Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

nice removed video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

nice removed video

they're really cracking down on that poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

they're really cracking down on that poo poo

lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

today is a good day

of all the irrelevant things about which to go into denial

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

anthonypants posted:

one of your complaints was that you couldn't make transphobic slurs these days without getting banned.

uh no you reading comprehension lacking moron, I said that the yoke is so tight that you can get banned for "saying tranny wrong or whatever" what's the permitted way? it's a PC shibboleth that changes every few months

if you wanna be a fag and get all discriminatory about people's genital situation other fine upstanding posters should be able to call you out for being an rear end in a top hat. instead odds are you get insta banned, because of some big brother bullshit, where it doesn't matter if you did anything wrong it just matters that you stepped out of line

the point isn't that you actually get banned. the point is that posting on Something Awful used to be a free speech exercise and now you have to plan your posts to avoid loving american social control landmines because the moderation staff has been gradually infiltrated and we're on some boiling frog poo poo

https://a.pomf.cat/sbunnl.webm it's u

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i hope you trip into a pit of insane rats that is acutally my rear end in a top hat scaled up to like grand canyon size and then i poop you out into the transdimensional horrors of unheaven that only the likes of obscure acoustic black metal superstars could possibly put into song

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

diamond dog posted:

comprehension moron,

if you wanna be a fag

the moderation staff has been gradually infiltrated and we're on some boiling frog poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

diamond dog posted:

the point isn't that you actually get banned. the point is that posting on Something Awful used to be a free speech exercise

are you loving retarded

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
also it's good when people who use slurs are probated or banned

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

are you loving retarded

hey, let's not use that in a disparaging way now ok????

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

diamond dog posted:

uh no you reading comprehension lacking moron, I said that the yoke is so tight that you can get banned for "saying tranny wrong or whatever" what's the permitted way? it's a PC shibboleth that changes every few months

if you wanna be a fag and get all discriminatory about people's genital situation other fine upstanding posters should be able to call you out for being an rear end in a top hat. instead odds are you get insta banned, because of some big brother bullshit, where it doesn't matter if you did anything wrong it just matters that you stepped out of line

the point isn't that you actually get banned. the point is that posting on Something Awful used to be a free speech exercise and now you have to plan your posts to avoid loving american social control landmines because the moderation staff has been gradually infiltrated and we're on some boiling frog poo poo

holy poo poo son you're making me look like a good poster

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

diamond dog posted:

the point is that posting on Something Awful used to be a free speech exercise

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

are you loving retarded

no, im not. there was a time when half a dozen posters would come out of the woodwork to defend free speech if things started getting censor-y. every single time. the whole internet was like that back then

now censorship is the default state of discourse

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

diamond dog posted:

no, im not. there was a time when half a dozen posters would come out of the woodwork to defend free speech if things started getting censor-y. every single time. the whole internet was like that back then

if you can't do the time don't do the crime biotchhhh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The moderation used to be 100x more strict and you would get banned for not punctuating properly. There were days where literally hundreds of accounts were banned.

Also it's good when people who use slurs are probated or banned.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

diamond dog posted:

didnt read

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
FREE SPEECH IS NOT A CRIME

also it's good when people who use slurs are probated or banned

cui bono, shitlord

https://a.pomf.cat/gmimqm.webm

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfSIcx1YgVE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

diamond dog posted:

your face will be ripped asunder by the tremendous force of my soylent farts

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

eh, but what you're saying is dumb and also tin foil hat crazy. so i dont really feel like defending it.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

diamond dog posted:

Something Awful LLC is owned and operated by the government of the United States of America.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

diamond dog posted:

FREE SPEECH IS NOT A CRIME

cui bono, shitlord

https://a.pomf.cat/gmimqm.webm

gaze upon my rap sheet then meditate on how much of a lil babby you are

zazen sucka

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

How will that work under the new administration? Are we a CIA front or Secret Service front?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

How will that work under the new administration? Are we a CIA front or Secret Service front?

I'm cop put ur hands up

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Salt Fish posted:

The moderation used to be 100x more strict and you would get banned for not punctuating properly.

yeah but that was because the rest of the internet outside forums was an AOLspeak barbarian wasteland

that's not the same thing as censorship.
as long as you typed good you could joke about anything and link anything

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Ok, he figured us out, it's not a huge deal.... anyone want to get a sandwich at the C-Ring cafeteria? Meet me at corridor 7.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

dog you keep getting popped because you are using terms that are lovely and when someone tries to nudge you in the right direction you say gently caress you i can say whatever i want. like, do you know the history of the word you are trying to use and why it isn't a word that someone who is transgendered would appreciate?

whats your position on misandry?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

diamond dog posted:

AOLspeak barbarian wasteland

smythe pull strings to rename this forum nowwwww

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

diamond dog posted:

yeah but that was because the rest of the internet outside forums was an AOLspeak barbarian wasteland

that's not the same thing as censorship.
as long as you typed good you could joke about anything and link anything

I'm sorry that you're angry about not being able to say human being or tranny

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

diamond dog posted:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if you can't do the time don't do the crime biotchhhh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm sorry that you're angry about not being able to say human being or tranny

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
"how was i supposed to know that i couldn't post those slurs? this site must be part of a conspiracy against me!"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I just hate it when congress makes a law prohibiting the free exercise of speech and I just wish Richard wouldn't have done it!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

diamond dog posted:

the point is that posting on Something Awful used to be a free speech exercise

lol no it wasn't you moron. it was mostly populated by teenagers so the humor followed suit. what you're seeing is most of them growing up and becoming adults

you however seem to be a bit slower on the uptake

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did you get the memo about something sensitive

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

KoRMaK posted:

eh, but what you're saying is dumb and also tin foil hat crazy. so i dont really feel like defending it.

oh yeah?
i'm saying it's highly probable that something like three out of every ten mods are spooks who got in by sucking admin cock (same way the other mods got in)

and before those sockpuppet accounts get modded, they're circlejerk posters who make one another look good and enforce the culture

totally unthinkable. the US would never do anything like that!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

diamond dog posted:

oh yeah?
i'm saying it's highly probable that something like three out of every ten mods are spooks who got in by sucking admin cock (same way the other mods got in)

and before those sockpuppet accounts get modded, they're circlejerk posters who make one another look good and enforce the culture

shut the gently caress up nerd

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

diamond dog posted:

oh yeah?

and they infiltrated something awful dot com just to ban people for posting the words tranny and human being?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol i know irl IC goons who post here and spoiler alert: they're just loving goons who appreciate a good forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

and they infiltrated something awful dot com just to ban people for posting the words tranny and human being?

i'm talking about censorship in general and you are cherry picking one issue because you are intellectually dishonest

free speech is not a crime and you can't goebbels that poo poo

• Locked thread