Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015

rocket_man38 posted:

It would be pretty cool to put "wrote about orc fuckin" on a resume.

Executive Vice President of Orc loving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
:siren: NEW UPDATE! :siren:

Episode 14: Mr. Puffles Goes to ALF-Land

It's called Alftand. I'm an idiot.

Also, Marcurio goes missing at some point. It's pretty unfortunate.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Mr Puffles should take a short trip to Dawnstar and trade/borrow some stuff from a fellow Khajiit before continuing the plot, since he'll never be that far north again. The lady left their stuff only partially buried in the snow, after all.

Looting poo poo from the secret Dawnstar merchant chest is totally fair, it was never patched out even in the rerelease. Plus it means you can actually show off that Skooma exists.

Also, if you ever lose him, Mercurio will go back to where you originally hired him if he loses track of you for three days. Since you had to pay to hire him, though, you'll have to pay him again.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Unknown Quantity posted:

Also, if you ever lose him, Mercurio will go back to where you originally hired him if he loses track of you for three days. Since you had to pay to hire him, though, you'll have to pay him again.

Not necessarily. You can rehire the mercenaries for free if you go to them a short enough time after they leave you. I don't know what the exact timeframe for that is though.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/mp08XRL.webm

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There's one quest where you are "sneaking" with some useless npc's and one of them comments on how powerful and deadly the centurions are and you can plink it with an arrow to make it fight the nearby falmer. It dies pretty much instantly doing no real damage because falmer are powered by bullshit modifiers towards health and damage.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There's a horrific detail hinted at in one of those Falmer camps Mr. Puffles set on fire. They were skinning their victims and making people-leather out of them.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

I am so happy someone giffed that.

Also, I'm calling off the Paarthurnax vote not only because I've now recorded the final few videos of the main quest, but because Don't kill was handily winning it.

A new vote will be coming soon, and this one will be veeery interesting!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

UZworm posted:

I am so happy someone giffed that.

Also, I'm calling off the Paarthurnax vote not only because I've now recorded the final few videos of the main quest, but because Don't kill was handily winning it.

A new vote will be coming soon, and this one will be veeery interesting!

Yes, gently caress the orc.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why would I hold a vote on things that are a given?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, keep the 4:3 screen ratio

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I heard there's a book about that.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
*UZworm and company giggling about Falmer earwax*

You guys laugh at the stupidest poo poo. Also, Mr. Puffles is badly in need of Heavy Armour skill, resist potions and resist enchantments to keep the Falmer and Dwemer automatons from putting the hurt on him. Fortify Carry Weight wouldn't hurt either.

EDIT: Found these on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq6h85VFfEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEVCTMkBnI

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 23, 2016

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
All right, so the rest of the main quest has been recorded and commentary is ready for it! Expect video 15 to be up and at 'em tomorrow morning. (Or, I guess, this morning if it's already the 24th where you are.)

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Close enough to morning.

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Episode 15: Mr. Puffles in Glitch City

Do you like Bethesda games loving up royally? Then you're gonna LOVE this video! Two major glitches occur, one of which renders the game unwinnable! Good times.

UZworm fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 24, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

Close enough to morning.

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Episode 13: Mr. Puffles in Glitch City

Do you like Bethesda games loving up royally? Then you're gonna LOVE this video! Two major glitches occur, one of which renders the game unwinnable! Good times.

Oh. Well, RIP the LP I guess.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Do Bethesda game glitches also bend spacetime? Isn't that supposed to be video 15?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

ultrabindu posted:

Do Bethesda game glitches also bend spacetime? Isn't that supposed to be video 15?

Whoops. I'm basically a human Bethesda game.

Thankfully, with console commands I can make it right again!

UZworm fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 24, 2016

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The problem with getting the defense skills up is they're based on getting hit and how much damage you take, and it doesn't take spells into account. The fastest way to level up would be to repeatedly get smacked around by a giant, but you have to be able to survive everything a giant can throw at you and heal it back up to use that method. There's also the lazy method of getting a few Fortify Health Regeneration effects on gear, getting in a brawl with someone, and then going to sleep IRL, leaving the console on for 8+ hours and your opponent punching you for not enough damage to outpace your natural healing. Add a rubber band if you want to level block (albeit leveling block severely slows down or prevents you from leveling Armor). That said, if you want to reach the armor cap without leveling Heavy Armor, you'll need Steel Plate or better and either 100 smithing or some smithing potions and gear. That's stupid nerd poo poo though and I don't think Mr Puffles is gonna bother with it unless he happens to steal find a Smithing potion of +40% or something.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Two of the best glitches I had were a good chunk of the ground going missing inside Whiterun, which allowed me to jump down onto the overworld terrain underneath and go crawling around under the city, and a HUGE section of ground and cliffside going missing in Solitude which actually allowed me to get at the merchants' chests. This was on PS3, mind you, which means the merchants' stuff is usually completely inaccessible.

edit: JFC UZWORM YOU AIM LIKE AN IMPERIAL STORMTROOPER

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 25, 2016

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

ScreamingLlama posted:

edit: JFC UZWORM YOU AIM LIKE AN IMPERIAL STORMTROOPER

Hey, they still die *eventually*!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, sure, after Mercurio blasts them to bits with lightning for you. Does he have to cut up Mr. Puffles's food too? *snickers at the mental image*

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Mercurio: "I have prepared Sir's Falmer ears. Sir wanted extra wax, yes?"
Mr. Puffles: "drat right I did! Did you make that side of giant toe?"
Mercurio: "I graduated Winterhold for this son of a Of course, sir. Well done, as per Sir's instructions."
Mr. Puffles: "Good. Now go kill that Centurion for me."

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

WELL YOU SEE, HERE'S A GUY WHO GIVES 100% AND IS JUST HAVING FUN OUT THERE IN BLACKREACH. THIS GUY SHOOTS ARROWS AND WHEN THEY CONNECT, THE ENEMIES DIE.

Twiggymouse
Mar 4, 2013

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but

WELL, YOU SEE, THE KHAJIT THAT WINS THE DRAGON KILLING GAME IS GONNA BE THE KHAJIT THAT KILLS MORE DRAGONS.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: NEW UPDATE :siren:

Episode 16 - Mr. Puffles, Master Tactician

We're almost done with the main quest! Gotta trap a dragon and get another word to one of my favorite shouts before we go to Sovngarde, though.

News: My aim has improved in this video, but I make up for it by getting hosed up by an immobile fire trap and getting ruined by a gate that didn't have the chain to open it literally next to the door.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
They moved the missable gem in a patch so that it's in the troll cave below the Thalmor Embassy instead of inside it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maridia's quest is indeed terrible (or however you spell her name). Same linear corridors as usual but all enemies are stuck at level 1 and die in one hit except for the last guy who is a higher-level-than-you mage with a ton of mana and area spells. It also has annoying unskippable dialog with someone who just goes on for way too long, as usual.

Nice that you saved the amazing ride to the doorstep of Sovngarde for the next video. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 28, 2016

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"The thread sucks! gently caress the thread!"

gently caress you, you cynical, dragonslayer-wannabe dickhole. PAARTHUNAX RULES!

Poil posted:

Maridia's quest is indeed terrible (or however you spell her name). Same linear corridors as usual but all enemies are stuck at level 1 and die in one hit except for the last guy who is a higher-level-than-you mage with a ton of mana and area spells. It also has annoying unskippable dialog with someone who just goes on for way too long, as usual.

Try beating Malkoran with a Dunmer mage (negligible frost resistance yay) with Lydia pulling aggro for you and then tell me how bad you had it, scrub.

The quest reward - Dawnbreaker - is well worth the trouble, though, since it is ridiculously overpowered in the early game. Ditto with Mephala's quest.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lydia is terrible, why are you bringing her? Always bring awesome :drac:waifu instead.

Also why are you complaining as a dunmer, you have resistance against his fireballs (if he decides to cast those instead of ice storm). :colbert:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ScreamingLlama posted:

The quest reward - Dawnbreaker - is well worth the trouble, though, since it is ridiculously overpowered in the early game. Ditto with Mephala's quest.

Dawnbreaker is pretty cool and all, but the usual reason it ends up on a shelf somewhere for me most of the time is down to how many hands are involved wielding it.

Mister Puffles strikes me as the sort of upstanding guy who prefers to take on problems with both hands.

It is of little surprise what my personal favorite Daedric weapon is, when I bother to use them (Not that I've got all that many playthroughs past learning I'm the Dragonborn under my belt, I only just finally beat the main plot this year :v: )

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Poil posted:

Lydia is terrible, why are you bringing her? Always bring awesome :drac:waifu instead.

Also why are you complaining as a dunmer, you have resistance against his fireballs (if he decides to cast those instead of ice storm). :colbert:

I don't think I've ever even seen him throw fireballs. Just a deluge of ice until I cry.

Also I didn't even pick up the beacon so we won't have to worry much about it :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's my reaction when I see that awful beacon too. Just nope and leave it. Some other sucker can deal with that crap.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Section Z posted:

Mister Puffles strikes me as the sort of upstanding guy who prefers to take on problems with both hands.
Can you respect that?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Every time I watch one of these episodes it makes me want to play Skyrim and I have to remind myself how tedious and repetitive playing the game actually is.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Tiggum posted:

Every time I watch one of these episodes it makes me want to play Skyrim and I have to remind myself how tedious and repetitive playing the game actually is.

I fully accept that the reason I love the game so much is that I thrive on tedium.

I probably have 2000 hours total invested into Football Manager over the years, for god's sake.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poil posted:

1. Because Avunsea (my Dunmer) hasn't met her yet. Also Serana is stuck physically and emotionally a teenager after she not-entirely-consensually had vampirism screwed into her; she is not yours, my, or anyone else's goddamn waifu. :colbert: I'm pretty sure Bethesda made her unmarriageable for exactly that reason.* I did Meridia's quest early in the game. while I was mopping up side quests from Whiterun because sidequests are my jam and stop looking at me like that.

2. HE NEVER EVER loving USES ANYTHING OTHER THAN ICE SPELLS. THAT'S WHY I'M COMPLAINING, YOU NINCOMPOOP.

*if a 'Dragonborn and Serana, sitting in a tree' mod exists (and my experience with modding communities tells me it probably does), does it use dummied out dialogue recorded just for modders, like the dying children thing? If it does, I feel so, so sorry for Laura Bailey right now.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

UZworm posted:

I probably have 2000 hours total invested into Football Manager over the years, for god's sake.

Jakub Jugas be with you, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ScreamingLlama posted:

I did Meridia's quest early in the game. while I was mopping up side quests from Whiterun because sidequests are my jam and stop looking at me like that.

I think most games with side quests would benefit from having their main quests excised to make room for more side quests. In Skyrim I kind of forgot what the main quest was and never finished it. In the Deus Ex games I always felt disappointed when I finished all the side quests in an area and had to progress the plot.

• Locked thread