Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I was uh....rather bored and feeling festive, so have some holiday themed MP stamps, featuring very lazy photoshop work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
OP, can we add these to the first post? Please? So they don't disappear?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If anyone has the editing chops to make it Mistletoe Opportunity....

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Barreled through Gilgamesh U+ and Apoc. Very fun fight, and it makes me very glad that I got Fang's BSB, because it lets AoE Wind get extra damage in on Captain Meat-Wall Gilgamesh. My U+ team had a fully kitted Cloud (EnWind+OSB), add onto that a Tornado Striking Bartz and my Fang, and it fell quickly. The 200 level, my team had difficulties, most of which could have been avoided if the leader using Tyro actually had SG. But the fellow was nice enough to burn a mythril/100 gems to restart with a defense buff, and the OK/Relm user was on the friggin' ball with Curaises and Last Stand renewals. Almost wish I had pulled for Relm's BSB, because Last Stand is going to be drat handy in future fights.

Edit - Here's a reminder that Gysahl Shop rewards change out tomorrow, including 3* motes, so get on those if you want'em.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 20, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We probably should have brought Shellga, I just swapped because I saw it on your loadout and it's not like the UI updates properly.
I do like Relm's BSB, though, as long as they didn't instantly follow up with a 1000 Needles or something the instant Curaga is aces after Curaise.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

kalensc posted:

If anyone has the editing chops to make it Mistletoe Opportunity....

I mean, do you really need it spelled out?

Either way it owns. All of those own.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

We were basically engaged in a damage race after an unlucky Zantetsuken killed both Fang and Ramza. At least we were self-sufficient on buffs, so bringing down the last 50% of Gilgamesh's health bar was mostly an exercise in patience for the BSBs to keep firing and for the counterattacks to build up. When you really need it, Drawtaliate-in-a-can can bring some hefty returns. (I'm the person with Leon/Ovelia, so I just focused on dumping dark damage and healing.)

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Hogama posted:

We probably should have brought Shellga, I just swapped because I saw it on your loadout and it's not like the UI updates properly.
I do like Relm's BSB, though, as long as they didn't instantly follow up with a 1000 Needles or something the instant Curaga is aces after Curaise.

Oh snap, I didn't realize you were a goon! Hella great healing. At the end of the first bout, I should've targeted you with my Curaise, but we were pretty much blown anyway. Every time your Relm got hit with Death Claw, I was going "ohcrapohcrapdon'tproc," but thankfully it never did.

I really hate how the UI doesn't update, because I wanna say you had Shellga and the leader's Vanille had Holy, so I automatically went with Protectga, but he swapped Holy out anyway. Shellga would've definitely helped, but your Last Stands got us through the thick of it. It also helped that our fourth's Faris started going after Enkidu with his BSB during round two.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Are any of the five star monk abilities worth making/honing?

I have Tifa's enearth bsb if it matters for meteor crush

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Gilgamesh Apocalypse down. Fun fight when you get in a good group. That's the pain in the rear end of it all. But once you do get in a good group it's a blast.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

FIres Within and Meteor Crush are reportedly good for hitting weaknesses or otherwise accepting elemental buffs. So with Tifa's enearth BSB, go to town with the latter.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

Are any of the five star monk abilities worth making/honing?

I have Tifa's enearth bsb if it matters for meteor crush

Meteor Crush is good damage, plus it means you can slot Tifa into mage teams and let her be self-sufficient since it gives a +50% Boost, same as Shout.

Fires Within is a flat 25% MaxHP heal, so it's useful for keeping a punchman topped off, but Fire is pretty commonly resisted/absorbed (but also pretty common as a weakness).

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Gilgamesh multiplayer got me in the mood for more Record Keeper, so I'm playing catch-up with Nightmare fights (last one completed was Kaiser Dragon).

Curada Nightmare - I totally get the hate for playing this the legitimate way. That hot potato poo poo is bloody annoying, and I really wish I'd just gone full ham with Ninja/Summons. That said, Selphie's BSB came in surprisingly handy for blowing poo poo up towards the end, when I finally said "gently caress it" and started going full tilt with Moonstone Command/Diagas.

Affliction Break - Failed twice now, this guy is kind of a dick. The gimmick, I can easily work around with Setzer's Prismatic Flash, but just getting Record characters with decent damage output is quite difficult. I have plenty of buff SBs, but damage-dealing ones are....well, Setzer's it. I'll probably have to egg up Tidus and try to bring the rain with his BSB, because that's about as damaging as I get currently. (C'mon, OSB Banner 1, no whammies!)

Dervish - Didn't try yet, but from everyone chiming in, he's a chump. Not worried about it .

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
So now that we have the real mp battles, what kind of pattern do they follow? Are they gone forever like regular events after they end, or do they return like mote/nightmare dungeons? How often will we get new ones? With each event?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

flowinprose posted:

So now that we have the real mp battles, what kind of pattern do they follow? Are they gone forever like regular events after they end, or do they return like mote/nightmare dungeons? How often will we get new ones? With each event?

They're limited, but they last quite a while; I think Gilgamesh is until the 10th of January.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

flowinprose posted:

So now that we have the real mp battles, what kind of pattern do they follow. Are they gone forever like regular events after they end, or do they return like mote/nightmare dungeons? How often will we get new ones? With each event?

At the start of every event, one raid boss will open with two easy stages (like the easier bosses from the beta waves). Then, usually one day after the Ultimate battles drop, the Ultimate/Apocalypse boss drops. Both bosses will go away as soon as the event ends (ie, when the following event's Ultimate battles start).

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

That said, the true utility of Fires Within lies in being a great place to dump any excess of White/Fire orbs for those in the awkward position of needing to grind Major Dark Orbs in the Orbfest...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So if I'm reading this correctly, it looks like they flipped the order of the events (9, then 13) following the Alphinaud/Minfilia event. Why would they do that? So that we have an event's worth of Mythril and enough time to get a dungeon update and other event in before the highly coveted Cid Raines BSB is gone. Apparently Global is slightly conscientious of our spending.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alxprit posted:

So if I'm reading this correctly, it looks like they flipped the order of the events (9, then 13) following the Alphinaud/Minfilia event. Why would they do that? So that we have an event's worth of Mythril and enough time to get a dungeon update and other event in before the highly coveted Cid Raines BSB is gone. Apparently Global is slightly conscientious of our spending.

They didn't, it's still 13 > 9.

And even if they did flip it, it's actually to our advantage, so that the IX relics will likely be in the next DU.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Can I get an opinion?

I'm about to solo apoc gilgamesh, I got him down to 1/5 of his hp before i sputtered out. Faris died early on, but I figure that I don't need that aoe ATK breakdown on her. I was going to swap with mug bloodlust, and I feel that r1 isn't going to cut it. My only way of getting r2 is to shatter sky high. It's only r1, and luneth can put it to use i guess, but he has his bsb and SSB already. Currently I'm using lifesiphon and aerora strike on him. Has anyone else beaten him solo? I haven't even tried playing multiplayer.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
my opinion is dont solo it

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Solo is 5 people + 2 RW uses, multi is 8 people. It's really no question if you're stuck, solo is an extra challenge mode.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Krile's BSB from the 100 gem :aaa: I wasn't going to do a full pull on this one because my 5 synergy is good already, so it's nice to get a big prize from the single pull. This also makes me feel good about honing Chain Firaga.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
Okay. I really want to take down at least the VII U/U+ fights to get my first MC3, but this spider's giving me fits. Here's what I have available to work with (or can be force-fed omelettes to participate):

Healing:
Aerith (White Materia)
Penelo (Intercession)
Y'shtola (Aetherial Pulse)
Eiko (Emerald Light)
Vanille (Oerba's Boon)

Support:
Red XIII (Protector's Roar, Lunatic High)
Fran (Mist Overload)

DD:
Locke (Mirage Phoenix, Valiant Strike)
Sephiroth (Black Materia)
Cloud (Blade Beam)
Celes (Indomitable Blade)
Jecht (Jecht Shot)

Is it worth throwing a pull at this FFV banner? It seems like there's a lot of fire stuff on there (plus Sheepsong) that I could put to use to support Mirage Phoenix, and I've still got mythril I can farm in realms to support OSBfest/XIV. I'm still lacking a couple orbs to make a Full Break, which makes me wonder if I should swap out Red for Fran or maybe Penelo for backup healing and just make the Dance equivalent.

NBHS fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 21, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I...I got Grand Cross on the 100 gem :toot: :toot: :toot:

That was the only thing I even wanted on these banners!!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, one of the dungeon rewards is a golden shield. C'mon DeNA I have PTSD from pulling those things.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Because FF5 is my favorite game in the franchise and I have no self control, I threw a couple pulls at this. First pull I got a 1/11 Bartz Cape, which is a solid item even if it's a terrible pull. Second pull I got Greg's OSB, Bartzcalibur, and a dupe Bartz Cape. Not too shabby, as now I have all of Greg and Bartz's stat increasing relics which should make both of them pretty incredible(well, even moreso than they were).

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Solo is 5 people + 2 RW uses, multi is 8 people. It's really no question if you're stuck, solo is an extra challenge mode.

The only way solo might be worth it is if your gear, including synergy, is absolutely loving stacked for the realm in question. Like you have RS weapons and armor and good resist accessories for the fight etc on everybody.

In that case it might be better than a lot of pubbie groups, because you can custom tailor your whole group and you know you won't have any bad gear or dumbass skills/low hones, but still probably worse off than an organized raid with good people from here or something.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Decided I wanted to try for Fire Lash one last time before OSBfest.

Got Krile's and Galuf's BSBs. If this is an omen for TERROR'S OSB, I don't know what is.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ApplesandOranges posted:

They didn't, it's still 13 > 9.

And even if they did flip it, it's actually to our advantage, so that the IX relics will likely be in the next DU.

Then what are the dates? Because I'm seeing the 13 event as being two weeks away from the 14 event, on the kongbakpao site.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Pulled on the FFV banner because there's a bunch of stuff on there I'd have liked, including Greg's OSB, Galuf's BSB, Grand Cross, Sheepsong, and there was only one item I already had, so I figured why not?

Two rainbow spheres... Excalibur (V) and Dorgann's Blade. Glad that I didn't wind up with another Bartz's Cloak or an off-banner relic; disappointed that I didn't get any of the stuff I actually wanted.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Also pulled, because OSB stuff proved to be quite skippable for me.

1/11, Bartzcalibur, the only item I already had. :thumbsup:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I pulled on V banner looking for Torment synergy.

Got Krile's BSB and Galuf's SSB, the two characters I didn't have SBs for :toot:

Torment team is now

Ya boy BUTZ (SSB + BSB)
Galuf (SSB)
Faris (BSB)
Kuriru (BSB)
Lenna (medica + mini shout)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Dollar pull got my Bartz's cloak which is fine.

I'm tempted to 11 pull but I have ok V synergy already (Moore Branch, Genji Blade, Icebrand, Fire Lash, Faris's bow, and Lenna's FoW mace).

I'll probably save up for XIV's insane banner since I don't have wall and I'd rather have it on Yshtola than Tyro. The OSB banners don't really blow me away even though I don't have an OSB yet.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Wait, are there CMs for doing the Torment dungeons with a synergy party? Because that sounds kind of like hell to me.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
What the hell did the latest maintenance update change? Record Keeper is constantly crashing for me every few stages now and multiplayer has pretty much become impossible. It's incredibly frustrating. :(

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Wait, are there CMs for doing the Torment dungeons with a synergy party? Because that sounds kind of like hell to me.

The D200 ones, yeah. D250 ones don't have any.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Plus I believe that such dungeons also field a certain amount of trash monsters in addition to the boss, so to compensate said boss is likely easier than their level would otherwise indicate. (I'm guessing based on datamined information and estimations from the official JP site.)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The bosses aren't any easier just because there's trash. The 255 difficulty Torment is especially punishing.

The best SB to have for seriously attempting to CM the 200 Torment is sea lord's broadside, a relic you can 100% get by pulling on keeper's choice 1. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Looks like JP DeNA is finally giving in; their New Year's Fest has gem-only draws that give additional rewards, such as a OSB+BSB. At least they're one-time only, for now.

• Locked thread