Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Metal warriors was like the best multiplayer game of its time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
second best multiplayer mode in metal warriors: you both get out of your mechs and meet in the middle to fight without suits

best multiplayer mode in metal warriors: the above but you run away before you die and jump in a mech and one-shot the other suitless guy :grin:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I only ever played Metal Warriors on an emulator and without friends. I think I liked Cybernator more because it had a better HUD and upgradable weapons, but it's been a long time. It sounds like another title to add to my list of mech games I want to be revived for modern consoles (Front Mission, Armored Core, Metal Wolf Chaos).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

haveblue posted:

Fly me to the goon
Let me play among the tards
Let me see what threads are like in TFR and PHIZ
In other words, lift my ban
In other words, posting lovely

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

second best multiplayer mode in metal warriors: you both get out of your mechs and meet in the middle to fight without suits

best multiplayer mode in metal warriors: the above but you run away before you die and jump in a mech and one-shot the other suitless guy :grin:

Or hiding at the top of a long shaft in the flying mech and just dropping on fools when you watch them go in it on their screen.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Captain Invictus posted:

Lol yes.

I was also a big fan of reverse Joust where you both get into the ufo mech with the dive bomb attack and just try to get above each other.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.061d379d15ab

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

man i thought someone here asked if sapienza suit only was even possible so i stopped playing eu4 long enough last night to record a quick run through but now i don't know if it was this thread or the gb thread. or last month's thread

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

a-mom-is-about-to-have-a-baby-at-age-66-this-is-not-fake-news

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

so what was the point of pokemon prism anyway. like am2r made an eh game super good. this one. didn't

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think its weird to go after rom hacks since they've been on the internet for like two decades. is fanfiction next nintendo. you wont take my ships away from me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Over a year late to the party because I just bought a PS4 a few weeks ago but I finally finished it and uhhh Bloodborne owns.

Dangit now I want to play all the other Souls games again I don't have time for this

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Over a year late to the party because I just bought a PS4 a few weeks ago but I finally finished it and uhhh Bloodborne owns.

Dangit now I want to play all the other Souls games again I don't have time for this

just keep playing bloodborne? Did you get the DLC? The DLC is really good and well worth $20.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

just keep playing bloodborne? Did you get the DLC? The DLC is really good and well worth $20.

Oh yeah, got the DLC and am doing a fresh run through the game with a different character. Still have to do like every optional side area as well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snak posted:

SLAIN: Back from Hell seems to be pretty fun and good. I honestly haven't played many of this type of game, so maybe it's not good in the genre, but I think it feels really solid. I read about the "update" and it sounds like when it launched it didn't... have any features or mechanics. So yeah, it sounds like it was really lovely. Like, one article I read implied that countering was added in the update. That's like, a core mechanic, so... yeah it would suck without it. I've only read up a little bit on the history of the game, but it was a kickstarted deal, and they were like 10 months behind schedule, so it seems like the launched the very unfinished game to assuage fears that it wasn't going to get made.

It's on sale on PSN for $10 now, normally $15? I think... It's very pretty the gameplay seems pretty solid to me.

Maybe I'll upload some videos, since I've actually beaten some bosses and minibosses so far.

Read the patch notes, pretty much every mechanic was added post-launch.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well, I recommend the game in its current state. I paid $10 bucks for it on PSN, and I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah it's pretty good now, it's just really funny to go through the patch notes and see how many core mechanics were added.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah it's pretty good now, it's just really funny to go through the patch notes and see how many core mechanics were added.

Yeah, I think releasing when they did was well-intentioned gamble that ended up being PR suicide. I mean, it's not really that different from loads of games touted as "early access", this just wasn't called that, as far as I can tell.

Snak fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 22, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Snak posted:

Yeah, I think releasing when they did was well-intentioned gamble that ended up being PR suicide. I mean, it's not really that different from loads of games touted as "early access", this just wasn't called that, as far as I can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohvV3feCo8&t=1648s

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 22, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah I read the update notes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

AA6 is $20 on eShop this weekend. if i had a top 50 for non-indie games, AA6 would be near the top

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what about a top 10 for non-indie games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tbh i dont know that i played an entire 10 non-indie games made in 2016

i know that Picross 3D 2 and AA6 were made in 2016

but I didnt even get a chance to buy/play Zero Escape 3 yet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm just saiyan if it's near the top of a 50 list why not just say it's near the top of a 10 list

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

steam sale in 20 minutes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[the beginning of space oddity but he's counting down from 1200 seconds]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium posted:

i'm just saiyan if it's near the top of a 50 list why not just say it's near the top of a 10 list
fair.

well it's definitely in the top 2. of the 2 games i can remember that came from 2016

but just in terms of all the games i played this year regardless of what year they came from, AA6 was in my top 10. it'd probably be

1. copy kitty
2. picross 3D 2
3. khimera
4. bleed
5. ace attorney 6
6. wuppo
7. assault android cactus
8. half minute hero 2
9. rive
10. ori & blind forest

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Good opinion.

Now I want to play it again.

Oh :krad: I'm on Christmas holidays in 15 minutes.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I would make a top 10 list but I'm worried about 4-5 year old nostalgia effect where I list Interstate 76 and Battlezone 98 as the greatest games of all time

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ostentatious posted:

I would make a top 10 list but I'm worried about 4-5 year old nostalgia effect where I list Interstate 76 and Battlezone 98 as the greatest games of all time

They are, though.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

All of this talk about Slain reminds me of Bloodstained. Apparently it's not scheduled to release until early 2018 :(

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 22, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?

Yeah, that looks super dope.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Snak posted:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?

Yeah, that looks super dope.

The last Castlevania game of that style was what? Order of Ecclesia?* That was nearly ten years ago. It's been way too long IMO.

* the actual answer is Harmony of Despair but let's pretend it isn't

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i just assumed this was a nickname for something, then i rethought it and looked it up

sure enough, there is a wuppo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Now I have an additional interview with another place next Wednesday and I keep getting emails that are like "Thanks for being patient, we're going to have a decision on this position soon" so, like, it feels like there is probably good news on the horizonm but in the meantime there's a lot of hurry up and wait and literally every supervisor I've ever had is almost definitely on vacation now, so references are going to be a real pain in the balls once anybody finally asks for them. Also my wife is sick and my niece has CF so figuring out the holiday just got more complicated.

I would like to thank my Playstation 4 for being a beacon of hope during this difficult time.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

:siren:GARFIELD KART IS 75% OFF:siren:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Steam sales are great, but Steam during said sales is terrible. I can't even load the drat store pages a good two thirds of the time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
In no particular order:
Titanfall 2
Overwatch
EDF 4.1
Rimworld
Xcom 2
The Division
Civilization 6
Dark Souls 3
Nuclear Throne

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MMF Freeway posted:

Metal warriors was like the best multiplayer game of its time.

I always mix up Metal Warriors and Metal Marines.

Both are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

:siren:GARFIELD KART IS 75% OFF:siren:

Link?

• Locked thread