Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

diamond dog posted:

oh yeah?
i'm saying it's highly probable that something like three out of every ten mods are spooks who got in by sucking admin cock (same way the other mods got in)

and before those sockpuppet accounts get modded, they're circlejerk posters who make one another look good and enforce the culture

totally unthinkable. the US would never do anything like that!

the volume of hot taco farts i want to pump down your gullet from the spasming Sarlacc that is my rear end in a top hat cannot be understated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

the volume of hot taco farts i want to pump down your gullet from the spasming Sarlacc that is my rear end in a top hat cannot be understated

yo you have tacos? hook me up

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I had a donair today and it was rad

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We're going to infect you with so many morgellons for outing our covert operation to take over the HIT and POPULAR social media sensation somethingawful.com.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
there's a place here where you can get a donair with dill sauce and it's fuckin amazing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

same

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yo you have tacos? hook me up

yeah dude taco truck in the parking lot of the tire shop we live next to, prob 4 days a week?
$6 for 4 tacos

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

wait am i doing this right

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol, you think in trumps america the govt would be projecting pc censorship? now who's the moron :smug:
double lol at the unsourced screenshot

compelling theory though, but it has too much narrative to be real.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah dude taco truck in the parking lot of the tire shop we live next to, prob 4 days a week?
$6 for 4 tacos

drat son, it's way too cold here for food trucks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got a shed you can live in for free
split propane and i'll put a heater in
3 mins from light rail

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

diamond dog posted:

oh yeah?
i'm saying it's highly probable that something like three out of every ten mods are spooks who got in by sucking admin cock (same way the other mods got in)

and before those sockpuppet accounts get modded, they're circlejerk posters who make one another look good and enforce the culture

totally unthinkable. the US would never do anything like that!

or maybe society at large has a general agreement of what constitutes 'polite' and 'impolite' speech and is capable of shifting as time advances?

nah gently caress that it's the government getting their fingers in everything ever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

there's a place here where you can get a donair with dill sauce and it's fuckin amazing

there's a burger place on the way to my parents cottage that does an excellent dill sauce. they've started selling it in some grocery stores in the area too

dill is so good

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i made the mistake of getting doner in nova scotia and it was covered in mayo and i literally did a spit take. granted most everything in ns sucks but jfc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gimme pretty much any cuisine that originates within a 300 mile radius from the mediterranean coast and i will shove it in my face at embarrassing rates

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

theres a place around the corner from me that sells hotdogs that i lovingly call dirtydogs after trailer park boys, but its been cold enough to make me think twice about going there. Its rad in the summer though cuz i can just stumble out of my house in my workout shorts ands drunk walk at 1130 at night and get a couple of kraut chilli onion dogs

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
what does trump have to do with US cyber doctrine 1999-2016?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

one time i posted a bad word on the internet and men with guns put me in a cage

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

drat son, it's way too cold here for food trucks

winter is the saddest time for lunch downtown here because its when all the food trucks go hibernate for the season

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i made the mistake of getting doner in nova scotia and it was covered in mayo and i literally did a spit take. granted most everything in ns sucks but jfc

lol my parents live in NS and I went for a visit. it was super nice but the pizza was a fuckin disgrace and everyone in the province is a bald white man with glasses and a goatee

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny 290 posted:

gimme pretty much any cuisine that originates within a 300 mile radius from the mediterranean coast and i will shove it in my face at embarrassing rates

buy my MiL's book you won't regret it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1434818853?ie=UTF8&tag=binnursturkis-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1434818853

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
nova scotia is pretty cool if you're into old white people, salt water, and giant boulders

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Rex-Goliath posted:

or maybe society at large has a general agreement of what constitutes 'polite' and 'impolite' speech and is capable of shifting as time advances?

that's a false dichotomy. if this were a social mechanism, you'd just get helldumped by other posters for being an rear end in a top hat, which is what used to happen

it's a totally distinct thing from automatic BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING mechanisms
take when I pointed this out about anime a couple pages back, and a moderator did some mental gymnastics to justify anime bans by linking it to... paedophilia? what?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

diamond dog posted:

that's a false dichotomy. if this were a social mechanism, you'd just get helldumped by other posters for being an rear end in a top hat, which is what used to happen

take when I pointed this out about anime a couple pages back, and a moderator did some mental gymnastics to justify anime bans by linking it to... paedophilia? what?

anime has been banned in 'pos for a very long time

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

nova scotia is pretty cool if you're into old white people, salt water, and giant boulders

hey now, there's also taffy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

diamond dog posted:

yeah but that was because the rest of the internet outside forums was an AOLspeak barbarian wasteland

that's not the same thing as censorship.
as long as you typed good you could joke about anything and link anything

typed well

superman types good

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Improbable Lobster posted:

hey now, there's also taffy

Taffy is a corrupted from of salt water.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

anime has been banned in 'pos for a very long time

wasn't there a ban of anime in every forum except the anime death and tentacle rap warehouse during this alleged golden age where posters could be transphobic and homphobic without the government shill mods?

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
kinda missing my point on the anime thing but you also lasered in on me saying tranny (almost like that's the point of a shibboleth) so ill assume it's willful "ignorance"

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

superman types good

well english, you

oh hey will you look at the calendar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jwxrTqoEA

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

diamond dog posted:

so this seems to be boiling down to the fact that you don't like that you're not allowed to post anime and human being all the time

is that right?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i think 4chan may be the forum you're looking for, op

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

diamond dog posted:

i'm talking about censorship in general and you are cherry picking one issue because you are intellectually dishonest

free speech is not a crime and you can't goebbels that poo poo
it literally costs $10 to post here that is the least free speech can be. go back to voat or gab, or just plain log off

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

wasn't there a ban of anime in every forum except the anime death and tentacle rap warehouse during this alleged golden age where posters could be transphobic and homphobic without the government shill mods?

which is why fyad adopted it so hard yeah

also p sure it's always been against the rules to call people fags (which is exactly when gbs got super bad due to inconsistent modding in that regard)

tho i don't see "don't be a dick" in the main forum rules anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

diamond dog posted:

kinda missing my point

Is it possible

that you don't have one

• Locked thread