Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Should get Feng and Evan to 40 tonight

Sera and Karin at 38/36 needs to finish them off afterwards.

Any guesses on the next awakening dudes?

Any tips on world bosses would help, I cant seem to do poo poo to ID. Maybe its due to not having a Rachel :(

basically im just wondering how people are getting like 500k score

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sniper and Ariel should be the next awoken heroes. Most of the Evan's crew gets them pretty early on, so Hellenia, Yuri, Lee, are all ones to be ready for.

ID is just a loving mess. What I hear the best strategy these days is to just give up trying to stall the boss and instead go ham on it. So pack a team like, Shane | Asura, Bai Jiao, Rachel, then probably like May or some other way of mitigating damage.

Like, you can hit ID with the Phoenix right out of the gate and your omni-maxed DPS will still die in 1 shot, so damage mitigation is basically required. But the rules change every time, so if you see something like -40% Player Defense and +40% Boss Damage then yeah.

So the basic strategy anyway with that setup is Asura and BJ give you immunity to the important stuff (you'll still get randomly 1HKOed because each of the boss heads has a random status ailment accessory), pop Phoenix immediately so you don't die, then Asura Lock On the middle head, then get to hammering away at the boss and heal as needed. You basically only get a few sets of attacks because once the second Constrict hits you have no immunities no matter what team you bring.

You might even be able to skip Lock On because Shane already has max Lethal, but the rest of your team won't be able to help much then. On the other hand, if the boss is immune to physical, then you gotta bring Feng Yan, and then you have no choice.

Like I said, ID is a loving mess. Getting 500k on Normal is basically just managing to actually land a few single target skills on it before you get crushed.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 18, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sylvia. Okay game, you finally got me, I don't have that one.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Raid Bosses still mega bugged.

NWM the suicide mobs have 10 speed and they will go first for some reason? Got an amazing score of 1 point thanks to that.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wow you aren't kidding, it's not even the auto-skill bug that's been going on. They straight up go first no matter what.

BTW it doesn't matter what the minions' speed is, it just matters the total speed of each team. But that only puts the enemy team at 240 speed and I had almost 260 on mine. So I'm guessing it's NM loving with people again by putting speed boosters on the boss and not listing them, not the first time they've done stuff like that for certain.

HateCrimeDoxNet
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
CRAZY GARBAGE

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 19, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Wow you aren't kidding, it's not even the auto-skill bug that's been going on. They straight up go first no matter what.

BTW it doesn't matter what the minions' speed is, it just matters the total speed of each team. But that only puts the enemy team at 240 speed and I had almost 260 on mine. So I'm guessing it's NM loving with people again by putting speed boosters on the boss and not listing them, not the first time they've done stuff like that for certain.

Apparently, its auto skill + shane thats the bug (if you turn off auto skill you wont have it happen). It can't be a speed thing cause the little dudes have a whopping 10 speed.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nah, I specifically turned Auto-Skill off when I went to try because I assumed it was just that again. But no, they still went first. Might just be a Shane specific bug in general now, who knows. I had Dragon Fury queued up :goleft:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Getting 28-day 4L selector on x-mas eve, yay!
Karma is not in the selector, naaaay :(

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Wondering if any of the boxes beside the Jewel/Accessories are worth it. Doesn't seem that way at the moment?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah none of the others appear worth it, the good weapons drop rates are bad and the key trades are less efficient than just grinding Adventure for them.

To clarify before anyone asks, you are just 'renting' the ability to buy the items from the chest, so for example you pay 30k gold upfront for the privilege of being able to pay 300k gold to buy a random accessory. Which sounds dumb but whatever, it's gold.

New costumes are all pretty good, BJ actually got a costume :wth:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im loving the chests. I have little time to play the game and mostly do the 3 daily dungeons + castle rush + daily quests and occationally do some arena and CT runs so i keep getting more and more keys. RIght now i have nearly 3k keys, so being able to spend them all on buying 3-4* heroes instantly is great.

In other news; you can do the power up crystal and the rice cake dungeons twice a day now. There is also a holiday dungeon dropping 3-4* elements added.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I probably should have converted all of my Rubies into keys while they were on sale, need thousands of the things between trying to finish Awakening Karin and Evan and needing upwards of about 12 million gold for the treasure chest thing.

Apparently the Unknown areas are pretty easy and have some decent rewards.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I probably should have converted all of my Rubies into keys while they were on sale, need thousands of the things between trying to finish Awakening Karin and Evan and needing upwards of about 12 million gold for the treasure chest thing.

Apparently the Unknown areas are pretty easy and have some decent rewards.

Think it's 28 mil for the jewel/accessories in total?

I guess I'm farming 8-20 easy during hot time for the foreseeable future. I thought about buying a poo poo load of keys, but then it kills key regeneration so I decided against it. Some redditor apparently bought 9999 keys tho god drat.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

300k * 35 = 10.5m for accessories
100k * 35 = 3.5m for jewels

But then I guess you have to add the cost of rerolling 4-5* accessories into that, but you can at least do that later.

Free 3-6* hero ticket spat out a LuBu at me :chloe:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 21, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

300k * 35 = 10.5m for accessories
100k * 35 = 3.5m for jewels

But then I guess you have to add the cost of rerolling 4-5* accessories into that, but you can at least do that later.

Free 3-6* hero ticket spat out a LuBu at me :chloe:

For some reason I thought you could pull it 70 times. 14mil seems lot more manageable.

Finally hit crystal rank in Arena, funny how much issue I had climbing after coming back. Awk Evan/Karin + Pascal/Karma/Gip did the trick.

Used to hit Top 50 weekly for the sweet sweet Ruby/Topaz running Velika + Rudy tank teams :v:

Raid team is pulling around 600-800k on auto on level 99 dragons.

Still getting owned by WBs but with all the bugs I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or just getting owned by bugs (did a whopping 1 dmg on NWM). Maybe It's my lack of Rachel?

Edit:

Regarding the New Unknown Dungeon, uh is it time limited or just new content? It's pretty vague

"In celebration of new dungeon update, we have prepared for a play event.
Play “Unknown Area” dungeon 1 time and get an Unlocker Leah.

Event period:
After 12/21 Update ~ Until 12/28 00:00 (UTC+0)"

Is the time cap for the free Leah or the whole dungeon?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 22, 2016

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I finally said screw it and finished the Ace puzzle with a couple of selectors. Not sure if he's still great for anything but at least I have him now!

Not sure if my next special hero selector is going to be Karma to 32 or first Kris. I'm finding Kris super obnoxious in arena, but maybe if I Karma to 32 he'll actually survive to use his buff strip.

I'm at 190 awakening shards for Evan, so I should finish that up by the end of the event. No Karin shards, but I don't have a Karin anyway so.

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 22, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I have Karma at 30 and he usually destroys Kris. Him at 32 would be nutty.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Randomly got 2 **** Espadas in my Random 3-6s today, so she'll be up to 40 in short order. (Well, Short Order once I get two ***** Water Elements, but still).

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The unlock dungeon is a permanent new feature, it is only the free Leah that has a time limit. The dungeon also only unlocks for one run every 1000 points, so it is not much of an event, but at least you get common awakening shards from it. One whole shard.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Fenris13 posted:

The unlock dungeon is a permanent new feature, it is only the free Leah that has a time limit. The dungeon also only unlocks for one run every 1000 points, so it is not much of an event, but at least you get common awakening shards from it. One whole shard.

The PvP one costs 200 ruby worth of Arenas and gives 6* jewel + 5* accessory + 6* item+ 15 awk (item) and 1 common awakening. It's a pretty good deal
The PvE one is 500 keys and is 4* element selector + 40 keys + 5-6 power up crystal + 15 crystal (item) and 1 hero

The loots p great esp the pvp one given how hard it is to get a 5* accessory

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I wasn't complaining about the quality of loot, except the whole 1 common shard, just pointing out that the dungeon is not something people will be doing regularly, more likely once every week or two, and that would make for a lovely time limited event.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Fenris13 posted:

I wasn't complaining about the quality of loot, except the whole 1 common shard, just pointing out that the dungeon is not something people will be doing regularly, more likely once every week or two, and that would make for a lovely time limited event.

Yeah, but at the same time would be nothing new for a phone game :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's a bit insane that they have four events going on at once that all require a huge amount of grinding/keys and no big freebie piles of keys to go along with it. And removed the cheap ones to buy for Rubies no less, all as planned. :suicide:

drat there's 29% Speed weapons in the Treasure Box and the drop chance is uh ....

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I've hit a wall in the Tower of Abyss on floor 15. My heroes are all pretty decently powered, transcended to 36 or higher, good to great gear. I've got to get through a team of Lee Jung, Lucy, Guan Yu, Rudy and Pascal but everything I've thrown at them just bounces off. Between the five of them there's an insane amount of defense, block, debuff and 5 target AoE immunity.

Any suggestions for team composition? Any weaknesses there I can exploit?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
what luck, pulled a 4* SWK from the quiz ticket

i hate that monkey

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

So about Castle Rush and the daily counter units. Are the different passives you need for the Knights some kind of persisting aura? If so, is the way to max points carrying a sacrificial lamb with the necessary buff up to the last stage and then letting a more powerful debuffer take their place? Or is it better to equip the Yuis, Victorias, Ranias etc for the long run?

I'm asking because you guys are chumping me in CR even though I consider my PvE team pretty baller by now.
Was using Spike as a stand-in for days I can't cover the gimmick directly but my next project is beefing up the CR income, so I'm open to suggestions.

Or is the trick to manual play erry day. Please say it ain't so.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I've hit a wall in the Tower of Abyss on floor 15. My heroes are all pretty decently powered, transcended to 36 or higher, good to great gear. I've got to get through a team of Lee Jung, Lucy, Guan Yu, Rudy and Pascal but everything I've thrown at them just bounces off. Between the five of them there's an insane amount of defense, block, debuff and 5 target AoE immunity.

Only Pascal on Round 2 has pierce damage, so I parked a 3 round immunity unit forward and rest at the back.

Round two you can use a Awk Evan to stun the Pascal if you got him. If not maybe a healer to tank Pascal's fixed 2k damage.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I unlocked the accessory selector. No idea which one to get.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

So about Castle Rush and the daily counter units. Are the different passives you need for the Knights some kind of persisting aura? If so, is the way to max points carrying a sacrificial lamb with the necessary buff up to the last stage and then letting a more powerful debuffer take their place? Or is it better to equip the Yuis, Victorias, Ranias etc for the long run?

I'm asking because you guys are chumping me in CR even though I consider my PvE team pretty baller by now.
Was using Spike as a stand-in for days I can't cover the gimmick directly but my next project is beefing up the CR income, so I'm open to suggestions.

Any passive or active skill with a turn limit will continue to exist even if the person who provided it dies. To keep them alive or not, depends on the day. Victoria is an okay replacement for BJ so you actually want to gear her up, you want her to survive about 5 turns before dieing, and bring a friend Victoria to replace her. That way you get a few more turns of lightning invuln and still bring a full set of damage buffs.

Rania, Yui, Zhuge you'd all rather die and replace if possible. Rudy depends on who you are using for the stun immunity but people these days are starting to run A.Evan for that now, who replaces the need for Lee Jung, Sieg or Karon, or Ace+Karma, etc.

Kris is a mess and I dunno what's a great setup for him, I typically use Karin and swap in another Karin friend when she dies, just keeping everyone alive tends to be good enough even if you lose some damage multiplier.

Yes you need to manually do CR to optimize your score, the Auto mode isn't smart enough to make sure skills are used at the right time. If you want to really start optimizing past 5m+ even you'll have to use Feng Yan and he has no Lethal at all so auto isn't even a usable option at that point.

Senerio posted:

I unlocked the accessory selector. No idea which one to get.

Crit Damage for any DPS heroes first, or on any auto-crit guys if you want. HP accessories are a safe bet after that, or buy Death debuffs for PvP.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

For dealing with debuffs I bring in a character that gives the party immunity for X turns but ideally they're 6* lv1 lv30 ungeared +0 characters. They give their passive at the start of the instance but it doesn't end when they die so I can replace them with a friend unit to boost my CR score. The swapped in character doesn't get the debuff immunity though. So for example, on Dellon's CR day I have Shane | Dellons, Rachel, Sieg, and my lv1 6* Yui. Yui dies immediately quickly on the 7K phase at which point I bring in my friend Eileen for her passive physical damage buff. This way my four characters have silence immunity and Eileen to buff Shane's damage that'll stick around even if she gets silenced.

The sooner the debuff immunity unit dies the sooner you can bring in some friend lv40 hulkster who can help you wreck poo poo. Don't power them up or give them gear. e: Make sure they last long enough to reach the 7K phase though /e:

Rudy's day is the odd man out, you want beefy copies of the two stun immunity characters (Sieg and Karon) for raids, and Sieg is good on his own and way easier to transcend than Ace. I aim for keeping two characters who can remove Rudy's Defense Preparation and things turn kinda messy in my team. I usually replace Dellons with Karma and use my lv30 Ace with my Sieg and bring in the game's lv40 friend Rudy who can deal with buffs and not get Rush-stunned (so Shane | Karma, Rachel, Sieg, Ace to be clear).

I only get a bit north of one million on normal CRs though, I don't know what the pros use.

e: Being beaten by ten minutes happens when you go grab breakfast midpost, listen to GB!

e2: im dum, gotta update my CR team too, don't use lv1 characters for Normal CRs. You'll get the full duration of the debuff immunity if your debuff immunity character is alive at the start of the 7K phase since the duration of all turn-based passives is reset at the start of each phase. This is why you listen to GB!

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 23, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

One thing to note is that the passive turn limit resets every round, so you do want to make sure your 6* immunity guys don't die before you get to the 7K. Typically I just get them to Lv30 and leave them there, so they don't get picked off by a random attack from the first two rounds.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Man, I should know these things for how long I've been playing :negative: I even knew that applies to other passives like damage immunity, I don't know why I didn't think about debuff immunity passives! Thanks GB

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 23, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I fought fire with fire for this round, with a super tanky composition of A.E. and Espada in front, and Lucy Karma and May in back. I probably would have put Lucy up front and Espada in the back but Lucy is only half geared, if that.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

does the +dmg% on a jewel stack with Ace or BJ's passive/skill (or any other +dmg%)

trying to maximize Shane here

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

marxismftw posted:

does the +dmg% on a jewel stack with Ace or BJ's passive/skill (or any other +dmg%)

trying to maximize Shane here

Jewels stack with everything. The only things that don't stack with one another are any Passive/Active Buffs, and Accessories. So for example, a +Lethal jewel will stack with +Lethal weapons, and those will stack with a +Lethal passive skill (like BJ's), but a +Lethal accessory will have no effect beyond that (because BJ's passive is stronger), and multiple +Lethal passives won't stack either (so BJ+Sera on the same team just gives you the higher of the two).

Now that being said, All Damage is weird because there's a hard cap on it at +80%, and with a passive skill and masteries you're already at around 70% (and IIRC the +Skill Damage adds into this as well for skills). So +Damage jewels are not really desirably for Raid/CR for that reason.

HOWEVER, they ARE desirable for World Boss and Arena. In Arena, you can not take Dellons or Karma for some team comps, and then your +All Damage jewels are giving you the full benefit. Plus, if your Karma/Dellons dies then you imediately lose your damage boost, so having the Jewel to fall back on is helpful, especially for Immortals or other long-lasting guys. Also, +Crit Damage jewels are much weaker in Arena because so many good heroes have Auto-Block.

Similar story for World Boss, team space is super duper limited and if you're taking any Damage booster it's gonna be Eileen or BJ. So you can use Jewels to help fill in there instead. But you can also rely on Crit Damage more, so it's a tossup.

Speaking of World Boss, finally got a decent score on ID, ~350k for Normal, ~3.5m for Easy, puts me around the 2% bracket. Who made it possible? Oh you know exactly who ...

Oh yeah, I did figure out that WB going into Extreme mode is tied to the timer, not turns. So after 10 minutes your poo poo is done, regardless of how many turns pass.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 26, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Jewels stack with everything. The only things that don't stack with one another are any Passive/Active Buffs, and Accessories. So for example, a +Lethal jewel will stack with +Lethal weapons, and those will stack with a +Lethal passive skill (like BJ's), but a +Lethal accessory will have no effect beyond that (because BJ's passive is stronger), and multiple +Lethal passives won't stack either (so BJ+Sera on the same team just gives you the higher of the two).

Now that being said, All Damage is weird because there's a hard cap on it at +80%, and with a passive skill and masteries you're already at around 70% (and IIRC the +Skill Damage adds into this as well for skills). So +Damage jewels are not really desirably for Raid/CR for that reason.

HOWEVER, they ARE desirable for World Boss and Arena. In Arena, you can not take Dellons or Karma for some team comps, and then your +All Damage jewels are giving you the full benefit. Plus, if your Karma/Dellons dies then you imediately lose your damage boost, so having the Jewel to fall back on is helpful, especially for Immortals or other long-lasting guys. Also, +Crit Damage jewels are much weaker in Arena because so many good heroes have Auto-Block.

Similar story for World Boss, team space is super duper limited and if you're taking any Damage booster it's gonna be Eileen or BJ. So you can use Jewels to help fill in there instead. But you can also rely on Crit Damage more, so it's a tossup.

Speaking of World Boss, finally got a decent score on ID, ~350k for Normal, ~3.5m for Easy, puts me around the 2% bracket. Who made it possible? Oh you know exactly who ...

Oh yeah, I did figure out that WB going into Extreme mode is tied to the timer, not turns. So after 10 minutes your poo poo is done, regardless of how many turns pass.

Mind sharing your line up for each boss? My raid team can do around 800k-1mil auto on a 99 dragon but I haven't scored more than 10k in the last 2 WB runs.

I can't tell if its the bug or what but I don't even get to take a turn before the boss just kills all my dudes.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The strategy guide list the speed of each boss, so if your team is faster and you have and you have anyone with 1 skill (like Shane or Lee Jung) and you still don't go first, then that's the bug. You can switch Shane for Feng Yan to avoid that problem, which also helps make sure you have enough speed. Just make sure you check the boss to see if it's phys or mag immune. Some days you don't get much choice.

ID is only speed 60, NMW is only 240, SW is really the big problem at 400. But also remember that you get +10% to your speed and -10% to enemy speed from masteries, so for SW you only really need about 328 speed total.

Team comp changes depending on what bonuses the boss has so it's hard to say what's a normal team, but for ID this time I ran with:
Shane | Asura, Bai Jiao, Rachel, May

Which was actually probably a tad too tanky for this go around, considering it had no damage buffs, I was basically not eating any damage at all for most of the fight (until it sniped off May). With decent luck I probably could have swapped May for Karma and pushed up towards 500k damage or so. Opening skill set looks something like: Phoenix, Shane, Fiendish, Lock-On or Shane, then May gun when time provides. Shane doesn't need Asura's Lock-On at all for this fight, it's practically optional but will allow the others' to do a little extra damage so it's nice for when you have downtime.

Some thoughts for improving beyond that though: Counter-rate is actually bad for this fight. Any time spend swatting at the side heads is wasted, stalling turn length doesn't help since you are fighting against the clock against Constrict, and the 10 minute hard time cap. Optimally, you'd actually probably not have Rachel at all for this fight (not sure if you can get enough damage mitigation without her though, but May + Feng might work?), and also you'd be running a DPS built for HP instead of Counter (so, maybe HP Dellons?) so they could actually survive some hits without May. You'd preferably have Sieg or Ace for this fight as well because of that extra 80% Damage Inflicted. But again, it depends on what buffs the boss has, some days you get -Defense and +Boss Damage and it's just like, we;lp.

Also, some times you just get hosed randomly. Boss has random status ailments and sometimes it'll just open up by slapping a Death on someone :suicide:

Oh yeah one other thing, never attack ID until the last day. The lower it's life, the better odds the Lethal targeting will work. Attack early on and you might get Asura locking the wrong head repeatedly.

I'll do SW and NMW later, gotta head out for 2nd Christmas, not to be confused with 3rd christmas which happens tomorrow :regd09:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 26, 2016

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Finished getting my Evan awoken today :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

!!!!!!!!

also we got spots open in the goon guild, lmk

• Locked thread