Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Papercut posted:

I tried mystery heroes because I figure in that mode I can just luck into some wins

Well that's pretty much the only way you're going to get wins in mystery heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlhFslsbu0

No word yet as to whether all or every Overwatch hero is gay.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Vax posted:

Could probably compete realistically around 3500-4000 from what I see on stream.

lmao

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
so
overwatch used to be the good guys but now overwatch is dead

so why are we fighting again??

is blue team good guys?

why do people who are kind and good hearted work with evil people like mei and the shotgun guy

is the robot monk evil? aren't all robots evil in overwatch? mcvey couldn't answer these tough questions so can someone help me out here?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mei is an environmental scientist, she is not evil.

Zenyatta is part of a group of omnics that decided to gently caress off and become monks instead of being evil.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Mei is an environmental scientist, she is not evil.
There are a lot of idiots or people with lots of money in oil interests who would disagree with you

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Vax posted:

Hovering around 2500-3000 depending on haters/leavers. Could probably compete realistically around 3500-4000 from what I see on stream.

drat, can we change the tryhard thread title?

Also I miss when the zeez zone had grudges.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Up Circle posted:

so

is blue team good guys?

why do people who are kind and good hearted work with evil people like mei and the shotgun guy

is the robot monk evil? aren't all robots evil in overwatch? mcvey couldn't answer these tough questions so can someone help me out here?

They're all fighting for their own reasons, they just sometimes have the same reasons as other groups to go push a car.

Mostly reasons that apparently involve loving off and expecting someone else to push it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Up Circle posted:

so

is blue team good guys?

Imagine there was a previous video game that explained the story of Overwatch and what you're now playing is the MOBA / hero arena multiplayer-only knockoff.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kenshin posted:

There are a lot of idiots or people with lots of money in oil interests who would disagree with you

And those idiots deserve an icicle through the forehead. :shrug:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

And those idiots deserve an icicle through the forehead. :shrug:
I completely agree with you, but that's neither here nor there. ;)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/LikChan/status/811319585140043776

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
They will show Roadhog and Mercy's canon relationship next

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

I want to know what kind of fragile manchild thinks someone being gay is a "sensitive subject"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kenshin posted:

I want to know what kind of fragile manchild thinks someone being gay is a "sensitive subject"

One who is a massive homophobe but too much of a coward to own it, basically.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that dude really thinks they haven't touched on religion at all in this game

has he ever seen zenyatta

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Mae posted:

drat, can we change the tryhard thread title?

Not sure why you guys are hating. It's a fact that the game is full of ragequitters and aimbotters currently. Last weekend I soloqueued and got 7(!) leavers in a row. Over some dumb poo poo like someone taking Bastion (on defense) or something.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Oh for sure man

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It's actually not and statistically your opponents will have more leavers than you if you're not a leaver yourself :)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Up Circle posted:

so

is blue team good guys?

as shown by everyone's outfits and how cavalier everyone is when people die, the obvious answer is that overwatch the game is exactly like wrestling and it's all kayfabe

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Up Circle posted:

is the robot monk evil? aren't all robots evil in overwatch?
no and no, respectively. there was an "omnic crysis" where evil AI took control of a bunch of robots and tried to murder a bunch of stuff, some of them are still around but most of the omnics are basically just people hanging out and trying to get equal rights. you'll notice there's a bunch of graffiti in king's row making fun of omnic's rights and like the lady with the omnic boyfriend in the widowmaker short, the lady with the omnic boyfriend in the less popular sombra animation, etc

just look a little deeper and you'll uncover the deep robot boyfriend lore

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

What's an omnic

I ask this every match I play and no one knows

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
omnics love to sip on that fine motor oil

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Capntastic posted:

What's an omnic

A robot made by an omnium.

An omnium, of course, is a thing that makes omnics.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Capntastic posted:

What's an omnic

They're robots made the Omnic Corporation. That's it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I know that the destruction caused by the omnics somewhere reminds D.Va of home

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Capntastic posted:

What's an omnic
a robot with a trademarkable name for blizzard marketing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

a robot with a trademarkable name for blizzard marketing

What an appropriate post/user name.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know that the destruction caused by the omnics somewhere reminds D.Va of home
Come to think of it we are due a Korean map.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Well that's pretty much the only way you're going to get wins in mystery heroes.

If you find it fun, and it gives the same amount of xp as QP anyway, it's an alternative way to play and, along the way, get those three free lootboxes. Limited to just Hanamura and King's Row, I've seen Attack win almost every single time unless Defense gets an amazing comp and doesn't lose it. It's no where near as fast as good 1v1/3v3, but I like the random factor of who I'll get to play.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Vax posted:

Not sure why you guys are hating. It's a fact that the game is full of ragequitters and aimbotters currently. Last weekend I soloqueued and got 7(!) leavers in a row. Over some dumb poo poo like someone taking Bastion (on defense) or something.

Everyone experiences the same thing with teammates, if you are truly a 3500-4000 player you will rise to that level over time, period. It's not because of a leaver, a rage quit, ect. Over time, you will gain SR if you are under your true skill. That's mostly what people are laughing at.

Also agree this quote should be the thread title for the comp thread.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
does dva get a robot boyfriend?

is dvas robot an "omnic"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Hi pals. I made it to level 25 and jumped into competitive placement rounds to have some fun. There I met some of the saltiest players I've experienced since Warcraft 3 DOTA days, but worse because they have mics now. I thought competitive would have had "team player" kinds of people and less insane meltdowns. Does it get better from here? I'm at rank ~2100.

Namaste.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Vax posted:

Whats the minmax approach to farm those christmas boxes over the holidays? Probably 3v3 right?

IronicDongz posted:

1v1 if you're good
What's the logic here? They award less XP per match than the 6v6 modes (since they take less time); is the idea that you win enough matches to make up the difference with Match Win bonuses?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Nah, I just mean for getting your weekly 3 loot boxes for wins as quickly as possible.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

IronicDongz posted:

Nah, I just mean for getting your weekly 3 loot boxes for wins as quickly as possible.
Oh. That's shortsighted then I think; you get exactly as many loot boxes for getting 9 wins on Wednesday as you do if the ninth win comes on Monday. XP is a much bigger factor for maximizing loot boxes.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Up Circle posted:

does dva get a robot boyfriend?

only in the movie she stars in. so it's like, double canon

Up Circle posted:

is dvas robot an "omnic"

it's not even a robot, it's a mech

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

ImpAtom posted:

Show that Mei spends her Christmas ritually executing captured prisoners would sort of put a downer on everything.

Any last words? *freezes them* No?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Do any of the holiday legendary skins have unique voice lines? It's hard to find out. On youtube every time I think I have a showcase of the new skins it's just someone in the character viewer spinning them around, unbought, and doing commentary .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010