Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's more than someone's word in regards to the information I have about the game.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's more than someone's word in regards to the information I have about the game.

You've literally become Derek Smart in regards to the 'sources' for your info.

The circle is now complete.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beluga Snail posted:

You've literally become Derek Smart in regards to the 'sources' for your info.

The circle is now complete.

Circle will be complete when he writes a blog in July.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

this makes my teeth itch but derek smart is more forthright and honest than you are.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
he's referring to the dog and pony show they give all the whales who drop by for a tour.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Wise Learned Man posted:

Their refund guy is seriously named scrilla? :psyduck:

:confused:
"grim dawn" more like "grim dawn of war II: retribution: warhammer 40k there is only war check out our black-clad totally not a witch hunter on a red background box art this certainly hasn't been done before"

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLightPurges posted:

this makes my teeth itch but derek smart is more forthright and honest than you are.

The apprentice becomes the master.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLightPurges posted:

That's about as true as his genuine moon rock.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ManofManyAliases posted:

How's Jared feeling, anyway?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
listen, rear end in a top hat, you wanna snipe around here you gotta use cat pictures.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

It's even the same gun :catstare:

Have to love the Shitizens tho. If it's someone copying a CIG pic, it's the greatest tragedy since the Black Death, worthy of drastic legal action. When CIG do it, it's an "homage" to past great games, something to be admired.

Idiots.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

You went back to that psychic again, dincha.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

So, the hottest thread on /r/ds isn't even about derek smart, but about Beer getting a refund. Totally an independent sub that is concerned about the blatant falsehoods of a washed up game developer...

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

Whew! I knew it! CIG has been working on 3.0 the entire time and it is almost ready!! Rather than buy back in--better ways to have fun:

1) Buy an account off the grey market, barter the guy down to 60cents on the dollar if you can. Then refund the account for the full amount.

2) Tell CIG you've seen the error of your ways and can't believe you got upset enough to ask for a refund. Get your account reinstated. Wait a month and get a refund all over again.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tokamak posted:

So, the hottest thread on /r/ds isn't even about derek smart, but about Beer getting a refund. Totally an independent sub that is concerned about the blatant falsehoods of a washed up game developer...

what you are forgetting is that beer is a clear derek smart alt

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Tokamak posted:

Why is /r/ds discussing Chris Roberts?

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Ash1138 posted:

"grim dawn" more like "grim dawn of war II: retribution: warhammer 40k there is only war check out our black-clad totally not a witch hunter on a red background box art this certainly hasn't been done before"

"Grim Dawn"? More like "Diablo 2.5"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

alpha pu 2.5 and 2.6 apparently meets crobbers' standards for public release, but squadron 42 does not and that's about all you need to know about the state of squadron 42

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Winter Stormer posted:

"Grim Dawn"? More like "Diablo 2.5"
this is literally all i see, dawg:

grim dawn could be the greatest diablo-like ever made, but their vp of marketing must have been the greatest since they were a little girl or something

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I have a pair of those too. Let's all rage together. :3:

Well, last time I lost my temper in normal jeans... Well, now I am on the metahuman sexual offenders list... On the plus side, the arresting officer DID give me her number...

EDIT: Hulkaparty sounds good. We have :pgabz: for music inbetween smashing things, and I will bring a keg...

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 22, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ISO 42 standards

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

HycoCam posted:

Whew! I knew it! CIG has been working on 3.0 the entire time and it is almost ready!! Rather than buy back in--better ways to have fun:

1) Buy an account off the grey market, barter the guy down to 60cents on the dollar if you can. Then refund the account for the full amount.

2) Tell CIG you've seen the error of your ways and can't believe you got upset enough to ask for a refund. Get your account reinstated. Wait a month and get a refund all over again.

It can't be that bad....

oh.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

In other game-that-is-also-pre-alpha-but-actually-playable news, getting off-planet is really fun in Astroneer — each little ball has its own setup and challenges. Something of a game balancing issue, though, is that once you get enough tech and resources to go there, you're not really bound by what's available around you any more.

On this little exotic planet, all I need is to find research objects that usually are found under alien plants…

…and the planet is nothing but alien plants. Not sure if I consider it a negative yet, though.

ManofManyAliases posted:

"Car salesman." You guys need to stop licking Derek's taint. Or, lick it harder and wetter in the awesome troll you've engaged. Either way, you've got the wrong salesman.

You do know that Chris was a used car salesman, right?

ManofManyAliases posted:

That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

Also, you did notice that Chris said we should not hold him to his not-promise of getting 4.0 out in the next year, right? And this right next to the suggestion that 3.0 would be out by now, so we can already benchmark the validity of that timeframe estimate…

Tippis fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 22, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tokamak posted:

That thread continues to deliver.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ManofManyAliases posted:

so if you're so sure why don't you put it up for everyone to see

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

listen, rear end in a top hat, you wanna snipe around here you gotta use cat pictures.

i DO! I paid my tax.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

Every mission is complete and has already been grey/white boxed.

you mean hand waved

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

The best part about star citizen has not happened yet.

When crobbers goes all colonel kurtz on everyone, that is going to be the best.

Now that we moved the pipeline to our new offices things will start moving much faster. The new team is refactoring the Caterpillar and the latest mocap looks great.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

Oh. I'm out of posts.

To celebrate I present the actual, not fooling, origin of Disco Lando.

This video is older than some of the posters in this thread!

https://handcraftedfilms.com/1998/08/22/godzilla-versus-disco-lando/

Note: this is the weakest of his early work. Kung Fu Kenobi's big adventure is a lot better.

Also arfjason your trolling shows flashes of brilliance, but you gotta be willing to put in the work and stick the landing! Call your mom, she's disappointed in you.

Yeah, seriously, man. We had a nice chat right after I found out her home address and phone number and right before I threatened her with certain death.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Now that Anandtech thread is discussing whether or not calling someone a "goon" is derogatory, and if it should be a banable offense.

:allears:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Games on life support. They aren't even trying to hire the fired crytek people.

Funds be low.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

This is true.

Also when the backers interact with people it sort of degenerates further when they act like pricks.

You almost want to cheer Chris on in milking them of every dime they have. :3:

Yeah, with the way they have of accusing everyone of hate and stupidity, and threatening people, and calling schoolyard names. Maybe we should send THEM Arfjason?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I just had a great meal out. I got a sashimi sampler platter. I ate up all my 5 different types of fish; tuna, salmon, and 3 other I don't know. One was wrapped in a kind of rosette with paper thin slices of cucumber with some caviar on top. I finished it off by downing the remainder of my wad of wasabi, then crying for 45 seconds. I ate it all with chopsticks without getting a cramp in my hand this time. $23.

It was amazing, and excellent. Stop by Liu's House in Allentown, PA, on Tilghman Street, if you are ever in the area.

XK fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 22, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Lime Tonics posted:

Games on life support. They aren't even trying to hire the fired crytek people.

Funds be low.

To be fair, hiring the last dregs hanging on at a dying company, going months with late or no pay, probably isn't a great strategy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

hosed up if true.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

XK posted:

Now that Anandtech thread is discussing whether or not calling someone a "goon" is derogatory, and if it should be a banable offense.

:allears:

Yeah, read that and got a chuckle. Been following the trainwreck thread over there for months (sort of my 'default' tech forum site out of habit).

I enjoy the fact that Jst0rm is fighting the fight and wasn't the one that was banned. :v: This is after months of cease fire type scenarios where mods stepped in and he graciously backs out so TechBoy can still post. What a great community.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That thread continues to deliver.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

hosed up if true.

quote:

Sandi Gardiner was born in Adelaide, Australia, to Carina Calo, a civil engineer, and Leonard Albert Gardiner a microbiology professor. She is of Philippine, Chinese, Native American (mother) and Welsh, English (father) descent. Sandi grew up traveling the world as an only child with each of her parents. Her mother schooled her in Asian culture and language and her father in European culture and language. Sandi began modeling at the age of 8, when a modeling agent stopped her mother in the street in Australia and she went on a casting that same day. She booked the job and continued to model all throughout primary school and high school.

Schooled in Japan and the Philippines as a child.
Played the piano since she was age 4.
Trains in mixed martial arts.
Owns a home in the Philippines.
Attended Native German and French schools as a child.
Is in the Guinness Book of Records 2015 for co-creating the most successful crowd funded project ever.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1667407/

Oh, gently caress, just doxxed Sandi.

Why doesn't IMDB tell us about her professional shoe designing career?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard