Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Mirthless posted:

it's like the people running the party don't remember the election they just lost :psyduck:

All of these complaints are infinitely less important to normal rear end people than failing the bar and even that doesn't matter.

This is like when they said Sanders would lose tons of voters because he stole power as a poor kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

"if you can't drive or pay taxes you can't organize your life" is pretty fuckin out-of-touch lol. I'm willing to bet that at some point, most average americans have struggled with paying their bills and it'd be nice to have someone in charge who knows what that feels like (and hasn't forgotten or not learned)

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Serf posted:

"if you can't drive or pay taxes you can't organize your life" is pretty fuckin out-of-touch lol. I'm willing to bet that at some point, most average americans have struggled with paying their bills and it'd be nice to have someone in charge who knows what that feels like (and hasn't forgotten or not learned)

You mean like, having trouble getting a loan for their summer house? I knew a guy once that had to sell his third home, and let me tell you, the embarrassment was enough to keep him from running for anything.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Serf posted:

This. Also, it could not have been easy to win that seat in 2006. My impression of DFL Minnesotans, specifically around Minneapolis, is that they're highly participatory in primaries so it wasn't like someone cleared the way for him to win, the way it has been for so many establishment Dems.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Someone remind me again how exactly Ellison is an "insider" but Perez isn't :confused:

also why are people worrying about SCANDALS and making comparisons to HRC? Ellison is not running for president. That's not what matters in a DNC chair race.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What I'm getting at here is that these fucks will say whatever they have to to discredit someone; they're already pretending to have the opposite opinions they did two months ago

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Serf posted:

every time they try to make Keith seem bad, I just find him more relatable

Sure the DNC establishment may be full of empty suits filled with bullshit, wall street cash, and platitudes, but what if I told you that Keith Ellison had unpaid parking tickets 25 years ago!?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

tadashi posted:

The smear campaign on Kool Keith is in full effect.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/311270-old-finance-woes-haunt-ellisons-dnc-bid

Burn and salt the earth.

And we have empirical proof. :lol:

quote:

At the time, Kim Ellison said that memory loss associated with her multiple sclerosis was the reason for the unpaid traffic tickets, late campaign finance reports, and household bookkeeping errors.

But Ellison’s detractors within the DNC say that it’s evidence he can’t manage his personal life and would be a poor choice to manage an institution the size of the DNC.

Not a good look for you, establishment.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Iron Twinkie posted:

Sure the DNC establishment may be full of empty suits filled with bullshit, wall street cash, and platitudes, but what if I told you that Keith Ellison had unpaid parking tickets 25 years ago!?

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/06/new_york_times_ignored_15_unpaid_tickets_of_obama_in_2007.html

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Somewhere Keith Ellison is reading an IRS manual and scratching his head unelectably.

Serf
May 5, 2011

like the idea of a politician without skeletons in their closet is ridiculous. and the attempt at being the Perfect Person is one of the things I hate most about politics. they try to make these people seem like they've never done anything wrong is infuriating. human beings gently caress up and make mistakes, and I'm more turned off by attempts to hide your past than I am at what you actually did.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Serf posted:

like the idea of a politician without skeletons in their closet is ridiculous. and the attempt at being the Perfect Person is one of the things I hate most about politics. they try to make these people seem like they've never done anything wrong is infuriating. human beings gently caress up and make mistakes, and I'm more turned off by attempts to hide your past than I am at what you actually did.

yeah im disgusted that ellison is trying to hide his past of virulent antisemitism and high parking crimes

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Serf posted:

Plus, when there's absolutely nothing on a politician, it makes me nervous like they're going to be John Edwards all over again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Obama comparison is such an obvious one, like, someone just needs to stick a microphone in these people's faces and say "I want you to tell me right now that Barack Obama should not have been President because of his unpaid parking tickets", and if they can't, follow up with "ok then please shut up about them forever"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Serf posted:

Just wait, the first people who were in college during the age of camera phones and social media are just 1-2 election cycles away from their first serious Senate, governor, and presidential runs!

Serf
May 5, 2011

tadashi posted:

Plus, when there's absolutely nothing on a politician, it makes me nervous like they're going to be John Edwards all over again.

at first I was wondering what noted necromancer John Edwards did wrong, and then I remembered you were talking about the lovely John Edwards

yeah, that dude sucks

e:

Thoguh posted:

Just wait, the first people who were in college during the age of camera phones and social media are just 1-2 election cycles away from their first serious Senate, governor, and presidential runs!

Donald Trump has proven now that we can all do anything regardless of our pasts

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Trump gets elected and certain democrats complain an unpaid parking ticket is somehow a political disqualifier, ahahah

Get hosed assholes

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Thoguh posted:

I seriously cannot wait until a presidential candidate is asked about their participation in something called 'Nite Crew'.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Nite Crew? That was just internet forum talk

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

docbeard posted:

I seriously cannot wait until a presidential candidate is asked about their participation in something called 'Nite Crew'.

well true, my neck tattoo will be hard to hide

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Mirthless posted:

it's like the people running the party don't remember the election they just lost :psyduck:

Googling Bob Mulholland and looking under the News section sure is fun.

quote:

“Do these people read newspapers?” said Bob Mulholland, a California superdelegate and Clinton supporter who has accused Sanders supporters of harassing his peers. “Are they reading some chain email with bogus numbers? I hold Sanders somewhat responsible for this, because he comes across on TV as a very angry old man, riling people up.”

quote:

“A rally in California is three people in front of their living-room TV,” said Bob Mulholland, a longtime California Democratic operative and Clinton supporter. “A smart candidate will be hitting two or three media markets a day and getting on TV as much as possible.”

quote:

Dear Senator Bernie Sanders,

I have heard many complaints from other unbound Delegates to our National Convention in Philadelphia (my hometown), about getting harassing emails, Facebook postings and phone calls, even to one woman at 10:30 at night, from some of your supporters demanding that we support you. We would expect this type of bullying tactics from Trump supporters. Roger Stone threatened on April 5th- he will send angry Trump supporters to the hotel rooms (Cleveland) of any delegates who betrays Donald. Do you have a similar Plan?

I have seen you on TV stating (demanding to many of your supporters) that Superdelegates should vote for the candidate that won their state. Really? Where is that in the National Delegate Plan that former Vermont Governor Howard Dean must vote for you? Congressman Raul Grijalva, a supporter of yours, who represents the 3rd district in Arizona, a state that voted 58% for Clinton and Grijalva's own district voted 61.7% for Clinton has not switched. Where is your letter to Congressman Grijalva, instructing him to shift his support to Clinton? Look in the mirror- you'll see a political hypocrite! From what I hear, Congressman Grijalva, when asked if he is shifting his support to Clinton, his response- drop dead. That is his right- he is a Congressman, thus a delegate.

Society has been trying to deal with High School bullies and the same Rule should apply to your campaign and your supporters. Us active Democrats enjoy healthy discussions and debates at meetings, Caucuses and Conventions but it is unacceptable for us to get harassing communications from bullies. As a Clinton supporter, I have not received harassing phone calls but it does appear women DNC Members are getting the brunt of the threats. Professionally, campaign staff and representatives should be the ones calling delegates. A 12 year old child answering the phone at home should not be hearing threats.

Most of us DNC Members have been in the Democratic Party vineyards for years, as have the Clintons. For me it has been over 40 years. I became disillusioned with the war in Vietnam (I had volunteered for the Paratroopers and Vietnam), after being wounded in March 1968 (101st Airborne), it was the beginning for me to turning to politics. So those of us with callouses on our Democratic Party hands (something lacking with you, not even going to our National Conventions to vote for our nominees), we notice things, such as not one US Senator is supporting you. Not even Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy. We noticed what you said to Rachel Maddow (March 30, 2016) when she said that Secretary Clinton has raised millions for the Democratic Party (DNC, DCCC, DSCC and State Parties) and asked you- will you do the same? You said, "We'll see." I fell off my chair. The Koch brothers announced a $900 million dollar plan against Democrats, and we have a big ticket from Governors to Congress to races in all states and your answer- we'll see. Our nominee for President has to help raise tens of millions of dollars all over our country. We cannot afford a selfish nominee.

I would urge that you and your staff publicly state that you want all harassing communications to DNC members to stop. In 2008, I received a phone call from a US Senator, urging me to support Senator Obama - a very professional and courteous call.

Sincerely,

Bob Mulholland
DNC Member
Chico, CA

P.S. In case no one clued you in- that NY Times piece (April 4, 2016) with Jeff Weaver and Tad Devine providing "background material," is a standard practice by some consultants. They are getting very nervous. They are laying out the "DNA evidence," that the candidate (you) will lose and it is your fault, not theirs. A suggestion for you- you need to be better prepared yourself- you're coming across as shrill.

P.P.S. Secretary Clinton has received about 58% of the vote so far, thus ahead of you by 2,400,000 votes and 250 Pledged Delegates. We also notice that the Base of our Party is voting overwhelmingly for Secretary Clinton.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

docbeard posted:

"What do you have to explain about all those posts reading 'nuke everything hail satan?"
"Those were made when I was young, and angry. My views are now closer to 'Nuke some things, hail satan"

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
"Sure, I could have paid my parking tickets on time... But would it have ended racism? Would it have ended sexism?"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lena Dunham appears, out of breath

I never had an unpaid parking ticket, but I wish I...where's everybody going? Come back!

Serf
May 5, 2011

docbeard posted:

"I'm glad you asked. I am proud of the time I spent with Nite Crew, and I believe that statements I made such as "lol nothing matters" and "hail satan" accurately reflect my mental state in the wake of the 2016 election. And let me just say right now, lmao today, lmao forever."

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
It'd be super lol if Ellison's unpaid parking tickets were from his time at my university, where I have like three unpaid parking tickets. I would donate the money for those tickets to him if that were the case.

e: Oh, it's in Minneapolis. Well, whatever, nobody loving cares about the party chairperson's parking tickets. What a loving dumb thing to pretend to care about, liberals.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

docbeard posted:

it'd be like choom gang

we go play cspam

l a t e r s

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Democrats be like
https://twitter.com/aedison/status/786716488090718208

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Iron Twinkie posted:

gently caress this reminded me i have late parking tickets i need to pay

Serf
May 5, 2011

I have to believe this is a joke if only because she says she's a comedian.

if it is a joke, congrats on like 3 people understanding the reference

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is this ironic, because it sounds like it would be but it is also Twitter so

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jesus gently caress it's a joke, guys.

https://twitter.com/aedison/status/811572272225984512

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also according to her twitter profile she she is selling copies of sexts she sent for :10bux: if that's your thing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

2016 be Poe's Lawing it up bro, gotta make sure

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Keith Ellison dripped dressing on the counter at a salad bar once.

That says something about his leadership if you ask me.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

boy i wonder why people charge the left with both sexism and a lack of a sense of humor

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
s
m
d
h

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

you knew what you were doing.

:smugdon:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

why are you guys acting like I got mad, I literally just said "is this a joke because it seems like a joke but it's also Twitter" :confused:

I was doing the Reddit Futurama Fry "not sure if" meme face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

NO JOKE BUT THE JOKE THAT IS CAPITALISM

• Locked thread