Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Defense question

Go with
NYG @ PHI
Green Bay vs MIN
San Diego @ CLE

Also is Forte droppable, if so which two should I grab to block my opponent?

All seem like pretty solid options but can't figure out which one is my best bet

Packers, Chargers, Giants in order
All sound streaming options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

decypher posted:

Well, looks like the dick bag who's won the league the last two years is going for a 3 peat. I'm not bitter. I just wish his dick falls off and he's in the hospital and unable to set his lineup.

I went 10-3 and then lost my first two playoff games. Lol

Happens a lot. Person in my small money league was 11-0 then dropped 3 in a row including the first playoff.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Teemu Pokemon posted:

gently caress Devonta Freeman gently caress Trent Baalke gently caress Jed York gently caress Patrick Willis gently caress Navorro Bowman's body gently caress the NFL schedule makers gently caress This Gay Earth

Devonta Freeman hosed me last year by being a mediocre RB who stole Tevin Coleman's job after Coleman broke his ribs and he hosed me this year by being a mediocre RB that was mediocre all year and picked on two shithouse defenses to beat me once in Week 3 and again in Week 16.

Also gently caress Mike McCarthy for keeping Ty Montgomery chained up for no reason at all causing me to hesitate on starting him over Mike Wallace. Had he given the guy more than 10 touches a game after he proved himself on every single touch I would be in the finals right now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Devonta Freeman is a better running back than Tevin Coleman

actually the Freeman/Coleman argument is a litmus test for what you value in a running back

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

Devonta Freeman is a better running back than Tevin Coleman

actually the Freeman/Coleman argument is a litmus test for what you value in a running back

Everyone should rightfully like big bodied fire hydrant RBs with lovely hands and fumbling issues over scamper one cut bowling ball RBs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also big bodied fire hydrant RBs who fall down if someone breathes near them

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Doltos posted:

Devonta Freeman hosed me last year by being a mediocre RB who stole Tevin Coleman's job after Coleman broke his ribs and he hosed me this year by being a mediocre RB that was mediocre all year and picked on two shithouse defenses to beat me once in Week 3 and again in Week 16.

Also gently caress Mike McCarthy for keeping Ty Montgomery chained up for no reason at all causing me to hesitate on starting him over Mike Wallace. Had he given the guy more than 10 touches a game after he proved himself on every single touch I would be in the finals right now.

I drafted him his first year when I got him like 9th round and he kicked rear end.

Davonta this year had a few stinkers and he's no David Johnson but I definitely wouldn't call him mediocre, especially in PPR. He's RB7 with our scoring.

Shady and Murray hosed me last year. Gurley hosed me this year but Blount doing surprisingly well plus Forte and Powell being applied at the appropriate times has kept me in the game.

But mostly it's been having the 5/6/7th scoring WRs (Jordy, TY, Cooks). Let me take down the guy with the 1/3 ranked (AB and Evans). Evans was a bargain all year long but basically hosed everyone during the playoffs.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anyone got any ideas about DSTs for week 17? Chiefs should be good this week but my dumbass league has two week finals so let's all play in week 17 even though it's loving stupid. And Chiefs don't look as great against Oakland in 17.

I guess the only real option that's on the WW is Cards vs Rams so I'll shoot for them if I can't find anything else in a different position on the WW (which I doubt I will). Only thing I think I could be interested in are Inman or maybe a K with a good matchup but they're all rostered.

Though do I make my first WW claim the Cards for week 17, or the chargers vs the browns for week 16 to keep them out of my opponents hands? He's currently got ravens vs pit (which will undoubtedly get dropped) and Falcons vs Carolina (which might not).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

scrubs season six posted:

I drafted him his first year when I got him like 9th round and he kicked rear end.

Davonta this year had a few stinkers and he's no David Johnson but I definitely wouldn't call him mediocre, especially in PPR. He's RB7 with our scoring.

Shady and Murray hosed me last year. Gurley hosed me this year but Blount doing surprisingly well plus Forte and Powell being applied at the appropriate times has kept me in the game.

I meant mediocre in the sense of talent not in fantasy value. Every year I tend to pick up really talented RBs that either have to split carries with someone worse than them or suffer under a coach that gives them 15 touches a game for no reason. I'm looking at you, John Fox. You loving know Matt Barkley should not be throwing 40 times a game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh cool look what strategy reddit thinks they just invented

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/5jegvj/say_no_to_drafting_tes_early_in_17/

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
100% of my Jordan Reed teams went to the finals. I have no regrets.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm sure you'll enjoy many second place finishes

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

ASJ is still out there. Think I should start him instead?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ALWAYS START ASJ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

dphi posted:

Sounds like Dallas clinches home field/first round bye with a Giants loss on Thursday? If that happens, is Zeke likely to get rested?

Go Giants

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

:lol: brilliant.

e: holy poo poo, third or fourth round WRs and RBs can have value? Wow.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I dunno what the hell to do about TE for the finals. I have Reed but oh boy the wire is bare. Henry? Ebron?

Ebron, IMO. Reed is dead and the same poo poo that happened yesterday will happen again. Don't trust him.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Defense question

Go with
NYG @ PHI
Green Bay vs MIN
San Diego @ CLE

San Diego and don't look back

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Jordan Reed is fantasy roster cancer

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Suave Fedora posted:

Jordan Reed is fantasy roster cancer

He sent me to the championship last year. But yeah that poo poo is never happening again. It was his one healthy season of his career. We are fans of a bad sport.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm torn on Olsen vs Ladarius

Olsen has been a huge disappointment for me, I can't believe I blew a 4th on him

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

All TEs came down to riding their hot streaks and turning to alternatives when necessary so I honestly don't feel bad about prioritizing Reed this year. He was a difference maker in my lineups until the AC sprain. He does honestly need to quit football for his own good though.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Intruder posted:

Olsen has been a huge disappointment for me, I can't believe I blew a 4th on him

At least you didn't take him in the 3rd :negative:

The badness is compounded by the fact that I had the last pick/first pick in the 2/3 and I went Shady/Olsen instead of the other way around in a keeper league.

Speaking of keeper leagues, Jordan Howard (UD so I'll lose my last pick) is a no-brainer keeper right?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
The gently caress y'all on about? Olsen is literally the TE1 right now.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Rivers or Luck this week in 4 point TDs? Got Rivers in now just based on the Cleveland matchup, and Khalil Mack frightens me.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

The gently caress y'all on about? Olsen is literally the TE1 right now.

He probably wasn't worth the 25th pick in my league in which Reed and Kelce weren't drafted till the 50th and 61st picks.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Olsen is the TE1 because it's been an exceptionally lovely TE year. Hasn't he had like one week over 6 points in his last 8 or some poo poo like that? Being the TE1 is a pretty meaningless title, especially w/r/t missed draft opportunities, if he's been replacement level for then entire second half of the season

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Do I drop Brandon Marshall to pick up ty Montgomery?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I waiver juked my way into the championship game, only to come against this roster.

i'm pretty much hosed right? The waivers are bone dry and I have Crowell, T. Coleman, Steve Smith Sr and Kelvin Benj on the bench.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Rams @ 49ers
Titans @ Jax
Bengals @ Houston

I'm leaning towards Titans as I have Carlos Hyde and don't want to bet against him (also I don't think the Rams bare worth a poo poo).

Bengals at Houston is enticing... Savage starting but watch him have a stunner first career start.

So many choices

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Our waivers are closed and I have the Eagles D/ST while my opponent has ODB Jr. Do I even want to play my Defense? If he gets 1 or 2 TDs from Odell and I also get negative points I am pretty much hosed for the matchup.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Our waivers are closed and I have the Eagles D/ST while my opponent has ODB Jr. Do I even want to play my Defense? If he gets 1 or 2 TDs from Odell and I also get negative points I am pretty much hosed for the matchup.

How often have there been negative DST games in your scoring? How many were against NYG and how many negatives did PHI have? What's PHI's average weekly score? Unless you're in some weird setting, most DSTs should get positive scores against most opponents most weeks, so yes you should start them.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
^^ What he said.

What do you mean waivers are closed? You can't make pickups for the rest of the week? What kind of weird setting is that?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Eagles are averaging 7 points with 2 negative games while NYG aren't causing a lot of negative games for the opposing D/ST so you're right, I should play them. Even one point will be better than a goose egg

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It's a dynasty leauge so we close the waiver wire end of W11 until preseason in order to have more interesting free-agents as a part of the rookie draft. Works pretty well but you do need to think carefully about late bye weeks

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I'm trusting Olsen this week over Eifert.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's a dynasty leauge so we close the waiver wire end of W11 until preseason in order to have more interesting free-agents as a part of the rookie draft. Works pretty well but you do need to think carefully about late bye weeks

Why don't you just make a rule that players added after week 11 can't be kept instead of hamstringing the entire league for the stretch run and playoffs

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Docjowles posted:

He sent me to the championship last year. But yeah that poo poo is never happening again. It was his one healthy season of his career. We are fans of a bad sport.

Reed probably won you the championship last year....didn't he have the 30 point game week 16 last year?

*Yeah 129 and 2 touchdowns in the championship week
**Shiiiit dude had 2 TD the week before that and 120 and 1 the week before THAT

I mean yeah he's been injured and he did a lovely thing last week but when healthy lets not act like dude wasn't LEGIT.

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 21, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BigFactory posted:

In a second.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

When Percy Harvin was healthy he was legit too but uhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Hope you did. He ain't getting jack from Bryce Petty.

• Locked thread