Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OK, well I bought the Spider. Now I just have to save up for the XL.

edit: Did some light tweaking on it to give it more armor and an extra MG for now. This thing is hilarious.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=299&l=04b33067e59a016ae0d78fceeeb7334500b39dbd

This is the mech of my nightmares to scout against. If you're not fast enough it can just keep you at range and slowly LPL you to death. If you gave up enough guns or armor to keep speed with it, it can just delete your internals and scrape your armor off with massed machine guns.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Commoners posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=299&l=04b33067e59a016ae0d78fceeeb7334500b39dbd

This is the mech of my nightmares to scout against. If you're not fast enough it can just keep you at range and slowly LPL you to death. If you gave up enough guns or armor to keep speed with it, it can just delete your internals and scrape your armor off with massed machine guns.

That would be pretty nasty, especially with the MG buff. Shadow Cats are underrated

what would be really funny is if they ever end up releasing the Piranha

four 151-kph lights running around firing 48 nu-skool machine guns at some poor Centurion

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

That would be pretty nasty, especially with the MG buff. Shadow Cats are underrated

what would be really funny is if they ever end up releasing the Piranha

four 151-kph lights running around firing 48 nu-skool machine guns at some poor Centurion

It'd be a good time to bring out IS streak boats and just poo poo on them.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Commoners posted:

It'd be a good time to bring out IS streak boats and just poo poo on them.

Are there any IS mediums that can bring more than 4 streak 2s?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Great Beer posted:

Are there any IS mediums that can bring more than 4 streak 2s?

Kintaro :(

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I mean my biggest reason for FW was mechbays and now I have an extra 30 or so...

And I can no longer just shuffle around factions as a merc for their mechbays either.... I only managed to get the mechbay from the rank 2 Wolves before they changed it. :(

Edit: I guess I am saying that unless I am having fun playing scouting matches or the occasional invasion match with friends and goons there is even LESS reason for me to play FW now.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 20, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OK that -5k build owns. I just run around my teams blob and spew LPL on poo poo and run like gently caress. 327 damage, 2 kills, one solo that was a heavy, not sure which. Thank you guys for the recommendation.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I wonder if the 5k and the LPL locust will lose their reason for existence after the loss of most quirks.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
my understanding is that certain 'mechs will have baseline quirks for uniqueness/balance flavor but you'll be able to pick and choose others, and 'mechs that would underperform without quirks (like the -1V and -5K) will have access to more of them

so hopefully you can recreate roughly what you had and add, say, extra armor or w/e

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Would be good. Otherwise that one shadowhawk build I have been wanting to try won't work as well probably.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
Managed to finish one last game before the maintenance shutdown. The TDR-5S is really underrated IMO.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
I was gifted with some MC by some rear end in a top hat. To truly waste it, I think I'm going to get a penixhawk hero. Which one(s) is(are) king of the shitheap?

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
Found a free 7 day (even though it says only three) premium time code on the harebrained kickstarter, good until 3rd of Jan apparently.

Worked for me: https://mwomercs.com/profile/redeem: Mechwarrioronline_gift_2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Holy poo poo I forget how to play this game!!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

armchairyoda posted:

I was gifted with some MC by some rear end in a top hat. To truly waste it, I think I'm going to get a penixhawk hero. Which one(s) is(are) king of the shitheap?

How is this a question? Get the ROC, it has missile hardpoints and a bitchin' paint job.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Both of the heroes are worthless garbage not worth buying.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Bitchin. Paint. Job. :swoon:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

You could get a fun bad gimmick hero mech instead of one that you will never use because it is not fun to use and also bad.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
Your reasoning is sound. I hate that the PH is garbage.

You've done a good thing today Commoners.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

armchairyoda posted:

Your reasoning is sound. I hate that the PH is garbage.

You've done a good thing today Commoners.

get a boars head instead it suits you

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Commoners posted:

You could get a fun bad gimmick hero mech instead of one that you will never use because it is not fun to use and also bad.

This is very sound advice. Some mechs are not fun bad instead of fun bad and it's important to discern which.

PHX heroes are the not fun bad variety.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ALL THE drat FURRIES.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I hate the PHX on purely aesthetic grounds. It simply doesn't look like it belongs in this game next to literally every other mechs.

Yes I know it's based off a Macross original, that doesn't change the fact that in 2016 its design screams "Japanese mecha". Plus there's the way it moves; every other mech, even the Locust, can at best be described as "stomping around very fast", while the Hawk is literally prancing on tiptoes.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
well after reinstalling and playing a few matches i'm really happy to find that outfitting your SCR with a solid brick of MLs for a hand is still a build that kills everything pretty well

NihilCredo posted:

Yes I know it's based off a Macross original, that doesn't change the fact that in 2016 its design screams "Japanese mecha". Plus there's the way it moves; every other mech, even the Locust, can at best be described as "stomping around very fast", while the Hawk is literally prancing on tiptoes.

sounds like its time to anime-fy the rest of the game, tbh.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Luceid posted:

well after reinstalling and playing a few matches i'm really happy to find that outfitting your SCR with a solid brick of MLs for a hand is still a build that kills everything pretty well

sounds like its time to anime-fy the rest of the game, tbh.

Armored core needs to come back I agree

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Streamers be angry when they get legged by their own team. Yelling "report rysith!" repeatedly.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah let me anime camo my mech.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Artificer posted:

Yeah let me anime camo my mech.

Titanfall 2 is good I agree

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

TjyvTompa posted:

Slow day at work and I somehow ended up here: https://www.themittani.com/content/traffic-control-transreversal
Now I understand why the MW:O mods dislike WOL and GIRL. What a shitshow.

Anyway, there will be a hotpatch today, 20th of december. Weightlimit for Clans on scouting have been lowered from 55 to 50 tons for example:

Removed Ammo that had been equipped in the Atlas VIP 'Mech.
Clan Scouting Drop Deck Tonnage reduced to 50 (from 55).
The total amount of Intel in the Scouting Tug of War bar has been reduced to 200 (from 300).

Also some blabla about clans owning FW and they are totally listening to suggestions on how to fix the balance between clan and IS.
Full list here: http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/12/1685-hotfix-scheduled-for-20dec2016

This is the best comment on that mittens article:

"PGI are setting new standards in train wrecks that us mere morals didn't even know were possible within the laws of physics. It's like the world's biggest train in the universe filled with smaller trains, and those trains carrying cargos of various gauges of toy trains crashing at 500kph plus right through the largest factory in the world that makes both real, toy, and imaginary trains of all shapes and sizes located right next to the worlds most dangerous and poorly maintained hybrid explosive factory/nuclear power station/bio weapons research storage facility on top of a volcano. PGI literally couldn't be any worse at customer relations unless they started fatally shooting customers at random"

Theyve improved since Transverse at least. Thank goodness.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ALL THE drat FURRIES.

I was way drunker than normal yesterday so I think we killed one of those but, I am not sure.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Fil5000 posted:

This is the best comment on that mittens article:

"PGI are setting new standards in train wrecks that us mere morals didn't even know were possible within the laws of physics. It's like the world's biggest train in the universe filled with smaller trains, and those trains carrying cargos of various gauges of toy trains crashing at 500kph plus right through the largest factory in the world that makes both real, toy, and imaginary trains of all shapes and sizes located right next to the worlds most dangerous and poorly maintained hybrid explosive factory/nuclear power station/bio weapons research storage facility on top of a volcano. PGI literally couldn't be any worse at customer relations unless they started fatally shooting customers at random"

Theyve improved since Transverse at least. Thank goodness.

The only reason this game is still alive is because it is called "Mechwarrior".

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ZenVulgarity posted:

Armored core needs to come back I agree

That'd be a drat good thing

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
As long as its not another console exclusive.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope it won't be but not holding my breath.

Looking at the supernova gives me that big stompy robot feeling that I need, but I'm finding the lights to be a lot of fun too. Still love the piss of of the timberwolf, going to hopefully get better at it.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

Slow day at work and I somehow ended up here: https://www.themittani.com/content/traffic-control-transreversal
Now I understand why the MW:O mods dislike WOL and GIRL. What a shitshow.

I should mention, I got chat banned on the PGI twitch during the Mech Con stream for mentioning Transverse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Balance fix? Mixed tech.

Then you make IS omnis.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I got a 48hr ban for TKing streamers. I guess you guys will have to somehow survive two days without me.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
You're fighting the good fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

I got a 48hr ban for TKing streamers. I guess you guys will have to somehow survive two days without me.

Which ones?

• Locked thread