Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rygar201 posted:

Elan and Roy are both Good.

I don't see why Rich has to waste time establishing this when he could just post their character sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Even if you think the mutiny foreshadowing has been heavy handed, this seems like a very reasonable catalyst.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't see why Rich has to waste time establishing this when he could just post their character sheets.

:justpost:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Even if you think the mutiny foreshadowing has been heavy handed, this seems like a very reasonable catalyst.

When the giant cleaved three crew members in a single blow my first thought was "well there's a morale check".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm so glad Elan's not the idiot punchline any more. Watching him be excited about being useful is much more satisfying.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

That giant sure has some great cleavage.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cool posted:

That giant sure has some great cleavage.

I'm 100% sure the comic already made this exact joke.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Who What Now posted:

I'm 100% sure the comic already made this exact joke.

and that, in fact, is the actual joke

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
explaining jokes
god i love explaining jokes

How would the crew even mutiny to any effect at this point? I think they'll make it to the edge of the dwarf lands and the Mechane will just be too hosed to move. The crew will insist on no more adventuring just to be the final nail in the coffin, and off they'll go on foot. This may just be a buildup to the Chief Engineer getting a speech about how the adventurers didn't care who they were hurting along their mission, and now too much of the crew is dead for the airship to be of any use to anyone. Maybe Roy will have a good comeback considering the fact that they are actively trying to prevent the end of the world, and maybe he won't. Not for a week or two, at least. I don't think the crew mutiny will just be a way to pull the rug out from under the Order, but it presents a pretty good philosophical challenge to Roy and his objectives.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I mean at this point the most likely mutiny is to just kick the adventurers off at the nearest opportunity causing complications in transportation. I mean the Order is (mostly) Good aligned, they'll pretty much just take it if talking people down doesn't work.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

At this point a mutiny would just mean Bandana has to leave the ship, freeing her to temporarily join the OOtS, or the paladin duo, or be taken prisoner.

No mutiny: Drop of the OOtS and fly away.

Yes mutiny: Drop of the OOtS and Bandana and fly away.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I hope Rich is okay :ohdearsass:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Also if you want to enjoy a marvelous webcomic even more, you can apply to become its colorist!

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/809968217812779008

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/810379363195715584

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I thought that was a scene from Gunnerkrigg Court before I saw the twitter messages.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That Guy Bob posted:

I thought that was a scene from Gunnerkrigg Court before I saw the twitter messages.

You may need to get your eyes checked.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

new one!

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

Nenonen posted:

Also if you want to enjoy a marvelous webcomic even more, you can apply to become its colorist!

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/809968217812779008

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/810379363195715584

Why are there, like...jizzy legbones on the walls?

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
The calendar is sold out. :(
Good for Rich, but I was planning to get one after they were discounted like the last two. Bummer.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

HisMajestyBOB posted:

The calendar is sold out. :(
Good for Rich, but I was planning to get one after they were discounted like the last two. Bummer.

You can buy a PDF version and have it printed out (there's explicitly permission given to copy shops for a copy to be printed of the calendar).

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You can buy a PDF version and have it printed out (there's explicitly permission given to copy shops for a copy to be printed of the calendar).

Just not the same.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Neorxenawang posted:

Why are there, like...jizzy legbones on the walls?

Because it's Goblins.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Y'all know there is a new comic right?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It's a good one too.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Posting Goblins never fails! :neckbeard:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

But is it worth the cost...

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Couple of good jokes in this one. Poor Roy. And I laughed out loud at the last panel, I always figured that was Rich's reasoning for never identifying exactly what they were for the grognards.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Zoe posted:

Couple of good jokes in this one. Poor Roy. And I laughed out loud at the last panel, I always figured that was Rich's reasoning for never identifying exactly what they were for the grognards.

In one comic, Haley EDIT: my bad, Elan actually says that flat out.

sfwarlock fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 21, 2016

bigpolar
Jun 19, 2003

Nenonen posted:

I enjoy being reminded of Goblins once every 2 or 3 months. It means when I visit the page I get to see one, or sometimes 2 new to me comics. It's refreshing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV5UgInnzQ

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Hopefully soon Rich will post a :siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

Otherwise people will just get tricked into checking the thread for no reason :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Hopefully soon Rich will post a :siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

Otherwise people will just get tricked into checking the thread for no reason :(
Meanwhile, in the comic I thought you were going to end up linking to, we are apparently at a scene whether the characters all talk about how clever they are.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I was thinking, the Famlicide that V cast on the dragon, it must have had an " Cannot be resurrected" caveat on it.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Johnny Aztec posted:

I was thinking, the Famlicide that V cast on the dragon, it must have had an " Cannot be resurrected" caveat on it.

Why would you think that?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I'm sure Tarquin tried to rez his wife, if only to find out who was behind her murder.

Also, it'd be an extra level of dickishness.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It didn't ash them, which would be the clearest and easiest indicator and narrative shorthand for "100% dead for real". That Rich, who is very specific about details like that, didn't ash them leaves open at least the possibility that someone might be rezzed.

But what would they say, exactly? "I got killed by crazy purple lightning" isn't exactly proof positive of V's involvement.

And Speak With Dead would serve the same purpose anyways.

TL;DR Here's some :spergin: about why you should stop the :spergin:.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 28, 2016

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I just decided to get back into OotS after a couple years absence, and while I'm enjoying catching up with everything since Tarquin iced Nale (which was where I left off) - what's the reason for the massive delay between each comic these days? I remember the bad days back when Rich glassed his thumb and literally couldn't work for 3 months, and this feels like 1-strip-a-month update speed itself. Does anyone know what the deal is?

Also, 1061 is up if nobody's seen it yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nilbop posted:

Does anyone know what the deal is?
Rich has a persistent but non-life-threatening medical condition that makes it more difficult for him to work for long periods of time these days. (From what he's said about it, it's probably Crohn's Disease, though he's private about the specifics for obvious reasons.)

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
So what you are saying is that Rich is not, in fact, alright? :(

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL
Observe the rites of summoning! Do you want an Inevitable? This is how you get Inevitables...

I
Hope
Rich
Is
Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's 2016. Might be a bad idea