Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
its not possible that people on this forum grew up and learned to give a poo poo about people that have it bad enough and dont need to be poo poo on without actual literal government infiltration of its moderators no siree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

wasn't there a ban of anime in every forum except the anime death and tentacle rap warehouse during this alleged golden age where posters could be transphobic and homphobic without the government shill mods?

yes, ralp gave me forums cancer for posting anime in GBS lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

diamond dog posted:

kinda missing my point on the anime thing but you also lasered in on me saying tranny (almost like that's the point of a shibboleth) so ill assume it's willful "ignorance"

well english, you

oh hey will you look at the calendar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jwxrTqoEA

I don't know what you think a shibboleth is but I can tell you that not using slurs against a victimized people is not a shibboleth.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

there is literally nowhere to go. the pigs are everywhere

instead of leaving I'm going to kill lowtax, seize control of the forums, and then take back the rest of the internet starting from here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMgsAD3D948

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm also being gang stalked by the CIA on the something awful funny computer forum but that's my highly specific fetish.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

I'm also being gang stalked by the CIA on the something awful funny computer forum but that's my highly specific fetish.

I'm cia put ur hands up

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
text me

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm cia put ur hands up

You aint got no jurisdication here! show me your badge!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
stop resisting

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm sorry that you're angry about not being able to say human being or tranny

actually, it's part of the contract i signed so i would get my soros paychecks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
graph do you like donairs?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

jraph gettin that sweet pension and gov't health insurance like a fucker

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SmokaDustbowl posted:

graph do you like donairs?

i have not had the chance to have one, there's only one spot in town that serves them (and i was there once without realizing) but anything with that stuff and dill sauce sounds amazeballs

a local joint got the best sishtawouk tho, beets and pickles and toum son

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

this movie is so loving good. its just like a non stop visceral recoil from the horror of what youre seeing and it doesnt let up much. that bathhouse scene is crazy intense.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

this movie is so loving good. its just like a non stop visceral recoil from the horror of what youre seeing and it doesnt let up much. that bathhouse scene is crazy intense.

cronenberg owns

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I really prefer cronenberg over david lynch

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yes, ralp gave me forums cancer for posting anime in GBS lol

do you have a therapist

you should have a therapist

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

do you have a therapist

you should have a therapist

it's an internet forum dude

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i havent seen any cronenberg other than eastern promises but i loving love david lynch. im a stupid art kid at heart i guess.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i havent seen any cronenberg other than eastern promises but i loving love david lynch. im a stupid art kid at heart i guess.

lol what

you can't call yourself a stupid art kid if you haven't seen any cronenberg. go watch videodrome son

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHey3utk0I

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol what

you can't call yourself a stupid art kid if you haven't seen any cronenberg. go watch videodrome son

i have it in my queue of poo poo to watch but usually i watch movies with my wife, and since she can't handle spooky poo poo i tend not to get to that stuff relatively quickly. were too loving busy so we dont want to spend our downtime in separate rooms doing separate poo poo. ive had the babadook in my queue for like a year now too and not gotten to it yet.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

diamond dog posted:

https://a.pomf.cat/sbunnl.webm it's u

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol i just now realized the humor of a '10 regd waxing poetic about 'the good ol days'

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i have it in my queue of poo poo to watch but usually i watch movies with my wife, and since she can't handle spooky poo poo i tend not to get to that stuff relatively quickly. were too loving busy so we dont want to spend our downtime in separate rooms doing separate poo poo. ive had the babadook in my queue for like a year now too and not gotten to it yet.

the babadook sucks

watch videodrome with your wife lmao

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the babadook sucks

watch videodrome with your wife lmao

naw dog she'll legit have panic attacks for like six months if i make her watch body horror. she woke up screaming for a week after we watched akira. she just doesn't do spooky.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

naw dog she'll legit have panic attacks for like six months if i make her watch body horror. she woke up screaming for a week after we watched akira. she just doesn't do spooky.

videodrome is way worse than akira, it gives me nightmares lmao

it's super topical now though with all the occulus and PSVR poo poo though

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Posting pictures in the pictures thread

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the throbbing VHS tape in videodrome is almost as scary as the ring tape

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

diamond dog posted:

free speech is not a crime and you can't goebbels that poo poo

I'm fairly certain that getting banned from something awful is not a criminal charge either but idk

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the throbbing VHS tape in videodrome is almost as scary as the ring tape

i have ringu on vhs and it was a+++ 2spoopy would watch again. so much scarier than the american remake. the remake swapped a lot of the vague discomfort for blatant gore and jumps which is just never as good.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i have ringu on vhs and it was a+++ 2spoopy would watch again. so much scarier than the american remake. the remake swapped a lot of the vague discomfort for blatant gore and jumps which is just never as good.

I said it before, but the ring is super hard to watch. it's all rain the whole movie and it's just so depressing and dismal. the sixth sense tried to copy it, but just got everything wrong

also the flashback part where sadako runs over and grabs that chick, and she wakes up with a hand bruise on her arm is terrifying

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol i just now realized the humor of a '10 regd waxing poetic about 'the good ol days'

lol look at this stupid newbie over here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
rofl it finally happened! I'm still watching canadian cops on netflix, and I can literally see my house in this segment!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I was just at the literal exact place they're filming at last week when I went to pick up my steamlink, I can't stop laughing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

i work for the ...cannabis...

of course you do lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I was just at the literal exact place they're filming at last week when I went to pick up my steamlink, I can't stop laughing

i can see my house in every movie that has an aerial shot of san francisco.

• Locked thread