Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

inthesto posted:

Does anyone remember which episode had the bit about Michael Jordan as a serial killer? That was the first joke I heard from them that really knocked me out.

284: Hope and Slime? Where they speculate that out of 12 clones of Jordan, one would inevitably have to be evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Well, seeing as they consistently sell out 100 dollar ads for the entire year, I would guess a lot.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Crisco Kid posted:

And Justin muttering, "Inaccurate," under his breath.

This was so loving funny. I almost didn't hear it he was so quiet.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

JethroMcB posted:

284: Hope and Slime? Where they speculate that out of 12 clones of Jordan, one would inevitably have to be evil.

This was it! Thanks.

And seeing as how MBMBaM does like three questions a week, I'll just hope that my question was amusing enough to get answered.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
New graphics update in BeamNG.drive look amazing

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Well it took me an embarrassing long amount of time to realize that was not in fact BeamNG.drive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The actual Beam.NG news is that they are about to patch the game with much more realistic collisions.
It'll cut down on the amount of horrible nether creatures but it will help the cars to not melt for any reason.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Inzombiac posted:

The actual Beam.NG news is that they are about to patch the game with much more realistic collisions.
It'll cut down on the amount of horrible nether creatures but it will help the cars to not melt for any reason.

Awwww :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had the same reaction but it's good news!
It means that Nick can now set up more elaborate and wacksdoo scenarios without the game eating itself.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
what's car boys without the threat of reality tearing itself from the inside, though?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
On the subject of BeamNG.Drive, Let's Play channel Birgirpall put out a "We Broke BeamNG.drive" video that's pretty good. They kind of converged on a few things that Car Boys has already done, but they have a bit of a different editing style and don't get sidetracked quite so easily.

They have added a few of the same mods and did play around with the dreaded Busto; there's a beautiful moment between Busto and the cannon that I very much enjoyed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DocCurm/status/812800394644586496

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm finally marathoning The Adventure Zone after putting it off for a long time, and wow I should have listened to this sooner.

I just got to the part where Clint says during the commercial "Anti-bacterial wipes, for when you accidentally use bacterial wipes" and it suddenly becomes crystal clear where the brothers get it from :allears:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

inthesto posted:

I'm finally marathoning The Adventure Zone after putting it off for a long time, and wow I should have listened to this sooner.

I just got to the part where Clint says during the commercial "Anti-bacterial wipes, for when you accidentally use bacterial wipes" and it suddenly becomes crystal clear where the brothers get it from :allears:

TAZ is so good that I'm on my second listen-through.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

taz is good but theres a few times where it makes me just go "gently caress off, griffin."

like when he tried to prevent justin from using his history skill on a history question, which is one of the few times where ive seen justin just get legitimately angry.

or when travis calls him out on just saying his dmnpc does an awesome thing when they have to roll and griffin just mock rolls the dice and goes "yeah they did good."

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
It's certainly not perfect, and is marred by some beginner DM/beginner players/occasionally awkward storytelling, but it's still one of the best D&D podcasts out there.
I had some specific examples of issues at one point but I've long forgotten them, other than 'Crystal Kingdom'.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

pray for my aunt posted:

It's certainly not perfect, and is marred by some beginner DM/beginner players/occasionally awkward storytelling, but it's still one of the best D&D podcasts out there.
I had some specific examples of issues at one point but I've long forgotten them, other than 'Crystal Kingdom'.

If anyone wants a less funny but more consistent storytelling, I suggest The Glass Cannon.
They are doing Giant Slayer from Pathfinder. The DM has zero issues killing players so every encounter is tense.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The Adventure Zone is entertainment primarily and a campaign secondarily + Griffin does a pretty awesome job keeping things entertaining when being a stickler for the rules would work out badly.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, I'm only a very occasional player of those types of games and love taz for not being particularly caring of the rules, just letting it be what it is, which is an interactive storytelling vehicle for all of their senses of humour. If they actually took the rules part seriously it would destroy the part of it that's actually fun to listen to.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inzombiac posted:

If anyone wants a less funny but more consistent storytelling, I suggest The Glass Cannon.
They are doing Giant Slayer from Pathfinder. The DM has zero issues killing players so every encounter is tense.

Yea Glass Cannon is real good too. It's fun and story focused but yea I think the entire original party but the gunslinger is dead.

RIP Beary Connick Jr. Bear, friend, far right conspiracy theorist.

"Zaba dee doo, all lives matter"

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think at this point The Adventure Zone is a radio play first and a D&D game second. The D&D aspect is basically an improvisation tool for the player characters to bust out goofy asskicking shenanigans and for Griffin to leave certain moments to the whims of random chance, but it's fundamentally been more fiction than game almost since it started.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they should learn to roll their damage as one lot instead of taking a minute to roll a d8 12 times

otherwise it's all good

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hey, Clint keeps trying to save time by just multiplying a single roll, but that stickler Griffin keeps catching him about 40% of the time.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

bowmore posted:

they should learn to roll their damage as one lot instead of taking a minute to roll a d8 12 times

otherwise it's all good

I'm pretty sure they only have one or two dice of each type.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I took up someone's suggestion to listen to friends at the table if you wanted real consequences, and man, Austin Walker is an evil genius at creating tough, no win situations that end with everyone almost dead

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ImPureAwesome posted:

I took up someone's suggestion to listen to friends at the table if you wanted real consequences, and man, Austin Walker is an evil genius at creating tough, no win situations that end with everyone almost dead

It's such a shame that the first... 15 episodes have such bad audio quality that it's practically unlistenable.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I managed to get through them, and glad I did. I liked the antics in Tristara a bunch

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Piell posted:

I'm pretty sure they only have one or two dice of each type.
they should buy more...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

bowmore posted:

they should buy more...

Clint already can't keep the 5 he has straight. Imagine adding more instances of each.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I highly doubt these boys ever have to buy another die in their life. They could fart sideways and have a rain of free dice from their fans.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
please look at this wonderful, beautiful thing

https://twitter.com/SeesoTV/status/813489575746117632

these three goofs chasing off pigeons set to goddamn swan lake is all the proof I need that these people GOT it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I still have no idea what this show is going to be but I'm looking forward to it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I still have no idea what this show is going to be but I'm looking forward to it

I think it's going to be like MBMBAM, but instead of advice, they create schemes to help the person and then do those schemes.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

ElNarez posted:

please look at this wonderful, beautiful thing

https://twitter.com/SeesoTV/status/813489575746117632

these three goofs chasing off pigeons set to goddamn swan lake is all the proof I need that these people GOT it

Crap. I may actually need to get a See So Account now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PostNouveau posted:

I think it's going to be like MBMBAM, but instead of advice, they create schemes to help the person and then do those schemes.

yea it sounds like they actually execute their crazy 'unless' kinda tangents in this. Like that clip of the spider parade, gonna guess that was sparked by someone not liking that people are grossed out by their pet spider or something.

Or maybe it's just a wacky variety show, I'd also be down for that.

BigRed0427 posted:

It has good poo poo but I really hope the things like the MBMBAM show mean they're using 2017 to really expand their library, because their original stuff is genuinely solid but it's clear they're still really small and budget so I don't think I've seen them add anything since I subbed to watch Harmonquest.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Is there any way to watch it outside America? Last time I looked it was completely region locked :bang:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

They frequently have "one week free" specials on Amazon where you can watch through Amazon video and cancel before the week is up. It's very easy to game them on it at least once.

I've also heard they run free-week specials with promo codes related to whatever show is launching at that time, so it's probably possible to never have to pay Seeso at all.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It has good poo poo but I really hope the things like the MBMBAM show mean they're using 2017 to really expand their library, because their original stuff is genuinely solid but it's clear they're still really small and budget so I don't think I've seen them add anything since I subbed to watch Harmonquest.

Bajillion Dollar Properties and Take My Wife would like a word.
They are both very good shows.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inzombiac posted:

Bajillion Dollar Properties and Take My Wife would like a word.
They are both very good shows.

Yea they do good stuff, them saving Bajillion Dollar Properties is god's work. I just wish the menu was a bit more robust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

iajanus posted:

Is there any way to watch it outside America? Last time I looked it was completely region locked :bang:

The brothers said on last week's episode that yes it's still region-locked, and to tell Seeso what country you live in so they know where the demand is when/if they expand outside the US.

They also said that one of the episodes will be on YouTube, so that's something.