Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Xaerael posted:

2.6 is a chris-mas miracle.

Thanks CIG. 2016 has sucked, but you've managed to make us all smile in here.

Merry Chris-mess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Nicholas posted:

this game looks good and homefully star citizen stays a quarantine zone for the genre.

The thing I love most is the docking system.
Like seriously, is CIG gonna re-do all ships to add a docking door?

But is just one of those things Shitizens don't wanna think about it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAMcoikaBlU

i'm the ship spazzing out at 0:40

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ArfJason posted:

So what youre telling me is that you have a twitter and you use it for the express purpose of following a bunch people you literally hate and read all their tweets because they make/like the bad videogame?
In what way is this any better?

No, like I said, it's blank. Like, totally blank.

Look, I know how this poo poo works, I've been looking at this entirely blank screen for literally days and it's blank as hell.

I'm basically an expert on twitter at this point and I know for a fact that it doesn't constantly pop up with random poo poo from people you aren't following just because they think you "might be interested in" due to someone you follow also following an account that liked a tweet. No sir, not even once. This is a thing I have never seen.

You seem to be treating me like some sort of moron who has no idea how twitter works. That's a lie. Twitter doesn't have any "suggested" tweets or anything like that. Any suggestion to the contrary is completely false. And don't even get me started on retweets! That's not even a word let alone a thing that would cause something to appear on your feed!! Hahahahaha, what nonsense.

I mean what sort of dumbass would accuse people of using twitter in the "wrong way" when they've clearly got no idea how it works in the first place?

Certainly not I.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 21, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mikojan posted:

Hundreds of people losing their jobs is somehow really funny

Of all the terrible lovely awful things Mr. Wannabe Anime Lady Man has said somehow this feels like the worst to me.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Beet Wagon posted:

Of all the terrible lovely awful things Mr. Wannabe Anime Lady Man has said somehow this feels like the worst to me.

I'm sure the bodies buried under his house have heard worse.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

it just shows how detached shitizens are from the real world. Real consequences and all that.
SC is the only thing that counts.

Shooting in germany : OH MY GOD GAYS will this effect SQ42

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

The thing I love most is the docking system.

But is just one of those things Shitizens don't wanna think about it.

I've wanted to make an effort post for a while about the physics of docking / launching ships and EVA, and how it's going to be impossible to do properly in with SC's current physics system, but it just feels like I'd be doing CIGs home work for them.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Beer! Important gun question!

Being as you are a giant, does the rifle look like a children's toy when you are holding it?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I doubt it, the senior F42 programmer in charge of ship docking left a few weeks back.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Chalks posted:

No, like I said, it's blank. Like, totally blank.

Look, I know how this poo poo works, I've been looking at this entirely blank screen for literally days and it's blank as hell.

I'm basically an expert on twitter at this point and I know for a fact that it doesn't constantly pop up with random poo poo from people you aren't following just because they think you "might be interested in" due to someone you follow also following an account that liked a tweet. No sir, not even once. This is a thing I have never seen.

You seem to be treating me like some sort of moron who has no idea how twitter works. That's a lie. Twitter doesn't have any "suggested" tweets or anything like that. Any suggestion to the contrary is completely false. And don't even get me started on retweets! That's not even a word let alone a thing that would cause something to appear on your feed!! Hahahahaha, what nonsense.

I mean what sort of dumbass would accuse people of using twitter in the "wrong way" when they've clearly got no idea how it works in the first place?

Certainly not I.

So what youre trying to say in the most gbs way possible is that you have searched out such a volume of tweets about the people and videogame you hate that you trained the algorithm behind twitter to suggest you more?
This is even worse

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

AP posted:

I doubt it, the senior F42 programmer in charge of ship docking left a few weeks back.

go on...
Was that the guy you was trying to toxx moma on?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Nicholas posted:

I've wanted to make an effort post for a while about the physics of docking / launching ships and EVA, and how it's going to be impossible to do properly in with SC's current physics system, but it just feels like I'd be doing CIGs home work for them.

But CIG has physicalized physics. That's like super physics. Now they just have to lay that code onto Chris' ideas which is the easy part.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Booourns posted:

"This popped up on twitter" really guys, I don't read through every tweet made by a CIG employee, this just magically popped up for me, what a coincidence

Yeah. I keep getting Star Citizen video recommendations in YouTube.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ironically the weird obsession with CIG and everyone attached to it has had the unexpected side effect of making this thread the most reliable source of Star Citizen news for people who actually care about Star Citizen

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

go on...
Was that the guy you was trying to toxx moma on?

It was in the thread.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Propagandist posted:

Dropping $300 on a Timney trigger seems silly until that first pull. It makes a world of difference.

I'm a hundred posts late here, but I am quoting this because it's true, but I'm a huge fan of Gieselle triggers which are about the same price. I have a 6.5 Grendel with a beautiful Gieselle trigger that has a 2.2 pound take up and an absolutely glass sharp 8 ounce second stage. I love it.

In fact, I never put much stock into trigger quality until I shot a gun with a legitimately good trigger. Now I have to have a good trigger, it makes so much difference.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Sometimes EA stuff is good, like Darkest Dungeon or Grim Dawn, Astroneer looks cute but I haven't played it.

There has never been a finished Early Access Survival Game™ though, none.

True enough. It'll all depend on what they add to create some longevity — Astroneer is cute, and fun, but it also lives a lot by that early charm that you got from, say, early-beta Minecraft. I can definitely see it going from “funny unfinished” to “boring broken” if they don't handle it properly, and it may end up as one of those situations where you'd have to get in while it's good to get anything out of it. That's not a very good sales pitch, though :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Plus it's multiplayer. Depending on how the game is structured and server size (I doubt it's large but who knows) it could be fun to make GoonBase. Hours spent creating a giant goatse ring.

A massive Goatse Tortuga of a base, it's like you read my mind :) I can quite easily picture a group of us taking on such a project, hopefully the multiplayer aspect of it is well thought out.

One thing that always keeps me interested in it is the narrators complete lack of buzzwords and sales pitches, it's almost as if he actually cares more for creating a good game than the money gains he can get from backers, very refreshing. :)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Yeah that's why I was posting about the whole "Missing the forest for the trees" mentality backers have.

CIG has barely managed a prototype in an engine that is almost certainly a dead end. The guy making the decisions is obviously obsessed with his magnum opus cinematic experience. Years of his own words and complete bewilderment at the prototype prove that. He speaks in vague possibilities about the game people paid $140,000,000 for while having enthusiasm for Squadron 42 with years of time spent at the world's most expensive animation studio. None of the assets they are producing and none of the time they have spent has gone toward actually making anything other than a tech demo.

Nope. All of that has been compartmentalized down into it's constituent molecules. 1,000,000 different petty arguments that can be argued for all eternity. The cult never has to be wrong because even if an asteroid hits the earth their survivors eating mold off the walls of a subway station can dream of the future day where they are all in the verse and just need to reinvent electricity to start working on 5.6.

Oh, yeah? Prove it.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

What disgusting posters. They should call their parents and apologize

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

all these attempted owns going back and forth between subforums sure makes the thread better

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The Long Dark is still in EA, and it's still one of the best games I've played in years, even in it's current state.

It's also only £15.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Oh, yeah? Prove it.

Okay, gonna need an asteroid, some mold and that guy's false leg.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

all these attempted owns going back and forth between subforums sure makes the thread better

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Sometimes EA stuff is good, like Darkest Dungeon or Grim Dawn, Astroneer looks cute but I haven't played it.

There has never been a finished Early Access Survival Game™ though, none.

Good titles leave EA after a year, two tops. Otherwise its just bad devs hiding lack of focus or incomplete desing behind the "its EA!" facade. Like MMOS hiding Buy2Play behind 10 months long "closed betas" you can get in anytime with a 30$ founder pack.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

i'm sad of it

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ripptide posted:

Amazingly stable for something they call a pre-alpha.
i'm really tempted to get astroneer, but i know that i will play it for a bit then never actually come back to it once it's released for real

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

aleksendr posted:

Good titles leave EA after a year, two tops. Otherwise its just bad devs hiding lack of focus or incomplete desing behind the "its EA!" facade. Like MMOS hiding Buy2Play behind 10 months long "closed betas" you can get in anytime with a 30$ founder pack.

nope, Prison Architect, Long Dark, RimWorld, Space Engineers, to name a few good games that stayed in EA for a long time.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Remember how SC was going to save PC gaming?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/global-games-industry-earned-91bn-this-year-with-overwatch-dominating-pc-and-console-spend/0177047

Turns out it still doesn't need it's help.

quote:

PC gaming was the second strongest market, earning a total of $35.8bn between January and November, growing by 6.7 per cent year-on-year. This figure includes social, free-to-play, subscription and premium PC games. Strengthened by the release of a new generation of graphics cards this year, titles such as Overwatch and League of Legends captured the premium and free-to-play markets respectively.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lmao what the gently caress?

"Yo dude are you sure you want to refund? 2.6 is dropping on Friday man you don't want to miss that incremental step forward in games development!"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Eh. Do they actually mean LoL? If it captured the F2P market, it didn't really do it this year…

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Tippis posted:

Eh. Do they actually mean LoL? If it captured the F2P market, it didn't really do it this year…

I think they worded it badly and just meant "topped".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao what the gently caress?

"Yo dude are you sure you want to refund? 2.6 is dropping on Friday man you don't want to miss that incremental step forward in games development!"

Well he should definitely be able to get in-verse (as it were) when he's got access to motherfucking two point six

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Star Citizen - Your 30,000 errors definitely helped

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Relay: Holiday Livestream Postmortem by Nehkara

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5j94p4/holiday_livestream_postmortem/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004