Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

VideoGames posted:

Japanuary. Jrpgs and games by Japanese developers.

You should go full Japanese and put a yakuza game on that list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chomp8645 posted:

In cold weather you can't go wrong with a city builder and a cup of tea.

Only if that city builder has seasonal weather programmed in.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in chulip you go around and kiss people until you're good enough at kissing to kiss the girl of your dreams. not everyone wants to kiss right away though so you have to surprise them or do tasks for them and it's fun. it's probably not on steam but maybe on vita through ps2 classics or something i don't know how it works

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I have never heard of it. I did ask for suggestions a few days ago. What is chulip and is it on steam?

Chulip is a PS2 game where you, a lovely and poor kid who just moved to a sleepy Japanese burg, must kiss everyone so your romantic heart can become worthy of the literal girl of your dreams.

It's also on PSN

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sitting waiting to get another thyroid biopsy, like a dozen needles in my neck, yeahhhhh buddy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

in chulip you go around and kiss people until you're good enough at kissing to kiss the girl of your dreams. not everyone wants to kiss right away though so you have to surprise them or do tasks for them and it's fun. it's probably not on steam but maybe on vita through ps2 classics or something i don't know how it works

That actually sounds like a ton of fun! I'll have to check psn.
I did try and pick games I thought were most appropriate from my steam library but I'm trying to play games I've never touched so I might have gotten it slightly wrong.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i want to change my earlier empty quote to replace the first game with tokyo jungle and then p4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sounds like my 20s

and my 30s

and highschool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stux posted:

i want to change my earlier empty quote to replace the first game with tokyo jungle and then p4

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

oh i wouldn't know. how so
there was a post describing the bad controls in one of my bookmarks, but I can't find it again. unfortunately didn't see much of a need to make a note of it since I had it on PC already anyway

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Looper posted:

What kinds of games do y'all like to play in cold weather?

jrpgs

shameful to admit but i have a snuggie, so sitting wrapped up in it next to a heater with hot chocolate, playing idk persona or something is probably my favorite part of winter

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Looper posted:

video

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this war of mine :getin:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

Little Inferno

e:

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 22, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Gay by committee

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am grateful to blizzard for not making tracey's waifu be another ingame character, it took an inappropriately long time but they finally made a good lore decision

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Der_Kevin/status/811496784522575872

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Dang man I started today with strong opinions about stux but his last half-dozen posts have been solid gold truth. I don't know what to think any more.

VideoGames, you should enjoy video games and not make regimented plans that will result in rushed experiences. Also, add Tokyo Jungle to that list so you can meet the requisite bloodthirsty Pomeranian quotient.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chris Sawyer: My "pet project" at the moment is an ambition to bring my old PC game RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 to modern mobile and tablet platforms - not an easy task given that the original game was written in low-level x86 assembler code which only works on the PC. But with the success of Transport Tycoon on mobile and with the experience and willingness of the small team from Origin8 to continue working for me it was looking a lot more feasible, so they're working with me to create a very faithful conversion of the original PC game.

yoooooooo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Japanuary's lineup is finalised.
For Jan2017 these are the games I will be playing:

On Steam:
Cave Story+.
FF VII.
Killer is Dead.
King of Fighters XIII Steam edition.
Valkyria Chronicles.
Ys 1. (I also have the other Ys games installed in case I really enjoy this one.)

On Vita:
Persona 4 Golden.

Let me know when you get to KOF and Ill 1v1 you. If I win you have to ban yourself though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

JRPGS. If its especially cold Ill stay in bed, plug the headphones into the DS4 and zone out. I imagine like how people felt when they would jack in to cyberspace in Mega Man Battle Network

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys VIII on PS4 in stable 60fps is going to be amazeballs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

I will never get to play it but I'm sure the OST will be good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:siren: Nier Automata Demo is now available :siren:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

so hype for english version

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'd like to play Pokemon Sun in this bitter cold to warm up and stuff, but because of weather UPS couldn't deliver it today. :mad:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

:siren: Nier Automata Demo is now available :siren:

link plz!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

boy are my arms tired posted:

jrpgs

shameful to admit but i have a snuggie, so sitting wrapped up in it next to a heater with hot chocolate, playing idk persona or something is probably my favorite part of winter

That's not shameful! I have very fond memories of bundling up on the couch and co-oping Tales of the Abyss with a friend

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Unless you meant the snuggie, in which case...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/cid=PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-CATEGORY00000579?EMCID=jGMMKT-PSBLG-blog-20161102-nierautomata-CATEGORY but if you try to access it it swaps to the nonexistant english page. Youll have to find it on the japanese psn but its got its own big spot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/cid=PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-CATEGORY00000579?EMCID=jGMMKT-PSBLG-blog-20161102-nierautomata-CATEGORY but if you try to access it it swaps to the nonexistant english page. Youll have to find it on the japanese psn but its got its own big spot

cool. its out tomorrow in the US right? at this hour i'll probably just go to bed and d/l it from work to play tomorrow cause i doubt it will be done loading before bed anyway and i don't have a jp account set up yet

enjoy!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Metro 2033 Redux, and it was fantastic. There was evidently an alternate ending I completely missed, and there's also one in Last Light. Is it worth trying to get the one in Last Light or should I just Youtube it like I did the one for 2033?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

To all who share concern about my Crimbo list here's what it ended up being:

Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Dark Souls 3
Dragon Quest 7
Paper Mario: Color Splash

The first three were all I could come up with a week ago, so I'm probably getting those and some of the rest.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
They're just like two-minute cutscenes IIRC, if you don't care about trophies or achievements I'd probably just YouTube whichever ending you didn't get.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Popular Human posted:

They're just like two-minute cutscenes IIRC, if you don't care about trophies or achievements I'd probably just YouTube whichever ending you didn't get.

OK good, I kinda wanna throw knives at soldiers and not have to knock all of them out instead of killing them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

boy are my arms tired posted:

jrpgs

Snuggies are gaming blankets. Do not be ashamed of your gamer instinct. I have a zebra snuggie. Hail Baphomet.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. Stuck on a part of SLAIN that is really hard for me. Decided to watch a youtube video. I'm watching this guy and I'm like "what the gently caress, he really sucks, he's taking all kinds of damage during the skeletons phases before he even gets to the miniboss, I must be missing some dumb gimmick to beat the miniboss..." and then he gets to the miniboss and dies in one hit. Thanks guy. Great video. I guess you never claimed you beat him, but what is even the point of a video of the same experience loving everyone's gonna have if they don't know what the gently caress they are doing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think the games I've had the most fun with this year have been dq Builders watch dogs 2 ff15 uc4 bravely second

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

If you log in your Japanese account and then go back to click the link that usually works. Assuming you can remember what it was, but you should!

Snak posted:

Ugh. Stuck on a part of SLAIN that is really hard for me. Decided to watch a youtube video. I'm watching this guy and I'm like "what the gently caress, he really sucks, he's taking all kinds of damage during the skeletons phases before he even gets to the miniboss, I must be missing some dumb gimmick to beat the miniboss..." and then he gets to the miniboss and dies in one hit. Thanks guy. Great video. I guess you never claimed you beat him, but what is even the point of a video of the same experience loving everyone's gonna have if they don't know what the gently caress they are doing.
It seems like half the "walkthrough" videos on YouTube are just random gameplay like that and it's hilarious. Well, until you need one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cool I only have to beat 24 games before the end of the year to even out my backloggery. :cool:

• Locked thread