Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Archer is an amazing card for trolling Sword/Dragon. I just has a game with that golden moment where my opponent played two Fortes and I dropped an Archer and a May. At least they didn't rage-D/C, but it was an immediate concede.

I don't think anyone honestly expects Forte to survive on the board after the turn she's played. Her job is to deal immediate damage and maybe bait some removal. I doubt that was a rage quit so much as a calculated "It's literally impossible for me to win at this point; oh well, can't win 'em all." I certainly know I've done a lot of those. Forte is a card that either wins you the game or is stopped forever by a 1/1 with ward. There's nothing in-between.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Awesome! posted:

doesnt it give you a message about abandoning your t2 run and taking the current rewards or am i imagining that?

Probably but who actually reads confirmation dialogs?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I really hate that missions are about playing a certain deck type. The meta around me right now is a trillion dipshit Elanas. Don't make me play sword.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I just started this, and with my free card packs I got myself an Ancient Elf, a Bloody Mary, an Alexander, a Dark Angel Olivia, an Enstatued Seraph, a Fairy Princess, and a Jeanne D'arc as legendaries. Should I keep this or reroll?

Alternatively, on a reroll I got Crystallia Tia, Cerberus, Bloody Mary, Gabriel, Fafnir, Tsubaki, and Lord of the Flies. I suppose I'll keep rerolling for a bit to have a selection of accounts with a good number of legendaries to choose from.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 22, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'd say it's pretty good. Not all of those cards are top tier, but a lot of them are. Unless you really enjoy rerolling it's a good starting place.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Eopia posted:

So I just started this, and with my free card packs I got myself an Ancient Elf, a Bloody Mary, an Alexander, a Dark Angel Olivia, an Enstatued Seraph, a Fairy Princess, and a Jeanne D'arc as legendaries. Should I keep this or reroll?

Alternatively, on a reroll I got Crystallia Tia, Cerberus, Bloody Mary, Gabriel, Fafnir, Tsubaki, and Lord of the Flies. I suppose I'll keep rerolling for a bit to have a selection of accounts with a good number of legendaries to choose from.

what class are you thinking about playing?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Awesome! posted:

what class are you thinking about playing?

I'm mostly considering Swordcraft and Shadowcraft at the moment, although I'm willing to give any of them a shot.

With that in mind, I've got four rolls here to choose from as I think I'm done with rerolling.

Roll 1: Ancient Elf, Bloody Mary, Alexander, Dark Angel Olivia, Enstatued Seraph, Fairy Princess, and Jeanne D'arc

Roll 2: Crystallia Tia, Cerberus, Bloody Mary, Gabriel, Fafnir, Tsubaki, and Lord of the Flies.

Roll 3: Aurelia, Regal Saber, Fafnir, Lord Atomy, Prince of Darkness, Crystallia Tia, Alexander, and Bloody Mary

Roll 4: Dragonsong Flute x2, Mythril Golem x2, Enstatued Seraph, Animated Enstatued Seraph, Skullfane, Lord of Flies, Alexander, and Rose Queen.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 22, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I really like the idea of the preconstructed decks. I don't anticipate that I'm going to buy any, but if someone feels like it gets them a head start to a deck they want, that's cool, and I'm 100% down for milking waifu people to make my f2p game better.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

It's best if you can look at the list of current best decks and decide which deck (or two decks) you want to start with and make sure you have at least 2 of the required legendaries if you can, some take more than others (Dshift only needs 2 merlins for example but trying to get 2 of those in your 10 starting standard packs is pretty unlikely). For example bloody mary is a strong blood legendary but it's not gonna be useful if your only blood deck is aggro bats. Or Alexander, he's good in control sword but requires a lot of other legendaries too, and isn't used at all in faster sword decks. Tia and Ancient Elf are run in basically every forest deck though so look for those if you want to play that class for sure.

Of course there's a new expansion coming so maybe all the stuff we know right now will go out the window and some weird crazy decks come and throw everything else out the window, but that's not too likely I think, the decks that are good now will probably continue to work with some changes, and the existing legendaries that aren't used will probably remain that way

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I ran into an Alexander in a banner deck but that's just reinforcing my "sword players have no idea what the gently caress they're doing and just slam in cards" thing. Won that one easily enough.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

id probably go with 2 although 4 has a lot of dust value

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Eopia posted:

I'm mostly considering Swordcraft and Shadowcraft at the moment, although I'm willing to give any of them a shot.

With that in mind, I've got four rolls here to choose from as I think I'm done with rerolling.

Roll 1: Ancient Elf, Bloody Mary, Alexander, Dark Angel Olivia, Enstatued Seraph, Fairy Princess, and Jeanne D'arc

Roll 2: Crystallia Tia, Cerberus, Bloody Mary, Gabriel, Fafnir, Tsubaki, and Lord of the Flies.

Roll 3: Aurelia, Regal Saber, Fafnir, Lord Atomy, Prince of Darkness, Crystallia Tia, Alexander, and Bloody Mary

Roll 4: Dragonsong Flute x2, Mythril Golem x2, Enstatued Seraph, Animated Enstatued Seraph, Skullfane, Lord of Flies, Alexander, and Rose Queen.

With roll 4, you've already got all the expensive cards needed for a top-tier Havencraft deck. Shadowcraft is not in a great spot right now, but you need Cerberus as a legendary if you're gonna play it, likely multiple. Gabriel is a pretty solid neutral legendary though, and having a LotF is a good trio of legendaries to start a Shadowcraft deck with. That being said, Swordcraft has some of the cheapest decks to build, so if you do take roll 4 you could liquidate Skullfane and the Golems (maybe even the dragonsong flutes) to get two A/S tier decks ready very quickly (Banner/Mid-range sword and Elena Seraph Hybrid Haven)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

midrange sword is very expensive and none of those rolls will really cover it. banner is super cheap though

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That new Forte art is nice and since she is obviously bae I will have to collect all the arts.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome! posted:

midrange sword is very expensive and none of those rolls will really cover it. banner is super cheap though

I forgot that I'm using a ghetto as hell version with no Aurelias and only two Otohimes. Even though I'd be better off switching to banner, I still barely ever lose with my weird deck variant just to give you an idea how good sword is right now

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My poverty midrange sword only has one Otohime, zero Aurelias, and actually has to use Swordsman in place of Tsubaki.

It still does pretty well in the A bracket despite being a pretty cheap deck. I don't think I'd run more than two Otohimes even if I could, and frankly I'd say sword's best card is Alwida's Command.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

inthesto posted:

I don't think I'd run more than two Otohimes even if I could
i feel like this would be a mistake but its your deck and if it works i wish you luck

alwidas is very good and goes in like every sword deck so its a solid choice to craft early on.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Awesome! posted:

A control style sword deck is even more expensive. Since I rolled most of the cards, I made one and man I think it's awful.

3 Aurelias, 2 Otohimes, 2 Tsubakis, 2 Alexanders, 1 Odin, 1 Lucifer, 2 Olivias. Golds include 2 Alwida's, 2 white paladins, 1 Urd, 1 Leoniads, 1 fronguard, and 1 dragonewt charlotte.

It beats pure Elana, Elana/Seraph if I draw Odin, and okay against Dragon but loses to everything else. I'll do something like Urd frontguard to get a total of 3 wards for Dshift to chew through. Rune somehow has the exact cards to clear them all and still double Dshift/triple flame destroyer OTK by turn 8.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So I didn't know that you are forced to repeat the B->A challenges until you win them. I wish I could have stayed farming easy quests in B-rank.

Oh well, jank banner sword (a single Alwida plus random Tsubaki) still has like a 70% win rate at A0. It totally destroys all other aggressive decks except a blood deck with good draws and dragon with the rear end in a top hat that deals 1 damage per turn. Garuda decks, in particular, get too greedy with their mulligans and I just steam-roll before they can do anything. Same with D-Shift: flood the board and force them to use their stuff before it gets pumped. It also is something of a 50-50 against Elana (it all depends if they draw the Amulet fast), of which there are not that many currently since everybody seems to be expecting her. Loses miserably to midrange sword/forest unless you get plenty of draw and assassins. Angelic barrage is also awful but almost nobody is running that.

In general most people (me included, drat blood players) tend to focus on their own plan too much instead of countering whatever it is the hyper-aggressive player is doing. Doing value trades may be nice but reducing face damage should be the priority.

And that single Tsubaki steals so many wins I'm tempted to craft another.

Seems like the A0 is mostly haven, sword, and blood. Followed by d-shift and forest. Dragon and shadow (lol, nobody plays that) are rare.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Bloodcraft, the precon I was waiting for (I have only 1x QV and BM and I'm done buying DE) was announced and it's great. It has queen vampire barbie (alt art), bloody mary, vania, revelation, dire bond, and a bunch of other cards that dont matter.

I think only runecraft is left.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there any word about whether this set is going to expand the story mode and/or whether there's some free pack extravanganza when it drops

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there any word about whether this set is going to expand the story mode and/or whether there's some free pack extravanganza when it drops

I don't think there is any official word about that. I guess the chances are really slim of getting the story expanded but we will almost certainly get a few free packs when the new cards drop.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So how does one go about gaining Vials in this game? I'm only missing one Themis' Decree to complete my Elana Seraph deck but I've already spent all the vials I had from liquefying the legendaries I didn't need.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Eopia posted:

So how does one go about gaining Vials in this game? I'm only missing one Themis' Decree to complete my Elana Seraph deck but I've already spent all the vials I had from liquefying the legendaries I didn't need.
Opening more packs that you get from T2 or buy with rupees

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
people in casual seem to understand stealth in shadowverse about as much as they do in hearthstone

which is to say not very much!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
prince of darkness got me 3 take two wins by itself this morning, that was sweet. the best was when I played it after my opponent also played it but he chose to take out a follower instead of hit my face for 7, which gave me enough time to pull the one that reduced his hp to 1

e: another fun arena play: ceridwen into deathchaser> rise of the dead into ceridwen> ceridwen into ceridwen> ceridwen into commander of destruction. took down an AA sword and went 4-1 overall

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 23, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

made a simple bat deck to do blood dailies. got a pretty cool 14 hp lethal with 2 bats (1 evo'd), 2 fortresses, and a razory claw. also played a shadow who dropped an amulet i had never seen before, ghoul's banquet, then he apologized. he never got a chance to use necromancy lol.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 23, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/shadowverse_jp/status/812236332630056960

Alt art Merlin, the other legendary is Mythril Golem

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

After treading water on the ladder going first about 8 of 12 games and facing at least 6 Sword lists that just play whatever-the-gently caress, I decided to buy packs until I felt better.

Third pack I got an animated Maid Leader and animated Aurelia.

On one hand I feel rewarded. On the other, I feel mocked.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
are you complaining that people are not netdecking

lol

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm complaining that Sword takes like zero meaningful penalty for it.

Forest may take a while to tip its hand as to what type it's playing but once you know, you know how to play against it. It's really hard to do that meaningfully against Sword. Compare "now that I'm pretty sure he's on PTP, I need to watch the shadow count, build a board that punishes him for Fairy Beast, and put down pressure" to "okay it may or may not be mid or banner sword because they run a billion of the same cards and even if he's banner that doesn't mean he's not running Aurelia and Otohime." poo poo, I saw a Banner player with Alexander this week. I won that game but he was in AA so obviously he's getting rewarded for running whatever-the-gently caress.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like spending gold on packs a week before the expansion is a bit short-sighted.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

eh, im gonna drop some cash on expansion packs so im not really worried

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Clarste posted:

I feel like spending gold on packs a week before the expansion is a bit short-sighted.

It is, but I didn't do it to be optimal. I did it to make me feel like treading water on the ladder today was worth my time. I don't want to end up as burnt out on Shadowverse as Reynad is on Hearthstone.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Telling midrange from banner is pretty easy and if they are running sub-optimal poo poo it's usually an easy win unless they pull out the perfect counter to you. But if they pull out the Alexander or whatever that lets them clear out 3 wards to win the game then i guess they know what the gently caress they are doing. Also animated maid leader owns because she has the best english attack line in the game.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Veteran Lancer, Novice Trooper, Floral Fencer, Aurelia.

Which deck am I playing?

There are lists in all three archetypes that can play this exact sequence.

Sometimes you can tell by what they prioritize, but if you're stumbling on your draws, all of these decks are going to be hitting face. If you're playing a vicious aggro curve, at least two of them are going to trade and honestly if Banner gets the right trades it can too.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

If they are playing Aurelia they are playing some weird rear end banner deck and aren't doing the thing that banner does to win so who cares? If you brick really hard it usually doesn't matter against sword because sword has just generally good cards and can play them and do whatever and that is going to continue because sword is going to get even better cards in the expansion.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Opening packs is the best part of the game. Even better if you do it in bulk. You have no idea how hard it is to stick with the daily deals when you have 1000 crystals. That's 10 packs right there! There could be multiple legendaries to be had.

Everyone 100 gold goes straight to packs. Alternate between standard and DE.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Veteran Lancer, Novice Trooper, Floral Fencer, Aurelia.

Which deck am I playing?

There are lists in all three archetypes that can play this exact sequence.

Sometimes you can tell by what they prioritize, but if you're stumbling on your draws, all of these decks are going to be hitting face. If you're playing a vicious aggro curve, at least two of them are going to trade and honestly if Banner gets the right trades it can too.

Sacred Plea, Beastcall Aria, Dogma Aria/Sacred Plea, Priest of the Cudgel, Priest of the Cudgel, Themis Decree.

What deck am I playing?

Doesn't matter because my opponent plays shadowcraft. :)

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 24, 2016

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

If you can go 3-2 in take 2 you get better value out of that. Once this expansion comes I'm sure there will be plenty of people showing off the 40 packs they open and get like 2 legendaries because I'm going to get all the luck once it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I would be honestly surprised if they didn't give out at least 10 new expansion packs to celebrate the release.

• Locked thread