Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Are they.., er.., do they.., Are they actually trying to say they want to suck Ben off?

:barf::tubular:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hmm. What about a

Second

person

shooter

So… Screencheat, basically?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

So… Screencheat, basically?

blue you're mined

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sabreseven posted:

Are they.., er.., do they.., Are they actually trying to say they want to suck Ben off?

:barf::tubular:

They all gave Ben 10k months ago for literal jpgs he promised to upload at some point in the future.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

They all gave Ben 10k months ago for literal jpgs he promised to upload at some point in the future.

I remember that now, he totally ripped them off didn't he :lesnick:

Ben bukkake though, :whitewater:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
2.6.0M is here. ONLY 10 gigs!!!

quote:

Important Issues

Be advised that, in order to receive new lobby invites, you will need to restart the client after every match.
Star Marine Leaderboards are not in-game this build.
Scan is not complete, please refrain from using it (“Tab” key on default keybindings).
Missile rebalance is ongoing.
Flight Balance Changes to include Acceleration, Afterburner, Boost, Fuel Rates, and Jerk are ongoing.
New! Star Marine – Whenever a player respawns, all players will experience a lag spike
New! Being invited to a Multiplayer Match, then exiting and joining a Multiplayer game will always put you in a Battle Royale on Broken Moon
New! Combat Visors have a chance of not showing up in some ships.

Updates

Fixed a number of client and server crashes in Star Marine, Crusader and Arena Commander.
Fixed a number of issues causing error code 30000 and 10002 for players.
Fixed a number of issues with the Caterpillar MFDs.
Fixed an issue with the hands of a Reliant pilot going through the flightsticks.
Fixed an issue where Afterburner and Boost would continue after fuel had run out.
Fixed some missing audio with the Starfarer.
Improved the performance of Chaff Countermeasures against missiles.
Fixed Rikkord Memorial and Defford Link race maps so they are no longer caught on a loading screen.
Fixed a number of issues with the new frontend UI.
These include a number of lobby crashes and numerous graphical issues.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

There have been some unexpected blockers.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheLightPurges posted:

I like how every update brings new bugs

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

There have been some unexpected blockers.

But enough about Ben's arteries.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I like how they never bother to disable the TAB key. You know the button right next to other functional buttons that crashes out your computer.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheLightPurges posted:

No, no. He said unexpected.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

I believe he showed a video of his care workers shuffling the boxes out of storage !

What do you expect him to do , he is a very busy man and totally working hard on star citizen he can't just drop everything and obsess on his nerd fantasy

You loving content locusts expect too much for 10k, that would barely buy one table and a chair

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Heh, ever wonder why he wheezes so?

It's probably because of the beta blockers : http://www.cardiachealth.org/heart-disease-treatment/heart-disease-medications/blood-pressure-medications/beta-blockers

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

he is a very busy man and totally working hard on star citizen he can't just drop everything and obsess on his nerd fantasy

He did abscess on it once too.

mmm sepsis.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sappo569 posted:

I believe he showed a video of his care workers shuffling the boxes out of storage !

What do you expect him to do , he is a very busy man and totally working hard on star citizen he can't just drop everything and obsess on his nerd fantasy

You loving content locusts expect too much for 10k, that would barely buy one table and a chair

I don't think he just stole the money. I think he just realized its way to much loving work to digitally upload 10000 bucks worth of trash to the internet.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

I don't think he just stole the money. I think he just realized its way to much loving work to digitally upload 10000 bucks worth of trash to the internet.

I think you're right , Ben is a huge piece of poo poo but doesn't have the smarts to cook up that scheme only to steal the money

I'm sure he started it with legit purpose, then realized he needed help just to get the boxes out of storage , and we'll that was pretty much the end of the project

Of course now that we've been asking questions he will post a 'sorry guys the holidays are busy here at Roberts dream factory'

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fat Shat Sings posted:

More quality work from the $140,000,000 company that completely reassures me that the dream is real. Inability to do High School Art Class perspectives.

I'm guessing at this point all of the concept guys worth a drat may be gone. You jest about "high school art class" but for Chris Roberts, it's where he's going to cherry pick his next underpaid talent from. :ohdear:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

No, no. He said unexpected.

They are unclogging the pipeline, everything should be back to normal soon.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's more than someone's word in regards to the information I have about the game.

Yes, we know you have :airquote:connections:airquote:. Though similarly you must realize that despite what you are told, there is a significant difference between what is delivered in reality.

Lets say your connection is actually Chris Roberts. He pretty much has no clue what his game has in it, what is functional, or even what it's about. So understand how pointless any other connection you may have is, too. Not even The Roberts could give you a clear answer about his own game. :shrug:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

I think you're right , Ben is a huge piece of poo poo but doesn't have the smarts to cook up that scheme only to steal the money

I'm sure he started it with legit purpose, then realized he needed help just to get the boxes out of storage , and we'll that was pretty much the end of the project

Of course now that we've been asking questions he will post a 'sorry guys the holidays are busy here at Roberts dream factory'

He took them out of storage? Did he stuff all that poo poo in his home? :laffo:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

He took them out of storage? Did he stuff all that poo poo in his home? :laffo:

Youre asking if Ben of all people stored wing commander poo poo at home?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tippis posted:

Seems reasonable enough. It's just that the end result, at least from the outside, is that you all look like a bunch of paranoid violence-fetichistic nutcases — in large part because of that obviously emotional response… :D

And that's from someone who fully agrees that shooting is a fun hobby, and who's just as annoyed with the current EU drive to ramp up weapon ownership restrictions.

If your primary exposure to American gun culture is via the internet you're probably getting a wildly distorted view. The type of people you see having internet slap fights in comments sections of news articles are generally the extremists on each side. So you come away with the impression that everyone in America is either a Berkeley hippy that wets themselves at the thought of a firearm, or a total nutjob that owns 30 ARs and masturbates constantly at the thought of shooting a burglar with or becoming Neegan after total societal collapse.

Whereas I think the vast majority of people either don't own guns but don't think they should all be rounded up and incinerated (or at least realize that in American it's not likely to ever happen or work), or do own guns but aren't particularly worried about them being rounded up and incinerated.

I will say that as a gun owner, 99% of people arguing against gun control on the internet should shut the gently caress up because they're idiots and doing more harm than good. They think pro gun control people have a monopoly on lovely arguments while making arguments like:

1. You said the word clip instead of magazine so you know nothing about guns and are therefore not entitled to have an opinion.

2. There is more violence in downtown Chicago than there is in rural Iowa because all the farmers in rural Iowa have rifles, and more guns = less crime.

3. A .45 handgun is twice as powerful as a 223 AR-15 so it's stupid to want to ban AR-15s.

4. I saw Jerry Miculek or whoever reload a revolver in 1.1 seconds in a Youtube video so an AR with a pile of 30 round magazines is no more effective than a guy with a six shooter and a pile of shells in his pocket.

All actual arguments stated non-ironically in MSN article comments or on (non gun related) forums.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Youre asking if Ben of all people stored wing commander poo poo at home?

I'm not questioning his devotion, I'm wondering about the physics of the problem. Ben and Mrs. Ben aren't exactly small, I imagine they need an wide unobstructed path to move around. Seeing as they can't be getting much in form of salaries and that rent in LA isn't exactly cheap they probably live in a tiny apartment rather than a huge mansion like Chris.

How do you stuff dozens of boxes of trash in such a confined space in a way that allows two landwhales to freely move around? Is Ben some sort of master hoarder?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
A lot of people do this, start projects that sound awesome at the time but in reality are too much work or not interesting.

When it happens to me, it only costs me like 100 bucks in materials. In Ben's hands, he fleeced 10k from people and now might be legally obligated to follow through or provide refunds lol.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Guys I think Moma's whole "I have sources" thing is just a joke about Derek.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Also I loving love guns but I'm gonna go Neegan on this thread if anyone else types up ten paragraphs on why guns are good/bad.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: /\/\/\/\/\ fight me IRL

scrubs season six posted:

If your primary exposure to American gun culture is via the internet you're probably getting a wildly distorted view.

My objection to guns in the hands of civilians has nothing to do with american culture. On one hand I think I would be a responsible gun owner and shooting an AR-15 must be a lot of fun. On the other hand I look around and I can't help but notice that I'm surrounded by idiots and/or less than stable people.

If the price of shooting paper targets once in a while is having to consider the possibility that my idiot neighbor might blast me away because he didn't like me objecting to his dog making GBS threads in front of my door I'll give it a pass.

Criminals will be criminals, it's the idiots that worry me.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

How do you stuff dozens of boxes of trash in such a confined space in a way that allows two landwhales to freely move around? Is Ben some sort of master hoarder?

You get a thinner person to stuff them in the attic and then you pretend it's too much trouble to ask them to come back and unstuff them.

Also a shill got banned/suspended in the frontier forums SC thread :iiam:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
The general population of USA would be much better equipped for a zombie apocalypse than most other countries. That's about the best argument I can think of for mass gun ownership tbh.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tokamak posted:

So, the hottest thread on /r/ds isn't even about derek smart, but about Beer getting a refund. Totally an independent sub that is concerned about the blatant falsehoods of a washed up game developer...

It saddens me to know they need to pick on Beer, who's been nothing short of a gentleman to everybody involved, even CIG and other backers.

I know they want to vilify everybody against the project, but they should pick better targets to assault. :(

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheLightPurges posted:

New! Wheneve a player respawns everyone in the game feels lag.

This is being forced out tomorrow and there are no ifs or buts about it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What happens when they hit Z and it's still broken af?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Welp looks like you filthy leavers and non believers were wrong

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"We'll continue to monitor throughout the night"

:laffo:

Chris got them 24/7 workdays for Christmas.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Best Christmas gift ever for both his personnel and backers.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

lol they were supposed to shut down all the studios the 16th. Now they're working super double ultra crunchtime.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Best company evah. I bet that loving garage door gets old at 10pm.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wrecked Angle posted:

The general population of USA would be much better equipped for a zombie apocalypse than most other countries. That's about the best argument I can think of for mass gun ownership tbh.

Countries that can trace their origins further than last month and have a history to learn from understand that a halberd or a boar spear are the only sensible weapons in the zombie apocalypse. See how the characters in TWD struggle with the concept of "maybe a knife shouldn't be your first choice just because firearms aren't an option".

:euro-chauvinism:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 22, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looking forward to a tweet from The Vice President of Marketing from some expensive resort while the interns try to keep 2.6 running with rubber bands and duct tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

scrubs season six posted:

All actual arguments stated non-ironically in MSN article comments or on (non gun related) forums.

Quick: the definition of irony....