Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

InitialDave posted:

I have a card for a package to collect, which I suspect will be my AISS. Might be a day or two before I can collect it though.
Package collected!

From Australia. Many Bothans bogans died to bring us this gift.

So, we have a couple of insulated beer cosies, one is a neat wetsuit design that should fit really well around my preferred IPA bottles, the other I suspect will actually be used for Pepsi Max cans.
Screen protectors, which are always handy
Some Wild Turkey playing cards
Ford and Holden stickers (no evidence of in-package fighting)
This really neat Mad Max-esque brooch:

Looks to me like a 34T standard drive middle ring we've got there :awesome:

I'd never even heard of a Holden Calais before.

:raise: Australian origin of gift now being doubted.

Final mention has to go to the choice of stationary the accompanying note was written on:

Thanks Slothrop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My box is going to be late again this year, santee, but don't worry, its going out. Hope you enjoy what I got you.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Boy did Santa ever come for me this year!

So much thanks to bloodmagnet, who handmade this fantastic, wonderful, amazing Yugo sculpture for me!

You are looking at what is possibly the most structurally sound Yugo in the world!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

So much thanks to bloodmagnet, who handmade this fantastic, wonderful, amazing Yugo sculpture for me!

You are looking at what is possibly the most structurally sound Yugo in the world!

This is amazing :shobon:

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
:neckbeard:

Stuff arrived in the mail! From the internet! Tennessee! What's in the box?

A smaller box, naturally. And inside that box...

A yet smaller box!

Nitrile gloves. I will appreciate not having to wash up after doing little fiddly stuff.

One of those Stanley adjustable vice grip wrenches! They're neat.

Neji-saurus pliers! Overnighted from Japan! Sadly (or happily?) I am not enough of a weeaboo to read the back of the package.

Swag stickers. Those E46 stickers will look great on the side of my Buick.

The cutest little NOS bottle. My daughter later showed me that the top screws off and offers storage for, uh, small things. :ninja:

And this, uh bag, with rag.

:ohdear:

My official feline inspector making sure everything is kosher.

Some impressive carnage inside. Bent con rod with bonus wrist pin, half of a piston, and part of a gear.

Really cool stuff. Thanks, mystery Santa. You didn't include an identifying letter, so I don't know who you are, but thank you. This will probably be the most thoughtful gift I will receive this year.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fair warning on those Japanese pliers - they are loving killer, but the jaws are a bit soft. Probably helps them bite better but they do appear to be somewhat easy to wear down. Mine have received some heavy use and definitely don't grip like they used to.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Holy poo poo, that's incredible.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Part 2 of 2 is shipped!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

Package collected!

Thanks Slothrop!

Glad you like, glad it arrived pre-xmas. It was a bit of a challenge finding stuff that I could ship without the price going through the roof. Did I forget to put the Brock poster picture in there?

The Turbo sticker is apparently the same as the badging/decals that went on the infamous VL Turbos

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Haven't seen my Santee post but a couple of small things off Amazon should have hit his door today. There's another box coming I promise even if it's after Christmas. A coworker had to take off this week due to a death in the family so I've been covering him and doing a lot of my normal job duties and there have been some long days.

Dog ate my homework, etc.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
My gifts in a box and are in my Santee's country! Hoping they are there before Christmas! Watching the tracking is agonizing!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Left Ventricle posted:

Really cool stuff. Thanks, mystery Santa. You didn't include an identifying letter, so I don't know who you are, but thank you. This will probably be the most thoughtful gift I will receive this year.

It arrived a day earlier than expected! Note was discovered on my passenger seat after the package was dropped off.

The tool are two I use very frequently in the garage and I think everyone needs to have. The gloves since I didn't see any used in your thread. The carnage is from a BMW M54 I think, money shift the customer was blaming on a faulty flywheel (that's the gear looking part). Keychain and stickers in hopes of making your car faster.

By the way love your thread, amazing work and great documentation.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
My santees box went out tuesday, and is scheduled to arrive after Christmas due to distance. Sorry :(

But the wife said I got a box in the mail yesterday, so whenever I finally get off work I can see if it's from one of yall.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

slothrop posted:

Did I forget to put the Brock poster picture in there?
Sorry, looks like perhaps so.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Mr. Wiggles posted:

That's not accurate at all, he should've just sent you a pile of rust with four tires buried in it.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fermented Tinal posted:

That's not accurate at all, he should've just sent you a pile of thermite with four tires buried in it.

Fixed that. Having owned a yugo, thats probably way better built.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Tracking says the package I sent out was delivered yesterday... No one has posted about it. :ohdear:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Left Ventricle posted:

Tracking says the package I sent out was delivered yesterday... No one has posted about it. :ohdear:

Yes! That one thing is going up in my cube at work! I'm sorry I haven't updated yet but I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Thank you, and I'll get pictures up tomorrow slacking off at work. :D

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

mekilljoydammit posted:

Yes! That one thing is going up in my cube at work! I'm sorry I haven't updated yet but I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Thank you, and I'll get pictures up tomorrow slacking off at work. :D

Glad you like it. Like I said, sorry I couldn't shower you in cool poo poo like everyone else is doing. :shobon:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who managed to not include a note. I thought to myself "self, you should write a note now" and then got distracted by a coworker and ended up taping the box shut and mailing it days ago, and only just remembered. Whoops :v:

Fermented Tinal posted:

Aww poo poo, my second box to the States has a couple kinder surprises in it, I completely forgot they're not kosher south of the border.

Hopefully no shits will be given by customs.

Apparently the fine is up to $2500 per item, so ID's smuggling shenanigans could have cost him or me $7500. Fortunately I've already destroyed all evidence of this event, they were quite tasty!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

kastein posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who managed to not include a note. I thought to myself "self, you should write a note now" and then got distracted by a coworker and ended up taping the box shut and mailing it days ago, and only just remembered. Whoops :v:

Apparently the fine is up to $2500 per item, so ID's smuggling shenanigans could have cost him or me $7500. Fortunately I've already destroyed all evidence of this event, they were quite tasty!

I too meant to write a note but I forgot to before I did up the box and the cards (only thing on hand to write on) at the post office were all "thinking of you on christmas" kind of poo poo. There are however, at least two examples of my handwriting in the package.

There's two "pink" kinder surprises in the box, because I couldn't find a red one, so geirskogul and his gf can decide who gets the Hello Kitty choking hazards. I really hope he doesn't catch a fine though, seriously didn't realize they were banned.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

I did also consider sending you actual :catdrugs:. (My dad's a vet).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The kinder eggs are banned for retail sale, because the US feels that putting choking hazards inside candy is a bad idea. I don't think they're banned for one person to give to another person as a gift, and even if they are, nobody at the post office gives a poo poo. Unless you're shipping like, many boxes of them for resale or something, it's fine.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Leperflesh posted:

The kinder eggs are banned for retail sale, because the US feels that putting choking hazards inside candy is a bad idea. I don't think they're banned for one person to give to another person as a gift, and even if they are, nobody at the post office gives a poo poo. Unless you're shipping like, many boxes of them for resale or something, it's fine.
It's not even intentional to ban Kinder Surprise.

The ban stems from an old practice of having toys literally moulded into the chocolate bars, which is quite clearly A Bad Idea from a child safety point of view. So you are not allowed chocolate/candy which contains toys or other non-food items. The rule is broad enough that it includes Kinder Surprise.

Similarly, I believe those little silver dragees (cake decorating balls) aren't available in California, because yes, strictly speaking, they're toxic, though you'd have to eat God knows how many to do yourself in.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The Wonderball was another one that came with toys until that legislation came down. I think they ended up discontinued for years and eventually brought back with hard candy instead of toys on the inside. Up here, if you can even get a Wonderball (they're rare), it'll be candy-filled.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh I wonder wonder wonder what I do! What's in my wonderball? So many surprises a wonderball can hide. Something candy chocolate with something toys inside.

Get out of my head, old jingle I can't find on YouTube.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
There I was, "politely suggesting" that someone not park in the loading zone out the front of my work. Especially when I clearly have placed cones in said loading zone, indicating I am expecting an imminent delivery, a motorcyle courier came with a package for me. After he strode out the door, I thought that's weird, we don't have motorcycle couriers in round here. Also this package has no postage marks on it.

Sorry ephphatha!!! I'm such a fuckin' goon! Took me far too long to put two and two together. I feel like such a rude oval office, personal delivery and all! If I had been quicker I would have supplied a beer or two. If you're in the area, let me know, I owe you a beer to prove I'm not the rudest person alive.

On to the haul!

Very nicely packaged, and a classy card too.

Look at all this good poo poo!

A lovely card

Badass cookbooks. The CCCP one looks amazing

Motorcycle Parts!

So many useful tools. Scissors will be perfect and I like that they have a locking mechanism, my current ones don't and it always pisses me off.

This will come out after cricket :boonie: season is over and when rugby begins :australia: (why is there no kiwi emote anymore? anyway, a crying Wallaby is probably appropriate here)

the card, proudly displayed on my fridge, held up by the two magnetic torches kindly gifted

Also in the package were some super useful latex gloves, I use em heaps for cooking. Finally a bunch of earplugs. I'm going to have to move into a share house soon so you know they will come in handy!

All in all, 100/10. ephphata you are a loving champ who clearly took the time to check my (meagre) post history and select some very thoughtful gifts!
:perfect:

The offer of a beer stands anytime.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Holy crap another Blue Mountains AI goon?!?!?!?!

Edit : Highly remiss of me, I need to post pics of what I got. Will do tomorrow

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 23, 2016

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Got to knock off work early, hooned up through the mountains to drop off my santee's gift, then came home to find a gently caress-off big box with my name on it.

The contents, as described by CT in an electronic note:

quote:

CAT INTERCEPTOR wrote on Dec 22, 2016 19:12:
Dear Ephphatha

As your SEKRET SANTA it is my pleasure to present to you the following

1) MAD MAX : FURY ROAD CHROME EDITION. What garage is not complete without a copy of THE AI movie and life story of 14 inch Dick?
2) 2009 Repco WRC shirt as worn by media and touched by Sebastian Loeb.
3) Alliance Motorsport’s service park shirt as worn by one of the team at the WRC this year. It’s clean and doesn’t smell too much
4) One piston from a blown PWRC motor. A good paper weight or thing to start conversations with
5) No toolbox is complete without a set of ratcheting spanners. Even if you have a set, a second set is always more than handy from personal experience.
6) A multi-tool of some sort. I think it will tool multiple things.
7) A road book from 2009 where I stuffed the STI into a bank
As I believe you live close enough to Hampton in the Blue Mountains we as a team have test days behind the Hampton Half Way House. The next planned one is in January and we would like to invite you to come out and have the poo poo scared out of you by Kaptain Ballistik or myself, depending on what cars are ready for said test day. Or if you can, why no come out and co-drive at the next Eastern Creek rallysprint?

And as always, lots of kudos on Strava

CAT INTERCEPTOR

P.S. Come over this side of the mountains and ride bikes sometime! Or have a beer in the garage while we’re resurrecting Subarus, your choice.

The road book was for a rally in the forests west of Canberra so the notes had plenty of warnings about trees near the road. (Was the magnetic gutter where you binned it?)

Mad Max: Fury Road CHROME EDITION (!). I didn't own a copy of fury road before today but now that character flaw has been corrected.

A fairly compact wire stripper/multi-tool. I've got one of those automatic wire strippers that spends most of its time at the bottom of the toolbox cause it's huge, having something closer at hand will be great.

A set of double-ended (:pervert:) ratcheting spanners. My other set have started to seize so these are definitely gonna take over as the primary

Official WRC team kit, slightly oily (used to wrap the piston).

Official AMS kit, mostly clean.

I'm torn between mounting the shirts in the garage or wearing them (they're slightly too large but would still work fine for casual wear). Seems a waste to have them as display pieces.

And the reason shipping cost a mint, the blown piston.

No major damage that I could see, presumably the rings just didn't feel like holding up their end of the bargain.

And not mentioned in the letter but there was a Specialized bag that from the trace amounts of oil may have contained the piston at one point.

Thanks heaps Cat Terrist/Interceptor! I'm definitely gonna try catch up at some point to ride bikes and/or hoon through the woods.

slothrop posted:

Sorry ephphatha!!! I'm such a fuckin' goon! Took me far too long to put two and two together.

Absolutely no worries :), you were working so I didn't want to waste your time. The little black plastic thing serves absolutely no purpose (it was to support a bicycle stem iirc) but it looked kinda like a buttplug so I had to include it. The lovely drawing in the card is of micromancer as well.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

My santee still hasn't picked up his package.

CA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My Secret Santee: Shipping to the Great White North is expensive from here in the Republic of Trumpistan. I got you some good stuff, so don't worry, you are getting a package, but it probably won't hit you till next week. :smith:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
So, I got home the other day to a package! But what could it be!

A selection of stuff!

No worries, I completely know about the limited cash thing. And this...

THIS is going up in my cube at work, because I'm terribly mature like that. :D Thank you, Left Ventricle, and happy AImas!

And now I'm knowing how you're feeling because I'm seeing UPS saying my package got left at a desk and haven't heard anything since. :ohdear:

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
First item has been delivered! It has nothing indicating it's a gift at all, but I'm glad it made it before Christmas! When Amazon didn't offer prime, I randomly picked an alternate seller who didn't charge me tax (in CA) hoping that they would be closer. Have fun with the gift, the rest of the stuff is scheduled for next Wednesday.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So I found this on the front porch:

And I can only assume that somebody took this as a request:

angryrobots posted:

You're welcome! I love my cheap r/c helis. They are a great stress reliever and very sturdy, you can and will crash the hell out of it, but they are also very controllable once you get the hang of it.

I don't have that model and it took all my self control to not open and fly it.

LOL, that was unexpected, thanks Santa!

It's charging now. :911:

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
My package arrived bearing a strange foreign language, and clear instructions on where and how to open. Which my wife promptly ignored by cutting down the middle of the box.

Inside was a variety of goodies

Starting with a wonderfully illustrated letter

A selection of stickers

My favourite being this one (in reference to my car being stolen before Xmas last year)

A funky Snoopy card holder?

A selection of GT:argh:s and Ferraris

A short while later

These are apparently frequent customer rewards for buying coffee from 7Eleven. I would so be buying coffee more if we had sweet stuff like this in NZ.

Some seriously tasty tea.

Not pictured was a box of Ferrero Rocher, that was scoffed rather quickly by my wife, my son and myself.

Last but not least was this awesome model, Who doesn't love an 80s econobox!

Looking forward to doing this, I've got three weeks off work so this will help keep me occupied.

Thanks so much YF19 Pilot, you've been and amazing Santa two years in a row. I still have my grenade valve caps on the Caldina!

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

mekilljoydammit posted:

THIS is going up in my cube at work, because I'm terribly mature like that. :D Thank you, Left Ventricle, and happy AImas!

You're welcome. I had to go to two Autozones to find that. The first one, I asked for a water pump gasket, and the guy just sighs and goes "Is it for a Tacoma?" I just about pissed myself laughing. He knew. He said he didn't have any, so I went to another store nearby. To the clerk's credit at the second store, he didn't even crack a smile or ask any questions about my dildo cock-n-balls gasket.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

As an aside, the rx-8 also has a rather dongtacular water pump gasket. So next time when they sigh and ask if its for a tacoma, you can give them an alternate dick gasket!

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Echotic posted:

Thanks so much YF19 Pilot, you've been and amazing Santa two years in a row. I still have my grenade valve caps on the Caldina!

I had no list of who had who last year and did not have time to research it by thumbing through last year's thread. Looks like we have a few repeats this year, I'll do better next year to avoid that by keeping this year's match list to reference next year. Sorry for anyone who was disappointed by having the same person. Looks like YF19 Pilot did it right, though!

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Cop Porn Popper posted:

As an aside, the rx-8 also has a rather dongtacular water pump gasket. So next time when they sigh and ask if its for a tacoma, you can give them an alternate dick gasket!

Boy, you weren't kidding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
USPS delivers on Christmas Eve, right? Geirskogul, I'm sorry about the lack of tracking, but Canada Post said 4-6 days and swore it would get there before Christmas and today is day 6.

• Locked thread