Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

"Ohhhh ho ok pal did Greg put you up to this? Listen, I haven't been scared of vampires for like years now. Not funny" is my favorite response I've heard

That's pretty good! :D I didn't realize there was unique dialogue for wearing those 'gimmick' outfits (aside from a lot of standard "WTF" reactions). Does anyone know if you get similar comments when wearing the plague doctor outfit in Sapienza, out in the town? I've put it on, but never tried sneaking out of the mansion grounds and into the town, myself - so I've got no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

That's pretty good! :D I didn't realize there was unique dialogue for wearing those 'gimmick' outfits (aside from a lot of standard "WTF" reactions). Does anyone know if you get similar comments when wearing the plague doctor outfit in Sapienza, out in the town? I've put it on, but never tried sneaking out of the mansion grounds and into the town, myself - so I've got no clue.
yup. by the gate guards at least

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna stick my nuts in a toaster.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
"Hey, I've got a stiff one! I mean...I found a dead body!"

My favorite is the guy praying in the Sapienza church. I used to get irked when everyone was voiced by the same 3 VAs, but the dialogue is so funny I don't care anymore.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

"Hey, I've got a stiff one! I mean...I found a dead body!"

My favorite is the guy praying in the Sapienza church. I used to get irked when everyone was voiced by the same 3 VAs, but the dialogue is so funny I don't care anymore.

No why did you say that, I want to believe each character has their own voice actor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every guy sounds like every guy and every girl sounds like every girl which works for the weird clockwork world of murder

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if you shoot him in the booth you get a challenge win and 5000 points

lol i just ran right up and did this and its great how long it takes anyone to notice hes dead at all

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

lol i just ran right up and did this and its great how long it takes anyone to notice hes dead at all

I did the whole rest of t he mission silent assassin style with him laying there. its epic

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Major Isoor posted:

yeah you get unique comments and people will randomly say you play too much assassins creed

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Pardon my ignorance but do ps4/xbone games come on disks or do they download almost everything? This game would take up what, 4 blu ray discs?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Pardon my ignorance but do ps4/xbone games come on disks or do they download almost everything? This game would take up what, 4 blu ray discs?

They come on discs but the discs read too slow so they install fully to your hard drive anyway

this game hasnt had a disc release yet, that comes out next month

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oh, ok. Thanks.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
sapienza was loving awesome .... can't wait to play a million more times. gonna run through each of the missions once before going back and redoing stuff, though, because these cutscenes are really funny

edit: hell yeah got like 7 mastery levels from my first run, too. i've been a busy boy. where do you go on that map to erase security cam footage? seems like it should be in that room with the plague doctor outfit but i can't find a way to do it in there

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

sapienza was loving awesome .... can't wait to play a million more times. gonna run through each of the missions once before going back and redoing stuff, though, because these cutscenes are really funny

edit: hell yeah got like 7 mastery levels from my first run, too. i've been a busy boy. where do you go on that map to erase security cam footage? seems like it should be in that room with the plague doctor outfit but i can't find a way to do it in there

outside the mansion: the offices above the gelato shop

inside the mansion: top floor of the villa, climb through the window next to the stairs to the attic

lab: trailer/prefab building closest to the climbable pipe

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

cumshitter posted:

outside the mansion: the offices above the gelato shop

inside the mansion: top floor of the villa, climb through the window next to the stairs to the attic

lab: trailer/prefab building closest to the climbable pipe

thanks! that mission was so cool. i don't need any specific hints but are there a variety of ways to destroy the virus? i only did the really obvious hands-on way but with all the ways to murder people I'd be surprised if the game gave you an objective with just one way to solve it. nothing really jumped out at me but I'm definitely gonna lurk around the lab some more and see

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

thanks! that mission was so cool. i don't need any specific hints but are there a variety of ways to destroy the virus? i only did the really obvious hands-on way but with all the ways to murder people I'd be surprised if the game gave you an objective with just one way to solve it. nothing really jumped out at me but I'm definitely gonna lurk around the lab some more and see

i can think of 4 different ways

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
theres a way to stealthily destroy the virus once you reach the lab just keep exploring the area. the only other way ive discovered to destroy the virus i discovered by accident at the church and once you figure it out and its pretty loving awesome working it out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

cumshitter posted:

theres a way to stealthily destroy the virus once you reach the lab just keep exploring the area. the only other way ive discovered to destroy the virus i discovered by accident at the church and once you figure it out and its pretty loving awesome working it out
wait what's this

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
one of the scientists was responsible for killing another scientist in an accident and you can overhear this while they're in the confessional. you can pretend to be a corpse in the morgue and choke her out while she pays her respects. she has the laptop dongle needed to destroy the virus in the lab above the security footage

not quite a spoiler: there's a hint on where this opportunity starts in the lab itself

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I killed both Paris targets by throwing scissors at their necks. Not a spoiler, because "I used a weapon to kill" isn't a spoiler. Then I ran away and hit a bunch of guards in the head with a hammer, so that nobody knew what the assassin looked like.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
There's a challenge in Paris for blowing up both targets when they are in the panic room. I've already got lvl 20 for Paris but I have never once found out where the panic room is. I suppose I could cause an alarm and watch where they run, but I've got so many other stages to earn stuff from that it's just one mystery I'll never solve.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LawfulWaffle posted:

There's a challenge in Paris for blowing up both targets when they are in the panic room. I've already got lvl 20 for Paris but I have never once found out where the panic room is. I suppose I could cause an alarm and watch where they run, but I've got so many other stages to earn stuff from that it's just one mystery I'll never solve.

The 'panic room' is actually just the security room in the basement. That's where they'll go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

The 'panic room' is actually just the security room in the basement. That's where they'll go

Nah the panic room is on the second floor. That was a fun kill to do because when they idle in the panic room they both stand under neath a chandelier

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Nah the panic room is on the second floor. That was a fun kill to do because when they idle in the panic room they both stand under neath a chandelier

Whoa really? I've for sure had them run to the basement room

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the second floor panic room is only if you give the special evacuation order from novikov's bodyguard's phone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Whoa really? I've for sure had them run to the basement room

Could be different spots depending on when you trigger it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

goferchan posted:

the fastest/easiest/suit-only doable way is to sneak around the side of the prefab lab and shoot a stalactite off into it with the silenced silverballer

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

are there any security camera machines in bangkok besides the one security room

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

are there any security camera machines in bangkok besides the one security room

Thanks for reminding me - since where IS the Bangkok security room? I recall reading somewhere that it's out the back/behind the hotel, but the only 'security room' I can find is a little hut that doesn't have a recording device I can destroy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

on the first floor up the stairs in the building the recording studio is in

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

on the first floor up the stairs in the building the recording studio is in

Oh wow, that's uh, a touch different to what I had thought! Well, thanks for that - I now know what my next stop is, once I get home and start up the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

maybe theres another security room, id like to know

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i got this game for $30

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the other bangkok security room is the hut next to the tuk tuk

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

i got this game for $30

It's a hell of a deal. The first 2 intro/tutorial missions are a little basic and failed to get me excited properly for the rest of the game but once you hit Paris and poo poo starts for real it owns hard. Enjoy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

they moved the Bangkok camera room from the hut to the first floor in some patch apparently. this confused me for a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao I could keep killing Silvio over and over. I just did the stuff with his mom

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Lmfao I could keep killing Silvio over and over. I just did the stuff with his mom

have you done the VHS thing yet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the song that plays during the vhs is my ringtone. people stopped calling me because they know i'll listen to the whole thing before answering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

have you done the VHS thing yet

Nope that's only my second kill. Right now I'm tagging the doc as she loops around the second floor, trying to figure out how to do something cool. I found the lock of her hair in the safe and gave it to her but I'm still trying to figure out what that did

• Locked thread