2016

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Ancient Ruins

Kappo recognized the guild tag from what Atraxia had said of her story prior to joining the instance run. He rushes forward, doing his best to steer clear of the Guardian. Probably not the best spot to be, sandwiched between the trolls and the mechanical monster like this. At least the gankers were honest.

[Group] "I don't really have any ranged options, so if anyone can think of a way to get them over here that'd be great."

He meanwhile held his skillet up in front of him like a shield.

"A gator and a hog?" he broadcasts in Japanese before switching to his best approximation of a Southern US accent. "I reckon we gonna have ourselfs some gumbo."

Move: Run to AH2
Free: Activating Sunblade Longsword. Weapon damage becomes radiant until cancelled.
Standard: Total Defense.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 44/44 (THP: 15)	AC:	23	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 4/8 (V: 11)	For:	21	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +9		Ref:	19	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

Word of Diminishment	[ ][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[ ] Shield of Sacrifice
			[ ] Heroic Effort		[X] Rune of the Ember of Wrath
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Strangling Shadow
			[ ] Executioner's Call		
			[ ] Words of Bravery		

Item Powers:
Sunblade Longsword: 			(Free/At Will) Change weapon damage type to radiant
Sunblade Longsword: [ ]			(Standard/Daily) Close burst 1; vs enemies; Str vs Ref for 1d8 radiant damage.
Shield of Protection: [ ]		(Standard/Daily) Myself and an adjacent ally gain resist 10 all damage UEOMNT.
Mask of the Dancing Sprite: [ ]		(Free/Daily) Creates 1/1 + 1/1 Minion Wisp within Range 3. Wisp has Fly 5 and will use one of my At Will Powers once per turn as physical damage. 
					Wisp Powers always deal half damage. Wisp have defenses equal to 10+ 1/2 my level.

Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.
Resilient Focus: +2 to saving throws.
Arcana Focus: +1 Attack per Tier to Fortune Actions made with Persona

Ongoing:
Killing Blow: (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!
Bird's Eye View: (Drusilla Overseer) (+4 Initiative, +2 Perception)
Hot-Blooded:(Lyth Overseer) +1 Damage to all Attacks
Rune of Protection: Adjacent allies gain +2 resist all.

Persona:
Fortune Points: 1
Pixie (Lovers)
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)

IRL Stats
Charm: +0 *
Courage: +0 *
Academics: +1 **

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 29, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
(I think you meant to stop at AH2, Capo, I believe AH1 would send you soaring out into the abyss)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Mirthless posted:

(I think you meant to stop at AH2, Capo, I believe AH1 would send you soaring out into the abyss)

(I need glasses)

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Friday Night:
Takashi takes down Yuki's name and number in his phone, resolving to ask his uncle if he can ask one of his contacts on the police force about the death.

.attak

.attak takes another vicious bite out of the Guardian, backing away slowly towards the enemy group. His growl, and lightning wreathed teeth, fill the air with noise.

*Standard: Conductive Defense vs Reflex: 1d20+12 26 1d10+8 14 damage
*Conductive Defense (Aug 0) - USOMNT the Guardian takes 5 lightning damage every time it hits an ally
*Move to AH4
*Guardian and Hand(?) are marked until otherwise noted
*.attak has Regen 2
*Hostile creatures that begin or end (either, not both) their turn within 3 squares of .attak are pulled 2 and knocked prone

pre:
.attak   						 
Power Points: [3/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Mark of the Vigilante       [x] Diabolic Transformation
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Forceful:  Enemies moved by pushes or slides can instead be knocked prone for -1 distance.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)

IRL:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Tsukiyo: You read the epitaph of Dog_Soldier, a low-level ranger who absolved his soul from obligation. He rerolled, renaming himself to an unknown ideal, unrecognizable compared to what he was. The little Doggo finishes his prayers and slowly walks around the makeshift shrine, stopping behind it. He makes three circles and curls up, dozing off.

---

Friday Night

: Not-Takamura's voice filter fails with one final burst of static, including graphical effects burning along his frame like an aura and an upset girl's voice comes through: "Thank you... uhm... stay in touch..." Yuki logs off and you guys finish the night.

Though members of your Soulshell, Felix and Ryuka didn't accept the invitation. They're unaware of what you just learned. (Picking them up as NPCs going forward and I'd suggest that anyone who wants to know their friends would do so casually and can get to know them better.) And it seems a terrible thing that [Ailuridae] doesn't know one of their own is gone forever... but you'll have to deal with that tomorrow. It's getting late. (This section is finished.)

---

April 11

Saturday Morning
Music

The School Council meets today after school...

Akio: Your alarm greets you with a harsh reminder... today is your first day at Naoki Academy. Pulled from your old life and everybody you knew to visit a renowned prep school for upper class suburbanites. All on your step-mother's guidance... it's the worst. You don't know anybody and you've got nothing to relate to from your middle school years! As if on cue you can hear polite knocking at your door... Hanae is always punctual!

: "Akio, are you awake?" Your step-mother's prim and proper voice coos in through the barest opening in the door, as she's already taken the liberty of turning the handle. Her voice is glamorous and pretty, you could sweat she's barely ten years older than you are... "Breakfast is ready, come down soon." You can hear her leaving.

Everybody(Akio too!): You've got some free time in the morning. What do you do?

[ ] Meet somebody to walk to school together
[ ] Spend time with someone you know
[ ] Go to School early
[ ] Stay in and Study
[ ] Stay in and Relax
[ ] Grind for Gold
[ ] Farm a low-level Support Persona
[ ] Log into DDW and look for quick RP

[ ] Train (Tsukiyo)
[ ] Part Time Work (Tatsumi)
[ ] Visit the Nishiyama household (Noriko)
[ ] Streaming, Social Media, Editing of! (Takashi)

[ ] Other(Write-In!)

---

Ancient Ruins Run

(Mark on Left Hand was cleared since last round, .attak.)

Noriko: Mura takes an additional 1 Damage from Chasm, weak to Psychic Damage!
Noriko: Pohl uses his heightened intelligence as an atheist to disbelief your magical attack, rerolling the damage! Fortunately it only drops to a 13 and he has no cause to tip his cap.
All: Geitar endures some of the damage he takes, revealing DR 2!

Mura stands up and gestures towards your group!

: "HRRMMDNGGRRRGRUMBLEMRUMBLE BANG BANG BANGDIDDYBANGBANGBANG!!!"

Pohl opens fire with a sweeping spread on Tsukiyo but his aim goes wide! He invokes his Persona and the spirit of a malicious cactus grants himself +2 AC UEONT! He stays Prone! Geitar swaps weapons and draws a longbow of his own, firing at Tsukiyo and also going wide! He curses loudly and stands up! With a boisterous roar Mura throws his net at Tsukiyo, going the barest bit over her shoulder... before pulling back with all his might! The net suddenly inverts and billows out, spiked nettles and wiring wrapping around Tsukiyo for 6 Physical Damage and Immobilizing, Grappling and Pulling her to AK-6! She hangs one square off the lit tile ledge, behind Light Cover. You can climb up Mura's chain as regular Movement if you can get out of the Grapple(Set DC 20!)

Ataraxia whistles for Takashi to pass his orb as she moves up to keep the group on solid ground! She takes a pot-shot at Mura and misses wildly, but attempts to attack him lets her Mark and poison him for 2 damage!

The Guardian suddenly sinks into the mists, vanishing! It pops back up in the center of the area and lashes out to either side at Tatsumi and Geitar! It smashes Geitar for 15 Damage and swats Tatsumi for 11 Damage! It shatters tiles with each blow!

: "We can lock down them even further!" You have an Overseer Daily power that the whole party can use together at any time(2 votes needed): Great Sage's Will: Extend the duration of all existing UEONT effects by another turn(One per PC.)

Geitar: Damage Taken: 22, AC/F/R/W 18/18/18/17, Immobilized UEONT Nori
+9 Atk, +5 Ranged
DR 2

Mura: Damage Taken: 7, AC/F/R/W 20/19/13/14, Marked(Ataraxia), Poison 2(Ata Mark)
+10 Atk
Weakness: Psychic

Pohl: Damage Taken: 13, AC/F/R/W 19/16/21/16, Immobilized UEONT Nori, Prone, +2 AC UEONT
+9 Ranged
[X] Disbelief

Guardian
Damage Taken: 36
Marked(.attak)
+8 Non-Melee

Left Hand: Damage Taken: 57 | Right Hand: ???/???
+10 Melee

---

Hell(Noriko)

: "Not make a habit of it..." One squeeze of your own heart produces enough blood to sign your name to the contract. Satan rolls it up and it vanishes in a flash of flame. "Funny. It would be rather bad form to die again before you save yourself for the first time. And if you end up back here after that? Heh... I think you'll find my fee to be a bit steeper." He grins and mimes dealing some cards, each gesture casting off bits of flame that are drawn to your heart and begin to fill it(and you!) with warmth. "I do like my tasks completed rather than Sisyphean, so I'll give you just the littlest boons to that end." He grabs your heart in the tenderest grope and guides it back to your torso.

Arcana: The MO matches and the aesthetics have inklings of what all cultures and artists have tried to represent... but you had no idea that The Lucifer was such a... drama hound.

When your heart rejoins your body and the fatal wound in your chest closes, you come to suddenly back in your apartment, finishing the Ancient Ruins Run. (This section is finished.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 27, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Etemenanki(Akio)

(While expanding the map I opted to make it much easier to see the grid with a quick redraw.)

Following your movements, Red Crown and his minions Shift or Move(B11) to follow you! The one unmarked Red Cap is unable to pass by all these threatened zones safely and remains in the fray. Red Crown and his cronies follow you unerringly even as you turn invisible, Red Crown slashing to either side with both hands as he commits a bit Shift through you and your allies to follow you! He's unable to hit you and your Sukukaja saves the tough Oni girl from being hit by it as well! The rest of your allies begin conjuring up less damaging CC effects on the crowd and your Runepriest puts out a strong Healing Daily, restoring a Surge+4 of HP to you, among others!

The Red Cap behind you lashes out with both hands in brutal hammerfists, easily parried! Predictably, Red Crown enrages and sheds all CC except for your Mark, muscles grotesquely pumping to twice their mass in size with a surge of blood as he howls and beats futilely against the ground and your warding blade.

On the other side of the arena things seem to be going well. You can't help but admire the clockwork precision with which Tank and DPS surround their foe and all involved avoid everything that can be seen coming. Charlotte stands rigidly as a General summoning troops, shimmering ethereal figures of immaculate soldiers appearing to hoist great shields and launch metaphorical ballistas at the target, forcing their attention upon her. Flanking the other mini-boss are a few crazy looking characters, chief among them a hulking metal-bound knight who simply wails upon his target with gauntlet-clad fists and a pair of casters in the back unleashing twin torrents of choking darkness.

: Bishop's voice rises, his position as Overseer keeping him off the battlefield in a physical sense. "Now! Now! Gather the Caps and unleash all AoE! Clear the trash before Bael'waag spawns!" Bishop activates an Overseer Daily power and grants you all Meticulous Craft, allowing you to roll to Attack 3 Times and use the Best Result for this turn AND your next! "THIS IS THE POWER OF PROPER PLANNING!"

Red Crown
HP: ???/??? (Damage Taken from Ambrose: 15)
AC/F/R/W: 24/27/26/29
+12 Non-Melee
+15 Melee, 2d8+8
Marked(Akio)

Red Caps
HP: 20/20(M) 6/20(M) 20/20
AC/F/R/W: 20/21/17/16

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 27, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Sat Morning

Tsukiyo is still visibly shaken by the earlier ordeal with Yuki, and decides to train in order to keep her mind off what she told about Takamura. "Perhaps I should start contact with the others if this gets worse..." She thinks to herself while absentmindedly doing her daily Kata.

Support Hunt

"You were the Persona of the guy who was buried here, huh?" She looks at Doggo and again tries to pick him up. "C'mon, staying here groaning won't help anyone, not even yourself."

Flagelo

"FFFFFFFFFFF THISSS" Flagelo groans on party chat as she tries to get out of the net, hanging from the edge of the abyss as she pitifully tries to shoot at Geitar again, missing wide due to the net severely binding her. Her body starts to shimmer as her defensive shield turns on. "I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU PEOPLE WHEN I GET OUT OF THIS SO YOU EFFING KNOW!"

Athletics (Escape Grapple): 1d20+14 18
Minor: Using Stone's Endurance to get 5 Resist All
Standard: Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+6 11 1d10+9 14

I'm gonna kill Orokos!!!!

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 32/53(0)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14

[ ] [ ] Power Strike           [x] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Sohei Parry                [x] Mask of the Cackling Imp

Fate
Warding Flourish

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)

IRL Stats

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 15, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
(Saturday Morning)

Noriko wakes up early feeling a bit more motivated than usual. Deciding to get dressed early, she slips out before she's noticed. She heads over to the Nishiyama household to check things out once she's out the door.

Memento-Mori (Ancient Ruins Run)
(i'm kind of dead out of it this week sorry for not fleshing this out better)

Move Orb of Nimble Thought, shift to AM 0
Standard Grasping Shadows centered at AI -10 (Area Burst 1, creates zone UEONT, any creature that enters zone takes 4 damage and is slowed UEONT)

Grasping Shadows, Will; Geitar, Mura, Pohl, Hand: 4#1d20+11 22 28 27 29 1d8+6 9 All Slowed UEONT

Mori votes to extend powers (immobilize, slow on mura assuming i can add another turn to that)

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 

Ghost Sound         [X] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      N/M Tasha's Frcbl Conscrp   [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Illusory Ambush
                    [ ] Second Wind
Passives:
Arcane illusion power hits give Mori combat advantage vs Target UEONT (or until save on save powers)
+1 dam overseer bonus

Charm 1
Courage 0
Academics 1

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 18, 2016

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning

Akio groans audibly and waves dismissively over his back at the door. Why couldn't she just leave him be? He didn't want or need her help. He's got an alarm to wake him up, like he's told her again and again. In fact he's been lying in bed staring at it for the last 93 minutes while sleep kept eluding him, too nervous at the thought of starting at a new school to relax.

...No use in delaying the inevitable any longer. Akio sits up, rubs his eyes and yawns heavily, then staggers off to the bathroom to splash his face with freezing water. He looks at the sleepy face in the mirror and sighs. He needed coffee. No avoiding the breakfast table then. He finishes cleaning up, gets dressed, grabs the bag he already packed yesterday and walks downstairs, planning to head to school as soon as he's endured breakfast.

[X] Go to School early

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose blinks to the side, catching the Red Cap off guard and cuts him down with one well aimed strike. Red Crown brings down his massive fists again but Ambrose teleports behind him, avoiding the attack with ease. His spellblade flashes as he thrusts at the nearby Red Cap and as he hits a charge of arcane energy spreads through the air. The invisible sphere of warding magic protecting Ambrose from harm turns visible as the charge washes over it, surrounding him in a transparent silvery bubble ready to blunt any attacks that get through his defenses.

Move: Fey Step: Teleport to C17. Eladrin Swordmage Advance: I can make a melee basic attack against an adjacent enemy as a free action.
Free:Melee Basic Attack vs Red Cap (C18) AC: 3d20k1+13+2 30, hit! 1d8+6 13 Damage. Red Cap is slain.
Vanishing Blade: Teleport to B14 as a free action.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Red Crown is Marked for the forseeable future.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Red Cap (C14) AC: 3d20k1+13+2 31, hit! 1d8+6 8 Damage.
Booming Blade & White Lotus Riposte: If the Red Cap is adjacent to me at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+2 thunder damage. If the Red Cap attacks me before the start of my next turn, it takes 4 damage.
Rose King's Shield: I gain 10 THP
Invisibility fades.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 60/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 9/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15

Sword Burst		[X] Fey Step			
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing
Vanishing Blade: Until the end of the encounter, whenever I hit with a melee attack I can teleport 3 squares as a free action.

Cleave (+8 vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d8+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Sukukaja (Range 5, Ally or Self. Ally gains Melee Evasion against Next Attack. Against next Melee, Enemy rolls twice and uses weaker roll.)

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Saturday Morning:
Takashi decides to spend the Saturday morning with family, getting up earlier than usual to finish his workout before anyone else is awake. He proceeds to make a hearty breakfast for them (including sweeter options for his younger cousins), putting the final touches on it as they begin to arrive.

.attak
As the Guardian begins to move away, .attak barks and takes a clumsy snapping bite at it, but catches only air. Luckily, this dog knows a few tricks. Shaking molten spittle from his maw, an intense wave of heat builds around the pup and he vanishes in a puff of sooty smoke.

A ball of lava explodes atop the Guardian's right hand, forming into the barking hero! Tossing the orb at Ataraxia, .attak leaps into the fray. Unfortunately, the orb is coated in (harmless) molten spittle. Gross.

Landing with more force than his weight should impart, .attak slams into Mura so hard that he falls over, while Pohl and Geitar feel themselves sliding backwards away from the shockwave! .attak licks Mura's face, covering his eyes with sticky, flaming slobber!

---
*Reaction (Guardian Move): Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+9 10, swing and a miss
*Free (marked target moved): Blurred Step to AJ -7
*Minor: Orb to Ataraxia
*Move: Athletics: 1d20+7 20 - don't fall to death and move to AK -8
*Standard: Concussive Spike (Aug 2) vs AC (Mura): 1d20+12 30 1d10+8 13 damage
*Free: Black Wrath of Hell (Mura): 1d10 +10 damage
*Black Wrath of Hell - Mura suffers a -4 penalty to hit .attak, save ends
*Concussive Spike (Aug 2) - Close Burst 3 - Mura is knocked prone. Guardian's Hand (if able), Pohl and Geitar are pushed 6 squares, preferring into the abyss by the fasted route (linked map), and granting them a save to fall prone inside the purple zone instead
*Guardian is marked until otherwise noted. Mura is marked UEOMNT
*.attak has Regen 2
*Hostile creatures that begin or end (either, not both) their turn within 3 squares of .attak are pulled 2 and knocked prone

pre:
.attak   						 
Power Points: [2/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)

IRL:

Mortify fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 15, 2016

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Tsukiyo: Doggo sits up quickly and adjusts his position, curling up to lie down again. This time his stubby little tail and butt face you. Before you can pick him up he fades away, leaving behind nothing more than a curly cartoon poop that you half grab before reflexes kick in. You finish the night disappointed, wondering what sort of research efforts it takes to make realistic poop in VR. (Support Hunt is over!)

---

Saturday Morning

Tsukiyo: Your daily discipline and dedication to physical training easily boost your Courage. You're joined today by Grandmother and Genjuro, the three of you following roughly the same warm up routine.

: "Ah, Tsuki. I was wondering if you wanted to invite your friend to dinner next week."

: "Chh. We don't need some pig-smelling girl around here."

: "She will go well with our boar-acting son."

Genjuro loses a bit of composure mid swing.

Takashi: Not the first time you've risen early with good intentions, you expertly make use of the large kitchen to prepare a wonderful breakfast spread. Kaname and Hanamako look pleasantly surprised, though you're sure they might almost be used to how thoughtful you can be, but the warmth in their actions is always genuine. Kaname gives you a good manly pat on the back and Hanamako a little kiss on the forehead.

: "Oh! What a thoughtful young man!" The two catch each other saying the same thing and laugh together.

Kouta shoots you his thanks before departing early and your cousins Chiyo(7), Hinata(9) and Izumi(12) are delighted.

Noriko: You head off early. You've got business to attend to.

: Your Mother stops you at the door. "Ah, Noriko. Be careful, dear. I hear some bad types are running around the neighborhood." She smiles and gives you a warm hug.

... It's one of the few nice things about the morning as you approach the Nishiyama household. The overcast day is a bit chilly for the start of Spring and this old, old-style housing reminds you of things you've seen in history books, like the run down building has survived since the World War 2 and refused to be condemned purely out of spite. A fence full of holes and with crude graffiti swirls barely contains the overgrown weeds of a neglected garden and as you walk across the lumpy stone path to the door, you swear you can hear cats rutting. Probably ferals, given this place... you steel yourself and knock on the front door.

: The door slowly opens after a minute, a suspicious glare greeting you from behind a door chain that isn't undone. "Yes? What is it?"

Akio: You head for Naoki Academy after a cold, silent breakfast. Though your family has picked a nice neighborhood to live in it's still noticeable when you cross over to the Academy grounds, the landscaping taking a step up to the immaculate. Fresh blooms of flowers and trees brighten up the gray skies of the overcast day and rustle gently in the chill winds. The whole thing makes you feel a bit like meditating in nature, but you settle for walking around one of the side paths beneath the trees, around the school's track field. Before you know it... ah, there's a tall fellow and two shorter friends squatting beneath a cherry blossom tree, ruining the ambient beauty of it all by smoking.

: "Hey, snowflake. What the hell are you doing back here?" The three boys straighten up and begin moving forward, their leader giving you a critical glare. "Maybe he brought us something good..." The two goons with him are eyeing your bag!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 31, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(And separating the separate, time-delayed PoVs for ease of reading.)

---

Ancient Ruins Run

(Next Round on Thursday Morning!)

Geitar saves, Pohl doesn't. Pohl flies off the side and into the darkness... he falls back in from the ceiling and lands painfully, taking a Surge(17 HP) in damage! Pohl is Bloodied, as is the Guardin's Left Hand!

Ataraxia passes Light to Tatsumi
Tatsumi Double Moves

: "RASSIN' FRASSIN'... HEY, BIG BOY! PASS THAT LITTLE TART OVER HERE! I'M TIRED A' BEIN' ROOTED!!"

With a mighty heave Mura ends the Grapple on Tsukiyo... by ripping her clear into the sky and dropping her at AI-10! With a vicious cackle Geitar rises from Prone and brandishes both of his axes as he swaps out weapons in a flash... he roars and emits an aura of terror, beating down Tsukiyo with the Rage of a Tyrant, dealing 19 Physical Damage!! And if that wasn't enough, he roars and invokes his Persona, a decaying Zombie seizing and biting her! This deals 2 Physical Damage and Ongoing Necrotic 2(Save Ends!) To finish he blows a Minor to PUSH! Tsukiyo off the ledge she's adjacent to!

Tsukiyo: Roll a Saving Throw. Failure indicates that you fall and "land" within 3 squares of where you are now, taking a Healing Surge's worth of Damage(anything you have that negates fall damage can be used on this.) Pass means you're in the same square, knocked Prone.

Mura struggles to his feet and lets out an angry squeal and snort, steam flying out of his nostrils as he glares down at Takashi! He moves to rake the dog with spiked chains but finds no opening in that armor! Struggling to his feet, Pohl surveys the battleground for a cool moment before simply quipping "Oi... you're too fat, pig."

: "DANGOLDNOGOODRASSINFRASSINDIPPISSLACKINRBGHBRGHRBGRHBGBHR!!!"

Pohl sighs and nods, then settles for tossing a sparking canister to AM-7. It looks ready to blow! (Minor to grab and Minor to toss, Range 8.)

The Guardian advances slightly and its hands recede. It glares down at Takashi again and bathes him in violent eyebeams again! .attak's armor begins to sizzle and smoke from the absorbed heat as he becomes Superheated. He's radiating with the same energy powering the Guardian... and dealing an additional 1d8 Fire Damage on Attacks with it!

Ataraxia runs up to Mura and critically smashes her shield into his gut!!! for 14 Damage! She gains +3 Attack on her next Attack against Mura UEONT! Firing off to the side, Ataraxia fires a crossbow bolt at the Guardian to no affect, merely gaining its attention with her Mark.

Drusilla's power boost fades. Noriko's effects have ended.

Geitar: Damage Taken: 29, AC/F/R/W 18/18/18/17, Immobilized UEONT Nori
d8+6, +9 Atk, +5 Ranged
Rage of the Tyrant(Push as Minor), DR 2
[X] Rage of the Tyrant

Mura: Damage Taken: 41, AC/F/R/W 20/19/13/14, Marked(.attak), Slowed UEONT Nori, -4 Atk UEONT Nori
+10 Atk

Pohl: Bloodied, HP: 29/70, AC/F/R/W 19/16/21/16, Immobilized UEONT Nori, Slowed UEONT Nori
d6+6, +9 Ranged
[X] Disbelief

Guardian
Damage Taken: 38
Marked(Ataraxia), Ongoing 2 Poison(Ata)
+8 Non-Melee

Left Hand: Bloodied, HP: 44/110 | Right Hand: 110/110
+10 Melee

---

Etemenanki(Akio)

An expert display of multi-target threat and an explosive start to the party's burst sees the instructions go through smoothly. The death of the first Red Cap further enrages Red Crown, renewing his existing buff! The rest of the group dedicate some quick attention to dropping AoEs or focusing down the other Caps and putting as much overlap on Red Crown as they can while he blindly lashes at Akio! The first blow comes heavy and hard for a Critical 24 Damage! before the rest can be parried and avoided.

Charlotte's text rings through, a bit quiet for the tense encounter. Bishop calls out shortly afterwards:

: "Bring them together! Finish them!"

You find yourself standing side by side with Charlotte as the two hulking bosses are brought together, both parties moving smoothly to join as one and focus fire the two of them. Dazzling Encounter Powers and Persona Combos go off as the wicked Red Crown and the sinister Drider are torn apart. There is a brief moment of pause(and you receive credit for Bloodying and Reducing a Creature to 0 HP) as the two collapse and struggle to rise.

A dark chortle rises over everything else. The sounds of machinery aligning come together in tense unison, several things suddenly whirring as they focus. A volley of sharp bolts is launched from the North, tearing apart the remains of the two bosses. The ground quakes as something lands, a massive bulbous frog of a man waddling towards the group, his immense girth mixed with taut muscle, scarred warty tissue and a horrible toothless smile, his eyes full of immense curiosity and unmistakable condescension.

Prince Bael'waag, Cruel Lord of the Hunt

: "Such overrrwhelming efforrrts to enterrr my courrrt. Useless verrrrrrrrmin!!" In one hand he carries a massive cleaver twice the size of the tallest man. In the other he holds a wicked multi-headed ballista, but at his side it looks more like "just" a crossbow. "I think I shall crrrrush you... to the last man... and savorrrr... the flesh of the rrrrrrrreckless women." He strides forward, looming over you and Charlotte, his figure occasionally wavering with erratic shifts of energy, where a shimmering blue or radiant gold image of himself briefly steps out of his own frame before snapping back into place.

Bael'waag lunges forward, combat resuming! He raises his cleaver with one hand and swings down at Charlotte! She brings up two regiments of ghostly soldiers bearing a barricade that stops it at the last second, the impact shaking the room again. Charlotte suffers Bael'waag's Mark x1, her Defenses reduced by 4! Bael'waag chuckles and one of his images casts out a trio of mechanical boxes that land to his side and swiftly reassemble themselves, spawning automated sentries in the style of his own crossbow!

: You receive an unvoiced whisper text. "We're doing this live."

You have 5 Melee DPS, 2 Mid-Range Leaders and 4 Ranged DPS. They'll follow your general orders.

Bael'waag
Damage Taken: 0
AC/F/R/W: 27/28/24/30
Attack: +20
Bael'waag's Mark: Reduces all Defenses by 4. Stacks.

Bolters
HP: 1/1+1/1+1/1 (Minion-style)
AC/F/R/W: 20/20/20/20

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 27, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Ah, Miho-chan? Yes, she looks a bit down lately, perhaps it would do good for me to invite her..." She answers back with an awkward smile. Yeah, maybe having her come here would make Miho open up about what she was so taciturn about back in school.

Flagelo

Flagelo's shield runes manage to absorb some of the damage dealt by the barbarian! Before being pushed away from the ledge, she manages to switch her bow back into a sword and slams it onto the ground, rooting her before she's pushed away. "Big mistake freeing me." She says with a tranquil fury before lifting her sword in the air and swinging it down with a massive arc as she redirects the damage taken onto it! It smashes right through the lizardman's shoulder armor as she lifts the weapon and strikes him again on the head. "[Party]HEAL PLEASE."

saving throw: 1d20 11
Free: Quick Swap to Sword mode.
Standard: Melee Basic Attack to Geitar. Activating Lifestealer Greatsword's Daily and a Power Strike! Stone's Wrath procs as well!Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+13 29 2d10+16+3 25 + Stone's Wrath damage: 1d6 3 = Total 28 Damage!
Minor: Sohei Flurry vs AC: 1d20+13 21 1d10+9 18
saving throw (ongoing): 1d20 1

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 21/53(0)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14

Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [x] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[x] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [x] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [x] [x] Power Strike           [x] Lucky Charm

Fate
Warding Flourish

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)

IRL Stats
Rank 2 Courage [+2 +Str/Con Skills]

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 21, 2016

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning - Naoki Academy grounds

Snowflake? Akio stops short and stares blankly at the tall guy. Not this poo poo again. "Hey, chill, alright? It's my first day here at Naoki, I wasn't aware that this was your spot. I'll just keep walking and we don't have to make a big deal out of this yeah?"

He catches the bullies starting at his bag. Looks like they weren't going to just let him leave. God dammit. "You guys often come here way before school starts? Must be very diligent in your scholarly duties. Top of your class I take it? " He tightens his grip on his bag until his knuckles are bone white. "Or maybe you're just afraid mommy is going to catch you smoking? I'm not gonna hand over my stuff freely. Beat me up if you want, I don't care. Of course, if a teacher happens to walk by you'll be in deep poo poo. You ready to risk it?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+2 4

Ambrose

Etemenanki

[Whisper-Charlotte]: "Then let's not disappoint."

Ambrose's spellblade begins to glow white hot and he points it upward, projecting a pillar of light into the sky. The light intensifies as a rapid stream of silver metal droplets shoots out of the blade, travelling in a high arc towards the nearby cluster of bolters. They soon begin to rain down with blazing fury, giving the massive frog boss a good licking in the process.

He notices Charlotte's debuff and quickly places his mark on Bael'waag. Looks like they needed to tank swap? Unless it's some sort of soft enrage. Better to spread out the incoming damage either way.

He takes a look around him. Shouldn't Bishop be calling the shots? gently caress it, no time. "Ranged DPS, get those bolter adds down quick. Melee, focus the boss. Leaders, stay reactive until we know how this guy directs his damage output."

Standard: Argent Rain (Area Burst 1 centered on -E6) vs Bael'waag, 2x Bolters Reflex: 3#3d20k1+10 26, hit. 19, miss. 30, crit! 1d10+6 Bael'waag takes 16 fire damage. One of the bolters takes 27 fire damage from the critical hit.
Argent Rain: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the start of my next turn. Any creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 5 fire damage.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Bael'waag is Marked.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 46/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	24 	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 9/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 	Passive Perception: 15

Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[ ] Shielding Fire
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 22, 2016

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Saturday Morning

(Akio!!! You edited your post ONE MINUTE before I hit Post! :negative:)

Tsukiyo: Genjuro smirks as he gets back into his rhythm.

: "What, is she your only friend? I thought you could do better than that!"

: "She's a nice girl, and manners make the mark of character better than anything else. Invite her over next Thursday, Tsuki."

Akio: The three goons keep advancing, two looming from either side as their leader stares you down!

: "Oh, we got a real funny guy here! Maybe a guy that thinks he's too smart for us! Hah, yeah! I bet you wish any teachers walked by here, huh!" All three of them give a quick glance around and sadly it seems the coast is clear. "Look here you little punk, I'm gonna..."

"Hey, you're really making this morning ugly." A deep male voice rings out from... above?

: A very tall boy climbs down from the cherry blossom tree you found the three loitering beneath. Tall, muscular, spiky hair but a bit composed. He's wearing the uniform jacket but regular clothes, jeans and a cool blue shirt making for a smooth fashion of casual disrespect. He's got an open pack of cigarettes in his t-shirt pocket. "You're my second, Ken. You act this hot-headed and it makes me look bad." The two mooks immediately step aside and the lead boy turns and boys his head slightly. The first thug was taller than you, but this guy is another head taller than him!

: "Hey, this guy's new and he's stomping around this spot."

: "He goes to Naoki, he's under our protection. Long as he shows respect. And he's new. We got a responsibility to uphold for any new guy at Naoki." He shoulders past Ken and stands before you, then grins and offers a hand to shake. "Call me Kunio, new guy. Hey, look. There's some spots in Naoki that are... hmm, real magical. Even if you don't believe in that stuff." He gestures to the left, then to the right as he speaks. "Natural beauty, great weather, beautiful views, all the joy of boys and girls blessed with youth..." He closes his eyes and the wind rustles the cherry blossom trees... Kunio almost looks like a reverent sage. He gestures behind himself, to the tree he climbed. Along the base are carved initials of couples, at least three dozen of them. There are well worn spots of bark along the trunk and the branches where countless hands have climbed.

: "If you climb this tree, you'll understand the beauty of nature."

: "Kunio, he..."

: "Shut up. Come on, give it a try." Kunio steps aside and gives you a reassuring smile. The tree looks like an easy climb(No DC.)

Well, you've certainly got time before class... maybe you won't get thrashed after all.

---

Etemenanki(Akio)

(Crit deals 2 tics of Minion HP damage to the Bolter.)

Argent Rain damages Bael'waag, damages one of the Bolters and destroys the one you crit! Your DPS move into position! Ranged open fire and damage two of the Bolters, destroying one! Melee move up and find it very difficult to maneuver around Bael'waag without triggering his threatened range! They begin attacking and deal respectable damage to him, many blows landing for 41 Damage! (Bishop's Extra Rolls for the Melee/Ranged.) The massive Knight activates a Fighter Stance, emitting a Burst 1 Aura that applies his Weapon Damage to any Enemies Adjacent, piling in an extra 9 Damage on Bael'waag!

Your Mark overrides Charlotte's (unmarked) Aggro and Bael'waag lets out a wicked chortle, one of his images casting out another set of bolters to his other side. The two surviving Bolters open fire and blast Bone Face for a significant bit of damage, missing the Weasel-Looking Doofus trying to run around Bael'waag's wide side. Both are affected by the Mark of Bael'waag and their Defenses are reduced!

Bael'waag cackles and surveys the battlefield for a solid beat... it's the mark of understated dread that he can hold his position without attacking and look for weakness, even as he is being mobbed. His blue after-image melds with his body and he suddenly enters a super-humanly fast rage, leveling his own bolter upon all targets Marked and FIRING!!! Barbed bolts crash into Ambrose, Charlotte and Weasel for 13 Physical and Poison Damage!

With a low cackle Bael'waag tilts his chin up, glaring down the full length of his bulbous chin at Ambrose. "Can you rrrreally stop me, boy?" His massive cleaver rises and crashes into Ambrose full force, dealing 25 Physical Damage! This applies a second stack of Bael'waag's mark, reducing Defenses by 8!

It feels unreal that you could ever stand against a monster like this for even a minute! Suddenly, Two Surges + 12 HP are restored to you as both Healers rush up to reinforce you! Your Runepriest puts up an AoE that grants you DR 2! Charlotte gestures up to Bael'waag as a half-dozen ethereal men fall in to either side of her, drawing up great longbows as tall as they are! They unleash a Silverlight Barrage of arrows in three volleys, each nimbly blocked by the wide blade of the bullywog Prince!

Charlotte's resting scowl tightens a bit and she blows an Action Point, calling upon a Reaper's Challenge to torment Bael'waag. You hear a few of the trials let out impromptu curses as all three of these blows fail, even with Bishop's generous power... and Bael'waag's overwhelming aura wards off the curse!

: "WORRRRTHLESS!"

Bishop's Power fades!

Bael'waag
Damage Taken: 71, Marked(Akio)
AC/F/R/W: 27/28/24/30
Attack: +20 2d10+12, Ranged +17 2d6+9
Frenzy: Bael'waag will fire upon all targets with the highest stacks of Bael'waag's mark.

Bolters
HP: 1/3(-F6) 2/3(-C9)
Attack +7, Applies Bael'waag's Mark

Party
Charlotte: 3/4 (M1)
Bone-Face: 3/4 (M1)
Weasel: 3/4 (M1)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 27, 2017

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Saturday Morning:
Breakfast settled, Takashi gets ready for the day.

.attak
Suddenly suffused with overwhelming heat, .attak looks less like a molten dog and more like an armored supernova! The oppressive heat produces an explosion of flames as the dog barks at Geitar, igniting him, and forcing Mura to take a few steps backward away from the furnace. As the air rushes back in after the explosion, Pohl is pulled towards the epicenter, staggering to keep her footing.

Amazingly, despite being at the center of a bomb going off, .attak's allies are unsinged.

---
*Standard: Concussive Spike vs AC (Geitar): 1d20+14 34 crits - 18 + Crit damage: 1d6 5 + Superheated: 1d8 5 = 28 damage to Geitar
*Concussive Spike (Aug 0) - Mura, who is in the Close Blast 3, is pushed 6 squares away from .attak - directly west (left on map) and into the abyss - entitled to a saving throw to not fall.
*Action Point: Lodestone Lure (Aug 1) vs Will (Pohl): 1d20+14 27 1d8+7 11 damage - inc. Superheated
*Lodestone Lure (Aug 1) - Pohl is pulled 6 squares towards .attak by the most direct path, assuming Mura is out of the way to allow that. Otherwise, she is pulled as close to him as possible. In either event Pohl can only move to squares adjacent to .attak UEOMNT. If she is unable to satisfy this condition, she is unable to move.
*Geitar, Mura and Pohl are marked UEOMNT
*.attak has Regen 2

pre:
.attak   						 
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: [0]
Power Points: [1/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Mind Spike              [ ] Second Wind                 [x] Black Wrath of Hell
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)

IRL:

Mortify fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 22, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
(Saturday Morning)

Noriko freezes for a moment, for some reason she hadn't accounted for this conversation. After a long awkward moment, she rummages around in her bag and offers the shoe she found. "i found this."

Memento-Mori moves up along the walkway, summoning a cadre of ghosts to rip through the attacking players.

Move to AN -4
Standard cast Winged Horde @ AI -9
Winged Horde; Geitar, Mura, Guardian: 2#1d20+11 17 23 1d20+9 10 1d6+2 6 - Hit on Geitar and Mura, they cannot make attacks of opportunity UEONT and each take 6 damage.

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 

Illusory Ambush
                    [ ] Second Wind
Passives:
+1 dam overseer bonus

Charm 1
Courage 0
Academics 1

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 23, 2016

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Doomykins posted:

(Akio!!! You edited your post ONE MINUTE before I hit Post! :negative:)
(You should've known what you got yourself into when you invited the fastest postoleiro in the west to your elfgame, amigo. :clint: Ok, maybe nobody calls me that. Either way, new post has been seamlessly edited in! With an attitude!)

Akio

Saturday Morning - Magic Tree?

"Yeah, the scenery is nice here. I'm Akio."

Akio wasn't sure what to make of Kunio. Grateful that he saved him from getting his rear end kicked, sure, but he was always leery of bullies acting all nice and noble. The odd speech about magic and the beauty of nature threw him off even more. So it's no wonder he finds himself looking at the tree as if it's a trap that's about to snap shut on him as soon as he places his hand on the first branch. He needs to remind himself that it's just a loving tree with a bunch of scratches on it and that they can mess him up whether he's up in it or not, so what does he have to lose really?

"Alright." Akio gives Kunio a nod and approaches the tree. Time to get to know the beauty of nature...

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose clenches his teeth as the cleaver slams into him and brings him to an inch of his life. "Well, I don't see you getting through me yet, frog." Was it dumb to backtalk to an AI? Maybe. As long as the healers could keep it up it would be fine, but the bolter numbers were quickly getting out of hand. They spawned just as Bael'waag switched target, maybe that's the trigger? So much for tank swapping...

There's a brief flash of distress in Ambrose's otherwise cool and calculating eyes as Bael'waag effortlessly shrugs off Charlotte's high level Swordmage power. If she's having trouble then what does that mean for his chances? He makes another attack fully expecting it to get deflected, but instead scores a solid hit! Huh, lucky.

"Ranged, keep focusing those bolters down, with any luck there won't spawn any more. Any melee that can safely disengage from Bael'waag to strike one, do it."

Argent Rain zone of effect ends.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Bael'waag AC: 1d20+13 32, hit! 1d8+6 13 damage.
Rose King's Shield: I gain 5 THP.
Booming Blade & White Lotus Riposte: If Bael'waag is adjacent to me at the start of his next turn and moves away, he takes 1d6+2 thunder damage. If Bael'waag attacks me before the start of my next turn, he takes 4 damage.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 50/60 (THP: 5)	AC:	24 (-8)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 (-8)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (-8)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19 (-8)	Action Points: 0

Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[ ] Shielding Fire
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing
Mark of Bael'waag x2: -8 to all defenses.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Merry Christmas, I got you a new Leader!)

Saturday Morning

Noriko: The woman closes the door immediately. You can hear two chains being undone before the door opens again!

: "My, my! What an honest young woman!" She eagerly strides forward and seizes the shoe. She looks like she crossed the point of middle age long ago and is making a steady trek to elderly. This spindly, needle-elbowed obasan has her hair done up in an ooooolllddd style and is wearing a gray casual dress that might be older than she is. Very conservative. She looks you up and down from head to toe and smirks slyly. "As hard as we work to buy good shoes for Hiroki so he can lose them, you understand that money is tight... I'm sure my thanks is reward enough!"

Tsukiyo: Heading into school a bit early, you spot Miho waiting by the front gate, using one side of the front arch to shield her back. She waves excitedly when she spots you and walks over to meet you.

: "Good Morning, Tsukiyo!" Her uniform, bag and hair are covered in fresh dirt.

Itsumi: It took your family longer than expected to finish the move but you're finally here! They traded down to an affordable house for your large family(mom, dad, two younger brothers and recently, Grandma!) but in the move they ended up in the districting for the prestigious Naoki Academy! Your High School legend will truly begin in style! And there's some relief as it kept you with most of your friends, including your best friend, Kusumoto Madoka. Madoka is really important to you... she's a really tall girl and pretty fearless! A little unkempt at times, pretty rough around the edges, but she doesn't need to look charming, you do! Madoka makes excellent muscle.

The two of you have come to Naoki early to look around and have ended up in one of the gym-side locker rooms, idling around near the showers. You've finished showering and redressing and even cased the joint for any loose items, remembering your father's timeless wisdom about "forgotten" toiletries. Your new shampoo gives your hair a pleasant little mint smell.

: "Hey, Itsumi. Pass me a towel?" Having spent more time in an early morning workout than looking around, Madoka has started bathing in one of the open air stalls. She rests her arms atop the wall divide and looks to you expectantly.

Akio: You ascend the cherry blossom tree, finding the old branches to be very sturdy. They easily handle your weight as you climb several feet off the ground and vanish into a pink haze of leaves, following Kunio's path. Suddenly the pink leaves pull away and you're perched on a sturdy branch, your hand grabbing at a small spot without bark. The leaves on the branch you're on sway downwards and the branches above you are spread out, giving you a clear view straight ahead towards the building you're next to. A small rectangular window barely a foot or two across is set every 10 feet, tilted open to welcome in the spring breeze.

You see the true beauty of nature, one of the windows giving you a perfect gaze into a shower stall where a statuesque girl stands, leaning on the nearby wall divider and looking off to the side. A fit and toned body with long black hair down to her back, but still a good view of... hips...

... When you descend, Kunio and his boys are chuckling quietly. Kunio puts one hand to his chin, index finger and thumb swiping across his stubble as he affects the look of a man in deep thought. He does a slow sweep with his other hand, palm out.

: "I trust you saw the beauty of a Naoki sunrise, even with the clouds out..." He grins stupidly. "You've entered into a man's trust, Akio!"

Takashi: At the front door you hear somebody quickly running down the stairs, Izumi nearly tripping down the last three and hugging your side to avoid a fall.

: "Onii-chan!" She straightens herself up and beams up at you, looking a bit out of place in such a prim and proper school uniform. "Onii-chan, can you help me tutor Chiyo and Hina this week?" She clasps her hands together and looks ever so hopeful.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 27, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

---

Ancient Ruins Run

Mura falls Prone and remains on solid ground!(Save Success) Tsukiyo's amazing nova and .attak's superheated assault blast Geitar to Bloodied and then to the KO! ... But he remains standing, raising his blades and screaming in super primal fury!

Tatsumi acts fast and shotguns a heal into Tsukiyo(Surge + 2!) moments before Geitar strikes! Geitar's massive blow flies at Tsukiyo from above before he executes a daring duck, sweeping at her legs... but he comes up short due to .attak's mark! The burning auras criss-crossing the battlefield mar his aim at the last second!

: "Quit loving around and pick them off!" Pohl is magnetically drawn to a wedge between Mura, Geitar and Tsukiyo. He frowns and tries to backdash, only to be rooted in place! "OH MY GOD! loving TANK!" Pohl sweeps his pistols across the two tanks and does nothing more than add fresh dents to their armor. Frustrated, he Action Points and levels both pistols directly at Tsukiyo's face ... She's able to parry the sudden discharge, completely neutering his assault!

Mura roars and starts beating his chest as he stands up, rotating his wrists quickly to wad up a bit mass of chain and brings it down like a ten ton weight on .attak and Ataraxia! Though Ataraxia is able to evade it, .attak is Rooted USONT(Mura) and suffers 14 Physical Damage!

Tatsumi runs up to keep the lit tiles thick in the fray and he grabs the grenade Pohl tossed, sweating nervously and wiping his head with the same hand before stuttering, yammering and flinging it at the Guardian, where it detonates and blasts the big brute! No pushback, though... Ataraxia is parried by Mura and the Guardian suddenly steps up and ANNIHILATES the tiles the main melee is taking place on! It blasts .attak, Ataraxia and Tatsumi back and deals a Critical 23 Physical Damage to them all!

Superheated persists for .attak and Ataraxia's Mark remains on the Guardian!

Geitar: Dying, Bloodied, HP: -4/87, AC/F/R/W 18/18/18/17, Marked(.attak), No OAs UEONT(Noriko)
d8+6, +9 Atk, +5 Ranged
Rage of the Tyrant(Push as Minor), DR 2
[X] Rage of the Tyrant
Undying: Conscious until negative Bloodied value or 3 Rounds pass.

Mura: Bloodied, HP: 43/90, AC/F/R/W 20/19/13/14, Marked(.attak)
d12+8, +10 Atk

Pohl: Bloodied, HP: 18/70, AC/F/R/W 19/16/21/16, Marked(.attak), No OAs UEONT(Noriko)
d6+6, +9 Ranged
[X] Disbelief
[X] Double Shot [X] Scattering Volley [X] Excruciating Shot

Ataraxia: HP: 26/49 AC/F/R/W: 22/20/16/15

Guardian
Damage Taken: 54
Marked(Ataraxia), Ongoing 2 Poison(Ata)
+8 Non-Melee

Left Hand: Bloodied, HP: 44/110 | Right Hand: 110/110
+10 Melee

---

Etemenanki

Blade meeting Bael'waag's hide, you stab clear into his stomach and yield a growling howl of rage from the great Bully! Your DPS spread out and make a few Shifts to evade Bael'waag's reach, smashing down a few of the Bolters and damaging several others. Bael'waag roars in fury and levels his bolter dead ahead, firing directly into Ambrose's chest! He deals a Reduced 14 Damage! and roars in frustration! The surviving Bolters turn and open fire upon your allies but the bolts fly wide, easily dodged!

Things are looking good! Charlotte steps up to Bael'waag as he raises his great cleaver and Marks him, taking his next attack! The great frog takes his cleaver in both hands and levels it flat side down, bashing Charlotte! The blow causes the entire area to quake and craters the ground beneath her by a foot, rattling the bones in your own body! His Mark rises to 2 on Charlotte! Charlotte looks up at him with great disdain despite the fresh Bloodied drenching her in new reds. A very formal and quiet woman's voice cuts through the fray as she invokes: "Persona."

The temporary manifestation of the Serpent of Ocean's Currents draws stunned looks from all of the trials as a great image of a colossal construct made of raging sea and glittering gold appears above Charlotte, the focus at the "face' of it discharging a magnificent blast of pure force into Bael'waag! The pure ice briefly entombs the giant frog before shattering, his skin turning a deathly blue as he exhales out a significant portion of his blue and gold essence. A massive WEAKNESS!!! tag erupts above Bael'waag's name plate, drawing cheers from the group. By sheer size and stature, Bael'waag refuses to fall Prone and is in fact Immune to it! The damage is amplified all the same... and he is Enervated, all of his Defenses Halved USONT! Charlotte follows up by activating the Stance of Arcane Deflection, taking her sword up in both hands and spearing Bael'waag's stomach opposite from where you did! She stands ready to help guard you!

: "Weakness determined! Great job, Charlotte! POP ALL COOLDOWNS!" Bishop imbues the entire raid with Meticulous Preparation, converting everyone's Next Attack to Pure Ice Damage!

But... the Weasel in the back... moves around to Bael'waag's flank, clearing the great divide to the great Fey! He lets out a snide little chuckle over all-chat. "Time to get the KB..." He applies his own Mark to Bael'waag, overwriting Charlotte's! Then he chuckles and lays into the big frog with a little sneak-attack!

Bael'waag
Damage Taken: 161, Marked(Charlotte) -> Marked(Weasel)
AC/F/R/W: 27/28/24/30 14/14/12/15
Frenzy: Bael'waag will fire upon all targets with the highest stacks of Bael'waag's mark.
Weakness: Ice

Bolters
HP: 1/3(-F0), 2/3(-F1), 2/3(-G2)

Party
Charlotte: 2/4 (M1)
Bone-Face: 3/4 (M1)
Weasel: 3/4 (M1)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 27, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

"...yikes" Mori remarks cooly as the massive hand slaps down in front of her. She takes a step back, rolling her orb across the tips of her fingers as she maintains the assault of her winged horde on the attacking players:

Move: Shift to AN -3
Winged Horde; Geitar, Mura, Pohl: 2#1d20+11 27 14 1d20+9 20 1d6+2 8 (no AOO until end of my next turn)

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 

One with Shadow     [X] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           
Illusory Ambush
                    [X] Orb of Nimble Thought
                    [ ] Second Wind
Passives:
+1 dam overseer bonus

Charm 1
Courage 0
Academics 1

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 28, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Hm? Did something happen, Miho-san?" Tsukiyo says as she tries to diligently brush away the dirt from her friend's hair and bag with her bare hands. "Hmph. Yeah, that's better."

Flagelo

"It's over, pipsqueak." Flagelo grunts as she at first slams her sword at Pohl's pistols, making him shoot at the floor before she raises the weapon again and vertically bisects the catboy's avatar. "One done, time for the next two!" She says with a devilish grin before doing a tactical backstep to get Geitar between her and the guardian.

Standard: Attacking Pohl. Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+13 24 1d10+16 18 Drops her and I get 6 THP!
Move: Shift to where Pohl was.

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 36/53(6)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 8/11 (V: 13)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14

Fate
Warding Flourish

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)

IRL Stats

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Saturday Morning - Magic Tree!

Oh... Of course. The true beauty of nature. Kunio's cryptic words all made perfect sense now, not that Akio's thoughts lingered on them for very long, faced with the tantalizing view right in front of him... Oh this was just wrong. He could feel his face turning crimson. The embarrassment he felt was well beyond any he had experienced in a very long time, he really needed to avert his eyes from the captivating beauty's... shapely... shapes...

Ack! Enough! Akio snaps himself out of his mesmerized state and clumsily begins scrambling down the tree in a way that's more akin to falling than climbing down and soon finds himself back in the presence of the pervert sage and his brutish disciples.

Edit: Stealth: 1d20+4 16

A man's trust? Great. Just the sort of person he wanted to get involved with right out of the gate. "Uh, yeah. I suppose we share a secret now." And judging by the extensive wear on the tree, a time-honored Naoki tradition.

"Well, I better get going. I still haven't figured out where my homeroom is."

Ambrose

Etemenanki

Ambrose scowls past Bael'waag as the boss starts to turn to face the sudden third tank. What's that clown up to? KB? Who gives a poo poo about that, this was a team effort. And not just any team either, it was ORDER. He's going to be so pissed if Weasel's stunt ruins his chances to get in. Akio keys up and tells him off. "Stop screwing around, weasel-guy. You're messing up the execution. If you try to mark him again I'll make sure to deny your KB."

A bright blue flame erupts around Ambrose's spellblade as he turns his attention back to the giant frog. With Charlotte at his side ready to defend him he need not fear Bael'waag's punishing blows any longer. Time to land the big mark. He slashes with his blade through the air, launching the bright blue flame of burning ice straight at Bael'waag, chilling him to the core. As it washes over him the frozen fire persists and forms a circle around the beast, making it abundantly clear that attacking anyone but Ambrose was a terrible idea. But Ambrose is not done yet. "Persona!" he calls out, summoning Valkyrie who leaps at the frog with her swords held high and sticks them deep into the bulbous flesh of Bael'waag. Certainly not as impressive as Charlotte's move, but there was no way he could compete with that.

Bael'waag takes 4 damage on his turn from attacking me.
Standard: Swordmage Shielding Fire vs Bael'waag Fortitude: 1d20+10+2 15, hits. 2d10+4 18*120% = 22 Ice damage!
Shielding Fire: Bael'waag is Marked until the end of the encounter. Whenever I use Aegis of Shielding to reduce the damage he deals he takes fire (ice?) damage equal to the damage prevented.
Fortune: Cleave (Valkyrie) vs Bael'waag AC: 1d20+8+2 30, crit! 1d8+1 9*120% 11 Ice damage!
If Weasel tries to mark again I'd like to cast Dimensional Vortex on him to stick him next to the bolters at -F0 if possible. It's not something that can usually be cast on allies though, but gently caress that guy.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 41/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	24 (-8)	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/10 (V: 15)	Fort:	16 (-8)	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18 (-8)	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	19 (-8)	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 0

Booming Blade		[X] Argent Rain			[X] Shielding Fire
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives

Ongoing
Mark of Bael'waag x2: -8 to all defenses.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 28, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

"Sure!" Itsumi says, grabbing a towel from the bench beside her and tossing it to her. Then something catches her eye from outside. She takes a quick look but doesn't get a good look. "Huh... what was that?" she whispers to herself. "Oh well, must've been a raccoon or something." She turns to Madoko, urgently saying, "Now hurry up Madoko-chan! We don't want to be late!" She takes a seat to wait for Madoko to finish before leaving for class.

Perception: 1d20+3 11

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Saturday Morning:
Takashi beams back at Izumi, "Of course I will, Izumi-chan. As long as I don't have track practice that day, I'll make time for it. What subject do Chiyo and Hina need help with now?" Takashi accompanies her out of the house and towards school, "How are you liking the school year so far? No one is picking on my favorite cousin are they?"

.attak
After enduring a great deal of punishment, a lot of dogs would slink away with their tail between their legs to lick their wounds.

But not this dog.

Cinders begin to rise around the pup, aloft on currents of swirling fire. Rearing back, he howls loud enough to wake the dead, and just so a ghostly hermit maiden appears atop the wardog, clutching her makeshift steed for dear (un)life. The hound, glowing with purpose, charges forward directly atop the outstretched Guardian's hand! Using the makeshift bridge, he barrels into Mura so swiftly that a wave of crackling heat bursts between them, charring the hog's flesh. Without a second wasted, .attak takes a huge bite out of Mura, snapping viciously at recently tenderized flesh, even as the maiden alights her touch upon the battered porker, sapping a piece of his soul before disappearing in a mist that sizzles as it settles atop the molten beast.

---
*Reaction: Persistent Harrier vs AC (Mura): 1d20+14 32 hits 1d10+8 11 damage
*Superheated 1 (Mura): 1d8 7 damage
*Teleport to: AL-9 - Yep, on top of the hand
*Free: Mark of the Vigilante (Mura): 1d10 9 damage
*Standard: Living Fortress vs AC (Mura): 1d20+14 28 hits 3d10+8 19 damage
*Superheated 2 (Mura): 1d8 3 damage
*Living Fortress - Until EOE .attak, and any ally adjacent, is considered to have Cover from all attacks (-2 to hit, in addition to any other modifier).
*Persona: Evil Touch vs Will (Mura): 1d20+12 31 1d6+3 6 damage
*Total 55 damage to Mura, should crater him
*.attak has Regen 2

pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 24/59 (THP: 0)       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: [0]
Power Points: [1/4]      Fortune Points: [0/2]

Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [x] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [x] Mark of the Vigilante       [x] Diabolic Transformation
Mind Spike              [ ] Second Wind                 [x] Black Wrath of Hell
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)

IRL:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
(Saturday Morning)

"i wasn't hoping for a reward." she shrugs, searching her brain for a direction to take this. "...there's been a little vandalism in the area. I don't think he's involved, but could you tell me anything about his friend group? i'd like to get to the bottom of it, I would hate to see anybody get into trouble over childhood indiscretion." She tries to be polite and helpful sounding but just ends up coming across as cold.

diplomacy: 1d20+12 15

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Saturday Morning

Takashi: : "Uhm, no! No, Takashi! School is great!" Izumi looks away for a moment, then gets back to something she doesn't feel self-conscious about and smiles. "I think we could all use a little refresher on math..." The concern for her sisters reminds you of Oba...

The two of you split up and head to your respective schools. Passing by Naoki, you notice some tough looking guys squatting in a nature trail near the side of the school. No time to help them better their lives though, class is about to start.

Tsukiyo: : Red-faced, Miho blurts out suddenly. "I told you it's nothing!" She shoos your hand away and frowns, looking away. "I'm fine, Tsukiyo." You don't get much chance to press as class is about to start.

Noriko: The madam looks scandalized!

: "Hiroki is an angel! You should think before you say such awful things!" Despite your own self-perceived awkwardness, you've got a bit of a knack for talking respectfully to adults. Her stern expression softens a bit and suddenly lights up with an A-ha, punctuated by her waggling a finger in your face. "What you need to do is talk to that lovely little Maruyama boy! He's a bad influence, that he is!" She seems to be irritated by the conversation and shoos you away. "Hmph. Thank you for your honesty... this time..." And she shuts the door, the predictable redoing of the locks following.

You've got another piece of the puzzle and you get the feeling that Hiroki probably isn't really an angel. But you'll be late if you don't head to school soon.

Itsumi: : "Thanks!" She begins to dry off, having just finished. It is a bit charming how the toughest person you know is so... modest. She works at drying her great mane of hair with the towel, head tilted and expression quizzical as you talk about wildlife. "Oh my God, don't even joke. I'd die if anybody saw me like this!" After finishing up and getting dressed, Madoka joins you in the walk to class. "You'll like this, the teachers are pretty relaxed. ... And there's a reaaaaaal easy mark for you." As you step into the class Madoka gives you a subtle wink and nod towards Mitsugu Ryuka, a very short girl who would look like she came to the wrong school if not for her properly fitted uniform and familiarity with the class. You'll have to get more details later, class is about to start... and you're guessing that your information man Futoshi has a different homeroom, since you don't see him at all.

Akio: : "Relax. As a graduating senior this year, I know everything about Naoki!" He pats you on the back and actually helps you get to class without any nonsense. You even feel a few odd looks and some conversation crop up as the two of you saunter through the halls together(+1 Charm.)

At the door to home room Kunio gives you a casual "Later, Akio." and heads off. Looking inside you feel an immediate need to be on your toes... the shapely tall girl from earlier is in your class!

(I thought it'd be interesting to share the original art I cropped portraits from in some cases. I think it gives a good look at the character even if the pictures themselves aren't entirely appropriate character shots. Madoka probably isn't flashing Akio as he enters and Mister Matsubara doesn't actually teach shirtless!)

---

Saturday Homeroom

Keeping the class in an eternal limbo based on whether or not you'll be caught arriving late, Mister Matsubara shows up a mere minute after bell. It seems the entire class has learned to be on time!

: "Looks like this is quite the busy year. We've got two new students joining us today. Kasaya Itsumi and Yamamura Akio." The muscle-bound bear of a man looks partly proper in his perfectly crisp dress shirt and slacks and partly awful with his nearly exhausted cigarette hanging off his lips. He uses an ash tray on his desk to give it a respectful burial and gestures to the front of his desk, inviting Akio and Itsumi to introduce themselves to the class.

(A brief pause to let you guys wrap up the morning scenes and maybe chat to the newbies a bit, I'll update again by Tuesday Night with the move to Lunch-time.)

---

Ancient Ruins Run

Ataraxia winces as she ignites and becomes Superheated, taking damage from it that she doesn't have the Resists to cover! She wheezes out a "Taunt, plz..." but holds her ground as Pohl and Mura drop, leaving a severely outnumbered Geitar on a strict timer. As the lot of you face him down and wait for the next strike from the Guardian, Geitar breaks into a maniacal laugh. All you really need to do it bring one of his pals to the altar or time out his mad last stand...

: "You lot think you're right smart, don't you?!" His own blood coats his face and mingles with his eyes, the immense strain of his rage giving it all a shocking red on red look. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU LOST THE SECOND YOU JOINED THIS MAP!" With a grand gesture he raises a blade to the Guardian, which matches the action by raising the same hand to the sky. "Don't you get it?! THIS IS MY MINDSCAPE!" The Guardian brings a tile shattering blow down and then goes on a rampage, exercising its movement actions and burning an AP to move even more! It effortlessly passes through multiple tiles, hounding and chasing your group towards the only solid ground left! In the chaos Mura and Pohl fall into the abyss and despawn entirely...

Geitar pops a quick Admin debug and teleports to the top of the Guardian's head, taking up his blades and guiding the rampage as he draws your group to the last bit of battlefield left.

: "No hard feelings, yeah!? You can see why I wouldn't set up a game I can lose!"

The Guardian charges up a truly ridiculous amount of volcanic energy and unleashes it from the mouth and eyes, bathing everything in a two-tile wide straight line in fiery death! ... You feel like Geitar has done this before, as he's only left such a bit of geography intact, leading up to the altar.

When the wave of red and orange clears, you see a refreshing burst of... static?... and a set of thin red lines extending from the party's chests, left side, over the pec. They're connected to Ataraxia's back, who has swapped every weapon she was holding for a set of four thick tower shields, forming a personal phalanx as she activates Last Stand : No Ally can be reduced below 1 HP USONT. The static and strings fade and the tiny shield wall stands resolute, the super-heated ant burning within.

: "BAKANA!!!!" The whites of his eyes bug out and blast some of the blood off, restoring color.

: "Geitar..." Without filter, Ataraxia speaks in her lower mature woman's voice. "Do you know what happens to a cake if it sits until New Years?"

: "N-N-N-NANI?!?!" Sweat pours down his brows! And true crocodile tears down his eyes!

: "It hardens."

Geitar is exposed! He bleeds out a Surge Value due to his Death Timer! The Guardian stands inert as it recharges and is open terrain! Finish this battle!

Geitar: HP Left: 18. AC/F/R/W: 0/0/0/0

---

Etemenanki

Predictably enough, Weasel tries to override your Mark. You toss him into the corner and hear an irate "NYEH HEYYYYYY!!!" shouted over group mic. Laughter follows from many of the regulars.

The rest of the group follows the call and pours damage into Bael'waag after Ambrose unleashes a great spike of burst damage, pushing Bael'waag to 196 Damage Taken! The next few blows push him over 200 and reveal his Bloodied! and HP value and he is blasted down to 99/400 HP! Your group can feel victory coming! A great rumbling passes over the whole of the temple as Bael'waag quakes in place, his great bolter and cleaver held steady in a vice-like death grip.

: "Is this it then... you think you've won?" His frown is too immense for words, forced to contain his anger without the benefit of being able to grind teeth. His hulking frame swells a few inches more, some great power within him building up. He casts his personal bolter aside and his twin images cackle as they produce more bolters made in the original's image. The Bolters from last round open fire, damaging and marking Weasel.

Gripping his cleaver in both hands, Bael'waag's images coalesce, wavering in back and forth until they line up with Bael'waag's figure and vanish entirely, his body framed in a blood red aura that extends to his blade. He growls one word, everything dead silent as the fight music cuts out.

: "Perrrrrrish!" In an impossible burst of speed Bael'waag shifts across the battle field, slamming his cleaver into everyone who has received at least one of his Marks! As Bael'waag's cleaver rockets towards you, Ambrose, Charlotte steps in and deflects it, sparing you the damage! She has to raise her blade with both hands and is reinforced by several of her ethereal soldiers who are knocked down and fade away with the blow.

Delivering the final blow, Bael'waag has returned to where he stood before, looming over Amborse and Charlotte. His eyes twitch to see you still alive and with an impetuous roar Bael'waag goes into a blind rage, frothing at the mouth! He swings blindly at Ambrose, abandoning all pretense of martial technique! His blind power seeks to crush you outright! Charlotte parries one of the Critical strikes but is unable to match the mad frog's pace as he carves into Ambrose for 30 Physical Damage! (Aura reduces by 2!) Ambrose gains a 3rd Mark of Bael'waag!

Charlotte pops a utility power to gain some Temp HP and Defenses and types a stern whisper to Ambrose: "I have to Taunt next." Leaders offer up some surges to help patch up Charlotte, Bone-Face and Ambrose(Surge + 6!) Bishop's power fades from the entire group. You seem to be in dire straits. Bael'waag's fury (and turn ending) cause the Ennervate effect to fade away. However, it seems Bael'waag's anger has ruined his cautious approach... his Defenses have dropped(-4).

Bael'waag
HP: 99/400, Marked(Ambrose), Bloodied
AC/F/R/W: 23/24/20/26
Rage: Strikes all targets with Bael'waag's mark. Recharge: [X]
Weakness: Ice

Bolters
HP: 1/3(-F0), 2/3(-F1), 2/3(-G2)

Party
Charlotte: T: 1 1/4 -> 2/4 (M2)
Bone-Face: 2/4 -> 3/4 (M1)
Weasel: 1/4 (M2)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 27, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Noriko flips through her library of pre-built animation macros for a good attack. Satisfied, she selects it off the list, only to realize she misclicked. She groans.

Suddenly, a ring of jack in the boxes spring to life around Geitar, the handles twisting and turning to an off-key and rather creepy tune. They circle him, growing ever closer, until all at once the lids spring open... and a mechanical boxing glove springs from a single one, slamming Geitar right in his scaled stomach.

Illusory Ambush vs Will: 1d20+11 12 1d6+6 11

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 

One with Shadow     [X] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           
Illusory Ambush
                    [X] Orb of Nimble Thought
                    [ ] Second Wind
Passives:
+1 dam overseer bonus

Charm 1
Courage 0
Academics 1

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 2, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Eh, why are you blus-Oh!" The school bell! Tsukiyo quickly picks on Miho's hand and rushes towards the school.

Flagelo

"Your mindscape, you say?" Flagelo says as she calmly sheathes her sword and enters an unsheathing position. Unfazed by the raging inferno around her and the giant guardian, she stay motionless as Ataraxia's shield starts to dissipate once it protects the party. "Then I shall wonder what will happen to your brain once I do this." She does a quick motion with her blade, before turning her back on Geitar and the guardian. "This is a nameless slash." She says as the guardian's head starts to wobble, and a gigantic cut mark appears on its neck before the head, and Geitar, fall into the abyss below. "Job's done."

Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+13 28 1d10+14 17

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 36/53(6)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 8/11 (V: 13)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14

Fate
Warding Flourish

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)

IRL Stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi is a slender, sllightly taller than average girl with brown hair and bright green eyes. She's also probably the friendliest person you'll meet at Naoki Academy.

Before class, Itsumi confidently stands up in front of the room and introduces herself in a bubbly, but strong tone, "Hi everyone~! I'm Kasaya Itsumi! My family just moved into the district for this school and I'm soooo glad to be here so I can get to know you all! I'd love to meet everyone after class!"

Itsumi attentively sits through class, taking notes and doing her best to keep up. She may not be the smartest girl, but she puts in more effort than anyone to be the best. After class, she waits for people to come up to introduce themselves, greeting everyone who comes over with a giant smile and positively upbeat voice, standing next to Madoka in the process. As people start to head out, she tugs on Madoka's arm, bidding her to follow. She slides up with Madoka beside Ryuka, who didn't approach her to introduce herself, as she's preparing to leave the room. "Hi there! I'm sure you heard, but I'm Kasaya Itsumi, and this is my friend Kusumoto Madoka! What's your name?" she asks, taking a softer, more friendly (but still upbeat!) tone of voice.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 4, 2017