Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

RatHat posted:

Please no

It would be consistent with a lot of their bad decisions surrounding this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea you keep everything. Levels, ascension grid progress, recipes, etc. You even keep things like the Ultima blade but you also get another copy of the engine blade.

And you get another magic flask despite keeping all your old ones. So you start the game with 14 and I assume you can end up with 26! if you find them all again.

e: apparently there is a 14th flask you can find in the postgame, so maybe the game just gives them all to you when you start ng+?

I've got 15 flasks on my main save, I'll be damned if that's the maximum in game at the moment.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Chrono Trigger was the first game I played that had NG+. Too bad FF15 doesn't let you drive to Insomnia in Chapter 1 immediately to fight Lavos.

But yeah it should get slightly harder each time you do a NG+. Castlevania did that back in the 80s. It should at least be an option up the player if they want it more difficult.

But I can still see the appeal of a NG+ in 15 if you want to collect everything. 8 of every accessory so each character can equip 2.

Atomic Robo-Kid fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 21, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

You sure about the Ultima blade? I saw people saying it gets reverted back to regular engine blade.

Also hunter rank and type-F don't carry over. And enemies seem to be the same level which really defeats the point.

Yea I just checked. You absolutely still have the Ultima Blade and a new engine blade.

MrLonghair posted:

I've got 15 flasks on my main save, I'll be damned if that's the maximum in game at the moment.

I am very jealous of your 15 flasks. :( I don't suppose you remember where you found the 15th?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5j41k4/psa_theres_a_14th_magic_flask_list_of_all_flask/

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
I've got the game ordered and it should arrive by Friday. Question: How long do the AP gaining utility abilities take to return the investment? Like I saw there was an AP cost to get an ability that gave you AP for fishing. Will I do enough fishing for that to get back the cost and have a significant gain to unlock other abilities?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Roshambo posted:

I've got the game ordered and it should arrive by Friday. Question: How long do the AP gaining utility abilities take to return the investment? Like I saw there was an AP cost to get an ability that gave you AP for fishing. Will I do enough fishing for that to get back the cost and have a significant gain to unlock other abilities?

Most of them pay for themselves eventually, but the real utility is they make otherwise tedious activities like driving or chocobo-riding feel more worthwhile.

You'd have to do a ridiculous amount of grinding to unlock all the game's abilities either way.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Still downloading the patch. Does the whistle carry over into NG+?

edit -

Nice, thanks.

isk fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 21, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I would've preferred if they let you keep everything but your level, so you could play around at level 1 with a maxed ascension grid

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

isk posted:

Still downloading the patch. Does the whistle carry over into NG+?

Sure does

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Roshambo posted:

If you don't plan to get level 10 fishing don't bother with that one. But the driving, chocobo riding, and making Camp ones pay for themselves pretty quickly.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Augus posted:

I would've preferred if they let you keep everything but your level, so you could play around at level 1 with a maxed ascension grid
Aren't they adding some kind of level reducer or something in?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So what absolutely insane person made it so that the quest prompt is not the same as talk and you can easily accidentally click talk instead of quest by moving a millimeter?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Raxivace posted:

Aren't they adding some kind of level reducer or something in?

There's an item that stops you from gaining experience but it doesn't help if you're already 99.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

JetsGuy posted:

The cactuars that spawn northwest of Hammerhead spawn fast enough that I got to level 25-30 before leaving it the first time. That campsite just North of the area, head west of that a little ways and just run around.

Keep an eye out for their shape on the horizon. They do not activate the warning thing or aggro you.

I imagine with this monster whistle it's even easier.

Okay, thanks, I'll see what I can do... I was searching around that area for an hour last night but didn't have any luck, but at the time I didn't know that it's possible for them to pop with the monster whistle too. When I start the game up again I will be trying that out. The first Cactuar I actually saw was in Duscae west of the first gas station the group encounters, and I had no idea Cactuars could even pop there. v:v:v

bondster
May 6, 2007

It's been a bit since I completed the story but couldn't you get decent AP chunks for doing story quests? If so, wouldn't doing NG+ be a slightly less tedious way to get AP for those 333/999 upgrades?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bondster posted:

It's been a bit since I completed the story but couldn't you get decent AP chunks for doing story quests? If so, wouldn't doing NG+ be a slightly less tedious way to get AP for those 333/999 upgrades?

Yes but it's way way slower than grinding.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I am very jealous of your 15 flasks. :( I don't suppose you remember where you found the 15th?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5j41k4/psa_theres_a_14th_magic_flask_list_of_all_flask/

Oh, NG+ gave me the 15th :v:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I guess I have to play NG+ if I want that weapon that drops at the end of Chapter 2 but never dropped in my game, huh?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DaveKap posted:

So I guess I have to play NG+ if I want that weapon that drops at the end of Chapter 2 but never dropped in my game, huh?

Which weapon is that?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Oh man. NG+ up and running, and the opening FMV hits me with a couple sucker punches I forgot about (60 hours later) but make sense with the ending.

(intro/ending) "Walk tall, my son."

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'd say they should do a remake of ff15 tbh but given that SE seems very invested in actually realizing at least some of this game's potential I'll at least cautiously get my hopes up

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I got my FF6 CD now I can play my Terra theme and enjoy driving.

The Grimace posted:

Okay, thanks, I'll see what I can do... I was searching around that area for an hour last night but didn't have any luck, but at the time I didn't know that it's possible for them to pop with the monster whistle too. When I start the game up again I will be trying that out. The first Cactuar I actually saw was in Duscae west of the first gas station the group encounters, and I had no idea Cactuars could even pop there. v:v:v

Right around here:
http://i.imgur.com/vbMQmDl.jpg

Sorry for mediocre quality shot of TV with phone.

Best luck for me was an area even less vegetation that already sparse area that it is. Might be SLIGHTLY more west than that I'm nowhere near Hammerhead Atm.

They're super weak to fire if you at all have issues with them which I doubt you will.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 21, 2016

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Finally finished. End boss stuff is mostly a joke. Other than that it's a pretty decent game though it could have been a lot better if they added another few hours of plot in the early chapters. I wish Ignis in particular had been fleshed out more out of the main four characters.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

RatHat posted:

Which weapon is that?

Circular saw. Have to get it off the boss at the end of Chapter 2 but it never dropped for me.
Edit: Looking at the list of where to get machinery, it seems like most of it is locked away once you finish the mission you're supposed to get it in. Like, half of them are in Empire bases which I'm fairly certain you can't enter after you've already beaten them.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 21, 2016

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

DaveKap posted:

Circular saw. Have to get it off the boss at the end of Chapter 2 but it never dropped for me.
Edit: Looking at the list of where to get machinery, it seems like most of it is locked away once you finish the mission you're supposed to get it in. Like, half of them are in Empire bases which I'm fairly certain you can't enter after you've already beaten them.

You can definitely return to the bases to pick up the Noiseblaster/Drillbreaker/Gravity Well after the fact (look for purple flag icons on your map). Weird about the Circular Saw, that should be a 100% drop off the boss unless it died in some really janky way.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Grinding for AP is unpleasant and I don't recommend it.

I just kept at it long enough to get some of the 99-AP skills. I don't think any of the 333-and-up are really needed, except for maybe Airdance.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Apparently people are rolling into NG+ with Aranea in their team and she's showing up in all the cutscenes? lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

I just kept at it long enough to get some of the 99-AP skills. I don't think any of the 333-and-up are really needed, except for maybe Airdance.

Auto crit on links is a godsend at 333 ap and break damage on link hits at 999 makes it so your link hits can deal huge chunks of boss hp when you connect.

It is insanely tedious to grind these out.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

ohhhhhhh

my achin' back

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

JetsGuy posted:

I got my FF6 CD now I can play my Terra theme and enjoy driving.

Right around here:
http://i.imgur.com/vbMQmDl.jpg

Sorry for mediocre quality shot of TV with phone.

Best luck for me was an area even less vegetation that already sparse area that it is. Might be SLIGHTLY more west than that I'm nowhere near Hammerhead Atm.

They're super weak to fire if you at all have issues with them which I doubt you will.

Awesome, thanks! I'll focus on that area. I took a break a little bit ago, was literally falling asleep while whistling for enemies. Slow process.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
So how long do I have to drag Ignis around after he goes blind?

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
Made it through costlemark only to have the boss glitch and not give me the royal weapon, will have to put the game down until they fix this :(

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

FOr anyone that remembers my Chapter 7 broken rear end save file where i was unable to return to the Vesperpool, I tried it today since the new patch came out, and was able to get into the tunnel that had the blockade in place on the right path, near Delmacio Hunter HQ town or whatever it's called. The map still had both blockades in place and I couldn't fast travel to the Vesperpool via the Regalia, but when I approached the blockade tunnel on foot suddenly I warped inside the tunnel with the Regalia sitting next to me. It seemed janky enough that I don't think it was part of the patch to fix the issue, and if it was it was insanely band-aidy and weird. But hey, I can continue the game at least!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

MrLonghair posted:

Yup everything but the most key items carry over. Not feeling a bit of NG+ difficulty boost out of it, exp limiter ring lv1 playthrough will be where I'll get my challenge.

new game plus adding difficulty only became a thing and is really only a thing in souls games IIRC, along with witcher 3.
In most rpgs NG+ either keeps or resets your levels but lets you keep silly stuff thats strong, or hard to collect.

And after trying the battle system out post game, you guys really need to play something else to get your difficulty fix. The battle system here doesn't support "difficulty", it supports fun, but thats about it. I like it for what it is, but there isn't much depth.

Have you tried an smt game?

FF's are notoriously simple, it's like trying to find challenge in pokemon games.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Oxxidation posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5gbg1q/easy_ap_farming_730ap_30k_gil_per_hour/

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
"Blinking" refers to warp striking through an enemy attack right? Just trying to figure out how Ziedrich works

E: Nvm that was what the just dodge skill is called

Nina fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 21, 2016

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Oxxidation posted:

Point-blank strike is very very good (auto-crit on close warp strikes)

e: But yeah some of the costs are just retarded. I don't know who would spend 999 AP so Gladio always picks up two items or Elemancy gives you two more charges.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 21, 2016

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
So I beat the game an during the credits I basically couldn't stop laughing because all the pictures I saved were pretty much noctis eating poo poo in new and exciting ways... like getting tossed by the rhinos. The best photo I ended up with though was the photo of Insomnia that vyv asked me to take because a chocobo ended up blocking half of it, staring directly into the camera.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not mine but I'm glad somebody did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Wait are all the menace dungeons the same with different enemies

• Locked thread