Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I can't believe that of all the things that it could have been - shipping, franchise wars, discussion of what qualifies as canon - it's Kirari "Happy Happy" Moroboshi that will tear us apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kirari is not canon

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Every CG girl has a good voice.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

of the 7 psvr games i own, 3 are idol experiences

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

and theyre good as hell

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

on the menu screens in viewing revolution they have an idol stand off to the side and say something and they all have different animations for when you dont select anything and they look off to the side or stop smiling or similarly get awkward for a second and theyre all p funny. except like ranko who is locked in with a steely gaze or minami who is like oh yeah check out THIS outsized pose

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Super No Vacancy posted:

on the menu screens in viewing revolution they have an idol stand off to the side and say something and they all have different animations for when you dont select anything and they look off to the side or stop smiling or similarly get awkward for a second and theyre all p funny. except like ranko who is locked in with a steely gaze or minami who is like oh yeah check out THIS outsized pose

They know what the fans want

Staring down Ranko while eating some cake

Also I'm pretty sure if you put your phone in low battery mode, it'll just be constantly turning itself off if you leave it alone for a few seconds, and there's no way to change the timeout, so that won't work so hot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why is this boy in my idol house

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
He's a real life idol.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

some of hte repetitive parts of new ankira start to make sense when you learn the composer was higedriver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLe5XaJjOQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q71TBZ9HU7w

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

good news everyone they added snow wings to VIEWING REVOLUTION with yui and haruna and a ps4 pro patch

Hmm, what does the patch add?

Zettace posted:

He's a real life idol.

also don't miss the great new commercials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMv6hpMmNY4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgdjAxs-UzQ

Polsy fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 22, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

oh, he's back?

Oh dear. I hope he's learned not to skateboard indoors, at least.

Futaba Anzu posted:

some of hte repetitive parts of new ankira start to make sense when you learn the composer was higedriver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLe5XaJjOQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q71TBZ9HU7w

Fun to listen to, not fun to play.
Especially not on a touchscreen, with sliding.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

why is this boy in my idol house

You invited him. Don't you remember?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

As my friends fashion a noose for me, is there really no way to get a UR sticker besides selling a different UR? I really don't want to save up 500 r seals.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nope. Unless they're rewarded in some other manner.
You could also use 5 SSR seals or... 25 SR?
I did a couple pulls for her but no dice so far. Doing more later. Full results to be collected and out in an album. Hopefully I can follow in your footsteps!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

They gave me the wrong Araki lol

Also this is kinda making me sad

Like, even indoors she's still in cardboardville. Also eating cake with chopsticks.

Gosh, who do I make my homescreen, this or Kyouko???

Also some crazy person tried to label all the decorations on the tree with who they belong to lol
(no but really that's kinda impressive)
https://twitter.com/usagoe716/status/811825810923368448

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Eve :ohdear:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It's not all bad for her. I mean, sure the chopsticks broke unlucky, but that whiteboard says she's in a building. There's probably a roof, at least!

Also thank god for the new kotatsu, now there aren't turtles in my room~ It even almost matches the decor!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm glad Idol Incidents understands my time is valuable and allows me to collect (lesser numbers of) tokens in token events by just pushing the start button and then getting back to doing my job.

Zenostein posted:

Also thank god for the new kotatsu, now there aren't turtles in my room~ It even almost matches the decor!

It's a cute turtle though, so, tough call for me. Especially if removing the turtle doesn't allow an extra person to sit down there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ooh you're supposed to save your gems

i'm bad at this

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I'm glad Idol Incidents understands my time is valuable and allows me to collect (lesser numbers of) tokens in token events by just pushing the start button and then getting back to doing my job.

It's a cute turtle though, so, tough call for me. Especially if removing the turtle doesn't allow an extra person to sit down there.

As much as I love the turtle, it is not very christmassy. It's bad enough my room's a somewhat-hideous mix of green/red and blue/white furniture (although I'm glad I found a white rug to toss in front of the fireplace) and also a wood-burning stove next to a fireplace; adding the turtles, no matter how cute, was a bit hard to stomach.

Can you actually do that in idol incidents? I guess since you can't fail you just have to wait for the songs to finish? I honestly haven't bothered much with the events besides playing the song a couple of times, and the battle event, since that doesn't require any effort.

Also yeah! Save your gems so you can enjoy getting duplicates all at once! I don't even remember the girl with the cute tiny tophat!

The only problem with Eve being my homescreen is that, much like Kyouko last year, she doesn't speak. Might have to swap their positions. I mean, they both have cake, so it's fine, right?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

As much as I love the turtle, it is not very christmassy. It's bad enough my room's a somewhat-hideous mix of green/red and blue/white furniture (although I'm glad I found a white rug to toss in front of the fireplace) and also a wood-burning stove next to a fireplace; adding the turtles, no matter how cute, was a bit hard to stomach.

Yeah, that's fair. I really need to toss everything out and make a full seasonal room at some point now we can save layouts.

Zenostein posted:

Can you actually do that in idol incidents? I guess since you can't fail you just have to wait for the songs to finish? I honestly haven't bothered much with the events besides playing the song a couple of times, and the battle event, since that doesn't require any effort.

Yeah, if you just start an Easy game (the unsurprisingly harsh reward cut for D rank makes this the most efficient choice) then walk away you can come back later and enjoy your ~125 tokens. I'm not stopping until I have at least 3 full santas. Then maybe do some duplicates to power them up a bit, because I already have some gacha SRs that are better.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Yeah, that's fair. I really need to toss everything out and make a full seasonal room at some point now we can save layouts.

Yeah, if you just start an Easy game (the unsurprisingly harsh reward cut for D rank makes this the most efficient choice) then walk away you can come back later and enjoy your ~125 tokens. I'm not stopping until I have at least 3 full santas. Then maybe do some duplicates to power them up a bit, because I already have some gacha SRs that are better.

Oh, that's pretty nice~
e. Actually by hitting 7 notes I can get a C. I guess I have a +score item equipped somewhere, because doing nothing gets me like 4k points. So tapping out the transformation sequence and a few notes pushes it over to C. Although that does require some attention…

You can save layouts? Hm, I don't know how useful that'd be though, I basically start afresh with every new set (and I'm absolutely not looking forward to hitting the storage cap). After all, the second room is for exciting seasonal nonsense, so I can keep my office-café mostly static. Although I did see one guy whose first room is just trophies and Anzu. That's pretty good, too.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 22, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does eve usually live in a cardboard box or something

the ps4 pro patch just improves framerate i think? snow wings is short but it makes it snow in the arena and yui is good

yuka is good too and has a good song

the kirari anzu song's chorus actually is good enough but yeah the rest of it is too bad

now that i got to level 50 and they are giving me all these new commus and songs i am making heck of gems

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I've been saving up gems and figured the Aquors Nightmare Before Christmas set was worth it. Five 11 pulls and not a single card from the set. Three SSRs, a bunch of SRs, and the assorted rares, but not a god drat thing from that set.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

e. Actually by hitting 7 notes I can get a C. I guess I have a +score item equipped somewhere, because doing nothing gets me like 4k points. So tapping out the transformation sequence and a few notes pushes it over to C. Although that does require some attention…

Yeah, on closer inspection your two backup idols do a little pose which generates ~2000 points, or at least, if you're our level. I picked a high-power guest and theirs did 14,000. Also it turns out if you play for real on Easy the song automatically ends as soon as you hit S-rank, which is a small time-saver depending on how quickly you can get there.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

does eve usually live in a cardboard box or something

the ps4 pro patch just improves framerate i think? snow wings is short but it makes it snow in the arena and yui is good

Ah, ok. I guess frame rate is pretty important for VR.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i got my first sr :v:

i have no idea if scouting support is worth it but i'm going to guess no. but at least i have one now. still not sure if i should hold onto her or use her for practice. it's unclear to me if she has some other use if i keep her around.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i would like to kick this real boy idol out of my idol house and give eve a proper room to live in

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Eve has the best cardboard box.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Yeah, on closer inspection your two backup idols do a little pose which generates ~2000 points, or at least, if you're our level. I picked a high-power guest and theirs did 14,000. Also it turns out if you play for real on Easy the song automatically ends as soon as you hit S-rank, which is a small time-saver depending on how quickly you can get there.

Ah, I guess that explains the option to use an s-rank team that showed up for me. It's under the guest option, I guess if you can manage an S by yourself.

Xinder posted:

i have no idea if scouting support is worth it but i'm going to guess no. but at least i have one now. still not sure if i should hold onto her or use her for practice. it's unclear to me if she has some other use if i keep her around.

That is straight-up just for eating. That's why it is level 1/1, like the teachers and dogs and what-not.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i would like to kick this real boy idol out of my idol house and give eve a proper room to live in

I did and I have yet to see her touch the reindeer. She was mostly hanging out in the kotatsu, and sleeping by the fire, which seems kinda dangerous. I mean, there's a grate but her hair is pretty long.

Weirdly, mr smap has not shown up for me yet. Lucky me!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Xinder posted:

These types of cards are meant to increase the skills of other cards of their color and rarity, so until you get a Smile SR, she'll sit in your support cards tab.

In general, those blue tickets are best saved until you have 5 of them to do a single 80/20 SR/UR draw. You get the blue tickets in 3 ways: at every level that's a multiple of 20; for every 10th honor scouting you do; and they can be purchased in the sticker shop. They're more of thing later, when you've done several 11-draws and have plenty of stickers. 20% for a UR is about as nice as the gacha gets.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Well...now I know!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Tokyo 7th Sisters has a christmas thing!

It's… a rhythm game! Very pimp my ride, that. It's also kinda weird, because the timing zone isn't really the circle, it's the line in the circles. Very rude.

It's cute tho

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
https://imgur.com/a/pcZak

Alas, no Halloween Yohane.
At least I'm more ready for the upcoming KanaMari Score Match though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is the Christmas set out yet, I might buy the Of Course one...

On the other hand I'm already spending a ton of money on GBF this month...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow, Jet to the Future or whatever that song is called is really fun to play on Master.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What are these Christmas Trees they give you in SS.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

affection gifts for the room tab

everything is too hard on master but jet to the future is a jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish Saitei Jewels was on all the time.