Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Echotic posted:

:aaaaa: I had no idea this was I thing, always thought I was just weird. Strange feeling, I seemed to get it from one on one situations mostly.

Seconded, I had no idea there was a name for this, or that there were videos to trigger it.

Weird!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

Define legit kebab as per halal vs USDA.

Legit kebab as in made by Afghanis yelling in farsi vs a gently caress tard named chet wearing a flatbill who doesn't even know what a kebab is.

Also, should probably fix this before I drive to work tomorrow.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Guys.... I don't have that fluffy cat anymore. :smith:

... because she's been reunited with her owners. :neckbeard:

Turns out they used to live in my apartment complex. They moved a few miles away, and she got out... a year ago. :catstare:

Phone posted:

I had some Amazon Now credits, so I decided to use it today.

Turns out that Amazon doesn't really pay the drivers, so you have to leave a tip, alright no problem. Then they delivered the game, but it's clearly meant for the European market. :thumbsup:

That's the job I used to have - Prime Now delivery.

It actually does pay decent, and you're not required to tip - but since Now drivers use their own cars, and are independent contractors, it's appreciated. They've made it incredibly difficult for drivers to get hours without resorting to multiple phones with macros hammering away at the driver app though, which hosed me over pretty hard. I have the macros, but not the patience to sit there for hours a day waiting for shifts that may or may not show up. They're gone in less than a second.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

Legit kebab as in made by Afghanis yelling in farsi vs a gently caress tard named chet wearing a flatbill who doesn't even know what a kebab is.

You've the drink of wrenching, now add in a fuckload of speedtape.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Guys.... I don't have that fluffy cat anymore. :smith:

... because she's been reunited with her owners. :neckbeard:

Turns out they used to live in my apartment complex. They moved a few miles away, and she got out... a year ago. :catstare:

You are a good person and just made someone's christmas. :kimchi:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Floooof

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

cursedshitbox posted:

You've the drink of wrenching, now add in a fuckload of speedtape.

Zipties.

Gonna wire tie it tomorrow at work. Permanent fixes are a no go since it's gonna be a dirt track truck in a few months.

Also needs a new spindle since the one it has is bad. Think it'd be okay to just weld on it and smooth it back down?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

iwentdoodie posted:

Your spelling indicates a certain level of sobriety, clearly rendering the concept of eating a legit kebab to be false.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

Your spelling indicates a certain level of sobriety, clearly rendering the concept of eating a legit kebab to be false.

I was thinking the same thing, a proper kebab is a 2/3/4am smashed drunk desire and nothing more. The day you have a proper one sober is the day you learn the truth about your drunken antics. No.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

InitialDave posted:

In America, kebabs can be consumed sober, and may even be something an Afghani would recognize as a kebab, instead of just a Turkish gyro:

(All kebabs rule, even doner)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

Years of telling the wife I'm sober while extremely drunk in foreign ports has made my drunk typing achieve ninja levels.

Edit: also what Pham said. I've only found what you guys would call a kebab once while in the states. What I got today looked almost exactly like the above, just minus skewers.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Just looks like the gorilla tape fell of. Do you have any whole pictures of that sweet little truck?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

If you epoxy some neodymium magnets to the back of the tail light, it's a quick-release tail light in which you can hide drugs, which is almost certainly what the PO was doing with it like that.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If you epoxy some neodymium magnets to the back of the tail light, it's a quick-release tail light in which you can hide drugs, which is almost certainly what the PO was doing with it like that.

I don't think it was a drug truck, just a lot of bad ideas got combined into one entity. Everything is ziptied. The last ones just vibrated enough they finally cut through.

And clam ache: I'll take some full shots at work tomorrow. It's a piece of poo poo in every way, but it's fun to drive and you don't have to give one gently caress about it.

Plus it does sweet burnouts and cost less than 2 car payments, while also being more reliable than my buddies 13 WRX.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

I've had my fair share of halal and non halal kebabs, wife was in charge of resettling refugees for a while who had to adhere to halal for religious purposes. In any case, it's probably a regional thing because there is no difference here between the quality of meat. It goes without saying that if a dude named Jeff is in the kitchen at an ethnic food place you probably shouldn't eat there anyway. I like to call this the Portland clause.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Although on the other hand, the best pho I've ever had (and I've lived in Seattle and visited SF a lot) was cooked by a white-rear end guy in his late fifties at least in a converted strip-mall diner in Decatur, IL.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Eh, it applies to texas too. If you go into a mexican food place and don't hear rapid fire spanish out of the kitchen, just leave. :v:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think that's ethnic restaurants in general, no matter where you're at. I usually look for if the staff is of that ethnicity or from that country, if the staff speaks the language of that country, and the clientele. First two are more important than the latter though.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I love working in a fleet. Got paid 3 hours to go spray some WD40/ATF at a 5th wheel and wiggle the release lever a couple times.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

I've had my fair share of halal and non halal kebabs, wife was in charge of resettling refugees for a while who had to adhere to halal for religious purposes. In any case, it's probably a regional thing because there is no difference here between the quality of meat. It goes without saying that if a dude named Jeff is in the kitchen at an ethnic food place you probably shouldn't eat there anyway. I like to call this the Portland clause.

It's not the quality of meat, it's the fact that it's served at all. I don't give a poo poo if it's actually halal or not, it's just that they actually have the food that I miss.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

It's not the quality of meat, it's the fact that it's served at all. I don't give a poo poo if it's actually halal or not, it's just that they actually have the food that I miss.

Fair enough. I think we can all agree proper kebabs are loving delicious.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

mariooncrack posted:

I think that's ethnic restaurants in general, no matter where you're at. I usually look for if the staff is of that ethnicity or from that country, if the staff speaks the language of that country, and the clientele. First two are more important than the latter though.

Lol at this middle class whiteness

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Pham Nuwen posted:

In America, kebabs can be consumed sober, and may even be something an Afghani would recognize as a kebab, instead of just a Turkish gyro:

(All kebabs rule, even doner)

Shaved meat4lyfe (4drunks)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz8rvIl_vY

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Shaved meats are life. There's a Mexican food place where I use to live that had chunks of pineapple with the al pastor that made it loving amazing.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That's the kebab I think about. That kitchen is way too clean though. In the western suburbs of Melbourne (Australia) there was the most delightful kebab shop that 11 years later I still dream about. The garlic sauce would leave you burping kebab flavor for two days.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I like how it almost looks like a very small dog.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

keykey posted:

Shaved meats are life. There's a Mexican food place where I use to live that had chunks of pineapple with the al pastor that made it loving amazing.

Another reason al pastor is amazing--it was a technique brought to mexico by middle easterners :getin:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:kimchi:

Bats/flying foxes are awesome. I'll cut anyone that says otherwise.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mariooncrack posted:

This is why I had the Indian guys I work with choose the Indian place to eat. It was a good decision, both times so far.

That is one content and happy bat. So much like my doge when he's getting scratchies.

edit: speeling

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is the best link I've ever seen:

http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=3023

Watching this engineer up-armour her cat feeder to protect it from the cat is a pattern that is all too familiar to me with my own kitten and the intricate maze of zipties I have constructed to block access to the fireplace.

quote:

I wasn’t taking any chances with the bowl, because it’s potentially a huge weak link in the system. If she gets that loose, all is lost. She’ll be able to get any angle she wants on the chute, and it’ll be cat vomit as far as the eye can see.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
That is a superb article. One of our cats gets outrageously hangry in the mornings and has robbed my girlfriend and I of around 3 years' worth of sleep so perhaps.... perhaps this is the answer.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBxf43JImrY

Now I need to go get lunch from Mr Gyros, which is loving amazing and run by the nicest guys I have ever met. I will go months without going in/seeing the owners and they still remember me and my order.

This video just made my wife's day.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is the best link I've ever seen:

http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=3023

Watching this engineer up-armour her cat feeder to protect it from the cat is a pattern that is all too familiar to me with my own kitten and the intricate maze of zipties I have constructed to block access to the fireplace.

I had to send this to my buddy who has a giant maine coon that has gone through multiple automatic feeders. Granted his cat is not very smart and will just throw itself at the feeder until it gives up more food.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 21, 2016

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
all that work to avoid manually feeding your cat

one more reason to own a dog

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

BraveUlysses posted:

My dogs worse than the cats for whining about being "hungry" and eating until she vomits. She's horridly untrustworthy with any food at or below 1 foot off the ground. Above, she won't try.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

We keep the cat food in a bag inside, we make it so the little fat rear end in a top hat has to work to get it. Our dogs on the other hand are retarded as poo poo and always flip their food bowl over to eat food off the cement/dirt. My wife is the animal person, I'm not.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
We keep food in a rubbermaid tub, binder clipped shut with a heavy book in top. They get fed once a day, at night, when I get home. Each cat uses their own bowl, and I treat them like dogs, because gently caress cattes that are traditionally cats. Puppy cats are best.

One cat even whines like a dog when the SO leaves for the day, and I play with them like dogs and bark at them. They bark back :kimchi:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

We keep food in a rubbermaid tub, binder clipped shut with a heavy book in top. They get fed once a day, at night, when I get home. Each cat uses their own bowl, and I treat them like dogs, because gently caress cattes that are traditionally cats. Puppy cats are best.

One cat even whines like a dog when the SO leaves for the day, and I play with them like dogs and bark at them. They bark back :kimchi:

https://youtu.be/aP3gzee1cps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Puppy cats are best.

:agreed:

• Locked thread