Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

FirstPersonShitter posted:

because de are actually really nice (apart from that evil steve or scott or whoever) and communicative so people can be rude to them on a personal level, whereas nexon is a faceless evil megacorp who cares no more for their pain than they care for a fly

You're thinking of Sheldon, who is in charge of RNG and rewards and plat prices and all that bullshit that appears random because he most likely just pulled numbers out of his rear end. For underwhelming frames and powers, blame Scott. For retarded features or graphical glitches and the story and how everything appears to be running in 12 different directions with no clear final goal, that's on Steve. For making us feel like losers (all 26 millions of us), that's Space Mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Patch notes are finally up!

quote:

Conclave Changes:
You can now choose to play with just your Clan by selecting the new "Clan Only" button!
Oh joy. :rolleyes: Well, at least we could game Conclave now if we really wanted to?

quote:

Disposition has been reduced for the following weapons:
Soma
Simulor
Tonkor
Disposition has been increased for the following weapons:
Flux Rifle
Tetra
Panthera
Miter
Vulkar
Harpak
Mutalist Quanta
Tiberon
Attica
Sweet, my Vulkar Riven will be even better.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Flux Rifle-lol

Tetra- Okay

Panthera-Real talk, if Panthera had non-poo poo status chance, it would be a good weapon. Slash procs can get really loving silly. Till then, lol

Miter-lol

Vulkar-Cool!

Harpak-It's no Boltor but cool!

Mutalist Quanta-lol

Tiberon-Okay

Attica-Cool

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Yapping Eevee posted:

Oh joy. :rolleyes: Well, at least we could game Conclave now if we really wanted to?

Where at? I can't find them out of game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lex Prime is everything I ever dreamed of in a vidjagame magnum.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Broose posted:

Where at? I can't find them out of game.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/737306-the-war-within-update-1942-19421/

They also said they're aware of other bugs that need to be fixed, which they'll get to in the morning.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nullifier bubbles appear to be invisible now. Perfect.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Night10194 posted:

Lex Prime is everything I ever dreamed of in a vidjagame magnum.

both lex prime and vasto prime are fun as hell for different reasons. probably some of my favorite weapons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

If this is intentional lmao

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Man orokin cells don't seem to be dropping for me.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

I ran the sortie and I saw them just fine; apparently it might have to do if whether you're hosting?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Holy crap they shortened sort survival and excavations. Best patch.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I was skimming through a datamine of the new riven dispositions and

oh poo poo

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

both lex prime and vasto prime are fun as hell for different reasons. probably some of my favorite weapons.

I've got a friend that runs a Lex Prime (which I actually got for him last Christmas), I run a Vasto prime myself, and seeing them both in action I have to say that this is absolutely true.

Although I might be the weird one, because I actually preferred the single Vasto over the Akvasto, and I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the single Vasto P over the Ak version.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

sockpuppetclock posted:

I was skimming through a datamine of the new riven dispositions and

oh poo poo

:unsmigghh: It begins.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Some of the colours you can use on kavats are hilarious.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't get over how bad the new anti-aliasing method, introduced in the new patch, looks.
They replaced one of the best post-processing AA methods I've ever seen with something that barely removes the aliasing.

DE could've at least kept the old method as an option.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is the Telos Boltace worth using or should I just sell them?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They are good in that the slide attack is a beast with a guaranteed slash proc, but you have to spam slide attack non stop to get the most outta them so they are annoying to use imo.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

MMF Freeway posted:

They are good in that the slide attack is a beast with a guaranteed slash proc, but you have to spam slide attack non stop to get the most outta them so they are annoying to use imo.

They're annoying for everyone. The visual effect is so loving loud that even one person spamming it in a mission can make it impossible to see anything. Especially in some of the smaller defence areas.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

They're annoying for everyone. The visual effect is so loving loud that even one person spamming it in a mission can make it impossible to see anything. Especially in some of the smaller defence areas.

You've just described the perfect weapon in this game and now I've got to get to trading. Please tell me it also uses your energy color :allears:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Kokoro Wish posted:

Is it less or more loud than JK + explodey mod?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

you can do it way faster so it's way more annoying.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

Sounds like a great reason to use nothing but that weapon.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

As the thread ambassador of maiming strike I am honor bound to use this weapon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's about drat time! :toot:

Patch Notes posted:

Sicarus Prime Changes:

Buffed base damage from 30 to 40
Increased Crit chance from 10% to 20% and Crit multiplier 1.5 to 2
Increased Clip Size from 21 to 24.

I just threw on a Primed Target Cracker/Pistol Gambit combo and it's pretty respectable. Glad to have my favorite sidearm back.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 21, 2016

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Yapping Eevee posted:

Haha, they increased it for Harpak too. :getin:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I just threw on a Primed Target Cracker/Pistol Gambit combo and it's pretty respectable. Glad to have my favorite sidearm back.

Bet that'd make a pretty nice secondary for a Peacemaker Mesa!

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Echophonic posted:

Nice! Can't wait to try it out.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Oh hey, according to the Glast Gambit page, they're adding both Secondary AND Shotgun rivens in the Glast update.
Are there any shotgun families that are actually just plain bad? Even the Strun has the Strun Wraith that can hit 100% status super easy, right? It'd be kind of funny if the shotgun rivens all end up with faint dispositions.
Edit: Oh right, Convectrix. Forgot that was even a thing.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 21, 2016

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Do positive recoil rivens on the sybaris introduce noticeable recoil within the burst?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I can't get over how bad the new anti-aliasing method, introduced in the new patch, looks.
They replaced one of the best post-processing AA methods I've ever seen with something that barely removes the aliasing.

DE could've at least kept the old method as an option.

Do you have motion blur enabled? For some reason the new high AA looks like your screen is smeared with Vaseline unless you got motion blur on. Steve said he's working on a workaround to be released asap.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ElegantFugue posted:

Bet that'd make a pretty nice secondary for a Peacemaker Mesa!

Hadn't even considered that, it'll combine nicely with her passive. Wish there were more options for punch-through on pistols.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Hadn't even considered that, it'll combine nicely with her passive. Wish there were more options for punch-through on pistols.

You'll probably need to spend several hundred plat on it, but you could grab a riven for it with +punch when they come out. We're probably gonna see some really weird stuff with secondary rivens, some of them get pretty weird mechanically.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

ElegantFugue posted:

Oh hey, according to the Glast Gambit page, they're adding both Secondary AND Shotgun rivens in the Glast update.
Are there any shotgun families that are actually just plain bad? Even the Strun has the Strun Wraith that can hit 100% status super easy, right? It'd be kind of funny if the shotgun rivens all end up with faint dispositions.

Phage isn't good, but it isn't unusable terrible either

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ElegantFugue posted:

Boar stuff ain't great, that'll probably get strong disposition. Convectrix too. Phage should get strong, but might get neutral. I think the Strun is pretty mediocre even with the status on the Wraith, but it'll probably get neutral. I could also see the Drakgoon getting neutral. That leaves the Kohm, Hek, Sobek, and Tigris with faint disposition.

I mean yeah, it's gonna be a bit heavy on faint stuff, but there are definitely a few weapons that could get real dumb in a good way (please give my Drakgoon all the multishot).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I have to know: Does this game have players that actually care about its story beyond it just being a goofy mess of inexplicable space ninja and tyranny clones?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Night10194 posted:

I have to know: Does this game have players that actually care about its story beyond it just being a goofy mess of inexplicable space ninja and tyranny clones?

I'm not as deeply invested it as I am something like FFXIV, but I'm definitely enjoying the story emphasis they've been doing recently.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It's a fun story, which is good enough for me. I do love knowing why I'm anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Whats the best infested style primary? I need to get my loadout ready and I already have the pox and mios