Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

You're a piece of poo poo is what I'm saying. I'd tell you to loving kill yourself if that wasn't bannable

Please, call up your parents and tell them what you told us about the jews

You need to chill, bro.

Dankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

KM Scorchio posted:

INRI, can you even take any satisfaction from such an easy troll? I mean come on, it's as easy as taking a foreskin from a Jewish baby...

Absolutely :-] though for me the real prize is something else

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AlmightyPants posted:

What if MoMA's source is crobberts? That would explain his delusional predictions about what is about to be shown as well as his smugness towards being the one with the uncle who works at Nintendo CIG.

Meeting in an underground carpark at night (they were going to be above ground but MoMA clipped into the floor), they are a pair of shadowy figures T-Posing in their underwear (clothing bug) as a piece of paper floats between them. Head straining to see the writing on account of his body suddenly spasmodically flopping all around in front of him, MoMA gazes upon the scrawl across the paper.

"Game is amazing, mulitplayer fantastic, totally grey-boxxed"

In elation, MoMA flies off into the night by the power of his compressed air spouting nipples, the gentle "pssssssshhhhhhhhhhh" a promise of source secrecy. PARPthroat will surely bring down Derek Tarmas.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Are you Toast?

:popeye:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Just to be certain and lock things down, mind you precise what you consider SQ42 to be "complete" ? The number of missions, the playtime and the estimated lenght of the module has varied wildly from the initial stretch goals.

According to the completed stretch goals, SQ42 must contain :

- 50 missions (6M$)
- Full orchestral score (6M$)
- Complete voice acting and Mocap cutscenes(5M$)
- Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42 – Squadron 42 can go above and beyond anything you’ve seen before. From opening with an epic battle instead of a training patrol to missions that seamlessly combine boarding and space combat, we aim to put you right into the action!

And the first mission disk (at least 16 missions if we compare it to WC first mission disk) must be free to backers who pledged before 6M$.

Would you agree that SQ42 need that minimum to be considered "complete" or do you prefer to go with another (MVP) definition ?

Dont forget full game text and voice translations to other main languages as promised elsewhere. That is going to burn so deep in some international communities.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Milky Moor posted:

the best thing about moma is that he's either toast (it's this) or he's someone who is being lied to by someone within CIG

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I.N.R.I posted:

Absolutely :-] though for me the real prize is something else

whats that?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:golfclap:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

When Alan Ford, of all people, decides this place is too much of a shitshow for them, it's time to take a hint.

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

e:

This owns

Truga fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 22, 2016

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

"Car salesman." You guys need to stop licking Derek's taint. Or, lick it harder and wetter in the awesome troll you've engaged. Either way, you've got the wrong salesman.

citation needed

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

This is amazing. Depending on how it looks once EA hits I may buy in.

I've been looking at hellion and it looks like a good fun game. Also, look at the top comment on that video holy :lol:

WTFish
May 4, 2009

:perfect:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKc7CpY5c8&t=189s

:gary: :yarg:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hey guys you should all stop being super angry all the time and doxxing the people who anger you. First of all I dont understand why you are getting livid at a videogame thats not even out yet, their developers, or the people pointing out how unhealthy that is. Please stop reading 9001 pages long reddit posts of the game you hate, watching million hour long videos of people you talked about wanting to murder, following them on twitter, or internet stalking me + calling me a pedophile.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys you should all stop being super angry all the time and doxxing the people who anger you. First of all I dont understand why you are getting livid at a videogame thats not even out yet, their developers, or the people pointing out how unhealthy that is. Please stop reading 9001 pages long reddit posts of the game you hate, watching million hour long videos of people you talked about wanting to murder, following them on twitter, or internet stalking me + calling me a pedophile.
Nice meltdown.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

ArfJason posted:

Mmmm, I don't think you've quite got enough material together yet to make your argument really compelling, but stick around and keep trying buddy

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5CBUIdKoiM

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7kWTBQG73I

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
CATERPILLER MODEL CLIPPING 2.6

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 From the cockpt head towards docking port
2 at first or second twin door "airlock" strafe into the side walls to clip through into ship void space.

ACTUAL RESULT
Clipping through model physics barrier

EXPECTED RESULT
A wall lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
DRAKE CATERPILLAR'S INSTANT DEATH BY EVA TO BAYS PHYSICS GRID

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 Eva to open Caterpillar cargo bay (all bays relivent)
2 Land on floor of any caterpillar bay either very precise or sloopy.
3 physics grid for artifical gravity enables,
4 less than a second later you instantly die.

ACTUAL RESULT
I have have had this occur many times, weather its a perfect transistion from eva to landing smoothly on the floor of ANY bay. i have died at least once in every bay. and have died less while making a hurried and sloopy landing from eva to the floor of the bay. the Caterpillar's physics grid is way to sensitive to your momentuim being low or high enough to kill you from the sudden stop. it seems to believe you are traveling ast enough for a sudden stop to kill you.

EXPECTED RESULT
Mr. Physics grid needs to chill out cause we are going the speed limit and we get sad when we are loading 5 merlins into a caterpillar and i die on a smooth eva transistin and then server connection crashes before we can go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFPLgN7TC-U

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ramadu posted:

whats that?

World peace. just kidding

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

What if Star Citizen was a bus. http://shanghaiist.com/2016/12/05/straddling_bus_abandoned.php

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I finally figured this thing out.

Initial launch date was nov 2014. Sometime in oct 2014, the official star citizen dogge from the trailer, and also roberts family friend, died. The roberts family, being the tender souls they are, never recovered from this tragedy. Seeing how croberts, the sole driving force behind this project, could no longer perform his godlike game developer magic well, everything went to poo poo.

Star Citizen dogge is dead, and the game died with it :rip:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
/r/StarCitizen: "What's gotten into this sub??"

quote:

As soon as someone doesnt agree 100 % with CIG he gets downvoted to oblivion. Doesnt matter if the person is expressing and opinion and beeing very polite about it . As soon as you voice anything against any change you get downvotes. What happend to this sub ?
Is free expression gone on this sub ? I get if people act like pricks that they get downvotes. But since a while now you have to love CIG and make meaningless comments repeating the same stuff over and over or you get downvoted. Its not even possible anymore to give feedback to CIG .
Edit : My post was about 10 seconds here.. bam downvote. Holy moly. Criticising anything isnt allowed anymore.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:yikes:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Please stop responding to people who only want to be validated by getting a response.

Please stop telling people to kill themselves.

Please enjoy your holiday.

Astroneer is a lot of fun.

Thank you.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I'm cool with the Doom box art thing because it's more of an homage/tribute, but you can't just do the digital equivalent of tracing like with the Halo stuff.

Lots of great art is heavily influenced by art that came before, but it's only respectable when you add some original value.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm okay with the Doom thing because it's more of a tribute/homage, but you just can't do the equivalent of tracing, digitally, like with the stuff from Halo.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'm the Doom/Halo thing okay, it's a homage more of equivalent tribute, but digitially because you can't like, do with the just tracing stuff.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Please stop responding to people who only want to be validated by getting a response.

Please stop telling people to kill themselves.

Please enjoy your holiday.

Astroneer is a lot of fun.

Thank you.

IDK why people still don't have those two turbonerds on ignore. Even as someone who loves a good troll, both got pretty old very fast.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Xaerael posted:

IDK why people still don't have those two turbonerds on ignore. Even as someone who loves a good troll, both got pretty old very fast.

Good trolls are funny.

Neither of them are.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Imagine being so creatively bankrupt you think your lovely dude versus dude fps needs a nostalgia trip image derived from a game your game is nothing like.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Amarcarts posted:

I'm cool with the Doom box art thing because it's more of an homage/tribute, but you can't just do the digital equivalent of tracing like with the Halo stuff.

Lots of great art is heavily influenced by art that came before, but it's only respectable when you add some original value.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm okay with the Doom thing because it's more of a tribute/homage, but you just can't do the equivalent of tracing, digitally, like with the stuff from Halo.

::gary:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Imagine being so creatively bankrupt you think your lovely dude versus dude fps needs a nostalgia trip image derived from a game your game is nothing like.

I lack the creativity to imagine such a thing.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I don't know, Doom was pretty inventive in the early 90s. Star Citizen would also have been pretty inventive in the early 90s.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Amarcarts posted:

I saw a cool montage of tributes to Kaneda's iconic bike slide in Akira. It was cool because each one did it in their own way, but it was identifiable as Kaneda's slide. Not because it was a mishmash crobbled jigsaw of other people's work.

Linky

http://bikeslide.tumblr.com/

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Also Christmas in the stimpire is the most painful time of year. All gifts are virus bombs and all wrapping paper is made of razor blades.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hey beer

Now that you have your refund , have you considered proceeding with your Intel campaign against cig anyways ?

You have a lot of compiled information that could help others to get a refund via cig getting the ol spicy Keychain from the government

Very worst case scenario they add your stuff to a file being built

Sure you already got yours , but after the way they treated you why not help put them out of business ?

Cribblers will continue to grift people up until the day they pull the plug on his servers as ordered by the courts

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Hmm. What about a

Second

person

shooter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I.N.R.I posted:

World peace. just kidding

tricked again :smith: