Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

oldpainless posted:

Where is the blood tho

Stolen by the imperialists of Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
More like oldbloodless amirite :v:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terrible Opinions posted:

This reminds me of how very very mad commenters got when Chains was shone to be in a relationship with a white woman in Payday 2 tie-in material.

That's only because Chains should only be with Wolf. Or Dallas. Because CrimeDads.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

modernwinglish posted:

A guy I went to high school with has made his own Facebook "news" page. I think this image is one he created.

"lack of crap in pants"

Did you ask what exactly was the point of this particular false flag op? Most people who tend to believe these conspiracy theories are relatively right leaning; so far the primary result of this murder was to get Russia and Turkey closer together whilst cutting off the West from Syrian negotiations, thereby guaranteeing Assad will stay in power (ie, not what progressives, who supposedly stage these false flag ops, want).

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I'll pee on whichever imgurarians care to take a stand against me.
this is a joke regarding those bathroom laws

you'll be happy to know that nc got a new gov who is planning to repeal it. if he can get the repeal through the state senate that is.

Yawgmoth posted:

But then we're stuck with Mike Pence, who is even more evil and actually capable of thought.

not if he is the cult leader influencing him and is out on his rear end. but then we get ryan =(

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

into the void posted:

Did you ask what exactly was the point of this particular false flag op? Most people who tend to believe these conspiracy theories are relatively right leaning; so far the primary result of this murder was to get Russia and Turkey closer together whilst cutting off the West from Syrian negotiations, thereby guaranteeing Assad will stay in power (ie, not what progressives, who supposedly stage these false flag ops, want).

I think at this point the only "point" of these things may be to say "Look, the so-called mainstream media is a bunch of incompetent shills at best, outright fiction at worst; the only ones we can trust are whoever they say are 'fake news'"

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

modernwinglish posted:

A guy I went to high school with has made his own Facebook "news" page. I think this image is one he created.

Those conspiracy theories are amazing. Governments have dark, dark secrets, yet they can't make them seem plausible and always leave lots of goofs in their photos. Oops, we just forgot to add blood and poo poo, and left directors in frame, hope no one notices!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

oldpainless posted:

Where is the blood tho

I'm guessing his heart was shot immediately and corpses don't actually bleed that much if there's no heart pumping blood. What blood there is is either on the other side of the body or underneath.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Vookatos posted:

Those conspiracy theories are amazing. Governments have dark, dark secrets, yet they can't make them seem plausible and always leave lots of goofs in their photos. Oops, we just forgot to add blood and poo poo, and left directors in frame, hope no one notices!

It's just like war propaganda. The Enemy is at once a terrifying force that seeks to do terrible things, yet at the same time they're useless and a target for mockery.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

e: the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is a Muslim.

TinTower has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Dec 22, 2016

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

snergle posted:

you'll be happy to know that nc got a new gov who is planning to repeal it. if he can get the repeal through the state senate that is.

My decree still stands.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing his heart was shot immediately and corpses don't actually bleed that much if there's no heart pumping blood. What blood there is is either on the other side of the body or underneath.

Not only that, but it could just be bleeding internally at that point. Sometimes that happens. People really think movies are realistic portrayals, it's bizarre.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Everyone knows that when you're shot you fall down clutching your chest while a red stain spreads on your shirt

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RatHat posted:

I've seen a lot of gunshot wounds, and the Hollywood blood splatter and pink mist are just that: Hollywood. The only time you'll get blood flying all over the place is if the round is very powerful or strikes a major blood vessel or the head. Shotguns are likely candidates, as well as rifle headshots. When someone is shot with a pistol, it may even take a second or two for the wound to start bleeding in earnest and it'll only be visible on the victim's clothes wherever they got hit.

The ambassador was shot in the back, so all the blood is probably on the ground beneath him and soaked into the back of his jacket and shirt. There's photos of the gunman dead after security came in, and there's blood smeared all over the floor from it. Something even knocked the spring out of one of his magazines.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

chitoryu12 posted:

I've seen a lot of gunshot wounds, and the Hollywood blood splatter and pink mist are just that: Hollywood. The only time you'll get blood flying all over the place is if the round is very powerful or strikes a major blood vessel or the head. Shotguns are likely candidates, as well as rifle headshots. When someone is shot with a pistol, it may even take a second or two for the wound to start bleeding in earnest and it'll only be visible on the victim's clothes wherever they got hit.

The ambassador was shot in the back, so all the blood is probably on the ground beneath him and soaked into the back of his jacket and shirt. There's photos of the gunman dead after security came in, and there's blood smeared all over the floor from it. Something even knocked the spring out of one of his magazines.

What the gently caress do you actually do? In every thread you're posting well I have first-hand experience with RANDOM TOPIC

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CommonShore posted:

What the gently caress do you actually do? In every thread you're posting well I have first-hand experience with RANDOM TOPIC

You know how everybody knows somebody whose uncle worked at Nintendo?

Well, chitoryu12 is the one who uncles.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CommonShore posted:

Some people have actually lived lives where a bunch of poo poo happens

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

RFC2324 posted:

Some people are Jason Bourne. Most people aren't though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RFC2324 posted:

That's why I asked

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RFC2324 posted:

Which people? Where? What happened?

Your politician talk isn't gonna work on me, friend.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Field Mousepad posted:

Some people are Jason Bourne. Most people aren't though.

No, most of us are.

It's just you who isn't.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CommonShore posted:

I have no idea who you are.

On topic, you know it's not hard to see what actual injuries look like? I do a lot of writing and research. You don't have to be going around shooting guys or watching gang wars.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

modernwinglish posted:

"lack of crap in pants"
I was just wondering when this (the false flag stuff) was going to start!

It's hard to be too terribly upset about the whole thing though. Working with Vladimir Putin seems like signing up to be in the Roman imperial family, you can climb to incredible heights but murder is always imminent.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Dec 22, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

chitoryu12 posted:

I have no idea who you are.

On topic, you know it's not hard to see what actual injuries look like? I do a lot of writing and research. You don't have to be going around shooting guys or watching gang wars.

Not a callout. I just see you posting all of this really miscellaneous stuff in a variety of threads (teaching stuff, ohsa stuff, now gunshot stuff...). I recognize your av.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

RFC2324 posted:

Most people don't live lies where they see people get shot a bunch though so YMMV

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Today I learned ''pink mist'' doesn't exist. Yeah, okay.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ravenkult posted:

Today I learned ''pink mist'' doesn't exist. Yeah, okay.

Use yourself as a myth buster dummy to prove him wrong.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
The Hollywood style over the top gore happens sometimes. Sometimes gore happens in real life that if they put it in a movie people would say it was TOO ludicrous. The understated stuff happens also, probably more often. The problem isn't "this one depiction could never happen," it's "this one depiction isn't a prescription for how it looks every time." Interpreting things as "pink mist never happens" falls into the same trap as the "no pool of blod so it's fake" people in that regard

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Pardon me but I've watched literally every episode of CSI: Miami so I know a thing or two about what dead bodies always look like

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
You get shot 8 times, I don't care who you are, you're gonna bleed loving everywhere. It doesn't matter if it's a pistol, rifle, shotgun, whatever. There's gonna be a mess. I've seen this unfortunate situation multiple times.

Before anyone asks, I'm a paramedic. I've seen shootings, stabbings, you name it. I worked in a big city for a while, in a lovely part of it. Gunshot victims were a regularity. And there is always loving blood. Myabe not buckets of it like Hollywood would have you believe, but there's still plenty.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

These crimes NEVER existed in Europe until now!

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

Which people? Where? What happened?
oleWhoWhatWhenWhereWhyless, right?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

You get shot 8 times, I don't care who you are, you're gonna bleed loving everywhere. It doesn't matter if it's a pistol, rifle, shotgun, whatever. There's gonna be a mess. I've seen this unfortunate situation multiple times.

Before anyone asks, I'm a paramedic. I've seen shootings, stabbings, you name it. I worked in a big city for a while, in a lovely part of it. Gunshot victims were a regularity. And there is always loving blood. Myabe not buckets of it like Hollywood would have you believe, but there's still plenty.

uh so are you agreeing that the assassination was a false flag

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brother Entropy posted:

They would have gotten away with it if the illumanti could have had the budget for red paint, but alas.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

lol, what the gently caress? How did you get that out of my post? I wasn't speaking about the assassination at all, just a generalized observation contributing to the previous discussion after years of working emergency medicine, pre- and in-hospital.

I really wish I had kept pictures of the back of my rescue after transporting some rather nasty GSW's. Blood everywhere and easily 20-30 minutes of decontamination.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 08:06 on Dec 22, 2016

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Brother Entropy posted:

Pretty sure they were just addressing the thing about Hollywood gunshot wounds being exaggerated by saying that yes, sometimes people do get shot enough that all their blood decides that it's time to leave.

e: Huh, I re-watched the video and it sounds like nine shots were fired. That's more than I thought.

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Dec 22, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

lol, what the gently caress? How did you get that out of my post? I wasn't speaking about the assassination at all, just a generalized observation contributing to the previous discussion after years of working emergency medicine, pre- and in-hospital.

I really wish I had kept pictures of the back of my rescue after transporting some rather nasty GSW's. Blood everywhere and easily 20-30 minutes of decontamination.

well i mean the whole conversation started because a picture went 'no blood MUST BE FAKED' and you come in going 'oh yeah 8 shots means there'd be blood everywhere'

doesn't seem like that big a leap to me

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

:laffo: gamers are the most whiny unsecure manchildren it's amazing.

There are so many great meltdowns over this, it's so much fun.

psutify posted:

:smug: heh, the jokes on you sjws! I'm still going to wank-it to fictional women

Sorry SJWs, But I Only Jerk Off To These Female Characters Because I Respect Them As Women

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Pretty sure they were just addressing the thing about Hollywood gunshot wounds being exaggerated by saying that yes, sometimes people do get shot enough that all their blood decides that it's time to leave.

e: Huh, I re-watched the video and it sounds like nine shots were fired. That's more than I thought.

See, before they posted their second reply, I thought they were just messing with you.

CommonShore posted:

Not a callout. I just see you posting all of this really miscellaneous stuff in a variety of threads (teaching stuff, ohsa stuff, now gunshot stuff...). I recognize your av.

chitoryu12's an anime character but his superpower is going 'Let me google this real quick' before he posts anything.