Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

kids these days love ol' optic with their ginger kid and the dude who i think is Asian?

however the old school try hards and idiot kids who will still try that no scope 720 sniper kill on loving FROST know the real deal is Fa capital Z e.

The match was great though, Virtually nothing in it in every game. The highlight being Faze taking uplink with three seconds to go on a dunk when 4-3 down, 2-0 at the break.

Now the programming goes back to scrub teams with scrub names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I wish they did Shipment 24/7 on MWR during double XP, like they always do Nuketown 24/7 in the Black Ops games. Would help with leveling up quite a bit.

MWR is really showing how much they've sped up leveling in the new games. I've played 15h now and I'm at level 46 - if it wasn't for Shipment I'd be at around 40.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Pfft. The way :iw: runs things, they'll make Wetwork the 24/7 map.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Nah, it's gotta be Bog 24/7 and Overgrown 24/7.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

So, dies anyone know what the body multipliers are for that epic burst revolver?

Because it is seriously the most inconsistent piece of poo poo I've ever used.
I've lost count of the number of times I've heard three ticks at point blank and my target has lived to kill me dead.
Swear to God, if you don't hit the heart, the enemy doesn't die.

Also, loving :lol: at it having a "rapid cycle rate" when it's slower than the RK5, less accurate, and only carries 12 rounds per load, vs. 15.

Nah that's just the netcode. Unless you are far away, it always kills in one burst to the head or chest. Of course the R3K just got buffed so its probably worthless in comparison.

I should probably play this dumb game again since the Christmas Event is coming on the 21.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The netcode in this game is such a loving joke.

One match, it's fine, then the next seven you couldn't win with the most broken weapons in the game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

One match, it's fine, then the next seven you couldn't win with the most broken weapons in the game.
That's my major beef. Hell, it fluctuates during a match. If it was consistently bad I could adapt.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

crunched the numbers with my new scuf and have decided that the OSA is still the best gun and raining (one) fiery death from above is Fun.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Mister Macys posted:

BLOPS3 is still populated and fun

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I need to find another eighty gigs first. :smithicide:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I booted this game up for the first in a couple weeks and I have Open NAT without having to run MWR first. What is this craziness?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

I booted this game up for the first in a couple weeks and I have Open NAT without having to run MWR first. What is this craziness?
I've noticed that the past couple of times too. Maybe one of the recent patches unfucked something.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That Tactical TDM mode is pretty good. The lag isn't nearly as noticeable when people don't move so fast. It kept making me play Frontier so I'm not sure what its like on other maps. Its funny watching people still try and play it like the normal game.

Oh and that new R3K variant is legit. I can't use it without a Foregrip, though.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the hornet- A Good Gun

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mill Village posted:

That Tactical TDM mode is pretty good. The lag isn't nearly as noticeable when people don't move so fast. It kept making me play Frontier so I'm not sure what its like on other maps. Its funny watching people still try and play it like the normal game.

Oh and that new R3K variant is legit. I can't use it without a Foregrip, though.

I play frontline and it's usually the first in the list of special game modes. When I couldn't double jump I thought my scuf had broken again (a day before it actually did.) only when I realised I was on a map that isn't in the frontline rotation did I figure out my mistake.

Also I hated it. Probably because I've had 2 years of jumping around conditioned into my body and in the boots on ground days I was a serial camper.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Tac TDM is more a feel-good mode if you don't like core and also don't like Hardcore. As in, while you still need some skill, at least it's due to fundamental shooting.

Also my only Tac TDM match today had some jarring lagspikes. If only one guy drops to two-bar, is it safe to assume you're on a P2P?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Diamond SMGs, now that those are done along with shotguns I NEVER HAVE TO DO ANOTHER loving SLIDE KILL EVER AGAIN gently caress YOU SLIDE KILLS :byodood:

Headshots remaining on 2 ars, 2 lmgs, 2 snipers, pistols, knife, and a tiny bit on the howitzer left... don't think I can get that done by xmas, but probably in the week after.

I've discovered I really like the Mauler when not going for headshots. It's a stupid gun to go for headshots with, but the variant with tighter hipfire and a laser sight is an incredible aerial toy. You can poo poo all over people from literal great heights with it, and it has an ultra fast sprintout, so you occasionally win surprise face to face fights you have no business winning.

I usually prefer man at arms with lmgs, but using Propulsion with the Mauler is a good time.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AchyHippo/video/24458942

I meant to do that.

Yep, totally planned, good job me.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Alteisen posted:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AchyHippo/video/24458942

I meant to do that.

Yep, totally planned, good job me.

The old panic rocket.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So I filed my insurance claim yesterday now that I'm home and I've got a question: if I just buy the base game, will I still be able to use MWR remastered since I've already redeemed that to my PSN account from the copy that was stolen?

Also, should I even bother replacing this game? Are you guys still playing?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

So I filed my insurance claim yesterday now that I'm home and I've got a question: if I just buy the base game, will I still be able to use MWR remastered since I've already redeemed that to my PSN account from the copy that was stolen?

Also, should I even bother replacing this game? Are you guys still playing?
If MWR was a code and you redeemed it you should be able to redownload it from your library no problem. It's not the huge group playing BO3 but there are still some of us kicking around. Usually I log on and if nobody's playing I'll do something else, but if you see me on and want to play just shoot me an invite.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Last night I played this game for the first time in several weeks and we had a full party. We even played Domination!

We should play MWR because Christmas Crash has a bunch of camo challenges. I hope a 24/7 playlist shows up soon. 50 wins on that map is going to take some time.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Christmas goodies tonight :neckbeard:

Hoping for ugly Christmas sweater guns

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

victrix posted:

Christmas goodies tonight :neckbeard:

Hoping for ugly Christmas sweater guns

I too hope for literal Christmas sweater guns

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i just completely ruined six pounds of onions in a pressure cooker so i'm going to quit cooking and play this game instead, lets get a group going

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
E: ^^^ eh, ok

I remember paying for ugly sweater camo in MW3 and I put it on my riot shield.

I still don't regret it.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i just completely ruined six pounds of onions in a pressure cooker so i'm going to quit cooking and play this game instead, lets get a group going

I have 3 lbs of corned beef in the pressure cooker right now. Lobbies today have been excellent.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
You're full AND have 2 standby, it's amazing.

Day Day I have another chat party set up so we can play until there are spots in the main.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Are y'all PS4 or Xbone?

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Is there really no way in MWR to assign L1/R1 as aim/fire, respectively? I know all you probably use bumper jumper or whatever, but I'm not cool.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Is there really no way in MWR to assign L1/R1 as aim/fire, respectively? I know all you probably use bumper jumper or whatever, but I'm not cool.

I believe it's "Flip Button Layout" just under the control scheme options in MWR (you press X/Square in IW when at button layout screen for flipped.)

DLC1 for IW includes a remake of Afghan! Too bad buying CoD DLC is A Bad Idea so I won't get to play it.

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/811319728299917312

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The dlc maps actually look really cool, Noir looks amazing and I miss night maps :(

Neon has some stolen-from-Titanfall1 glitch map simulation going on, dead players deconstruct tron style, it's pretty neat

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hahaha holy hell the bomber is such a good sniper rifle !!!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Godzilla07 posted:

I believe it's "Flip Button Layout" just under the control scheme options in MWR (you press X/Square in IW when at button layout screen for flipped.)

DLC1 for IW includes a remake of Afghan! Too bad buying CoD DLC is A Bad Idea so I won't get to play it.

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/811319728299917312

Fun fact: Rave in the Redwoods appears to have a trap that is just :catdrugs: : The Trap.

It also might start you out punching zombos.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I need 5 air to ground scorestreak kills and 8 quad feeds.

I have a horrible feeling I need to go to the shitshow that is ground war to get the two master cards I want.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You want Hardcore Domination on Genesis for quad feeds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAjVyJ9ebvY

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Last night was fun. I really like the Type 2, it reminds me of the MW2 ACR for some reason.

I'll hopefully be around more often in the near future, I've hardly had time for games the last month or so and I bought a Steam Link so I play most of my games on my couch downstairs these days.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mill Village posted:

You want Hardcore Domination on Genesis for quad feeds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAjVyJ9ebvY

Totally trying this.

Lazyfire posted:

I really like the Type 2, it reminds me of the MW2 ACR for some reason.

I'm currently golding it and I love it. Except the loving Butcher.

Friendly reminder to everyone that 99% of people haven't unlocked the M1 and that it is a one shot kill on TTDM. So if you have it, feel free to hate gently caress the entire player base with one shot kills. Even with a suppressor it has very good one shot kill range.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They're doing gift supply boxes you need to login every day for. First one had a calling card. In case you only play this game on weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
decided to take up on their offer for the 25 crates + 250 salvage, I got the ripper and the Butcher variants! AND that gave me just enough salvage to craft myself the Mammoth. Pretty happy with my purchase for once!

• Locked thread